Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (10/15/2017)  (Read 19597 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (10/15/2017)
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2017, 09:03:39 pm »

These sound fantastic for adventure mode. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (10/15/2017)
« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »

These sound fantastic for adventure mode. :)

I hope it all works in adventure mode. I really need to set up a test script for trying them all out. I've got them all running in Fort mode, any they just use things like modtools/item-trigger, which I am pretty sure work just fine in adventure mode.

I also, got the Enhanced Buildings working. So now you can have working multi-story buildings (it's kind of a cludgy work around, but seems to work fine). You can also require a certain size in the z direction be available in order to build a building. As an example a multi-story cathedral can be designated like this.
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING:MULTI_STORY_CATHEDRAL]
 [OUTSIDE_ONLY]
 [WALLS:BUILDING_MAT:STONE]
 [ROOF:BUILDING_MAT:STONE]
 [FLOORS:BUILDING_MAT:STONE]
 [LEVELS:5]
 [PILLAR:1:1]
 [LEVEL:1:MULTI_STORY_CATHEDRAL]
 [LEVEL:2:CATHEDRAL_LEVEL_2]
 [LEVEL:3:CATHEDRAL_LEVEL_3]
 [LEVEL:4:CATHEDRAL_LEVEL_4]
 [LEVEL:5:CATHEDRAL_TOP_LEVEL]
When you start construction of the MULTI_STORY_CATHEDRAL building it will check to make sure there is enough room for all five levels and that it is outside. It will then construct floors, a roof, and walls out of whatever stone material is being used in the base construction of the building (if the building material being used isn't stone it will default to a local stone material). Walls and roof are optional, the PILLAR argument states which position you want to act as a pillar that holds the whole thing up. If you are using walls it is not necessary. Each level needs to have it's own BUILDING_WORKSHOP raw entry, as it is basically just constructing buildings on buildings. I'm hoping to tie the construction of different levels to the build stages of the base building, but right now it just completes all of them at once. I haven't tested out building destroyers and multistory buildings yet, but I'm guessing it will fail miserably, as I barely have deconstruction working.

In addition to multi-story buildings, it is now easy to set up buildings with continuous effects. For example a building that continually produces mist every 10 ticks
[BUILDING:MIST_GENERATOR_BASE]
 [SPAWN_FLOW:MIST:100:10]
Which is really just a shortcut for a building that runs a script
[BUILDING:MIST_GENERATOR_SCRIPT]
 [SCRIPT:flow/random-pos -location BUILDING_LOC -flow MIST -density 100:10]

To go along with Enhanced Buildings, Enhanced Reactions is coming along nicely. These reactions will basically allow you to specify a much wider range of reagents and products for a reaction. I will also be adding the ability to change reaction times, so you can make a reaction take as long as you want. The idea behind this addition was to be able to create things like quarries, where you assign a unit to perform the reaction with a certain amount of food and drink, then the unit goes to the quarry disappears for a couple days and then finishes the reaction with a certain amount of stone produced based on the units skill and what local stones are available. You will also be able to create stage like workshops where you can have a unit or group of units "perform" for a certain amount of time in order to give nearby units buffs and such.

Two notes;
1. I haven't played with the new version at all, so I don't know if anything that I am doing now will conflict with that. From what I can tell, no, but we shall see.
2. Like most of the scripting I do, these are all just tools for modders and players to use to add features to their game. Eventually there will be a mod of my own that uses all of these features, but for now the scripts come with just very basic examples. So if you want to know more about what they can do just ask!

Hope everyone is having a good holidays and happy new year (tomorrow). I should be pushing a big update on the 3rd or 4th of January when I get back to non dial-up internet.

EDIT: So something I did with the building triggers is now causing an intermittent crash. I'm trying to work it out before I push all the new stuff. If I can't figure it out in the next couple of days I'll probably just disable the Enhanced Buildings and Enhanced Reactions.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:14:37 pm by Roses »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]