Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 316635 times)

kahrkunne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.6 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2014, 02:08:23 pm »

Ah, no problem. Glad to be of service.
I'll give the entire thing a test run tomorrow, but if you'll excuse me, I'm afraid my fortress might flood... (again)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.7 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2014, 05:32:42 pm »

As all of you have probably guessed from the title, PyLNP 0.7 is now up. :)

Notable additions include the ability to alter the display of utilities with custom titles and tooltips.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2014, 10:36:21 pm »

Minor configuration question:  the following PyLNP.json enables the dfhack tab in 0.5.2, but not 0.6 or 0.7 - what do I need to change?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And what do people think of an update function that downloads a newer version of the pack, unzips it, and runs an (extracted) update script?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2014, 04:50:44 am »

Minor configuration question:  the following PyLNP.json enables the dfhack tab in 0.5.2, but not 0.6 or 0.7 - what do I need to change?

As of 0.6, the DFHack tab no longer looks at the JSON in order to toggle its appearance - instead, it will look for DFHack in the Dwarf Fortress folder and show itself if DFHack was found (because if you're not using DFHack, there's no point in having the tab).

This detection looks for three different files, if one of them is found, it considers DFHack to be present. Those files are:

<df>\dfhack (DFHack launching script on Linux/OSX)
<df>\SDLreal.dll (the "original" SDL.dll file, as used by DFHack on Windows)
<df>\SDLhack.dll (alternate filename for DFhack's SDL.dll file, used to disable DFHack on Windows)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2014, 05:03:50 am »

...and thus it's not there on my unreleased 40.14 pack, because DFHack isn't ready yet.  Thanks, I'll just leave it as-is for now :D
 Donations here.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.7.1 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2014, 05:06:10 pm »

With 40.15 out, I've published a new build - 0.7.1 - with the changes that have shown up. It's mostly internal code changes, but there are a few user-visible changes as well:

Move display options to Graphics tab
Expose GRAZE_COEFFICIENT as an option
Remove save game update prompt if no saves will be updated
Basic graphics pack validation during loading of available packs (checks to see if specific files and folders exist in the pack)
If folder name is given as command-line argument, try to use it as DF folder
Various improvements to the underlying code (contributions by rx80)

MagiX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.7.1 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2014, 11:30:40 am »

Slight error with python3: settings.py has a basestring used, which is not present in python3.

And what do people think of an update function that downloads a newer version of the pack, unzips it, and runs an (extracted) update script?
Been there, done that. (See one of my last posts) Not sure if this is a good way to do that, but it is a way to do that. I personally would prefer to have an automated update, not sure if this will work flawless with DF though.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2014, 11:40:28 am »

Slight error with python3: settings.py has a basestring used, which is not present in python3.

Fixed; forgot to check that when that pull request came in...

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2014, 11:51:37 am »

Been there, done that. (See one of my last posts) Not sure if this is a good way to do that, but it is a way to do that. I personally would prefer to have an automated update, not sure if this will work flawless with DF though.
I'm all for an automated/semiautomated mechanism. I may have found a low hanging fruit for PyLNP: dulwich. It should be fairly easy to fetch the tags from a repo and prompt the user to select which version to pull.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »

I may have found a low hanging fruit for PyLNP: dulwich.

Unfortunately, dulwich is licensed under the GPL and as such I cannot bring it into PyLNP without making PyLNP GPL as well. I do not want to do this.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2014, 05:35:00 pm »

I was thinking more a simple DFFD-focussed thing first.

- Include 'URL from which to download update' in PyLNP.json
 - Download this, and extract zip into sibling directory of current pack
 - Look in new pack for "update.bat/sh/jar/py (etc), and run if found

It's actually a little more flexible than just DFFD, but does require a known-in-advance download link which can otherwise be tricky.  For example, http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=7622&f=update.zip will always download the latest version of my pack as an archive named update.zip
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2014, 06:15:16 pm »

Unfortunately, dulwich is licensed under the GPL and as such I cannot bring it into PyLNP without making PyLNP GPL as well. I do not want to do this.

If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free
programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to the author
to ask for permission.  For software which is copyrighted by the Free
Software Foundation, write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes
make exceptions for this.  Our decision will be guided by the two goals
of preserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software and
of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.

Worth a shot, were it to be actually implemented of course.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2014, 03:59:10 am »

How about dual-licensing? The compiled app 'd need to be GPL-ed, but your code could still be released with BSD license.
If that's not acceptable, then perhaps these BSD project could be useful instead: python-github3 and github3

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2014, 06:19:00 am »

If that's not acceptable, then perhaps these BSD project could be useful instead: python-github3 and github3

Those appear to be GitHub API clients, not Git clients. They aren't made for working with Git repositories.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:52 am »

Hi all - quick question on the folder structure.

I'm working on the mods tab, for which I created a reduced raw folder format - just remove any files identical to vanilla, typically saving 80% to 95% of the disk space.  Of course, you then need a copy of the vanilla raws to rebuild it - so I'm looking at using the "df_40_xx_win.zip"* file directly from Bay12 games.  This means that if raws or settings from an older version are wanted (eg to rebuild a mod for an old version), it's trivial to download them as the need arises. 

The question:  where should these zips go?  Bear in mind that we don't want to clutter the graphics or mods folders, and it would be significantly faster if we can leave the unzipped folders in place.  I'm thinking a new folder would be appropriate:  LNP/Baselines/ - but I'm open to suggestions for a different name or system.

* Since we only want it for the contents of the /data/ and /raw/ folders, platform doesn't matter and this is the easiest way to slice names and use the ZipFile library. 
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39