Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 316935 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2015, 04:20:59 pm »

Your antivirus is overzealous.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2015, 05:24:41 pm »

It's webroot, so possibly.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2015, 04:06:22 pm »

This comes up fairly often with starter packs, at least on Windows.  Until enough users (of that particular antivirus) explicitly trust the executable, it gets treated as malware.  You can probably exclude-from-scan the parent directory of your DF folders.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.1 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2015, 01:05:40 pm »

PyLNP 0.9.1 is now available. The main additions are improvements to the mods system, and DFFD integration for updates, both courtesy of PeridexisErrant.

I plan to contact DHL tomorrow, arranging to have my CPU shipped to Intel on Monday. I'll try to keep updated via my phone, but expect about a week of downtime on my part once we're past the weekend. I will not be able to make new builds until I receive my replacement CPU, so any urgent bugs requiring an immediate fix needs to be reported before early Sunday evening (UTC+1).

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.1 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2015, 01:21:24 pm »

This comes up fairly often with starter packs, at least on Windows.  Until enough users (of that particular antivirus) explicitly trust the executable, it gets treated as malware.  You can probably exclude-from-scan the parent directory of your DF folders.

Thing is, it's getting nuked right out the gate.  It maybe has only a few milliseconds before the Antivirus finds it and then deletes it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2015, 01:31:59 pm »

Thing is, it's getting nuked right out the gate.  It maybe has only a few milliseconds before the Antivirus finds it and then deletes it.
I've never used Webroot, but I would expect a "disable" switch somewhere that you can use while extracting the pack, then add the file to the exclusion list before re-enabling it. Alternatively, you can probably change the default action taken when it encounters something it (falsely) believes is a threat

Personally, though, I'd probably find myself a different AV program.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2015, 06:34:45 pm »

Turns out the Linux/OSX issue about encoding detection wasn't *actually* fixed, so I'm currently re-building those with a proper fix. They have been re-uploaded as 0.9.1a.

The Windows build is unaffected, so 0.9.1 is still the newest build for that OS.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:53:31 pm by Pidgeot »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.1a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2015, 08:04:52 pm »

An important note for pack maintainers upgrading from an earlier version:  0.9.1 requires a few changes in auxiliary files.

1.  There are new fields in the updates dict of PyLNP.json - make sure you have them, even if blank.  The build can handle a broken json, but doesn't check that a valid file has all the required fields.

2.  The baselines spec has expanded slightly.  For best results, re-download baselines.

I'm also having some strange issues with installing graphics packs, which I think can be traced to the new code to update graphics on modded saves.  More on this soon, hopefully.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.1a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2015, 08:37:43 am »

I'm also having some strange issues with installing graphics packs, which I think can be traced to the new code to update graphics on modded saves.  More on this soon, hopefully.

This should be fixed with 0.9.2, which is now up.

EDIT: Binaries are pulled temporarily pending research of an issue fricy just found. Will upload them once we figure this out.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:49:57 am by Pidgeot »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.2 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2015, 08:16:32 pm »

It took a bit longer than I'd originally hoped, but 0.9.2 is up.

The main new feature is integration of PeridexisErrant's Legend Processor script, as well as several changes and fixes to the graphics and mod systems.

Also, a reminder: I expect to be without a CPU starting tomorrow, so further changes will be somewhat delayed.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.2 - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2015, 08:11:40 am »

Hope you dont mind me asking... I've downloaded your launcher, now what?

So far I've got the launcher to load graphics set by creating a folder called 'LNP' in Downloads, and chucking the graphics stuff into subfolder 'Graphics'.  But when I click Install Graphics, the launcher cant find df 0_40_24, which suggests to me that I'm putting my Dwarf Fortress folder in the wrong location (atm it's in Downloads too)... where should I put it then?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2015, 04:16:31 pm »

So far I've got the launcher to load graphics set by creating a folder called 'LNP' in Downloads, and chucking the graphics stuff into subfolder 'Graphics'.  But when I click Install Graphics, the launcher cant find df 0_40_24, which suggests to me that I'm putting my Dwarf Fortress folder in the wrong location (atm it's in Downloads too)... where should I put it then?

I would getting a complete pack from http://lazynewbpack.com - either to use or to have as an example to build your own. The readme also documents the setup in decent detail, under "customisation" (the last third).
 Donations here.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.2a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2015, 07:45:04 pm »

0.9.2a is up now with a small fix to pack simplification to make it work properly again. Nothing major, but pack authors probably want to re-simplify before releasing a pack, to cut down on disk consumption.

As PeridexisErrant also suggested, if you want to set up your own installation, I recommend using an existing pack as a base, or using the readme as a reference, especially the "Directory structure" section. If you still need help after that, feel free to post more specific questions, but from a general perspective, I'm going to have to point to the readme, because it'd get a bit too long to repeat here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.9.2a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2015, 09:58:40 pm »

0.9.2a is up now with a small fix to pack simplification to make it work properly again. Nothing major, but pack authors probably want to re-simplify before releasing a pack, to cut down on disk consumption.

Before compression, the reduced raw format cut 31 MB (after old simplification) to 14.8 MB for all seven graphics packs.  For mods, which don't have the images, this ratio could be a lot better in many cases.  It's a significant if not massive decrease in filesize to distribute, which means faster downloads.
 Donations here.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2015, 09:38:25 am »

New CPU arrived this morning, and I inmediately installed it.

Just before 11 AM, it crashed again.

I tried turning off the same two features once again... and it crashed again an hout ago.

One thing I have not tried so far was *replacing* my RAM - I've tried each stick individually, without any luck, but I didn't try replacing it. I've ordered some new RAM which I hope will arrive tomorrow, and then I will just have to hope this finally fixes it - the problem seems to happen during I/O, so maybe this isn't something MemTest could catch... but if that also doesn't work, all that's left is the case and a Blu-ray drive...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39