Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 314975 times)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The reason ActiveTcl is relevant at all is that the current UI is made with the Tkinter module - which is just a wrapper around Tk, which is a UI framework running on Tcl. The Pyside/Qt version doesn't use Tkinter, so it's not an issue with that one.

The builds are as standalone as I can make them - I'm not an expert on OS X, so I can't say why PyInstaller doesn't include it directly in the bundle, but looking around, it seems like it's intentional (maybe it would screw up other things?).

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

The builds are as standalone as I can make them - I'm not an expert on OS X, so I can't say why PyInstaller doesn't include it directly in the bundle, but looking around, it seems like it's intentional (maybe it would screw up other things?).
Ok, so it looks like my assumption that TK or pillow was included as a framework was wrong. And that should explain why the .png banner doesn't work when used on factory condition osx.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so it looks like my assumption that TK or pillow was included as a framework was wrong. And that should explain why the .png banner doesn't work when used on factory condition osx.
It *is* including at least parts of both (in the MacOS folder of the .app), but I do not know enough about OSX to say whether or not it can (and should) include more than it is.

Pillow is a separate issue anyway, since that one is all Python - it's not depending on a secondary interpreter like Tk support is.

Dricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something strange happened to the graphics pack install code in the commits after v0.9.5a. This is what my game looks like with Spacefox installed using PyLNP 0.9.5a (click for a larger version):

And this is how it looks with the latest code:

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

We've rearranged some code, but it shouldn't be doing this (obviously...).

I would guess that something has mangled a few references in the graphics raws pointing things at the tileset.  Some relevant code has been moved around, but unless you've been experimenting with mods (not guaranteed to produce or maintain stable raws at this time) I don't know what happened.  Uploading all the raws in question, plus the exact PyLNP commit version, might help narrow it down.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been using r7 of the Starter Pack, combined with the source code in the latest commit in the PyLNP Bitbucket repository. Just the "vanilla" Starter Pack, no mods, so it should be easy to reproduce.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

It might be a good time to improve the coverage of our new logging module...
 Donations here.

KapTaiN_KaVerN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Something strange happened to the graphics pack install code in the commits after v0.9.5a.

I find a poor/quick trick to make r8 of starter pack look normal. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.msg6143114#msg6143114

The problem is show in every tileset i load/change via the r8 launcher, seems like it miss a folder creation location (not sure but in the Raw folder there is no Graphics folder in my r8 freshly donwloaded version
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:24:06 pm by KapTaiN_KaVerN »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PyLNP 0.9.6 is now up. There have been many changes for this version, most notably a fix for the problem where installing a graphics pack would completely fail to work and show the wrong images in-game.

Additionally, a variety of bug fixes have been implemented, and some new functionality: a basic raw checker, and the ability for the user to choose whether or not to merge in graphics when dealing with mods.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Thanks for all of your work on putting a great front end on this game.  I am having some trouble with the mod merging, or more precisely I can't get it to do anything.

I made two really, really tiny mods (here and here) that change the same file just to see what would happen.  Put them under the Mods folder, "simplified" them, and moved them to the top pane for merging.  They both show as green, so I hit "Install Mods" and I get "No mods were merged to install" and none of the raws change.  Even if only one of the mods is put into the top pane.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

None whatsoever - that should work!  Looks like getting comprehensive logging in place moved up my priority list again   :-\

I assume that the files are correct after simplifying, and so on?  Have you tried it without graphics?
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Have you tried it without graphics?
Thanks, I hadn't thought about that, Phoebus probably does touch creature_standard.txt, doesn't it?  Can't try it right now, but I expect that is the entire problem.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Of course nothing is ever simple.  Using the ASCII Default or Phoebus graphics, the first time I move a mod to the top pane it wipes out the temp baseline.  Remove it, add it again, and the temp baseline.has my one little mod in it.  But hitting Install Mods gives a message that there were no mods to merge, and the real raw folder is unchanged.

It looks like an issue with getting stuff from the temp baseline to the raw folder.
Just got back, updating:

Ihana_Mies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm getting flickering screen in game with the r9 version. No flickering with r8. Any idea why is it doing it? I'm running Win 7 64-bit and GTX 560
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:32:00 pm by Ihana_Mies »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try disabling the autoresetgrid script.
Also, you're posting in the wrong thread - this is the thread for the GUI/launcher, not specific packs. There are instructions for disabling the script in recent posts in the thread for PeridexisErrant's pack (I'm on mobile at the moment).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39