Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 316138 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/pull-requests/49/graphics-preview/diff

So it reads the graphics sets from the graphics folder and dynamically renders scenes with them on-the-fly? That sounds like a pretty awesome way to do it. I'm guessing you could have it show any scene you wanted and not just the arena, maybe the user would get a few options on what scene to render?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Eventually I hope so, but it's been stalled for a while.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes they can share a title (though it could confuse users!), and the title need not have anything to do with the folder name.  Any correlations are conventions for ease of use.
(moving this thread over here from CLA's)

From what I can tell, the part of the manifest.json title before the first space has to be exactly the same as the folder name of the graphics pack. If it's not, then it won't update the graphics in the save files.

For example, if the manifest title is "Rally Ho! 16x" then its graphics folder needs to be titled "Rally".

Update: v0.11 and v0.10f are more particular about the names than v0.10e. Version 0.10e doesn't seem to care as much about what folders named.

Update2: This commit is where it changed: c82ef15
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:18:36 am by jecowa »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/pull-requests/49/graphics-preview/diff

So it reads the graphics sets from the graphics folder and dynamically renders scenes with them on-the-fly? That sounds like a pretty awesome way to do it. I'm guessing you could have it show any scene you wanted and not just the arena, maybe the user would get a few options on what scene to render?

In the interest of keeping the code manageable, the data export simple, and the implementation reasonably snappy, the current WIP has some restrictions (namely, only the basic tileset can be used; no TWBT overrides or creature graphics). This, in turn, puts some restrictions on the scene if you want to make the rendering match; the arena is a good sample map for these restrictions since you know there won't be anything unexpected and it shows off a decent array of tiles.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Hi Pidgeot, would it be possible to export the state of the LNP's options to a copy-pastable string that work work across platforms?  It'd likely end up as a long hard-to-read thing like the ?parameters of an ugly URL, but pasting in a specific string would give players an easy way to get to a known state... and pave the way to saving LNP profiles.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At the moment it's already planned to have multiple options in Defaults, which would sort of allow for the whole profile stuff.

A copy pastable string should be possible as part of that, I guess... will keep it in mind for then.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been compiling a spreadsheet to help keep track of what tilesets have granted permission to be included in Lazy Newb Packs and thought this info might be useful for anyone wanting to make a Lazy Newb Pack. Sorry if this isn't the right forum post for this, but it seems close.

TilesetauthorpermissionPermission message / Refusal message / Notes
AfroAfroprobablyHe was never really active, but I imagine he would be okay with it.
AutoReivAutoReivpendingHasn't responded yet, but as a founding member of DFGraphics, I imagine it would be okay.
burnedfxburneddeniedNo. I am not interested. Good luck with your LNP and everything. =]
CLACLAgrantedYes, just keep it the same name when a user chooses, and - if it's practical - include a link to this thread somewhere.
CursesBay 12 Gamesgranted
DuererHaterSkaterpending
Dungeon Setutkonosgrantedyup, sure.
FnordSetPopTartgrantedYeah,Permission granted!
GemSetDragonDePlatino  pendingHasn't responded yet, but as a founding member of DFGraphics, I imagine it would be okay.
GeoduckgeoduckgrantedSure.
Grim Fortress  lightrowprobably fine
Spoiler: "Notes" (click to show/hide)
IronhandIronhandprobably okay  Sure. Just give me credit.
IronhandGoldenShadowgranted I have no problem with that.
Jolly BastionAlexanderOciasgrantedGo right ahead! Let me know if you use it though, I'd love to see what you make!
Krenshalakrenshalagrantedjecowa, i'll message you as well to make sure you see it, but I do not mind at all if you use my tileset.
MaydayMike MaydaygrantedTallcastle (and everyone) - feel free to apply and release any modifications at this point.
MaydayTallcastlegranted
NSMRMax™grantedIf people want to use it, sure
ObsidianObsidian Soulgranted
Phoebus Phoebusgranted
Rally Ho!RydelpendingHasn't responded yet, but his participation in the DFGraphic repo is a good sign that he's okay with it.
Simple MoodRogue Yungranted
Slycecarnivorngrantedngl I'd be thrilled!
SpacefoxSpacefoxgranted
SpacefoxNopalgrantedOf course mate!
TafferTaffergranted
Spoiler: Permission from Taffer (click to show/hide)
TergelCowThingpending
WanderlustKynsmergrantedSure! You have permission to use my set in any way. Credit is appreciated.

Utilities will come next.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:00:01 pm by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Permissions to include Utilities in Lazy Newb Packs:

Utilityauthorpermission status
Armok VisionJapapermission granted
DFHackDFHack teampermission granted
Dwarf TherapistDwarf Therapist team  permission granted
SoundSensezweipending
Text Will Be Text  mifkipermission granted
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:44:41 pm by jecowa »

DAOWAce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been compiling a spreadsheet to help keep track of what tilesets have granted permission to be included in Lazy Newb Packs ...
How about http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152766.0 ?

I actually prefer that set the most.

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, DAOWAce, Dungeon Set is awesome looking. I would love to see this included!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this app change the system path settings for Python? Someone was saying I messed up his Python system paths, which is preventing him from using a livestreaming app.

It looks like this might be the important bit from his traceback:
Code: [Select]
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/operator.so, 2): Symbol not found: _Py_Py3kWarningFlag
  Referenced from: /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/operator.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-a-dfhack/Lazy Mac Pack.app/Contents/MacOS/operator.so

Note that "Lazy Mac Pack.app" = PyLNP v0.11.

Spoiler: "full error message" (click to show/hide)

I can't really understand much of it. I'm using Pidgeot's build of it. Even if it turns out that it's at fault, thanks for providing those, by the way. I haven't been able to get it to compile yet. Sorry if I messed something up. If you feel like looking into it sometime, I'd appreciate it.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PyLNP itself does not touch it, but PyInstaller - the program used to package PyLNP into an .app - does use that to ensure the right things get run. I guess it might have leaked from there somehow.

This seems to have been fixed in PyInstaller 3.0, so I'll try giving an upgrade to PyInstaller another shot. I've been holding off on doing that for a while now, since the 3.x builds haven't seemed to work right on Windows, but if that's still an issue, it might be possible to just do Mac... will try.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

VirusTotal found 5 trojans in a DF mod I'm using, but it turns out it's not from the mod itself. Downloading the LNP standalone results in the same trojans being found. Is this a false positive?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Morgoth:
I think you may actually be asking about this http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0, as PyLNP is one of the tools used by the LNP. The LNP is prone to resulting in false positives from various tools included in the package since a number of tools mess around with another program's (DF) memory, which is a thing malware do as well. Thus, it's probably a false positive, but you have to decide for yourself if you're prepared to take the risk that the positive is real.

yunejae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
pyLNP dont launching
« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2016, 11:22:06 pm »

vanilla DF works well, but clicking pyLNP gives no response

even no error message, it just ignore clicking.  not launching, very sad.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39