Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 316624 times)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.12a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #465 on: September 30, 2016, 06:02:50 pm »

Ah, misunderstood - yes, if it's issues launching PyLNP itself, then it seems likely.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to install three mods that want to edit the same file (entity_default.txt). The top mod on the merged list is green and get installed. But the other two mods below it are white and don't get installed. Edit: Actually the second mod listed gets installed, but its edits to the entity_default.txt aren't included. The bottom mod doesn't get installed at all.

This is the stderr.txt file:
Code: [Select]
Running PyLNP 0.12a (OS: osx, Compiled: True)
WARNING: JSONConfiguration: File PyLNP.json does not exist
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1410, in __call__
  File "python_lnp/tkgui/mods.py", line 180, in add_to_installed
  File "python_lnp/tkgui/mods.py", line 198, in perform_merge
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 154, in merge_all_mods
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 181, in merge_a_mod
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 209, in merge_folder
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 247, in merge_file
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 287, in merge_line_list
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 300, in three_way_merge
IndexError: list index out of range
  File "lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1410, in __call__
  File "python_lnp/tkgui/mods.py", line 180, in add_to_installed
  File "python_lnp/tkgui/mods.py", line 198, in perform_merge
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 154, in merge_all_mods
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 181, in merge_a_mod
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 209, in merge_folder
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 247, in merge_file
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 287, in merge_line_list
  File "python_lnp/core/mods.py", line 300, in three_way_merge
IndexError: list index out of range

By the way, it gives the same error message when trying to only install two mods that want to edit the same file.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:21:05 pm by jecowa »

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the issue described in the resolved issue https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issues/127/pylnp-for-linux-errors-out-trying-to , but there hasn't been a new release since the fix. Is there a work around or do I have to try to compile it myself? I'm only half-assed computer literate.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the issue described in the resolved issue https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issues/127/pylnp-for-linux-errors-out-trying-to , but there hasn't been a new release since the fix. Is there a work around or do I have to try to compile it myself? I'm only half-assed computer literate.

This fix was released in PyLNP v0.12a.

Downloads are here for convenience: https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/downloads

Also, Enay's Linux Lazy Newb Pack includes PyLNP v0.12a: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156011.0

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I misread the date because of my assumptions. I have Enay's latest pack, so maybe I am wrong about it being the same issue? Well the log outputs are very similar and both fail to launch df when dfhack is installed, so I think it is?

ERROR: Unable to read current colors
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in get_colors
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in <genexpr>
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
nohup: ignoring input and appending output to 'nohup.out'
nohup: failed to run command 'gnome-terminal'$'\n': No such file or directory

Note: I use the gnome terminal.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Other people reported an issue with the gnome-terminal: https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issues/132/ubuntu-1404lts-exception-in-tkinter#comment-31226595

The simplest workaround for now is to take xdg-terminal from a previous pack, and set that as a custom terminal launcher (File > Configure Terminal). Just place it in the same folder as the PyLNP executable and then go into that dialog to enter that command (type "xdg-terminal" without the quotes and select "custom" from the dropdown).

I *think* this issue is going to be fixed in 0.12b, but as I didn't have any luck reproducing it for myself, I can't be 100% sure.

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I see, thanks.

I'm not entirely sure why I also have xterm installed, but I do, so I just switched to using it for df and it worked.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Dwarf Therapist only supporting 32-bit builds of Dwarf Fortress, should utility manifests have flags like "needs_64" and "needs_32"? I can't think of any other apps this would matter for, but it would be nice if the versions of apps incompatible with the active Dwarf Fortress installation were hidden.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

With Dwarf Therapist only supporting 32-bit builds of Dwarf Fortress, should utility manifests have flags like "needs_64" and "needs_32"? I can't think of any other apps this would matter for, but it would be nice if the versions of apps incompatible with the active Dwarf Fortress installation were hidden.

Sounds useful - I'd call them "32bit-DF-only" and "64bit-DF-only" to make sure people don't use them for declaring system arch requirements (which are sufficiently complex that I suggest PyLNP not go there in manifests at all).
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe make it all lowercase and replace the hyphens with underscores for consistency with all the other manifest settings?

Or maybe have one key with 3 options?:

"df_bitness": "64",
"df_bitness": "32",
"df_bitness": "any",
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:55:19 pm by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minimum DF directory to launch PyLNP
« Reply #475 on: October 16, 2016, 01:32:20 am »

You only need 4 files in a /DF/ directory to launch PyLNP.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The three inorganic files can all be blank.
The init.txt file needs to have this at a minimum:
[FONT:$]
[BLACK_SPACE:$]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:$]
Was just curious and thought others might be too.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.12a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2016, 09:47:24 pm »

A Linux user on reddit reported an error.

^CERROR: Could not open file df_linux/data/save
  File "<string>", line 12, in <module>
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.lnp", line 126, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00- PYZ.pyz/tkgui.tkgui", line 257, in start
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1121, in mainloop
 KeyboardInterrupt
as for the error:
I'm deviated from Ubuntu, and I"m running i3wm. I had to "fix" nautilus by running
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background show-desktop-icons false
and when I use any of the built ins for file browsing, it goes grey and gives me a really fun stacktrace. Could add on more in a pm if you want.
source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/5a98sh/biweekly_df_questions_thread/d9hjiqj/

Hope this helps.

okamiyasha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I can't open dwarf fortress through the launcher, which causes some issues, for example I can't use Dwarf Therapist. I get an error message in stderr.txt:

Running PyLNP 0.12a (OS: linux, Compiled: True)
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1532, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 52, in run_df
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 93, in run_program
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.terminal", line 31, in get_terminal_command
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found

I have no clue what this means, any help would be much appreciated. (I am running Ubuntu 16.04)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:05:01 am by okamiyasha »
Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Carthage must be destroyed!

Vitor_Goatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, I'm having an issue with colorschemes it seems

ERROR: Unable to read current colors

File "/home/vitor-ia/.dwarffortress-lnp-git/python-lnp/core/colors.py", line 44, in get_colors
    return [tuple(int(x) for x in t) for t in result]

File "/home/vitor-ia/.dwarffortress-lnp-git/python-lnp/core/colors.py", line 44, in <listcomp>

File "/home/vitor-ia/.dwarffortress-lnp-git/python-lnp/core/colors.py", line 44, in <genexpr>

TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'

How do I fix it?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, I'm having an issue with colorschemes it seems
What PyLNP version are you using? If it's earlier than 0.12a, can you try upgrading to that?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39