Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 314985 times)

Vitor_Goatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I got the unnoficial Linux LNP pack that came with all the updated tilesets and utilities, it works now.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I looked at the Linux LNP; that particular issue seems to have been caused by an incomplete colorscheme called Western_Rust. If you have that, remove it from the LNP/Colors folder and the error should go away.

I've improved that error message for the next release (yes, there will be another release at some point).

Lanie

• Bay Watcher
  • A young philosopher playing DF.
    • View Profile

Hello,

its been a long while since i played DF. Last time i played it in a windows environment. Now i use Linux Mint for a bunch of reasons, that are not worth mention anyway. So now i wanted to play again and got the LNP for Linux and encountered some technical difficulties.

My question: Is it okay to ask my question about running DF LNP on Linux right here or is there a proper place for this technical stuff?

Greetings from Germany,
Lanie.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I probably can't help you too much if it's DF itself that's acting up (rather than the launcher), but feel free to ask.

Lanie

• Bay Watcher
  • A young philosopher playing DF.
    • View Profile

Dear Pidgeot (and all other users),

i just solved it. DANG!

Thank you for your kindness anyway. :)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PyLNP 0.12b is now out. This took much far too long, due to a complete lack of time on my part. Sorry about that.

The main improvements are some bug fixes to mod merging and several improvements to terminal spawning on Linux (especially Ubuntu 17.04).

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There appears to have snuck a packaging error into the Windows binary from before. I've fixed this and uploaded a new binary for it.

Since it's been a week since the previous one, I've given this one a new version number, 0.12c.

This version number is *Windows-only*, and contains no code changes - it is purely a change to the binary executable. Linux and OS X should not have this issue with 0.12b, so they have not been uploaded.

armoha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Dear Pidgeot,

I have a same issue as yunejae has.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The problem is, when username is Korean(or containing any non-English characters? I guess), PyLNP does not launch.
I tried 0.11 console version (admin-cmd) but it immediately stopped working and left no message.
Making new user with only English characters, or running PyLNP from source are worked as workarounds.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Dear Pidgeot,

I have a same issue as yunejae has.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The problem is, when username is Korean(or containing any non-English characters? I guess), PyLNP does not launch.
I tried 0.11 console version (admin-cmd) but it immediately stopped working and left no message.
Making new user with only English characters, or running PyLNP from source are worked as workarounds.

Unfortunately this is a known issue, due to using Python 2 in the built PyLNP.  A third workaround is to run from source with Python3; otherwise it's down to waiting for Pidgeot to move to Python 3 for packaging (which is waiting on tooling fixes).
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Zoopy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

EDIT: Figured it out. I ran "sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-ttf2.0-0" in the terminal on someone else's advice, and now I'm up and running.

I am experiencing some issues with the Linux LNP on Ubuntu 16.04. Whenever I hit Play Dwarf Fortress, a terminal window pops up for a split second, goes away and this gets printed to the terminal LNP is running from:

nohup: ignoring input and appending output to 'nohup.out'

Then nothing more. Can anyone potentially help me troubleshoot this. Last time I played DF was on Windows and I'm a total Linux noob.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:32:54 am by Zoopy »

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.12c - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #490 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:34 pm »

I think the Mods tab could use some clarity improvements. I'm trying to install Adventurecraft on top the PE's DF Starter Pack. I've extracted the mod raws under LNP\Mods\Adventurecraft like I should, and it shows up in the mods tab. However, when I click on "Install mods", it tells me that "The selected mods have merge conflicts and should not be installed. Resolve merge issues and try again."

How can there be merge conflicts when I only have one mod selected? Turns out it was conflicting with the tileset (CLA), because the tileset directory contained an unchanged item_tool.txt. After deleting that, PyLNP let me install the mod. Would be a lot easier if it told you what's causing the conflict in the first place.

Jostino

• Bay Watcher
  • dig dig dig in the deepy shadows
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1532, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 52, in run_df
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 93, in run_program
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.terminal", line 38, in get_terminal_command
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found

This error on last version of LNP, i noticed that is trying to open a directory inside "/home/michael" but there is nobody with that name inside my PC, how can I modify that name with the correct one??

Launching directly ./df_linux/df it works, from command line.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:34:06 am by Jostino »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The path with "Michael" in it does not need fixing. It is only displayed in error messages and not used for anything else.

Do you know what PyLNP version you're using? If it's not 0.12c or newer, can you try upgrading?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Jostino

• Bay Watcher
  • dig dig dig in the deepy shadows
    • View Profile

The path with "Michael" in it does not need fixing. It is only displayed in error messages and not used for anything else.

Do you know what PyLNP version you're using? If it's not 0.12c or newer, can you try upgrading?

The version is actually 0.12b
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:46:18 am by Jostino »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The version is actually 0.12b

0.12c is Windows-only; it was a packaging issue specific to that platform and there are no code changes from 0.12b.

Please open File > Configure terminal in PyLNP and make sure you have selected a terminal from the drop-down.

If the only option that appears is "Custom command", then you'll have to provide your own command before you can launch a DFHack-enabled Dwarf Fortress from PyLNP. If you can give me some information about your Linux installation (distribution and desktop environment being the most important data), it may be possible for me to give more detailed instructions (or possibly even add detection for it).
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39