Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching  (Read 275589 times)

Yakefa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, sorry if that's the wrong place to post this question.
I'm using the Lazy Newb pack, trying to install mods.
"Install mods" didn't want to merge anything. I used "simplify mods" instead, and all mods in the list were installed at once.
Those mods are not compatible, and there's no way to remove mods or select only the ones I want.
Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ok I was supposed to use the arrows up and down.
I didn't see them to be honest. Would be clearer if you used "add" and "remove".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:23:57 pm by Yakefa »

faalsnor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #556 on: November 25, 2020, 07:10:55 am »

Hello yall!

Im new to the game and i wanted to start playing it for the first time..

And from what ive gathered its easiest to play this game whilst using the LNP launcher thing. but it crashes on startup.

i have a link to the img of the error  https://imgur.com/a/uR9kBS5

i dont know what to do.. please can someone help me?

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #557 on: November 25, 2020, 07:43:33 am »

The traceback says that PyLNP cannot write or read the config file. I am not really sure how Windows handles permissions and such, but a bit of research shows that Python doesn't have permission to create files in C:\ even when you're running it as admin. If you installed it there, try moving it to your user directory.

faalsnor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 25, 2020, 08:09:38 am »

The traceback says that PyLNP cannot write or read the config file. I am not really sure how Windows handles permissions and such, but a bit of research shows that Python doesn't have permission to create files in C:\ even when you're running it as admin. If you installed it there, try moving it to your user directory.

it was so simple and i could have tried this myself! thank you so much.. it worked.

thank you for helping very stupid people like ! i could kiss you right now!  :-*

Gimli-McGloinFace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

It was working before and all of a sudden has stopped. I'm on ubuntu, I have a traceback error thing pop up but i cant copy  and paste it and I dont know how to put the image in here, also not very computer literate
stderr,txt is:
Running PyLNP 0.14a (OS: linux, Compiled: False)
WARNING: No PIL support available - cannot perform image manipulation
INFO: Read installed graphics (Phoebus) from log

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was working before and all of a sudden has stopped. I'm on ubuntu, I have a traceback error thing pop up but i cant copy  and paste it and I dont know how to put the image in here, also not very computer literate
The usual method is to take a screenshot and upload it to an image hosting website (like imgur), then link it here. stderr.txt doesn't look very relevant, unfortunately.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm on ubuntu, I have a traceback error thing pop up but i cant copy  and paste it
If it's in a terminal then normal ctrl+c won't work to copy text (it sends an interrupt signal instead). You can use either ctrl+shift+c or the right click menu.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe it is a Tk dialog window, which doesn't allow selecting text by default.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]