Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 314952 times)

Yakefa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, sorry if that's the wrong place to post this question.
I'm using the Lazy Newb pack, trying to install mods.
"Install mods" didn't want to merge anything. I used "simplify mods" instead, and all mods in the list were installed at once.
Those mods are not compatible, and there's no way to remove mods or select only the ones I want.
Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ok I was supposed to use the arrows up and down.
I didn't see them to be honest. Would be clearer if you used "add" and "remove".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:23:57 pm by Yakefa »

faalsnor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #556 on: November 25, 2020, 07:10:55 am »

Hello yall!

Im new to the game and i wanted to start playing it for the first time..

And from what ive gathered its easiest to play this game whilst using the LNP launcher thing. but it crashes on startup.

i have a link to the img of the error  https://imgur.com/a/uR9kBS5

i dont know what to do.. please can someone help me?

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14a - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #557 on: November 25, 2020, 07:43:33 am »

The traceback says that PyLNP cannot write or read the config file. I am not really sure how Windows handles permissions and such, but a bit of research shows that Python doesn't have permission to create files in C:\ even when you're running it as admin. If you installed it there, try moving it to your user directory.

faalsnor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 25, 2020, 08:09:38 am »

The traceback says that PyLNP cannot write or read the config file. I am not really sure how Windows handles permissions and such, but a bit of research shows that Python doesn't have permission to create files in C:\ even when you're running it as admin. If you installed it there, try moving it to your user directory.

it was so simple and i could have tried this myself! thank you so much.. it worked.

thank you for helping very stupid people like ! i could kiss you right now!  :-*

Gimli-McGloinFace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

It was working before and all of a sudden has stopped. I'm on ubuntu, I have a traceback error thing pop up but i cant copy  and paste it and I dont know how to put the image in here, also not very computer literate
stderr,txt is:
Running PyLNP 0.14a (OS: linux, Compiled: False)
WARNING: No PIL support available - cannot perform image manipulation
INFO: Read installed graphics (Phoebus) from log

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was working before and all of a sudden has stopped. I'm on ubuntu, I have a traceback error thing pop up but i cant copy  and paste it and I dont know how to put the image in here, also not very computer literate
The usual method is to take a screenshot and upload it to an image hosting website (like imgur), then link it here. stderr.txt doesn't look very relevant, unfortunately.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm on ubuntu, I have a traceback error thing pop up but i cant copy  and paste it
If it's in a terminal then normal ctrl+c won't work to copy text (it sends an interrupt signal instead). You can use either ctrl+shift+c or the right click menu.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe it is a Tk dialog window, which doesn't allow selecting text by default.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14b - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #563 on: September 18, 2022, 06:51:25 am »

PyLNP 0.14b has been released and may be downloaded from the GitHub release page.

The main change is support for upcoming DFHack changes: the init files are moving from the root DF directory to a subfolder dfhack-config/init. See the associated GitHub issue for more details.

Special note for pack maintainers: Please note that the default PyLNP.json has changed! The DFHack history entry in the import section now references a new placeholder directory, `<dfhack_config>`. Make sure you update modified copies of this files as appropriate.

This also ensures mod installation creates any additional subdirectories it needs.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14c - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #564 on: September 26, 2022, 06:11:20 pm »

PyLNP 0.14c has been released and may be downloaded from the GitHub release page.

This fixes some issues with listbox coloring on a system running a dark theme (contributed by TV4Fun), and prevents an error message that was showing when closing the macOS version.

Shwez

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Oh, hello.
    • View Profile

Is there a way to get around this issue? I'm on win7 sp1.

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer." and
"Error loading Python DLL 'c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI70642\python39.dll'. LoadLibrary: The specified module could not be found."

0.14a work fine, but I just assume my system was compatible with the 2 years old app.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, looks like the Python version I'm using to build these days doesn't work with Windows 7. :\

Nothing that you can do on your end, unfortunately, except downloading the source code and Python yourself and running it that way. I'll look into getting it rebuilt with an older version that'll work, but it won't be before the weekend.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Windows build of PyLNP 0.14c has been replaced.

0.14b and 0.14c were built with Python 3.9 on Windows, but unfortunately this means they are not compatible with anything older than Windows 8. That was not intentional.

I have replaced the Windows build of 0.14c with one made with Python 3.8, which should allow PyLNP to run on any Windows version starting with Vista; there are no other changes to the build. I recommend any pack maintainers manually replace this in their packages.

Any future version will use Python 3.8 by default.

Shwez

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Oh, hello.
    • View Profile

Thank you very much. Downloading now.

I tried the source code+Python myself, it worked and I just have to deal with other utilities launching in the same command prompt (or maybe I just don't know how to launch py code without the prompt :P).
And sorry about having to reply my old double post on Peridexis' thread, I didn't know it was specific problem back then.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No worries! I mostly posted over there to make sure Peridexis sees it too. :)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39