Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching  (Read 316254 times)

Shwez

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Oh, hello.
    • View Profile

Something wrong... I got blank command prompt when running DF through the latest PyLNP.

Ketsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, same here.
dfhack = blank screen.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the issue happens *only* when running DFHack from the PyLNP launcher? What happens when you run DF with DFHack outside of the launcher?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What OS are you both using? Can you provide a screenshot?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ketsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the issue happens *only* when running DFHack from the PyLNP launcher? What happens when you run DF with DFHack outside of the launcher?

I confirm the issue only happens with the launcher, clicking on the DF executable launches correctly.

What OS are you both using? Can you provide a screenshot?
I am on windows 10.
SS : https://www.imgpaste.net/image/KejmQN

I also reinstalled in a clean new folder to make sure it wasn't a problem from upgrading over old files and configs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 11:08:04 am by Ketsa »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On Windows, there is no special handling of DFHack when launching - there should be no difference in how the application is launched compared with double-clicking, and the console window is completely controlled by DFHack, so it's something on their end that's going wrong.

Please file a bug report with them; I'm happy to change the launcher if there's something I'm overlooking, but this is not something I'm going to be able to investigate myself.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the console window is completely controlled by DFHack, so it's something on their end that's going wrong.
Please file a bug report with them
I understand where you're coming from, but please don't file a DFHack bug report for this. We've already done our investigation and determined that the issue lies with PyLNP somewhere, and have opened a ticket at https://github.com/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issues/184 (this is for everyone else's reference).

I'm not saying it's PyLNP code at fault - in fact, I don't think it is. But from what we have seen and what is documented in that issue, the old 0.14c Windows build of PyLNP does not exhibit the issue, and the new 0.14c Windows build does. This is independent of the DFHack version - the same DFHack version that launches successfully under the old 0.14c build fails to launch under the new 0.14c, and I believe someone also determined that older DFHack versions also fail under the new 0.14c. So as far as we can tell, the issue has something to with how PyLNP is packaged as of 0.14c. In all cases, DFHack is launching successfully outside of PyLNP.

Believe me, I understand this is not something you have control over or intended to change. From DFHack's perspective, though, we really cannot be expected to support issues that only occur when using a launcher that we don't develop. We have people that are interested in finding a solution, and I am open to making changes on the DFHack side if that is where changes ultimately need to be made. I just don't believe this issue falls under our scope.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PyLNP 0.14d is released for Windows. This build fixes the DFHack issues introduced in the repacked version of 0.14c by repackaging with a different version of PyInstaller

I've increased the version number to make sure the documentation changes get associated with a proper version number, but there are no actual changes to the PyLNP code.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14d - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #578 on: December 02, 2022, 03:11:57 am »

Yo, thanks for putting in like 9 years of dedication into maintaining this Pidgeot  8)
It Dwarfs my original run for sure (pun intended)

We never really talked except in a very short PM almost exactly 9 years ago... I feel guilty about not checking in!

I'm amused that my layout and graphic design have been pretty much maintained through it all. I still have the original asset files btw, though maybe the program could do with an icon update? Would people riot?

I've been tempted to jump in and make some sort of contribution again for the last number of years, let me know if you could use some help somehow...
I'm still not a professional programmer but I've learnt some Python and I still have my crappy photoshop design skills :P
For now... I'll say hi!
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14d - Cross-platform Lazy Newb Pack port with graphics pack patching
« Reply #579 on: December 11, 2022, 06:31:51 pm »

Yo, thanks for putting in like 9 years of dedication into maintaining this Pidgeot  8)
It Dwarfs my original run for sure (pun intended)

We never really talked except in a very short PM almost exactly 9 years ago... I feel guilty about not checking in!

Hello! And yeah, I guess it has been that long, hasn't it? Crazy how time flies...

I'm amused that my layout and graphic design have been pretty much maintained through it all. I still have the original asset files btw, though maybe the program could do with an icon update? Would people riot?

I've been tempted to jump in and make some sort of contribution again for the last number of years, let me know if you could use some help somehow...
I'm still not a professional programmer but I've learnt some Python and I still have my crappy photoshop design skills :P
For now... I'll say hi!

Hey, if it ain't broke...  :D

Help is always welcome if you want to jump in.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2023, 08:48:31 am »

I've made some changes which should hopefully be enough to make this work with version 50.x (50.01-50.05 at time of writing; later versions may require more changes).

However, I don't have the ability to do a ton of testing right now, so I'd appreciate if adventurous people are willing to download and try it out. Feel free to test older versions too; they should still be working, but there's always the risk of subtle bugs popping up.

It should be compatible with the builds from Steam, but you will need to copy it into a folder structure like any other DF version, and there is no attempt to detect Steam itself or the version installed through that. Note that baselines are not available for 50.01-50.03, since these were Steam-only releases, which may impact some functionality; use 50.04 or later for best results.

The build can be downloaded from GitHub. It is Windows-only for now, since DF 50.x is itself Windows-only. This is a pre-release build. Please make sure you test thoroughly before including in any packs.

I would also like to hear suggestions and feedback on whether more interface changes are even relevant for 50.x. Now that there is a proper settings interface in DF itself, a lot of the options that used to be in the launcher may not make a whole lot of sense anymore. Indeed, PyLNP *itself* may not make a ton of sense anymore, especially not if most players are going to be using the Steam version from here on.

Vagabundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP 0.14e-pre1 - Cross-platform launcher with graphics pack patching
« Reply #581 on: January 19, 2023, 07:07:49 am »

I'm trying to run Revised Mod with 47.05, it was made for 47.04, pylnp is giving me Merge Conflicts, but I'm not sure where they are. Is there a way to get the output? The Output log doesn't seem to have the messages.

I'm running this using the Deb on Ubuntu 22.04.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]