Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [r854] Nightmare mode? More like "First time for everything" mode. Also, easy.  (Read 3033 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Like: first time I've had the Elite Liberal Congress amendment go through the first time it's proposed. (38-12!)

First time I've had the CCS pop up before the first presidential election.

First time I've had an Elite Liberal Amendment be proposed at all when 18/22 issues are in the red and the remaining four are purple.

Mind, this is also the first time I've made a point of training an elite squad of disguise-masters and had them breeze into the AM Radio station to smooth-talk their way into the country's hearts and then smooth-talk their way out to do it again tomorrow, for months on end, so that might be part of this.

And the only LCS member who's died was a child worker that I sent out to die selling brownies because I accidentally recruited them and wanted them gone! (The other child worker managed to survive, so now he's my main source of income. IT'S NOT WRONG HE'S HAVING FUN)

Edit: Liberalized in March 2017. 0 kills, 0 kidnappings, 1 martyr, no shots fired although quite a few guns bought. THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE STRATEGY!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:38:21 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah Liberal Crime Squad is pretty easy so long as you avoid that whole crime thing :P

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah Liberal Crime Squad is pretty easy so long as you avoid that whole crime thing :P

Oh, I didn't avoid crime! I just avoided doing crime where I'd get caught for it. I get my leader to recruit six excellently-statted mutants, steal stuff until 200 juice, then waltz into the news station every week or so -- more early on or if it's October -- and make everybody love the LCS. Nobody gets dinged for worse than a hundred or so counts of "disturbing the peace", and while I haven't tested it, I'm pretty sure that 17+ persuasion, an equal charisma, and decent intelligence will get any of them acquitted if they do go to court. But they don't, because their bluff checks are sufficient to fool even the occasional Arch-Conservative they have to pass on their way out.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Liberal Crime Squad is not a difficult game. The ability to protect your founder by having recruits do the dangerous stuff makes it a great deal more forgiving than most roguelikes.

El Practico

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I don't need any of your stinking emotions!
    • View Profile

Evertime I end up with a bunch of limbless faceless freedom fighters waiting for the g
ame to end.
Conservatives, They want guns and stuff.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Evertime I end up with a bunch of limbless faceless freedom fighters waiting for the g
ame to end.

Stop shooting places up so much, then. It's better for your health! :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

It's better to work your way up. Start with harmless crime like breaking and entering for juice, then have sokmebody teach your squads some combat skills. THEN you can start shooting things up (although I'm personally more of a stab-and-slice kind of person).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's better to work your way up. Start with harmless crime like breaking and entering for juice, then have sokmebody teach your squads some combat skills. THEN you can start shooting things up (although I'm personally more of a stab-and-slice kind of person).

If you have the patience, it is better never to advance to the point where you need to use violence, even on nightmare mode.

There is a reason I jokingly call this the Liberal Pacifist Squad.

Mind you, you can use violence you just have to be a bit more low key.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:11:19 pm by Neonivek »

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile

Part of the reason why this game is great is because there are so many different approaches. And what people find easy, challenging, fun or boring is going to be relatively unique to them.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally, I like going in with the Guitar Hero squad, and then letting the conservatives shoot each other.
That way the site visit makes headline news, and my squad remains completely innocent.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: I just made a topic so I can stop crying and whining everywhere.

Also I love the Guitar too. Always wanted to make a Liberal Band Squad but I could never find any other instruments.

You should be able to play music over the air (if you go to the right spot) and make the country Liberal that way. Just like in that movie where Jazz starts to cure the world of Egalitarianism.

Support the "Band Approach" to the game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 03:29:31 pm by Neonivek »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who got slaughtered by the CCS when I tried things like this  ???
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.