Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any Mouse Support Improvements in the works?  (Read 2039 times)

ThoonHulk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Any Mouse Support Improvements in the works?
« on: July 18, 2014, 09:34:06 am »

I got back into DF recently, and have been enjoying all the improvements available in .34.  I decided to move up to .40.x yesterday, but I'm finding it REALLY hard to enjoy without the full mouse support available in the previous version. 

I'm using the LNP, so I've got the basic mouse support for designating areas, and scrolling up and down Z levels, but that seems to be the limit.  No mouse-over to read tiles, no clicking on workshops/tiles, and no horizontal scrolling around the map via click.

Is there any hope of mouse support improving for this version?  Are there any utilities available that I've missed?

Thanks,
ThoonHulk

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any Mouse Support Improvements in the works?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:40:17 am »

I got back into DF recently, and have been enjoying all the improvements available in .34.  I decided to move up to .40.x yesterday, but I'm finding it REALLY hard to enjoy without the full mouse support available in the previous version. 

I'm using the LNP, so I've got the basic mouse support for designating areas, and scrolling up and down Z levels, but that seems to be the limit.  No mouse-over to read tiles, no clicking on workshops/tiles, and no horizontal scrolling around the map via click.

Is there any hope of mouse support improving for this version?  Are there any utilities available that I've missed?

Thanks,
ThoonHulk

Most plugin-authors seem to be working to update their plugins to the latest version. Hopefully they will all be available soon. :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any Mouse Support Improvements in the works?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:40:36 am »

AFAIU, the mouse support was from the DFHack, right? It's 71% ready for 0.40
http://skycoders.no-ip.org:60001/images/progressbar.png