Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you prefer seeing a graphics pack over ascii?

No, I use ascii myself, and don't like graphic packs.
- 13 (26.5%)
No, ascii is natural, but I don't mind graphic packs
- 9 (18.4%)
Neutral option
- 10 (20.4%)
Graphics packs are better for people
- 5 (10.2%)
I use and like graphic packs, ascii is confusing.
- 12 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The Last Fort [FIN]  (Read 16327 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Fort: The [s]Goblins[/s] Elves get Upset
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 06:48:17 pm »

Season 22

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Summer, 1056

Below, the star Ruby monster tears into my livestock, and mutiliates a troglodyte.  Above, I station crossbows to shoot at the treeelf.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While waiting on the elf to die, we watched the star ruby monster duck into our wooden door trap . . . and then get stuck in it.
Amazing!  Its as if he could sense the door!  It must consume him for him to ignore the door right in front of him.  I suppose he is as good as trapped, for now.

---

The Guardsdwarf who was tantruming went insane, and attacked the Captain of the Guard.  Dumb move, and he got what was coming his way.

With the tantruming and the flying star ruby monster taken care of, I mustered the military to eliminate the dwadling elven threat.
they weren't trying to learn about mechanisms, they were playing their own trap!

Damned elves got what they deserved nontheless.

---

We have 19 steel bars.  I have ordered a squad's worth of weaponry, focusing on piercing weaponry.  I have also cued up some copper bolts.

---

Tantrums continue, as news of another beast's presence in the caverns.

And another dwarf went insane, moping around the tombs like a sobbing little baby.
Death is all he talks about, and he even writes little poems on the wall.

---

We have cleaned up most of the corpses from the outside, however we have new things that need killin'.

The humans have grabbed their pitchforks and lain siege!

Earliest reports indicate its a small squad.

---

The bridge closed at the last possible minute, with a lumberdwarf outside.  We actually dismounted the leader, bruising the horse.

---

we mustered cavern-side, and let in the beasts.  The least threatening, and oldest, one was content to sit in our drain water, while the poison gas spewing one enters and engages.  Although I managed to position the meleedwarves behind the marksdwarves, casualties were had.  Several dwarves have rot now, and one vet died in combat.  The gas coating spread to a surviving dog, who spread it to two cats.
Spoiler: Kadol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Besmar (click to show/hide)
Our two top military members were affected, as well as some indistinguished enlisted members.

---

Like Besmar has done before, he is already up and trying to teach again.  He retains the use of his left hand, however is now blind and horribly scarred.  Looking into the hospital records, he stayed long enough to get diagnosed, receive water, and get half his lip removed.  He had already healed the rest of his wounds, apparently.

Autumn has left us under siege from a small human force above and two Monstrosities below.

---

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:46:31 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Fort: Heroes Don't Die like Heroes, They Rot
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »

Season 23

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Autumn, 1056

We have four legends in our midst. 
The legendary cook, engrver, miner, and stone crafter mayor have all achieved greatness withon our fort.

---

The rot from the forgotten beast is spreading from contact.  I have spotted dogs, geese, and cats with rotting body parts.  It seems terminal if left untreated, due to either infection or bloodloss.

---

We need to air the place out, and we cannot while we are under siege.  We have gathered in the Depot room and extended the retracting bridge.
The human were slow and sloppy in their work, like usual.

Our trap was sprung, after much waiting.  The effect was noticable

The rot is spreading.  the rot is spreading!  Military dwarves are dying due to their rot.
The death toll from the beast is rising, faster amoung the animals but noticeable on the dwarven populace.  I have taken care to quarantine myself, for the good of the fort.

A maple artifact was created.  I am debating its use.

---

By the Gods, the doctors are catching the illness now!  I have two out of my four approved doctors resting, both from rotting eyelids, no less . . .
The baron has agreed to take on some extra hospital duties, due mostly to his prior miscellaneous experience as the expedition leader.

Between the human assault and the miasma, moods are low in the hospital and there are simply not enough free hands on deck.

---

Work has begun on the walls of the tomb.  I wish for a nice bauxite red, but schist will suffice for now, due to its proximity to the site.

Work has, however, been stymied by the goblin raiders who followed the caravan.  A quick response has eliminated one band, however another climbs down the mountain to meet the bulk of our squad.  They forced me to recall the workers, however, so I suppose their fear-tactics have worked for now.

Our frames have left us, and time is very slow indeed with all the rotting and waterfalling.  A stressful season
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 07:27:27 pm »

Season 24

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Winter, 1056

Another casualty to the Rot
The Rot itself doesn't kill anyone, but rather it lets vicious secondary infections in.  We have never seen some of the diseases; or else they are very rare for a stout and healthy dwarf.  This is troublesome, and I have ordered a new hole in the aquifer dug, so that we might cleanse the hospital.

As a precautionary, I have ordered the most heavily affected areas floored over, to hide the poison Rot.  It works well enough, but items are another isssue, I'm afraid.  We just don't know how potent the Rot is.

---

Terrible news.  The aquifer was lower by the hospital than we anticipated.  Unknown to me, we irreversibly pierced the aquifer with no contingency to save the hospital.  Only the doors of the hospital save the fort from ruin.  The rot is cleansed from the hospital, but at a cost.  Those too badly injured to be moved have been abandoned, three dwarves.  One of them, the hunter from the starting seven, has drowned.  Gods save us, we were unable to save them . . .  This Rot is to blame.

---

We added walls to the statue garden recently, to prevent liaisons from attacking our guests, however they seem to have proved inadequate.  Our liaison has died attacking a chained up bugbat, the fool.  We were unable to get any news from him, although the caravan did trade several thousand urists worth of goods with us.
Shem hasn't warmed up to us yet, but he is as good as any long-term trading partner can be.

---

We have sealed off the hospital for good today, furniture, bodies, and all. We will never be able to step foot in their again . . .
Rest well, Geshud.

---

A Forgotten Monstrosity has appeared in our local area.  Apparently they are drawn to us.  Why, I wonder?  Maybe we disturbed the caves, and they come to investigate or destroy the intruder.  Perhaps the smell us, or the vast world outside?  Or do they just rage against those not like them?

Our other two surviving guests are still busy reclining by our gates, and I have decided that we must free the caverns from their tyranny.

---

Our battle with the beast has gone well enough.  Star Ruby monster was slain in front of the door he so coveted, chopped off at the head

Our new uninvited guest was slain as he attacked a furnace worker, a squad of three responding to his advances.

And the terrible beast feeding on our waste water proved to be the most irksome of all, webbing our dwarves and succumbing only after slaughtering three pet cats and mortally wounding a warrior.  We only succeeded because he was unable to web us all at once once we surrounded him.

Naked mole rats, who came to feast on our dead animals, had to also be driven off, and that distasteful task was much more annoying to coordinate, as they seemed to lack the will to fight.
The cavern is ours again, for now.

---

Journal, the infection is still spreading.  It seems to rot the bodies of the beasts and men.  Never the lungs or internal organs, but rather the outside, where external pressures vie to upset the body's balance.  The lucky die in combat, like the dogs.  Those unlucky enough to be too skilled in battle to die easily are doomed to a slower death.  The ones I most pity, though, are the animals and people who catch it as it spreads.  Its a virus, a plague, and its consuming our bodies to rot the mind.
It continues to affect the beasts, from unknown sources.  What can I do?  Our fort was so well contained before the accursed Rot arrived.  We have been only moderately successful in identifying warning symptoms before madness or death sets in.

---

A miner created a granite grate.  Furniture is infinitely preferable to all trinkets and most weapons, to be honest.  Better still, this artifact has history on it, however bland it may be.  Praises are in order, and engravings may now flow.  However, we will make sure we smooth the proper areas first.

---

I checked our cages today, and one zombie is unaccounted for.
  The cage that was set up as a trap for the 'Ghost-friend' is empty.  We don't know where the creature inside went, but we can only conclude it was slain with the rest of the zombies.  A mystery, but given the nature of the undead I would imagine one that is already resolved.
I don't remember telling anyone to kill a lone zombie goblin recently . . . Am I infected too?

---

An ambush!  Merlocks have returned to wreck havoc upon us.  Catching both a pleb and a loomworker outside, the squad split up to attack both.  Which is good, as both got inside safely and their bowsquad was rendered weakened, and open to an assault by us.

Our Captain of the Guard was unfortunately mortally wounded.

Mappy
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:08:45 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 08:16:13 pm »

Oh my. That kitten rot can really end this fortress. Maybe some kind of mist generator can cleanse it from passing creatures and their items.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 09:20:25 pm »

Mist doesn't actually cleanse the rot. If you want to prevent its further spread, I recommend dwarven bathtubs at strategic points and selectively purging sections of the fort with massive floods that drain the contaminant away or magma to burn it out.

Another solution would be to dig out a whole new living quarters (rooms + farms + organics processing) and make the only access a dwarven bathtub. Don't allow any currently infected individuals through; quarantine the healthy in their new Bastion and wait until purging the other fort is truly possible.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 04:25:04 am »

Aye, but it cleans away the contaminant, stopping the spread of the disease. At least I assume it spreads by contaminated creatures and items being touched, not by contact with a cleaned but infected creature.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 05:44:48 am »

Mist does not remove contaminants. It just generates a happy thought.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 12:04:02 pm »

Some Thoughts Year 05:

-You ever post a survey you come to slightly regret?  :P  I don't particularly want to change to a tileset, but I've put the darn thing up and the results are borderline clear.  Ill look into it, but I hope nobody expects me to break my computer to get it to work.  Most likely phoebus.

-The rot isnt as bad as it could be, and I was able to mostly limit its spread.  building floors on infected tiles erases the liquid, and the hospital was a giant contaminant.  Dwarves would wash off splatterings of the extract and leave behind pools that anything that stepped in it would catch.  Its mostly military deaths and animals, both of which suck but aren't causing spirals.  My dwarves have no friends because I have a gazillion meeting locations and kept hauling jobs turned on for most of them.

-The tomb is going, I guess.

-Its time to retire the blind militia commander, I think.  He lost a foot somewhere and now carries his axe, shield, and crutch around in one hand.  If he loses that hand he'll be useless to most professions, a blind, slow, and ugly little man.

-A trench is a good idea, Part of this fort has been letting in the Fun.

---

-Also:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101313.0
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:06:54 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2014, 02:36:24 pm »

Okay.  I dont think its right . . .

Spoiler: Flooded Hospital level (click to show/hide)

And the Map:
GP Map
Compare that to the one here, which I took last season:
Default Map

Ill keep trying, but the next seasons might just be ascii

---
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:22:43 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2014, 09:44:56 pm »

Season 25

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Spring, 1057

The hospital sent me an urgent report concerning the wounded.  The Rot has, in one victim, taken away what we hold dearest:
Gods, I cannot bring myself to speak the ailment he suffers from.  The new outpost liaison must here of this.

---

The baron has requested a green glass box.  Not a huge problem, except we have no infrastructure for that industry, nor any plans to start making them.  I told him that I would build the workshop if he would smelt his own box.  This sent him into a tantrum, but a letter arrived on my desk later, telling me that he had requisitioned the space I offered him.

Well, I will have to consider starting it up, I guess.  When we strike magma.  Its entirely too expensive and just not worth it given our access to stone.  And marble, at that.

---

Random trails of blood have been found topside.  No doubt a skulking beast, driven away by his sloppy sneaking.

Below, the farms have accepted plump helmets!  Praise be to the God of Muck!  I can only hope pig tails will follow.

This news aside, we have started engraving, to test the skill of our three primary engravers.  The results are mostly quite positive, and the baron demanded we engrave his room first.  A sampling of the work is below.

The legendary engraver has produced several masterwork level pictures.  This will hopefully keep the baron happy.

---

I have decided to re-organize the military.  Several squads are threadbare, and their rankings are off.  The old squads have been surveyed and reorganized.  I have included a summary here for my own records.

The survey I gave to the rest of the fort also included a question on how content they were.  the results are included here as well:
Most seem to approve of making distinguished officers Captains, even if they don't seem to know them by sight.

I have also instituted a policy, all rotted animals will be slaughtered.  Pets with the Rot will be chained up as sentinels.  We will beat this disease.

---

To honor the memory of the hospital, we have decide to erect a floodgate in the central hall.  A through examination of the hall revealed a puddle of Rot, however, so we opted instead to install the artifact grate.  The effect should still be the same, and function will always trump form in a true dwarven hall.

---

Construction on the new cistern that will service both the mason's dorms and the hospital  has begun.  It will sit with our main cistern, and funnel the water down as needed.

A siege!  The goblin general herself has arrived with a mighty force.  there were several ogre squads and many lashers, speargobs, and bowgobs.
I have shut the gates and recalled our military, who were about to explore that second chasm under the caverns.

---

The goblins have found our trap spiral trap, which was baited with a stray duck.

They also found the weapon traps I had placed by the trade depot.  One squad of bowmen has been routed.

---

The cistern was popped, and with three doors guarding our fort I forsee no issues keeping the water out.

When summer arrived, we were preparing a second expedition to the second cavern.  Somebody told me they smelled magma crabs down there . . .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:47:08 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Fort: Unconventional Warfare means Everybody Loses
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2014, 05:56:58 pm »

Season 26

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Summer, 1057

Exploration reports bring news of a magma pipe that extends to the bottom of the world.  Reports followed soon after of a vast ocean of magma and a what appears to be a pillar of some kind.  I have consulted with both the fort engineer and geologist and come to the conclusion that while it was apparently feasible to make a rushed tunnel to the material, we would wait and set up a proper forge first.  Plans for such an industry are being laid out now.

---

Back topside, I released a second tomb of zombies, after carefully ensuring no necromancers remained within to bother us.  The zombies wiped up the rest of the siege and a squad of soldiers wiped up the surviving zombies.  We even managed to keep a few zombies locked up.
The goblins are mess in life, and just as messy in death  There were hands and feet and even whole limbs scattered across the field of battle in the most curious of fashions.  If a necromancer were to find it all . . . Well, we'd kill him too.

---

Good news, we have confirmed today that the general of the Goblin State 'The Sands of Dread' has been eliminated two days prior.  A silver mace was found occupying the space one would expect her forehead to be.

---

two ogres were found today, hiding in an otherwise silent tomb.  They busted down the door, it seems, and our dwarves tried to scavenge the loot inside.  I ordered the mechanic responsible for the incursion and gave him a stern piece of my mind.  I wonder, sometimes, if we all aren't only as intelligent as an ogre?
The ogres were dispatched with minimal difficulty by our military, despite the narrow hallways and the fight spilling into forbidden grounds.

---

A series of loud thunking noises from the flooded hospital has been spooking the workers.  Our experts surmise that the ghost of one of the departed was moving around a wooden object of considerable size, apparently in a fit of listlessness.  I have ordered several slabs to be engraved, and several more produced.

Our hammerer has taken a liking to the new artifact produced by one of our very own fortress born children.  A giant Coati bone warhammer, lightweight and superbly decorated, I have assigned it to him as a personal tool.
May he deliver the Justice our monarch demands.  May our monarch send us another liaison, for that matter . . .

---

Another Monstrosity of the Deep has arrived!  We spotted it spewing fire at a giant spider, and withdrew all forces inside.  If it cannot fly we may not have to face it, and if it can we will do it with the new decontamination trench preped.

As I mustered our forces cavernside an ambush sprang above!  Curse them!  They were too close the Depot entrance to ignore them.  I sent all forces topside and prayed the beast would attack our doors, or our guests before it came unto us.

---

3 are dead, 2 more wounded.  The goblins were fierce in their fight, and we did not even get the chance to kill them all.  Some escaped triumphant.

Below, the Forgotten beast blasted a kitten, but ignored the much more horrifying goblin and ogre guests.  Although the fire from the kitten corpse spread fast.
The whole area was set ablaze, and most of our light fortification fell into ruin.

The ogre, on the other hand, proved much sturdier, and once his rope weakened he broke free and tried to exact his revenge.

What a sight it must have been,  Blood spraying from his shoulders, oozing out of his ear, and his eyes melting from their sockets as he charged at the Forgotten beast, who was actually surprised by the assault, as it was occupied by the wooden door in front of it.
Alas, the predictable happened and the ogre was unable to close before getting mobbed with fire cloud spam.

---

Another goblin ambush, this one entirely destroyed by the spiral trap.  I have ordered a warhammer trap installed in addition to its pike trap.

I have begun planning for the Kadol/Besmar babymaking.  When his room is stockpiled, I will station them inside and close the door shut behind them.  They will  not be allowed out until spores are flying.  For the good of the fortress, these two must procreate!

---

In anticipation of another necormancer siege, I have prepped a special containment area, for the recycling of zombies.  Not even the other dwarves know of this yet, so I have no hard evidence to provide you.

---

Video overview of the units
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:48:11 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »

Season 27

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Autumn, 1057

We began experimenting with safety glass for our animal sentinels.  A two-story animal pen, surfaced with green glass windows.  The idea is a permanent sentinel with no maintenance, not to save their lives.

---

Our waterfall has overflooded.  Both on the pasture level and Central Hall.

Flooding has upset the fort, although several dwarves received baths.

---

A minotaur!  We recalled the haulers and masons.

However, such precautions proved unnesscessary.  The minotaur was apparently only after some loose goblin flesh stuck in the spiral trap.

He stayed there, unseen by most haulers and away from the traps, so I let him hang out while the haulers got back to work.

---

The flooding has stopped, athough puddles and guts still lie around all over the place, washed off from both the wounded civilians and industrious off-duty military.

Take this poor dwarf, for example.  A rotted foot and a pierced lung, and still refuses to go to the doctor's.

And our very own lady miner, with a fractured shoulder hand, refusing to go lie down despite being unable to grasp.  we don't need the dwarf-power that bad, guys, we have over 100 dwarves again, and have capacity for 200.

---

Ah, an ambush.  Not unexpected, however I had released all military except the on duty Hinfantry/Adriti Bravo squads.  We mustered after them, but we lost two civilians on the way.
A third managed to hide in an empty tomb, which he smartly locked behind him.

By the time we wiped up the goblins, the minotaur had remembered himself and attacked a civie and a miner, killing them dead.

---

Is it already the 7th of Moonstone?  Autumn, the caravan, and the liaison have arrived.

---

*I may not be posting a season every day any longer.  Between my own personal situation and my schoolworks, I am sometimes very pressed to produce this.  And this is with lessen obligations placed upon me.  I would still like to complete a year a week, at least, though.*
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:00:04 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 08:28:16 pm »

*A twofer!*
Season 28

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Winter, 1057

The dead civilians turned out to be masons, all of them.  My original mason was not amoung the dead, however while building a hatch he tripped down the ramp and shattered his shoulder, sending him to the hospital and reducing us to one functioning full time mason.  Seabees are trained in masonry for emergencies, but they are usually too busy to perform the mundane tasks a mason does.  This will set us back on both coffins and mechanisms.  And we still need many, many coffins.

---

Our trader got the short end of the stick in this year's deals, as miasma stunk up the Depot.  The dwarves should understand, to be honest.  We had to kill that kobold to protect their goods.  The rascal was making off with a loincloth of moderate value.

For our part, we traded thirty-five thousand bucks worth of goods for a smidgen less than thirty.  Our mighty stack of 150 forgotten beast tallow biscuits carried their weight, worth twenty-eight thousand and some odd.  The mountainhome did not adequately fulfill our requests for wood, steel, or leather.  Disappointing.

---

Resulting from the deaths of the masons, a loomworker died of thirst due to wounds and a hinfantry went insane, babbling about two clothes and yak bones.

7 deaths we could have avoided, five civilians and two military personnel.  Their loss is felt by all.

---

The chained up bugbat in the meeting hall and dog congregation room gave birth to feral young.  This wasnt an issue until they attacked our stray giant olm, upon which I ordered their destruction.  An entertaining diversion, however I have to wonder why the war dogs didnt shred the things as they popped out the mother.
Also noting how the liaison died trying to kill the giant sparrow we have chained up.  This is becoming a pattern, isnt it?
---

A legendary green glass grate was crafted by one of our children.  That makes two grates for our use.

---

Hedge knights have come to lay siege upon us.  Its only one solid group, however they seem united and all are mounted with hardy-looking steeds.  I have recalled all our personnel, and we focus on inside organization.  With the Forgotten Beast occupied with the wooden door we can freely collect wood cavernside, and still have our forges to construct and fill . . .

---

We have assigned the doctors and their spouses special rooms by the new hospital, to keep them closer to home.  This was welcomed by them, as the rooms are quite large.

And we popped the magma pipe today, which cost us the life of  miner.  Worse, I think we completely botched the mechanics of it, and the magma did not rise as we assumed.  Not a huge issue, we will pump it where it needs be.
We did find a second strange pillar, my own chagrin.

Mappy, has the magma sea included, so mind your zlevels and potential spoilers.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:57:47 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »

Season 29

Excerpts from:
Journal of the Overseer
  Spring, 1058

I ordered the necessary improvisations to the forge and turned towards my military.  We have our first seabee hero:
Amazing how he holds a sword, a crossbow, and reloads with one hand, but somehow he gets it done.  He will be awarded the title of militia captain.

---

Due to the overzealous reactions of our diplomats, I have ordered all current guests executed.  We will chain future guests in the jail and the prisoners in the meeting hall.  Perhaps that will keep them alive.  When the order was given, our hammerer got knocked out by a troglodyte and our Hinfantry Bravo displayed their cruel nature to the public, brutally torturing a human before kicking his skull in.
They . . . they blinded him, and then shredded his feet before finally ending his pain.

---

A child died of thirst, for some reason.  Possible foul play is being investigated.

Theft is also being investigated, since we are on the matter of crime.  A superior battle axe.

---

We finished the improvisations to the forge area.  Its moved down one level, and now has an iron pump.  Its not the most safe device, but I hope it works.

---

A were beast has been reported assaulting the besiegers, who have broken up into two groups.  It seemed unable to dismount and injure the knight, however the knight had problems destroying the were-creature.

While this transpired, a necromancer defiled the dead knights and their mounts, which presented us with a chance to strike.

The knights were unprepared for the brutality of the undead horse.

---

We lowered the trading bridge and assaulted the knights as they were finishing the undead.  It worked well, although we have a few wounded we need to recover.

There is one more group of knights, and construction of the forge is delayed for the sake of convenience.
However, we have already begun deconstruction of the topside forges, and will use the room as storage and soaping.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:04:54 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 03:02:29 pm »

One suggestion: dig and expand on the ground level making a grand hall fit for the badasses those dwarves are.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7