Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you prefer seeing a graphics pack over ascii?

No, I use ascii myself, and don't like graphic packs.
- 13 (26.5%)
No, ascii is natural, but I don't mind graphic packs
- 9 (18.4%)
Neutral option
- 10 (20.4%)
Graphics packs are better for people
- 5 (10.2%)
I use and like graphic packs, ascii is confusing.
- 12 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The Last Fort [FIN]  (Read 16335 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Fort: Don't be Mad at Me: The story of Elven Incompetence [FIN]
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2014, 01:18:18 pm »

Don't be Mad at Me: The story of Elven Incompetence: 002

After a brief address, I attacked a wrestler who was unloading and sorting a bag.  We danced around for a bit while my hammerman friend ran off screaming about imminent death.  The wrestler was unarmed, and thus easy to dodge.  My wooden spear proved ineffective against the bandit, however, and I was forced to biting his neck first.  a bite a shake later and I was attacking the leader.  The leader was more properly equipped, with a copper hammer.  I cursed him to weaken his resolve (4x weaker to wood.  Makes no true difference unless you have high skill/a hammer/naked target), and a lucky shot on his lower arms forced him to the ground.

With my target dead and my companion run off, I loot the bags.  I took some steel leggings, and found a third wrestler hiding in tree.  Did he think he could hide from an elf in a tree?

Chasing him up the tree, I fight him to a mortal lung-wound.  He flees faster than I can go, and I pursue him.  In the evil hill to the west, we fight for a while.  I grow too tired, however, and swim to safety.  The human takes the time to flee once more.

Our third encounter ended just as inconclusively.  I was forced into a retreat with a lung wound, and as the Sun sank down over the horizon I climbed a tree over the camp and slept.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

And thus we have one count of incompetence so far . . .
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:25:04 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2014, 01:37:27 pm »

Don't be Mad at Me: The story of Elven Incompetence: 003

Reporting my successful cleansing of the bandit leader, I then heard rumor of a Merlock bandit leader who was terrorizing a far away human town.  A human traveler visiting our fair tree reported that ever since the goblins came into nobility in the town of PortentScraped, banditry has been rampant, and stories of terror have spread.

Traveling alone northward to the town, I encounter nothing of note until the nightfall.  Climbing a tree to the highest and most isolated branch I settle in for the night.  I awoke a short while later more out of my elven intuition than anything else

Although I tried to fight back, it was clear it was only a matter of time until I was defeated.  With a muster of courage I gathered myself and jumped.
I jumped.  Falling rapidly towards the ground, I land in the brook below and crawl into the center of it.  The bogeymen disappeared as I crossed the midway point.  I slept peacefully for the rest of the night after.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »

Don't be Mad at Me: The story of Elven Incompetence: 004

My fortune aside, I arrived in the town of PortentScraped.  On my way to the keep I passed by the church.  Seemed like a place to check out.

I did not find the clergy anywhere, but did find a pool.  One could only imagine . . .
Exploring the tomb structure, I found not only the master criminal, but also the lord consort and his body guard.  What were they doing down here . . .

Exploring further, I heard a noise behind me.  I an unsure what it was, but it seemed an aimless shuffling rather than determined intelligence . . .  It didnt concern me, I suppose.

Gathering the improved armor, sans the tortured animal products, I traded the lord consort an iron boat for some silk trousers.  He seemed happy ptbptbing his boat around without pants, and being a goblin was generally inoffensive to my eyes.

The bandit chief was a bit more adult.  He accepted a steel toy hammer for his copper axe.  The merlock bandit chief was happy pretending to be a legendary dwarven weaponsmith.  A sense of despair crept over me watching two powerful and influential leaders playing with toys found in a tomb,  but as an elf I knew I had years to fix this problem.

Going back to find out what that unknown noise from earlier was, I found that the catacombs extended over an evil biome, and the land was cursing the bodies back to unlife.  I dare not explore past them, and instead pick a fight with the now disarmed merlock bandit chief.

The goblin noble told his bodyguard to stay out of the fight, an they watched us struggle and jump about.  My lack of a serious weapon caused me to be unable to gain the upper hand, and his lack of skill in toy-hammering ensured it was a test of endurance.  When I grew tired, I would jump away and rest, but the process was too slow.  I lead the merlock into the lower-left floor-hatch where the zombies were.  I counted three zombies, plus the neck and head I threw into the hill biome to test it.

While I finished catching my breath, the zombies followed the slower merlock to the right while I ran jumped north.  The noised that followed seemed to suggest that the bodyguard and lord consort were also involved somehow in the resulting fight.

Spoiler: Log (click to show/hide)

---

Do I file that under incompetence or ingenuity?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:29:25 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2014, 02:50:14 pm »

Don't be Mad at Me: The story of Elven Incompetence: 005

As the commotion calmed, I was sure he was dead.  I heard more commotion, from the northeast this time.  Not sure what it could be, perhaps the consort smartened up?  Now to catch my breath and sneak past them zombies . . .

A zombie head was in my way, and I had to jump over it.

I crept to the body and took back my toy hammer.  And then some noise up north rouses the zombies into movement.  Force, time to hide or flee?

It was the lord consort, running back to us!  The fool!  He is intercepted by a human skeleton I didnt realize still lurked below, he was incapacitated after  rather strong show of boatsmanship.  I rush to his aid, with poor results
Time to Flee!  The noble is dead and I fear I will be blamed for this.

---

Is that incompetence number 03?
Also note that the 'curse to be weaker to wood' only works on living things.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:55:11 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2014, 03:06:20 pm »

Don't be Mad at Me: The story of Elven Incompetence: 006

Flight saw me jumping away from the Zombie and antagonizing a zombie and a zombie head in a pool.  I was faster than them, but I was unable to prevent them from following me topside.
   -opps-

At least two zombies were already on top, one entering a shop and one killing cats on the lawn of the church.  Did I just trigger the apocalypse?

Running into the first shop I see (the south) two humans draw blades and help me subdue the closest zombie, at the cost of a life.

Thanking the survivor and bragging of my non-kills, I go to another shop to see a second zombie playing in some trinkets.  Darn, Im fleeing.  The dead cat outside should have been a hint

Inside  third building I found the town's commander, a goblin pikeman whom I had pleasant conversation with

However, when I tried to leave the zombie who was in the shop next door confronted us

---
so Ive failed to kill people, fallen out of trees, used zombies to kill neutral nobles, and unleashed a few on a town, so far.
PKs DF Mod!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »

There should have been a sign on that door: DONT OPEN DEAD INSIDE  ;)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »

Don't be Mad at Me: The story of Elven Incompetence: 006

'Don't worry, goblin, I've got your back!', I chime in.

Together, we stabbed the zombie over, and over, and over, but eventually our wounds piled up.  I took a nasty hit to my arm, and the goblin took a hit to the brain.  Thats two nobles dead from my endeavor, plus 5 cats and at least another 1 peasant.  I havent accounted for the consort's body guard. . .  I flee to the next building, and we fight the monster anew.

During the fight, one of the humans flees, while the second identifies himself as a priest, whips out his dagger and starts blaspheming the monster, spewing forth a mixture of insults and his divine scriptures as he became progressively more enraged.  With his might, he was able to smite the beast while I continually poked it with my wooden spear.  Hey, Im not doing much damage, but at least Im gaining a lot of skill with it ::)

Stepping outside once more, it begins to rain and I begin to contemplate how responsible I am to help clean up . . .  There is at least one more zombie out there, and an animated head.  I could leave, or I could hunt them down . . .

---

<3 the priest.  And my own incompetence.

And so my story continues, but facts after this aren't written in stone yet (this is a current adventurer of mine).

Also, Reading over some of the dialog with the now dead commander I see one of the zombies is a hero :/
Spoiler: DancedHelp (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:21:45 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2014, 03:23:55 pm »

There should have been a sign on that door: DONT OPEN DEAD INSIDE  ;)
Aye.  Im having too much fun with this character.  This elf is an interesting mix of pathetic mixed with my own abuse of game mechanics.

---
Ill update that story if more hi-jinks, but otherwise Ill consider this bit dead.

I finished the elf, killing a gang of bandits and retiring as the Elven Priestess' Hand.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:36:40 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]