Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tap Gate and Drop-In Walls  (Read 806 times)

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tap Gate and Drop-In Walls
« on: August 06, 2014, 09:57:13 pm »

A special floodgate that is built into an existing wall so you can safely tap into fluids on the other side and a wall that can be built from above simplifying dealing with piercing aquifers.

Waparius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tap Gate and Drop-In Walls
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »

I think you can already do something like your tap-gate idea by carving fortifications (with a door behind it), but I could be wrong there since I've only used the trick on brooks and rivers.

Building walls from above are likely going to be handled when moving constructions comes in, along with similar suggestions (Caissons and so on) for building in lakes, rivers and the ocean. Presumably it'll also help a lot with aquifers.

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:19:44 am »

I think you can already do something like your tap-gate idea by carving fortifications (with a door behind it), but I could be wrong there since I've only used the trick on brooks and rivers.

Building walls from above are likely going to be handled when moving constructions comes in, along with similar suggestions (Caissons and so on) for building in lakes, rivers and the ocean. Presumably it'll also help a lot with aquifers.

Yeah but the moment you carve the fortification it begins to flood. The tap gate's initial state is closed so you would need to link it to a lever or trigger of some sort to open it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:46:23 am »

It might be interesting if we could carve anything sensible from a valid wall. Here, Agent_Irons suggested being able to turn an ice block (with a creature frozen inside) into a cage.

Beds, other furniture, doors and hatches, supports, screw pumps (provided other components), statues, possibly some workshops, etc.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?