Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Rubble 6.16 - DF 40.24 - Final 40.x Rubble version.  (Read 61839 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Rubble 5.2 - Still on DF 40.13 (bug fixes and some other improvements)!
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 12:47:15 pm »

5.2 is up (finally)!

I did some more last minute work, including some fairly big bug fixes for saurians (no more five pairs of gloves and shoes...)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Stiefel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2014, 06:35:15 pm »

This tutorial is impossible to read. Someone please reformat it.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2014, 04:50:23 pm »

This tutorial is impossible to read. Someone please reformat it.
Any idea or proposal about a better tutorial will be considered, you and everybody else interested are invited to offer whatever help or collaboration you can aford.
The Dwarf Fortress community needs every positive contribution, so become involved as soon as possible, you can learn new things, teach some of these to others and generally enjoy the discovery of people, funny DF facts or epic narratives...
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

infiniteunrest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2014, 12:36:07 pm »

This looks great but I'm really struggling on my Mac.

1. Firstly, you say that there's OSX binaries available. But I only see folders named Darwin and Linux. Is OSX Darwin? If so, would it make more sense to call it that? Or say that somewhere?

2. OSX doesn't allow you to name a file starting with . so ./other/webUI/browser isn't a viable name. Also, a script would be really helpful. As I've not gotten it to work yet, I don't know if it's viable but presumably:

#!/bin/bash
open -a "Safari"

3.  When I run Darwin, presuming this is my option I get this error:

Error: open ./addons/addonlist.ini: permission denied
logout

Any help much appreciated. You have so much worthwhile content, it's a shame not to help make it more accessible.

Infinite

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2014, 04:12:36 pm »

@infiniteunrest

Darwin is OSX, I have no idea where the term comes from, but when I compile for OSX I have to say "darwin 386" as the OS/Arch pair, so it just comes out thst way... I could change it I guess.

"." means "the current directory" (it's a command line thing), in this case it means the rubble directory or the directory Rubble is started from.

That shell script looks mostly right, but you need to put some code in there to allow the web UI to pass the server address to the browser, I have no idea how that is done on Linux/OSX, sorry. To put it simply you need to pass whatever arguments the script recives straight through to the browser.

The error in question means that Rubble cannot find your addons directory and/or it is not readable, I really know nothing about OSX so I can't help much, sorry. Try making sure it has permission to read/write to the directory in question and make sure the "current working directory" (where you started Rubble, eg what "." points to) is the same directory that contains the rubble binary (you will have to move the OSX binaries to the same directory the windows binaries were in).
If you had posted the full error logs (like the readme requests) I would be able to tell you if the error was caused by trying to read a non-existent file or trying to write to a location where you lack permissions.

@Stiefel
Yes, some of the tutorials suck, sorry. Do you have some suggestions?
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 01:31:03 pm »

I *was* going to upload 5.3 today, but DFFD won't cooperate...

5.3 has a few important bug fixes for Linux users (I messed up file permissions for output files), but I guess you'll have to wait a little while for those (sorry).

Other than the Linux fixes nothing too important was included, but we'll see what happens before next time I get to a library...

I was also using port 1010 as the default, apparently ports below 1024 are privileged, who knew?
Linux users who want to use the web UI can use `rubble_web -addr="127.0.0.1:5050"` for now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Rubble 5.3 - Still on DF 40.13 (Linux bug fixes and minecart stuff)!
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2014, 05:10:45 pm »

5.3 is up!

This version fixes several bugs that stopped the Linux version from working, plus I added several new addons.

The coolest new addons are "User/DFHack/Cart Loader" and "User/DFHack/Cart Launcher". These addons make completely automatic minecart routes possible by making no-dwarf cart loading a possibility.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2014, 08:52:16 pm »

Here's a 40.14 base addon
Do you mind me posting these?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2014, 05:56:00 pm »

Go ahead! (as long as they work, I haven't tested any of them)

But my official one is going up right now :p

5.4 is now up!

This big thing this version is the powered workshops! Automated factories are now a thing.

Have you ever played Masterwork's gnome race? My powered workshops are like that (but this is not a port of that system).

I have built multiple factories while testing, and had a blast doing so :) I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I did.

(more workshops coming next version as well!)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Rubble 5.4 - Now on DF 40.14 (Automated factories)!
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2014, 06:13:34 pm »

Rubble 5.4 has some minor bugs, so expect 5.5 to come out soon!

The biggest bug is with the powered factory making glass items, input raw glass could get marked "removed" when there are less than the required amount of raw materials, oops.
Also the various persistence APIs could get out of sync if you exit the game by a method other than saving, double oops.

Anyway 5.5 will also have a powered mill, a powered spinning machine and a powered loom :) but I need to test everything before I upload, so expect to wait a bit.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2014, 08:46:06 pm »

I haven't tested these addons. They are created with WinMerge and a text editor, and are provided with no guarantee or warranty of any kind. Palu Inc. is not responsible for any errors, crashes, save corruptions, system corruptions, dwarven deaths, human deaths, mutilation, injuries, financial loss, lawyers, arguments, demons, angels, daemons, Windows, Linux, spontaneous combustion, conversion to Buddhism, disease, car accidents, acts of god, ninjas, elves, or other problems caused or incurred by the use of these addons. Use at your own risk
The 40.15 raws don't seem to have any differences, unless Rubble can change announcement settings.
I've really got to try some of this stuff out.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 02:48:07 pm »

I haven't tested these addons. They are created with WinMerge and a text editor, and are provided with no guarantee or warranty of any kind. Palu Inc. is not responsible for any errors, crashes, save corruptions, system corruptions, dwarven deaths, human deaths, mutilation, injuries, financial loss, lawyers, arguments, demons, angels, daemons, Windows, Linux, spontaneous combustion, conversion to Buddhism, disease, car accidents, acts of god, ninjas, elves, or other problems caused or incurred by the use of these addons. Use at your own risk
The 40.15 raws don't seem to have any differences, unless Rubble can change announcement settings.
I've really got to try some of this stuff out.

Erh, hum, Palu!!!  I will be most honored to test the rubble raws for the version 40.15 that you have forgotten to attach to your funny message  :P

I am testing vanilla 40.15 but I am forced to downgrade to 40.14 when I want to continue the development of my rubble starter mod  :-X

Thanks for your raws, please attach them when you can  ;D

::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2014, 10:22:24 am »

40.15 made no raw changes, so the 40.14 base will work fine (for that matter if you do not mind DF complaining that "STAND_AND_WORK_ABOVE" is an invalid tool use you can use the 40.14 base with 40.13 as well)

Anyway: 5.5 is going up in a few short seconds!

The major thing this version is bug fixes, bunches of them.
Several powered workshop bugs got through testing, squashed them.
Found a long standing bug in the metallurgy bloomery, squashed it.
And found one of those (now thankfully rare) bugs in the Rubble engine, once again squashed.

I did add some new stuff, namely three new powered workshops and an experimental powered logic gate addon (that is unlikely to work yet)!
Several of the other powered workshops have received improvements, check the changelog for details.

@Abadrausar: A Rubble starter mod? Sounds cool! (can't wait to see what you have)
@palu: Rubble CAN change settings, but only if you write a script to do it, currently it ignores all that stuff.
I am glad someone makes "stopgap bases" to update when I am off-line, Even if they are not perfect (which they probably are, as it sounds like you do the same basic thing I do) it is still better to have SOME base without needing to wait for me :) (I like your disclaimer)

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rubble 5.5 - Now on DF 40.15 (Bug fixes and more powered workshops)!
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 06:55:48 am »

Just a suggestion regarding documentation:

1. It would be helpful to state where all the different commands/templates/etc. go. It took me hours to figure out to put new crates into Addons/Libs/Crates and not into addons/user/[folder]. I'm still not sure if they really have to be there, but that's where they work for me (even though a copy of the file with just the header inside appears in the generated raw folder - is this even supposed to happen or did I fuck up somewhere?).

2. Files in the addons/user/[folder] appear to have to be named inorganic_USER_anything.txt to be recognized by Rubble. I don't think this is stated anywhere in the docs. If it is, I utterly missed it. I only figured it out by looking through the provided addons.

So yeah, awesome utility so far, but a single paragraph describing the naming schemes and organization of Rubble would be extremely helpful for people who lack programmer-brains (like me).

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rubble 5.5 - Now on DF 40.15 (Bug fixes and more powered workshops)!
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2014, 06:29:18 pm »

What I meant was that you could use the existing base for 40.15, since there were no changes.
No raw changes this time either, so go ahead and use 5.5.
@milo: How do you update?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11