Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vaults,  (Read 11199 times)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
Vaults,
« on: July 18, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »

Where do I find thee?
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults,
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:31:02 pm »

I think they are in dark fortresses, but I never looked, as they were too laggy.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:23 pm »

Vaults are their own sites, and so occupy their own tile on the world map, but they won't appear on it until you've found them. The only way I've found one is to use Legends Viewer (or a similar resource) to locate them. Otherwise, you'll just be wandering aimlessly until you bump into one, as there is no in-game way to get directions to them (that I know of).
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 06:49:43 pm »

I think they are in dark fortresses, but I never looked, as they were too laggy.

That's what I thought too, but they aren't.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »

Aside from cheating or random luck, there's no in-game way to find a vault.  When the book system is a little more robust we might have more options, maybe some ancient tomes hidden in tombs or locked away in the royal library, but there's certainly no living people who remember.
Shoes...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »

My vault was empty. No demons no divine weapons or armor just the slab at the end.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »

My vault was empty. No demons no divine weapons or armor just the slab at the end.

O.o Sounds like one of those empty-except-for-goodie-at-the-end demon stronghold bugs.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 10:32:26 pm »

Raided a second vault. Couldn't defeat the baddies but I set campfires to block the entrance jumped inside, jabbed one in the hand, scooped up his sword and heroically ran away.

Came back like a gallant raccoon picking at the garbage and discovered my foes were made of steam. Without their weapons their abillity to hurt me was vastly diminished so now I have constantly moving silk clothes and a sword and shield of pale metal.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:39:11 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 03:30:31 am »

...you can jump over campfires now?

holy shit this changes everything
._.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 04:45:44 am »

You can totally get in-game directions. Just look up the name in legends, and talk to someone about the surrounding area until they mention it, then ask for directions to it.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 06:14:47 am »

...you can jump over campfires now?

holy shit this changes everything

Also, if you're feeling bored with the ol' sane way of entering castles, you can climb the wall on one side, jump over the battlements, jump over one the other side again, then jump off the wall (more ballsy option) or just climb down.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 04:34:05 pm »

You can also jump through the vertical bars, no need to pull the levers. xD
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »

Which is a life saver because my vault was bugged, there was no way to open the room to the slab.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 10:24:27 pm »

Wait seriously?

That would have helped. If only I had known that before getting cornered at that bars by a Judgement of Mountians.  :(

Also, exactly how do you banish the Demon, once you have its slab?
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 04:55:15 am »

Wait seriously?

That would have helped. If only I had known that before getting cornered at that bars by a Judgement of Mountians.  :(

Also, exactly how do you banish the Demon, once you have its slab?
It's a conversation option. The first one, in fact.
._.
Pages: [1] 2 3