Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Legends Project  (Read 6031 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Legends Project
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 04:10:45 pm »

I give up, what does "PTW" mean?  ???
Posting To Watch.
When you want to receive notifications from a topic you want to follow, you write a post with it.

That's not what Urban Dictionary says...
Yes, this is a marijuana forum. Right, guys?

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 04:53:37 pm »

I give up, what does "PTW" mean?  ???
Posting To Watch.
When you want to receive notifications from a topic you want to follow, you write a post with it.

That's not what Urban Dictionary says...
Yes, this is a marijuana forum. Right, guys?
Its the second definition on urban dictionary... even normal dictionaries will typically list several possible definition, makes even more sense for one with acronyms to.
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

Ironherald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 06:30:38 pm »

PTW

But I agree it'd be amazing. Also is one race being OP so bad? If anything it'd make for a good theme.

world dominated largely by one race need not necessarily be boring, especially if its Elves. The Dwarven race struggling to maintain its kingdom against Elven superstates? More reason to cleave filthy elf necks!

A dominance of necro towers could be interesting too, though probably impractical. Still, obviously I agree its no fun if these would be to a ridiculous extent.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 09:17:05 am »

world dominated largely by one race need not necessarily be boring, especially if its Elves. The Dwarven race struggling to maintain its kingdom against Elven superstates? More reason to cleave filthy elf necks!

It'd be cool in one world. It's not cool when it happens every single time.

I've started working on a mod to address some of the issues I mentioned earlier. Wars seem a little more balanced, and new deity curses have been added to decrease vampire numbers. Werebeasts and night creatures are more problematic, since they can spread and reproduce: I may remove deity werecurses and just make a "werewolf" creature, thus making them rarer.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)
Pages: 1 [2]