Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Magma 6: The Dwarven Espionage RTD, Turn 2: Gearing Up  (Read 3829 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma 6: The Dwarven Espionage RTD, Introduction
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 10:04:48 pm »

To the armory. I'm going to need a better knife than this one if I plan on fighting with it. Preferably something that won't break after a few stabs or slashes.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 02:19:39 am »

To the armory.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 02:48:34 am »

Get to the Armory, search for any concealable weapons.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 09:37:00 am »

Can I be on the waitlist?
Name:Urist McTough
Bio:CLASSIFIED:URIST MCTOP SECRET
Former Organization:DSC
Trait:Sturdy- +3 starting HP
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 08:41:53 pm »

((Darkpaladin is missing what should we do?make hime stand idle?))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 08:48:45 pm »

((Darkpaladin is missing what should we do?make hime stand idle?))
Its fine, I don't really have the time to update this for a day or three right now so he has plenty of chances to post an action before then.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 08:52:13 pm »

Go to armory, look for gadgets that could be used to bring items directly to me.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magma 6: The Dwarven Espionage RTD, Turn 1: Armory Access
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »

Entire Group
All of you have pretty much the same idea, and head for Magma Quarter's Armory immediately to start gearing up for your coming mission, some of you looking for better weapons and others gear or gadgets. You only walk a few feet towards the Armory before the path listed forces you to board these large flat bedded carts that immediately start moving once you're all on board, the cart zips off down the tunnel at a far faster pace than you could walk but just slow enough not to knock you off balance. The tunnel is barren of all, but the sparse lava lanterns that are made to light it which is quite different from the sight you get when the cart pulls to a stop at the tunnel entrance, stopping just in time to connect with a ramp leading down into the chamber beyond.

The chamber itself is a beautiful thing, a granite cavern the size of a four story house almost completely devoid of any kind of furnishings, the only things in the room are a wooden desk with near a dozen bookshelves around it on the far side, and a number of levers and turn wheels to the sides of the room. Walking down into the chamber you find a wizened old dwarf bent over the desk on the far side of the chamber, and three younger dwarves standing off to the side as if waiting for the man's orders. Looking up at you the old dwarf speaks,

"Ah new recruits here to get gear I would think, if you're confused as to how I know that Command informed me you were coming, its a bit disconcerting at first, but you'll get used to Command knowing far more than they should. Well then let me explain to you all a little bit about how Magma 6 works internally, we use a rank system to determine what gear agents have access to and to obtain that gear we use a requisition points system with each item costing a certain amount and with missions giving you more points to spend. Its proven rather effective at keeping our more valuable gear in hands of those who are definitely going to keep them.

You six are Quartz Agents, the lowest rank in Magma 6 and as thus the rank with access to the least amount of gear, and to only the most basic workshop areas of the base. Of course along with this you also are given easier missions, though to be honest they're just as deadly as any you will take part in so caution is still important. To start out with all of you have four requisition points to spend, so use them wisely. Fellows raise up the Quartz Agent Selection!"

With that last sentence the three younger dwarves spur into action running to the side of the room where they start pulling levers, and spinning the turn wheels as fast as they possibly could. Over the course of the next few minutes you watch as a section of the floor pulls down into the floor, and pulls aside to let a platform covered in weapon racks, and display cases come up to take the place of the granite floor.

Quote from: Quartz Agent Equipment
Weapons:
P.A.R. Model 43 [Atk: 6, Atk. Speed: 3, Ammo: 6/6, Reload: 3 Turns, Ranged, Silent] (3 Requisition Points)
Ferret Pneumatapistol [Atk: 6, Atk. Speed: 1, Ammo: 1/1, Ranged, Silent] (2 Requisition Points)
The Sleeper Pistol Mk. III [Atk: 2, Atk. Speed: 1, Ammo: 3/3, Ranged, Knockout, Silent] (2 Requisition Points)

Serrated Obsidian Combat Knife [Atk: 4, Atk. Speed: 2, Melee, Brittle] (2 Requisition Points)
Serrated Obsidian Hatchet [Atk: 8, Atk. Speed: 1, Melee, Brittle](3 Requisition Points)
Iron Stiletto [Atk: 2, Atk. Speed: 2, Melee] (1 Requisition Points)

Armor:
Nightskin Suit [Armor: 1, Night Stealth Aid] (2 Requisition Points)
Plated Leather Armor [Armor: 2] (2 Requisition Points)
Reinforced Copper Infantry Suit [Armor: 3, Noticeable (3 Requisition Points)

Gadgets: (2 Requisition Points for all of these)
Grapnel Launcher [Used to fire a grappling hook a long distance.]
LRG Headset [Gives +2 to your perception rolls.]
Mk. II Disruptor [Roll a 1d10 when used for everyone effected by the blast radius, on a 5 or higher someone is incapacitated for a turn.]

Areas of the Base Open for Visit
Armory - Magma Quarters armory, likely to contain every weapon, gadget, and toy an agent would need in the field.
Medical Ward - The Medical Ward, those in need of treatment should probably head here.
Living Quarters - It would seem Magma Quarters contains numerous apartment complexes and barracks within it, you think it'll take some time but you could probably find your room.
Workshop Quartz - Workshop Quartz is listed as being the Workshop open to members of Magma 6 who rank Initiate Agent to Quartz Tier Agents.
MQ Command Center - The MQ Command Center is the area data is analyzed, and the operations of MI6 are coordinated from.
Briefing Rooms - Briefing auditoriums set off to the side, you assume their purpose is to brief agents and teams on their coming missions.

Spoiler: Barry McMurdoc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 'Ira', Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Agent V, Varee (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:23:14 pm by adwarf »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 06:18:28 pm »

Man this game sure is awful.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma 6: The Dwarven Espionage RTD, Turn 1: Armory Access
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 06:45:40 pm »

Urist requisitions a Serrated Obsidian Combat Knife and a Nightskin Suit.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »

Baryy will grab an LRG headset and the Ferret Pneumatapistol.

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 08:32:18 pm »

Waitlist me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:31 pm »

Y u so mean. :I

Requisition Nightskin Armor; Grapnel Launcher.

Ask what the mission availability is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3