Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Solium Infernum PBEM - Game Finished  (Read 20905 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solium Infernum PBEM - Game Finished
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2023, 10:37:49 pm »

that is a really curious team-up, I agree. I have a love for solium and moreso for armageddon empires, even if they are broken af in terms of balance

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2023, 04:05:21 pm »

There's a 20 turn demo up. Have only seen other people play it as of yet. It does look exactly like a reskin with much better UX. Maybe a few additional systems here and there.

ed: ugh. Remember how ill-optimised the engine used to be? It's worse now. I'm pulling maybe 3 fps. On a reasonably capable laptop. In a strategy game. Not really playable for me here.
I get it's a demo still, but it's not a great first impression.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:36:00 pm by Il Palazzo »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2023, 11:36:27 pm »

Played it a bit, 20 turns really isn't enough to do much. Most of the mechanics are retained, including the fiddly tribute tokens (surely everyone's favorite game system). They have remade the archfiend creation, where you pick from one of a set of premade fiends and then have 3 points to spend on customization (starting as a Duke or with 3 orders will cost you all 3). I think this is better from some perspectives, since you won't be able to completely wreck your chances with poor character creation. The fact that each premade has to be unique in each game is probably annoying though.

I don't really get the need for a 3D map, but I guess it's what sells. The models aren't particularly appealing and the animations during turn resolution are slow. No trouble on my machine, but it's decently powerful.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2023, 05:34:32 pm »

Karlito pretty much said everything I could say. The 20 turn demo seems like it's the same as the old version had - I remember it was long enough to start getting stuck in, but not to finish. I will underscore the part about the animations taking too long - I've got a decent machine and it was clear they were running at the intended speed, but the intended speed was still tedious.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2024, 08:45:00 pm »

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]