Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Solium Infernum PBEM - Game Finished  (Read 22726 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solium Infernum PBEM - Files in the ether
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 03:27:05 pm »

It also adds new game mechanics, and new legions, relics, praetors, and artifacts using them.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 03:34:30 pm »

PTW.
Seems interesting. Will you be writing up what happens during turns here?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 03:41:18 pm »

I'll try to do an LP. Never done before, promised to do so often. Once I get the first save, I'll start a thread with stuff that the players are totally not allowed to look at :P
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 03:43:15 pm »

Personally that's something I'm going to try to be doing. To be honest that' something I've been meaning to do with one or two of my Dominions game as well and the fatigue just killed them. On the other hand SI really doesn't bloat like Dominions. Maybe I'll have some energy to do a little writeup after doing my turns when there's no hour long army scripting marathons.

But there's a lot of public information with this game so it's certainly possible that we as a collective will be posting some stuff here and there. I'll at least try my hand at getting a screenshot mashup of the game map done so we can reference it later (seriously, why doesn't this game allow full out zoom? silly developer).

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 04:10:30 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to try and keep the thread fairly up to date with all the public information, since it's useful both as a historical reference and to anyone watching the game.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Solium Infernum PBEM - Game started
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 08:22:50 pm »

It seems most people have decided to pick names for their demons that are separate from their forum identities. Would anybody like to claim a particular demon so I can put a face to an enemy?

Particularly interested in David Bowie's demonic form.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 10:04:44 pm »

Put a face to an enemy? What a wicked thing to say! Kind sir, we are all friends here, are we not?

Quote from: Journal
Father is gone. I know not for how long now, nor whence. I do not even remember him leaving. I awoke this morning - can I say it was morning, here, when time seems endless and the sky never changes? - and remembered he was not here, and had not been for as long as I could recall. This troubles me more than a little.

I must be strong, now. Father is gone. At least he took his ghastly praetor with him. That villain I shall not miss. Still, I do miss him a little. Even at his worst, was he truly so awful? Well yes, of course he was, but I still miss him a bit. He would be useful, out there. But he is gone, with Father I should think, and it must be for the best. I am alone, and mistress of the house now. I cannot hide forever in this damp keep, safe though I might feel. I shall gather the servants and venture forth, to see what this wide world holds, and greet all who dwell within it. My future waits beyond these walls, a wealth of goodness and wonder!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 10:38:15 pm »

Great Satan, four of you are Princes? At least one of you had the good sense to choose what is clearly the best portrait.

EDIT: Actually, with Albright's post, I totally have enough information to figure out who is who.

How'd I do?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:41:57 pm by Karlito »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 11:47:10 pm »

You had me fingered, Karlito.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:53:36 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 11:57:34 pm »

And have a poorly edited map.

Spoiler: Map of Hell, turn 1 (click to show/hide)

Also
The Chosen of Ciacco
Melee:    2
Fierce ( Add 1d4 to Melee damage if the Legion is able to inflict Melee damage on its opponent. )
Those demons do love their jokes. At least my Legion is the best looking out of all of them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:02:44 am by Karlito »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 02:31:12 am »

Damn you Karlito, and your ersatz negative of my fabulous portait!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2014, 04:15:36 am »

Cheeetar, I think you sent me your first trn file again (the pregame one), instead of the one that gets generated after you play your first turn. I double checked and the game refuses to acknowledge your turn. Your latest trn file is 2K in size while everyone elses is +15K.

I believe what you need to do is play your turn, click 'end turn' and then send me the trn file found in your game folder.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 04:17:25 am »

Right, sure thing. My bad.

I'll try to do an LP. Never done before, promised to do so often. Once I get the first save, I'll start a thread with stuff that the players are totally not allowed to look at :P

Oh jeeze. My eyes may have seen the opening post to your LP for as much as 5 seconds before I panicked and realised what I'd clicked onto. It might help if it were more clearly labeled.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:21:22 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2014, 04:32:07 am »

Oh, it's no problem :P I was being somewhat facetious when I said you can't look at it. By all means, look at it if you want to! So far, I haven't revealed anything. Anyway, changed the title to at least look somewhat different.

On the first turn, I, Dumah, captured the Tree of Woe. Delta, another Prince of Hell, captured the Black Altar of Despair. I have made a demand of David Owie, costing me some prestige, leaving me dead last in the first turn at 9 points, with Durus, Ciacco, David Owie and Miranda at 10 points, Delta at 15 points.

Elsewhere in Hell, Delta purchased the service of the Adamantine Guard, a 6/6/6 legion that can be sent to reinforce either a Place of Power or the Pandemonium, lending its formidable stats to wherever they are sent. A mysterious buyer acquired the Meketrix Lash, which guarantees a level-up after successful battle.

Baron Miranda is now the regent.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:42:59 am by lijacote »
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2014, 05:21:28 am »

What's this? My poor brother requries alms? Should I show, ugh, what's that word... pity?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12