Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 240219 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #1080 on: September 01, 2014, 09:46:44 pm »

Well I see you're not interested in actually talking things through. You're right. Tiruin is scum.  I'm scum. You caught us. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to ignore you for the rest of the game until you decide to actually try playing. I suggest everyone does the same.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 01, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »

Knew it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »

To paraphrase someone else: Playing with you makes me want to bash my head into the wall and then I want to bash YOUR head into the wall just so you can feel my pain.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 01, 2014, 09:54:15 pm »

Joy of the internets.

In other news, that day should have ended 2 years ago, no?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:53 pm »

Irony
What points?
I'm glad you asked!

One:
Because as a scum they should be immune by default. If so, they can continue NKilling while inconveniencing town. The combo also falls since they can simply kill NQH/Toaster and get rid of it. Then again, they can let it go,since it impact town and not themselves

If it's a town ability, then scum is affected by it, and NQH/Toaster can lockdown. Scum only chance lay in lynching NQT/Toaster, which is unlikely, since he can just come out if his head is on the chopping block.
For the second part, did you see the role I linked?

Two:
Do you have an explanation for why that could be perfectly balanced but this couldn't, beyond what you've said above about it not affecting scum in the first place?

Three:
And in the same vein, what about the severe targeting restriction countered by a town auto ability?

Four:
Finally, why would it be alright if scum got to use the combo but not alright if town did?

Five:
Because Toaster is a 3rd party, not town. Shit like that happen.
Third parties cause us to give scum 2-3 favorable lynches?

Six:
I don,t really understand what you are talkign about here. I didn't speak about a miller in this game.
Yeah you have. You're calling Tiruin scum. Tiruin, who had her Miller ability removed by confirmed-town Persus.

You're saying a Miller is scum.

Seven:
If scum isn't immune,then why have this ability ? You risk failling your NK, and lose the other actions from ally scum. Again, it's a thing of balance. I guess you could have the person launching it be immune, but then he must do the NK.
This is circular logic. "This ability would be worthless on scum, therefore it's a scum ability but they're immune to it."

Eight:
I'm going with the most likely function of that panic. Disrupting town to give the scum a chance. early on
Based on what? You've ignored every question I've raised about it, from a prior example to feasibility concerns, and are relying on circular logic and Tiruin lying in a hyperspecific way to make your version work.

I don't think you actually think Tiriun's scum. I think you're terrified/enraged at the combo because it's ruining your wincon.

Conveniently chopped up and numbered for ease of reading and replying!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:14 pm »

1) No.
2) No, that's the point. Either the scum get affected and it's game breaking, or they don't and it's a fine ability.
3)Can't understand what you are meaning there. Pretty sure the auto oesn't allow redirects unless first ability is random, which i assume there aren't a whole lot.
4)Because if scum can act through, town (or toater) could drop it. Again, as i've said A LOT, if scum got the panic, the key to the combo is either town or 3rd party, wich doesn't make it game breaking.
5)-1 one day to LyLo, and the longer Toasty stay here the more lynch needs to be wasted, and lower the town/scum ratio risk to be.
6)I'm not trusting claim like that with redirect and other power running rampant. It's a BYOR, nobody is confirmed.
7)Meta-logic. It goes a long way.
8)I'm unhappy i won't be able to confirm my suspicions of it. And i doubt said combo will work.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 01, 2014, 10:24:56 pm »

God damn...

Did I seriously read through ANOTHER three pages of fruitless back-and-forth about the same singular point that the last tunneling incident was about?
So much active lurking and deflection going on. That said, Toaster cannot be lynched. I'm comfortable with Varee at L-1.

Unvote Cheetar
Vote Varee

HoS MBP

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 01, 2014, 10:29:34 pm »

Yeah i agree, why do work when you can put blue on me and call it a day's work.
I swear this town gone full on lazy mode.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 01, 2014, 10:37:05 pm »

Your arguments are crap, you're tunneling a player I'm town-reading, and you refuse to scumhunt beyond attempting to outguess the mod.

If you think I'm going to go at you for another three page romp, you're well mistaken. It's a waste of time as you've shown.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 01, 2014, 10:53:05 pm »

Yes, actually.
Town/Scum/Neutral.
Though I really really don't see how Toaster could be the SK.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 01, 2014, 10:55:39 pm »

Then keep on whitekinghting and i'll keep doing my stuff. Got bigger fish to fry.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:10 pm »

MBP: Do you have anything resembling other suspects, or is Tiruin the only suspicious person in the whole game?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 01, 2014, 10:57:00 pm »

Oh, and I'm not worried about uni, it's just really time-consuming at least in the beginning. I'm worrying about a lot of other crap. :p

Ninja'd.

I also really really don't see how Tiruin could be scum. Only SK, and even then it's a bit strange.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 01, 2014, 10:59:37 pm »

Nerjin for protecting a known 3rd party. Rest would depend on how Varee flips. Town i'd check amongst the voters for a mafia bus.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 01, 2014, 11:03:15 pm »

Before somebody hammers Varee- please give him some time to detail his night actions so far (and maybe final reads on people.) I don't see any danger of him evading lynch, so give him some time?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 123