Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241498 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1125 on: September 03, 2014, 01:53:56 pm »

Based on the voting and my gut, possibly more.
I did not kill Toaster, I inspected.
I got Varee's one-shot kill.

What did Toaster get?
What did everyone else try to do?

The sooner everyone claims the sooner I can say who I inspected.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 03, 2014, 01:56:30 pm »

O_o
How did that happen?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 03, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »

I got Varee's claimed building ability.  Basically, it randomly (self-inclusive) gives someone a random ability that's based on their role.  As a free action, it can be (self-exclusive) targeted.

I used Gambler's Fallacy to send it to myself... and it turns out that the ability doesn't give me anything.  Sucks for me!

Also, screw you whoever killed me.  That wasn't nice.

MBP:
Well my ability check failed, so that's not coming into account.

I was going to let you through, but based on your actions late D3 I decided against it.

Unlikely for town to have 2 night kills

Nonsense.  It's happened plenty of times before, and this is a big game.  Plus, Varee had one that was one-shot; I'd say a one-shot superkill is quite plausible.

TolyK:

If you got his kill, why does he still have it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 03, 2014, 02:05:45 pm »

Silthuri:
Will try to get in another post later today containing reads.
Please provide this post you promised.

I tried to block Toaster.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 03, 2014, 03:44:19 pm »

Are we go for mass claim time?

TolyK: Why are you reserving your investigation results? You have the ability to back up what you're saying- why is it that you're again just asking us to trust you at your word?
Toaster: Somebody tried to kill you. Do you think it was more likely it was town, third party, or scum? Are you worried that you might be targeted again tonight, fatally?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 03, 2014, 04:00:29 pm »

O_o
How did that happen?
Varee said he lost a one-shot kill, and I said that I got it, and Jack said that he actioned to transfer an action from Varee to Tiruin but it ended up with me. Please note that if I had killed Toaster he wouldn't have revived.

TolyK:

If you got his kill, why does he still have it?
That I don't know. Probably because it's part of his initial role, while added actions are thrown away (since I recall someone (Varee?) wondering why someone who flipped didn't have an ability).

TolyK: Why are you reserving your investigation results? You have the ability to back up what you're saying- why is it that you're again just asking us to trust you at your word?
No mass claim yet, too many people and too little information, imo.
I'm not asking to trust my word this time - I'm trying to catch a liar. That's why I want to know who did what this night. I already said that I'll reveal it after that (I think I did? Damn midnight).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 03, 2014, 04:07:14 pm »

Well I don't really have a night action to take so... Yeah. I just sorta sat around and updated my DnD games.

As for

Tiruin, what did you do this night, given you were immune to yourself?
I either targeted Nerjin or IronyOwl, because it was a conditional based on the # of players and I'm unsure if it holds on the current # of players in the cycle (or was it phase? The term for a whole Day) or the current # of players at the current time the action is used.

I see. Well you must have targeted Irony because I didn't get anything.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 03, 2014, 04:32:51 pm »

Well I don't really have a night action to take so... Yeah. I just sorta sat around and updated my DnD games.

As for

Tiruin, what did you do this night, given you were immune to yourself?
I either targeted Nerjin or IronyOwl, because it was a conditional based on the # of players and I'm unsure if it holds on the current # of players in the cycle (or was it phase? The term for a whole Day) or the current # of players at the current time the action is used.

I see. Well you must have targeted Irony because I didn't get anything.
Err, knowing my action, my target won't know they would get anything unless...they'd know ._.

O_o
How did that happen?
Varee said he lost a one-shot kill, and I said that I got it, and Jack said that he actioned to transfer an action from Varee to Tiruin but it ended up with me. Please note that if I had killed Toaster he wouldn't have revived.
Oop :x
I remember now. Yeah. Sorry .-.

No mass claim yet, too many people and too little information, imo.
I'm not asking to trust my word this time - I'm trying to catch a liar. That's why I want to know who did what this night. I already said that I'll reveal it after that (I think I did? Damn midnight).

I'd FoS you or anything at the moment but given that it's exam time and my brain is x_x, I'll be frank here.
I am not trying to be Frank. :v
I'm swinging unsure about you as a partial bias on how you see things (and the notes of future promises and ideas of that manner) but there's also a note that catches...my feelings on you in a good way.

Though your tactic here seems a bit...ok less than a bit, inefficient. Anyway.

I am Triskaideckaphobia.
Yeah, seriously. We don't believe unlucky here, in that manner of fear. We'd be more scared of an Aswang--our Asian Vampire or...insulting the spirits of our dead...or disrespecting other people that isn't us than the #13. :P
...Though I do recall some of the international/American hotels in our capital lacking the 13th floor. Huh.

I lack one Auto due to Persus13 (Unlucky)
I have one other Auto I'm not willing to say right now due to conflicting reasons--however if I die, please kill Toaster :v
I have {Nyancat} as my only action--if the # of players > 13; I {do something harmless}. If the # of players = 13; I Inspect. If the # of players < 13; I {do something just as useless but benevolent}.
I had a one-shot, which was detailed and used, referenced here.

N1 I targeted Flabort. So he can pass it on and also to allay any note on scummyscumscum in the least.
N2 I targeted Cheeeeeeetar. Didn't like how the proceedings went and I went with who I felt was best to get Fear'd...due to my lacking activity at the time.
D3 I noticed it was 13 players...my one-shot had 13 players exactly as a requirement.
N3 I poked either Nerjin or IronyOwl...because of the conditional action and understanding of that action. I'll ask.

Will fully full claim later after everyone else :I

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 03, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »

TolyK:
The sooner everyone claims the sooner I can say who I inspected.
Is it because you need to know what people are to fabricate an inspect result?

What did you claim your role to be? You have an alignment-inspect and an action inspect?

Tiruin: Does your panic ability explicitly say it affects everyone?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 03, 2014, 05:12:25 pm »

Tiruin: Does your panic ability explicitly say it affects everyone?
Everyone else but me, paraphrased. Yep.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 03, 2014, 05:31:56 pm »

Toaster

Ain't happy about the blok, because info is at a premium and it could have put my case for Tiruin to rest or jsut confirm it. Then again, 3rd party.

Also, did you block EVERYONE? Because based on the (claimed) PANIC tiruin claimed, only she could have killed you. Either that or she is lying, or scum got some counters. Either way i,d assume scum will try again tonight.

As for the claim, here goes.

I'm a Owlbear, Half Owl, Half Bear.
Got Nighteyes, to check a random ability from the target
Got Bearhug, which destroy a random ability from a target, kill action excluded.
My Auto is Cavern, meaning that if i don't use one the other 2 abilities, people visiting me with kills get kiled in return
And i got a 1 shot called Night Owl where nothing happen during the night. Because nobody want to anger an Owlbear. Asked Wubbah that doesn't stop redirected or unblockable things.

As for actions, used Nighteyes every night.
N1?: 4mask power is null tell, a death prevention due to cuteness. May explain lack of death that night.
N2?: Toaster, Lawless scavenger
N3?: Action Failed.

Gonna take the time to read during the evening

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 03, 2014, 05:54:28 pm »

Night 3 I tried to redirect Toaster to himself (and failed.)

PFP.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 03, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »

What did you do @N3, puppet?
Why did you pick those people for your action?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 03, 2014, 05:57:38 pm »

I'm a Labrador Retriever Puppy. I am the cutest damn thing.

Puppy (initial):
My auto is Cute. Any player attempting to kill me will fail if they haven't tried to do so before.
My other auto is Dog Years. I get a fabulous prize for surviving to D3. (the prize is a new role)
As a night action I can Play With someone, blocking them.

Dog (granted morning of D3):
My Auto is Circle of Life. Once per Phase I may switch between puppy and dog forms, retaining this ability (and no others).
As a night action I can be someone's Best Friend, taking a bullet for them if they're shot at.
Once, as a night action, I can invoke All Dogs Go To Heaven. I become the Labrador Retriever God for a day and a night, after which I die. This ability is automatically triggered in the event of my death.

N1 4mask blocked Cheeetar, failed.
N2 4mask blocked NQT, and grew up into Dog state.
D3 I reverted from Dog state to Puppy state, ridding myself of Panic.
N3 I blocked Toaster. That may have been why you didn't get an action, BTW. I'm not sure how blocks and autos interact.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 03, 2014, 06:02:52 pm »

What did you do @N3, puppet?
Why did you pick those people for your action?

Targeted you, as i said.

As for why, 4 mask was a random choice since i joined basically during the night and had'nt read anything. He was 1st on the list.
Toaster was chosen because i played with him long ago, and he's a good player, so it's always good to be wary.
You because reasons. 

And i confirm the Puppy dog eyes from Urist
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 123