Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 240500 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1140 on: September 03, 2014, 06:52:14 pm »

So are we massclaiming now? I thought we weren't.

TolyK:
What did everyone else try to do?

The sooner everyone claims the sooner I can say who I inspected.
Your actions are starting to strike me as cagey, scummy bullshit. This had better be an amazing power/role.

Last night I targeted MBP. It failed. Is that sufficient or do you require the precise action for some reason?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 03, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »

Oh, and I was not informed of Tiruin acting on me.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 03, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »

TolyK:
Based on the voting and my gut, possibly more.
So... you're going by MBP's theory incriminating the majority of the players (excluding himself, of course)? And are you saying you possibly inspected me at one point? If you did, I ask that you share your results before I claim.

What did everyone else try to do?
Last night, I twiddled my thumbs. My only night action is a one-shot I've yet to use, meaning I've never taken a night action in this entire game.

Urist:
Silthuri:
Will try to get in another post later today containing reads.
Please provide this post you promised.

Since you asked nicely, I shall. It's kinda quick and may involve some incorrect information due to piles of homework and two exams next week absorbing my focus.

Cheeetar: D1 actions still seem kinda scummy to me.

MBP: I don't even know about this one. Horrible arguments that make no sense. Has tried to incriminate everyone but himself and his entire case on Tiruin yesterday seemed to focus on "She is scum because I think she is scum because I don't like her power". Leaning not-town.

Nerjin: Nothing really suspicious here. I found it quite suspicious that he tried to pardon a SK-ally at the beginning although I'm having second thoughts because I'm not sure if the SK and the ally would know each other's identities (has this been discussed before? Sorry if I missed it). Town lean.

Tiruin: Her miller was confirmed by a townie who is now dead and even though her power is a bit odd for a town, It's almost confirmed she's not scum. I still think there's a slight possibility she's third party due to her power affecting everyone but herself and someone with an immunity, but that's me being a bit paranoid.

Toaster: Survivor? Seems incredibly powerful and dangerous... so far he seems to be playing to town's wishes though.

TolyK: He's holding supposed inspect results over our heads. It's quite suspicious that he's wanting everyone else to claim before he claims his results. Perhaps he wants us to think he's going to call bullshit on people's claims. I'm not sure I buy it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 03, 2014, 08:42:33 pm »

Cheeetar:
Toaster: Somebody tried to kill you. Do you think it was more likely it was town, third party, or scum? Are you worried that you might be targeted again tonight, fatally?

I'm thinking nontown, but I'm reserving judgement on that.

Yes it does worry me, since that'd make me lose.  Losing may be fun, but it's not what I want here.

MBP:  Yes, I action-failed (not blocked) everyone but myself and TolyK.  I didn't have an action, but eh?  I also removed it from nobody- not even myself.

UI:  You blocked me?  Why?

TolyK:  If you wait for everyone to claim and then say "Lol I didn't learn anything last night!" then I will see you lynched.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 03, 2014, 08:47:19 pm »

So, Tolyk, Tiruin, or Unblockable scum. Unless i'm missing something else?

And that's obviously with CLAIMED affect everyone Panic. Jsut making that clear.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 03, 2014, 09:02:29 pm »

It may be an unblockable neutral as well. Just because they are aligned against what looks to be a survivor role doesn't mean they are aligned against us.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 03, 2014, 09:06:36 pm »

I am a Philanthropic Misanthrope.

I have an auto called Split Personality. It makes me unable to use the same action two nights in a row.

I have two actions: Philanthropy makes me use a random beneficial action on the target, from this list:

Protect - Target cannot be killed
Assist - Target is unblockable
Guard - If the target dies, I die instead
Gift - The target receives a 1-shot version of a random one of my eight sub-actions

Misanthropy makes me use a random harmful action on my target, from this list:

Kill - Target dies
Block - Target's action(s) fail
Randomize - Target's action(s) hit a random player
Disable - All the target's role abilities have no effect for a full cycle

I'm not told which action is chosen.

N1(Imp): Philanthropy on Jack AT
N2(Imp): Misanthropy on Varee(This might explain why Toaster(?) didn't receive the house)
N3(Me): Philanthropy on IronyOwl(Failed because of panic)

TolyK:
Based on that... Silthuri for now, though not necessary my final vote.

That's based on this post?

Discussion piece, people voting each lynchee for the first 3 day. I'm not posting Flabort vote-ato, and 1st day was pre-empted.

Day 1 -  Jack A T, TolyK, Shakerag, Cheeetar,
Day 2 -  Cheeetar, Nerjin, Persus13, Scripten, Jack A T, Imp, Silthuri, 4maskwolf, notquitethere,
Day 3 -  Toaster, Silthuri, Nerjin, Cheeetar, Scripten

Slashed are dead, probably missed 1-2 of those there due to name changes, feel free to modify

Why Silthuri? She was on two of the lynches, but so were Nerjin, Scripten, and Jack A T. Cheeetar was on three.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 04, 2014, 12:15:23 am »

No more claiming, dammit. I asked only for N3 actions. -.-
Whatever.

Jack AT is Town and !none'd/failed.

What I was hoping for was someone claiming a randomize, redirect or the like on me so that I could be certain as to my inspection results. At least I can be more sure that who claimed is not scum (in personal reads).

I have a one-shot kill, I can now check role name/ability claims, and I can randomize  (that turns into a redirect with Toaster's help.
Jack, as I understand, can move abilities from one person to another, which can be very useful.

Do not claim your roles ffs, there's enough to check anyways.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 04, 2014, 12:20:38 am »

So massclaiming is bad...why?
You didn't say anything towards (...or against) it before when the query was asked :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 04, 2014, 12:33:28 am »

Did your role change, TolyK?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 04, 2014, 01:18:31 am »

TolyK:
No more claiming, dammit. I asked only for N3 actions. -.-
Whatever.

Jack AT is Town and !none'd/failed.

What I was hoping for was someone claiming a randomize, redirect or the like on me so that I could be certain as to my inspection results. At least I can be more sure that who claimed is not scum (in personal reads).

I have a one-shot kill, I can now check role name/ability claims, and I can randomize  (that turns into a redirect with Toaster's help.
Jack, as I understand, can move abilities from one person to another, which can be very useful.

So you demanded everyone inform you of their N3 actions on the off chance that unblocked scum who had redirected you might panic and admit to it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 04, 2014, 01:42:58 am »

I never inspected Silthuri, I already said that it was on analysis and gut (the vagueness was to prevent people from trying to lie).

I do not have anything concrete on Silthuri. I also only have town confirmations... which sucks.

Irony, more or less.

Toaster, no, only one ability. I also didn't claim everything.
Massclaiming is bad because we don't have enough info to catch all scum and the SK, and probably won't after this night either.

Had I found scum that would've been better.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 04, 2014, 04:26:34 am »

Alright.  Less busy.

N3 I tried to use my transfer power to make TheWetSheep (see my issues with Imp) hand a power to Tiruin.  This failed: panic.

MBP: Your entire attack on Tiruin, as you clarified it (dependent on the combo), seems to be built on an odd set of assumptions.  Why are you assuming that scum doesn't just have some sort of unstoppability powers or something else that counters the combo?  Why are you assuming that the panic is what's in scum hands, not just a way around the panic?  Are there not many ways for Wuba to balance the relevant set of powers, no matter whose hands those powers are in (particularly in a game like this, where powers are rapidly flying from player to player and town powers can quickly become scum powers)?
MBP: Please answer this stuff.

TolyK: You continue to leave much unexplained.  Would you be so kind as to explain why you decided to inspect me?  In addition, what is that analysis of Silthuri?  In addition, why have you decided to claim your role at this point, sort of outside of a massclaim?

Jack A T- None of you are voting: Why?
Cheeetar: I was busy and confused, as already stated.

TheWetSheep: Why Philanthropy on IronyOwl?

Urist Imiknorris: You've made an interesting move.  Interesting in that it gives me a lot of points I can use to learn more about you.  Let's look at your post.
Jack A T: As far as I can tell, the only players you've indicated any real suspicion of are either the inactive (NQT/TolyK D2, Varee today) or easy targets (both Cheeetar and flabort D2
First, is it correct to say that your use of "inactive" here has little to do with amount of activity, and much to do with the quality of the activity shown?  That's the only way I see your statement making sense.
Second, I find the most interesting parts of your assertions here are not what you chose to include, but what you omitted.  For instance, this FoS of Nerjin alongside my TolyK vote and case.  Now, I assume that most players making cases based on records of suspicion would carefully examine, among other things, voting records.  You should have found this easily.  This leads me to believe that either you made your case without careful examination of the evidence, or you chose to leave this out.  Please explain this omission.
Of more importance is your choice to leave my day 1 activities out completely.  What led you to believe that inclusion of my Day 1 activities, including a major part of my record of votes and suspicions (particularly the first major Flabort vote), would not be of value to your case?
[impressive how you take both sides simultaneously]
Raise your standards.  The ability to see issues on multiple "sides" and note them publicly should not be, in itself, all that impressive.
Your framing of this particular issue is interesting, though.  What makes you view Cheeetar and Flabort as the two sides of the conflict?  What makes them "both," as in all, of the sides?  What is it that is scummy about a willingness to critically examine "both sides" of an issue?  Finally, why are you stretching a statement of intent to examine Cheeetar for having caught my eye while suspecting flabort into a solid taking of "both sides" in the conflict?
The rest you just poke at a little (if at all) and answer questions/discuss the setup. The closest you get to actually hunting is when you accused Imp of doing the same thing you are: providing lots of words with little aggression.
Considering that you consider me to have taken aggressive action against six players (seven if you include Nerjin) out of the 15 non-me living players D2 and on, this "little aggression" thing and insinuation that I attack very few players is not exactly as strong as you seem to think it is.  This part of your attack is particularly unconvincing when it has already become clear that you either haven't been looking at my posts in much detail or have been omitting aggressive acts you don't want to mention for whatever reason.

But this part does make your goal in your accusation clear.  You want to flip part of my attack on Imp around, and put reaching my Imp conclusion about me above reaching an evidence-based conclusion.  Why did you prioritize flipping the attack on Imp around over making a good case?
Notably, you seem to be deliberately avoiding the stronger players (except when Cheeetar was looking like an easy lynch due to his quickhammer).
And who are you specifically referring to here?  And why are you turning a person whose attackers were already strongly dissipating by the time of my first post D2 into someone who looked like an easy lynch at the time?  And when did Imp become a weaker player?
So, who do you suspect? What are your reads?
I'll do a solid reads post and examination tomorrow, with a focus on the TolyK and MBP matters and the pushes against them.  Quick thoughts now:
*MBP is flaily and his case against Tiruin is absolutely abysmal, but I have trouble seeing scum as being that attention-grabby in such a bad way.  I lean a bit towards him being town.
*TolyK's strategic uselessness is still uselessness, but his inspect seems like it's probably legitimate.  Not sure what to think of him.  Need to squeeze more info out of him.  Get him to take actual stances and explain opinions.
*TheWetSheep... My case against Imp was weakened a bit by the arrival of an alternate explanation for the poor level of play: whatever real life stuff it is that got her to stop visiting the forum may have been interfering with her play (and certainly stopped the promised content).  However, most of the case still applies.  TheWetSheep hasn't had the chance to show much of himself yet, and cannot defend Imp, so I'm leaving this case mostly away for a bit.
Why are you only going after easy targets like some sort of opportunistic scum?
Cannot answer: invalid premise.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 04, 2014, 04:46:51 am »

Alright.  Less busy.

N3 I tried to use my transfer power to make TheWetSheep (see my issues with Imp) hand a power to Tiruin.  This failed: panic.

TolyK: You continue to leave much unexplained.  Would you be so kind as to explain why you decided to inspect me?  In addition, what is that analysis of Silthuri?  In addition, why have you decided to claim your role at this point, sort of outside of a massclaim?
Reasons for inspecting you:
- claimed role changer
- person that I find hard to read

Reasons for voting Silthuri:
- sitting on the last two mislynches (others who did this are either checked or otherwise at least partially confirmed)
- not doing anything too noticeable (i.e. staying under the radar and above inactivity)
- my gut
As I've already said twice, no concrete evidence.

Reasons for revealing part of role:
- so that people know at least partially what to expect of me
- possibly form a new night-plan

PFP, as always.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 04, 2014, 04:50:45 am »

Now, about a possible plan.
Since there was a kill last night, it's entirely possible that there will be another one under lockdown. Also, we've seen that several people already are free of "panicked" in their own way.

Jack, how exactly does your ability-move ability work?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 123