Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 242033 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1155 on: September 04, 2014, 06:15:17 am »

Here's a strange thought: TolyK has claimed investigator- without his investigative skills, Toaster locking down the whole town is useless. Why was Toaster targeted with the kill and not TolyK?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 04, 2014, 06:24:57 am »

Here's a strange thought: TolyK has claimed investigator- without his investigative skills, Toaster locking down the whole town is useless. Why was Toaster targeted with the kill and not TolyK?
Ddn't someone else vouch for Toaster before? As in, I remember TolyK's claim being {Town}{Neutral} or something like that but I also...remember someone else?

PFP exams x-x

Now, about a possible plan.
Since there was a kill last night, it's entirely possible that there will be another one under lockdown. Also, we've seen that several people already are free of "panicked" in their own way.
Which part do you affect, Toaster? The chance of success of an action or the chance of the power being removed?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 04, 2014, 06:27:59 am »

Ddn't someone else vouch for Toaster before? As in, I remember TolyK's claim being {Town}{Neutral} or something like that but I also...remember someone else?

PFP exams x-x

I have no doubt Toaster is third party- I believe 4maskwolf received TolyK's investigative results because of [unknown reasons (?)] and confirmed that. What I am confused about is why Toaster was targeted with the kill- he's the part of this combo with the revive, and it'd be more efficient to just kill TolyK if you could get past panic.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 04, 2014, 06:34:42 am »

Urgh, no, I'm an idiot- 4maskwolf received somebody's rolecop investigations, not alignment investigations. No idea of anybody else confirming Toaster being third party, but I find it hard to believe he'd claim survivor as scum.
I've played some mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 04, 2014, 06:40:59 am »

By the way, what I would find suspicious about myself would be the fact that I only found town (only redeeming factor is 3-party Toaster, and even then I could be scum investigator), that I'm being secretive on many accounts, and that some of my information (namely, Flabort/Toaster mixup) appears to change due to circumstances. Did I miss anything?

As far as I remember, Tiruin, I'm the only one - the vouching was for his graverob ability.

Also, Toaster, why didn't you remove my panicked state? (My guess: You either aren't convinced I'm town or you want to have options in terms of who to win with).

I'm also confused as to why I wasn't killed. Possible explanations:
- Scum kill, and they think Toaster is more of a threat or want to scare him into coordinating less with the town
- SK kill, in which case the lack of mafia kills and the whole locked situation thing hurt their chances of winning
- Scum or SK kill, and I've mistakenly labeled a scum or SK as town (godfather or redirect in case of those who I investigated, or I said they are "most likely town")
- Someone protected me and there was only one kill, or actions targeting me went to Toaster, etc.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 04, 2014, 06:53:44 am »

Cheetar, you are wrong. Tiruin fired the panic, and Toaster is makign it stick. Tiruin is not necessary anymore, it's toaster that make the blocks.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 04, 2014, 07:07:09 am »

Cheetar, you are wrong. Tiruin fired the panic, and Toaster is makign it stick. Tiruin is not necessary anymore, it's toaster that make the blocks.

Yes, hence why I was talking about TolyK and not Tiruin.
I've played some mafia.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 04, 2014, 09:03:30 am »

TolyK: Answer my questions.

Based on that... Silthuri for now, though not necessary my final vote.

That's based on this post?

Discussion piece, people voting each lynchee for the first 3 day. I'm not posting Flabort vote-ato, and 1st day was pre-empted.

Day 1 -  Jack A T, TolyK, Shakerag, Cheeetar,
Day 2 -  Cheeetar, Nerjin, Persus13, Scripten, Jack A T, Imp, Silthuri, 4maskwolf, notquitethere,
Day 3 -  Toaster, Silthuri, Nerjin, Cheeetar, Scripten

Slashed are dead, probably missed 1-2 of those there due to name changes, feel free to modify

Why Silthuri? She was on two of the lynches, but so were Nerjin, Scripten, and Jack A T. Cheeetar was on three.
TolyK:
The sooner everyone claims the sooner I can say who I inspected.
Is it because you need to know what people are to fabricate an inspect result?

What did you claim your role to be? You have an alignment-inspect and an action inspect?

Reasons for voting Silthuri:
- sitting on the last two mislynches (others who did this are either checked or otherwise at least partially confirmed)
Nerjin, Scripten, and Cheeetar are checked or partially confirmed?

Jack:
TheWetSheep: Why Philanthropy on IronyOwl?
Philanthropy because I had no choice, IronyOwl because I didn't have much of a read on anyone and his play seemed pretty solid. I didn't spend a lot of time making the decision because it was going to fail anyway.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 04, 2014, 09:18:35 am »

- sitting on the last two mislynches (others who did this are either checked or otherwise at least partially confirmed)
- not doing anything too noticeable (i.e. staying under the radar and above inactivity)
- my gut
As I've already said twice, no concrete evidence.

Fair enough. It's just that the way you said it made it seem like you'd inspected me. So where was Nerjin partially confirmed? Is this because of his pardon power? Or is it just that I'm the one the farthest away from any sort of confirmation?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 04, 2014, 09:57:03 am »

TolyK: Answer my questions.
As if I'm not answering them?

Based on that... Silthuri for now, though not necessary my final vote.

That's based on this post?

Discussion piece, people voting each lynchee for the first 3 day. I'm not posting Flabort vote-ato, and 1st day was pre-empted.

Day 1 -  Jack A T, TolyK, Shakerag, Cheeetar,
Day 2 -  Cheeetar, Nerjin, Persus13, Scripten, Jack A T, Imp, Silthuri, 4maskwolf, notquitethere,
Day 3 -  Toaster, Silthuri, Nerjin, Cheeetar, Scripten

Slashed are dead, probably missed 1-2 of those there due to name changes, feel free to modify

Why Silthuri? She was on two of the lynches, but so were Nerjin, Scripten, and Jack A T. Cheeetar was on three.
Yes, that post.
I still stand that Silthuri has been trying to stay under the radar and above the rocky ground.

But really.
It was answered already (see your own quote).

TolyK:
The sooner everyone claims the sooner I can say who I inspected.
Is it because you need to know what people are to fabricate an inspect result?

What did you claim your role to be? You have an alignment-inspect and an action inspect?
[/quote]
I had an alignment investigation, now I have a role name/ability investigation. The action inspect was a bonus for the last-time use.
Nerjin, Scripten, and Cheeetar are checked or partially confirmed?
No, I am wrong in that count then.
Also, is Silthuri your scum buddy?

Still PFP.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 04, 2014, 10:00:20 am »

- not doing anything too noticeable (i.e. staying under the radar and above inactivity)
- my gut
As I've already said twice, no concrete evidence.

Fair enough. It's just that the way you said it made it seem like you'd inspected me. So where was Nerjin partially confirmed? Is this because of his pardon power? Or is it just that I'm the one the farthest away from any sort of confirmation?
That was intentional, to see if you'd jump to claim something about an investigation-changing action or whatnot.
Yes, Nerjin is less likely to be scum for that reason.
The vote was also a reaction-testing vote. I still don't know what to make out of it, though, and that part was more or less an afterthought.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 04, 2014, 12:41:47 pm »

I'm noticing that Cheetar seems to hang towards the easy lynches. He was on all of them and I'm relatively certain he expressed concern over someone else on Day 3 other than Toaster and Varee... I dunno. His reasoning seems a bit weak but I won't have time to really dig into this until tomorrow.

But for now I'm going to say Cheetar.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 04, 2014, 02:55:09 pm »

It may be an unblockable neutral as well. Just because they are aligned against what looks to be a survivor role doesn't mean they are aligned against us.

If they are not explicitely Town, then they are not to be trusted. Again, nothing prevents them to betray town if it's not in their wincon, and they should do whats best for themselves. Altruism is not something that happens in Mafia

As for you Jack

Giving a complete such a power to a townie while giving Scum a way to bypass is kind of a sucking gift. ''you can sue this but it'll totally suck for everyone but scum'' kind. It's ratehr hard for me to put it in word, it's like a Kaizo trap.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 04, 2014, 03:07:10 pm »

Okay let me see if we can’t get it through your fucking third grader skull. Your argument fucking sucks and it will always suck. Analyzing something based on just a power does NOT WORK! We have explained this over and over again! You don’t get it! Shut the fuck up or present a different case! God damn it I am so fucking tired of you getting on here and saying “This power only makes sense for scum. Obviously everyone else is dumb so I’ll just keep saying it over and over until they believe me.”

It wasn’t a convincing argument then! It’s not a convincing argument now. DO SOMETHING ELSE! Your moronic strategy of waiting for everyone to see your brilliance obviously isn’t working. Maybe because YOUR CASE SUCKS! BUILD A NEW GOD DAMN CASE!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 04, 2014, 03:08:42 pm »

Aint talking to you, Nerji-kun

Calm down.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 123