Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241787 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2014, 05:25:05 pm »

4maskwolf, the emotes aren't a posting restriction are they?
*tilts head to side*

I'm uncertain as to why it matters.  Are post restrictions a major thing?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2014, 05:26:51 pm »

Not really, 4mask, but I think it's pretty funny if that's what Webadict is making you do.

Why would an investigator worry about me at all? And the best thing 'we' can do right now? Huh. Interesting thought process.

In the absence of anything noteworthy. An investigator might worry about you because functionally they're useless against you- if they receive the result of scum, that information is worthless because you've already claimed miller.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2014, 05:29:41 pm »

Whoohoo! I don't have to miss the whole day, and things are looking up, too; discussions as to whether or not I have to go with the family are underway.

Only one question so far?
flabort:  If you were offered the choice, pre-game, of being a guaranteed arsonist or just taking a random role, what would you do?
Hi, I'm flabort, I don't think I've actually met you before outside discussion leading up to this specific game. If I recall, you're the person responsible for those very special roles that Webadict grumps about?
Ah, as for the question. Looking up arsonist... hmm... Well, I'd certainly shy away from being a third party, due to my experience with such being that I can't play them well. Having a kill suits my idea of how I should play, though, especially a virtually unblockable one, but I think I would go with the random role.

4mask Hypothetical: It is 4 AM, on day 2. Your brain is tired, and someone just accused you without any proof. How does your tired brain react? Do you wait for the morning to refute, or do you respond immediately?

Cheetar Hi, I don't recall playing with you before. What is your stance on "PFP Players", players who only ever seem to post from phone?

Flabort Hi. Are you POT-aDoS? No. Are you Mexi Fries? No. Curly fries? No.

Imp Hello. I hear you're a returning player? What is your impression about each player you haven't played with before?

IronyOwl Hi. Let's say you needed a replacement in some other game, and the GM had to choose from the players in THIS game. Which of the players would you want the GM to pick? Which would you least trust to take over for you?

Jack A T Mario is Busing Bowser. How does Princess Peach, who is Tiruin, react? As a Toad, how do you react?

Jiokuy If you couldn't die, ever, how would you take the most advantage of that? How would you react to a player who's role made them completely immortal?

Nerjin Who do you think would claim if they were really a Miller? Who do you think would keep it to themselves?

notquitethere What is your costume's favorite food? What is your favorite food? Did you eat the cake? What is your opinion on starch?

Persus13 Let's say you picked the Death Note for your role, and your a SK. You can kill someone each night, but you can choose for their death to come later, and you can set post restrictions on them. How do you best utilize this power? Let's say your one-shot is to switch roles with some-one, too. How do you best use that to your advantage?

Scripten How do you best make use of a multiple voting role?

Shakerag What "shakeragian" role would you recommend for each player, based on what you know of those players?

Silthuri if you had the ability to intercept any actions targeting someone, and have them affect you, based off initial impressions who would you intercept for?

Tiruin Let's say you're not a miller, but a jester. Would you still have claimed miller? What would you be doing different if you were a miller or a jester?

Toaster You get the same question Shakerag asked me. If you were offered the choice between arsonist or random role, which would you pick?

TolyK How much time does work and sleep take away from the average Mafia player? How often should a Mafia player be posting?

Varee If you were to pick a different role, knowing the alignment you would be, than the one you picked, what role would you pick for your repick?

PPE: 11 replies. OK, nobody addressed me-tato in any of them.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2014, 05:35:06 pm »

Not really, 4mask, but I think it's pretty funny if that's what Webadict is making you do.

Tiruin Let's say you're not a miller, but a jester. Would you still have claimed miller? What would you be doing different if you were a miller or a jester?
Heck no. Even if my goal is to die, I won't lie about something that has no connection to me at all or would prove any benefit to me in anyway.
I'd be aiming to live to Day 2 then probably scum it up, however my goal would be to proving a tangle to the weave of interactions so that I would in the very least aid scumhunting. Because in all cases that I'm not Mafia, I'm pro-Town. Yeah, even as a SK :V
If I was a miller I'd...claim right away that I'm a miller more on because of the many implications carried with it. Most of which I believe is better inferred than said, given the base suspicion it entails. The powers of presumption are also strong in miller claims, so if I was a miller I'd at least play best to who I am in principle as a player--doing it honestly or doing an outright lie. The threat is little and apparent if I can't be consistent.
If I was a jester (given that jesters win upon lynch)...I'd very well scumhunt beforehand, then suitably--if properly done--attract scum, and then get scum to try to catch me via subtle manipulation [generalizing here], then I'd concede to my lynch via flailing, subtly!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2014, 05:36:46 pm »

Jack A T, do you agree with my proposal?

Cheetar Hi, I don't recall playing with you before. What is your stance on "PFP Players", players who only ever seem to post from phone?

That's a thing?

Sent from my iPhone.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2014, 05:37:53 pm »

Whoohoo! I don't have to miss the whole day, and things are looking up, too; discussions as to whether or not I have to go with the family are underway.

Only one question so far?
flabort:  If you were offered the choice, pre-game, of being a guaranteed arsonist or just taking a random role, what would you do?
Hi, I'm flabort, I don't think I've actually met you before outside discussion leading up to this specific game. If I recall, you're the person responsible for those very special roles that Webadict grumps about?
Ah, as for the question. Looking up arsonist... hmm... Well, I'd certainly shy away from being a third party, due to my experience with such being that I can't play them well. Having a kill suits my idea of how I should play, though, especially a virtually unblockable one, but I think I would go with the random role.

4mask Hypothetical: It is 4 AM, on day 2. Your brain is tired, and someone just accused you without any proof. How does your tired brain react? Do you wait for the morning to refute, or do you respond immediately?

Flabort Hi. Are you POT-aDoS? No. Are you Mexi Fries? No. Curly fries? No.

Imp Hello. I hear you're a returning player? What is your impression about each player you haven't played with before?

IronyOwl Hi. Let's say you needed a replacement in some other game, and the GM had to choose from the players in THIS game. Which of the players would you want the GM to pick? Which would you least trust to take over for you?

Jack A T Mario is Busing Bowser. How does Princess Peach, who is Tiruin, react? As a Toad, how do you react?

Jiokuy If you couldn't die, ever, how would you take the most advantage of that? How would you react to a player who's role made them completely immortal?

Nerjin Who do you think would claim if they were really a Miller? Who do you think would keep it to themselves?

notquitethere What is your costume's favorite food? What is your favorite food? Did you eat the cake? What is your opinion on starch?

Persus13 Let's say you picked the Death Note for your role, and your a SK. You can kill someone each night, but you can choose for their death to come later, and you can set post restrictions on them. How do you best utilize this power? Let's say your one-shot is to switch roles with some-one, too. How do you best use that to your advantage?

Scripten How do you best make use of a multiple voting role?

Shakerag What "shakeragian" role would you recommend for each player, based on what you know of those players?

Silthuri if you had the ability to intercept any actions targeting someone, and have them affect you, based off initial impressions who would you intercept for?

Toaster You get the same question Shakerag asked me. If you were offered the choice between arsonist or random role, which would you pick?

TolyK How much time does work and sleep take away from the average Mafia player? How often should a Mafia player be posting?

Varee If you were to pick a different role, knowing the alignment you would be, than the one you picked, what role would you pick for your repick?

PPE: 11 replies. OK, nobody addressed me-tato in any of them.
*4maskwolf pokes around the post for a bit before dragging out the part relevant to him*

Erm...
Okay, semantics point here, if I'm up at four in the morning it means that I just woke up, not that I haven't had sleep.  And I'm a morning person, so...

But rephrasing it to "11 pm".  If extends are available in this hypothetical game and the day ends tomorrow, vote them, extend, and go to sleep.  If the day does not end tomorrow, vote them and go to sleep.  If there are no extends and the day ends tomorrow, yell at them, point out how stupid they are being, vote them, and go to sleep.

I get irritable when I'm tired.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2014, 05:47:10 pm »

Silthuri
Nope. I like playing as all alignments. I've only been third party once where I replaced in to die, and even that was kinda fun.
Are you implying that you're a third-party?

Tiruin, you're saying miller is fitting for your role but not appropriate? Please be clear. Also, are you claiming 'Thought' was the role you sent in to Wuba? If so, could you explain why this was given 'Miller': what is the justification?

Flabort
My costume likes food that's on a cocktail stick in a cocktail glass filled with cocktail. My favourite food is pasta but only if it's with the right kind of sauce: it has to have fried onions in it. Maybe onions are my favourite food then. I am also quite partial to the crunch of pears but I also find them a little lacking. I probably didn't eat the cake as I don't like cake. It's too rich and sweet for my tastes. I am pro-starch. Do you know what my role is yet?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »

My costume likes food that's on a cocktail stick in a cocktail glass filled with cocktail. My favourite food is pasta but only if it's with the right kind of sauce: it has to have fried onions in it. Maybe onions are my favourite food then. I am also quite partial to the crunch of pears but I also find them a little lacking. I probably didn't eat the cake as I don't like cake. It's too rich and sweet for my tastes. I am pro-starch. Do you know what my role is yet?

"THIS IS NOT crumb: I just wasting your time"

:'(
I've played some mafia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »

Tiruin:
Tiruin: Instant miller claim. Why claim so early in the game, Tiruin?
It's more of a null claim, actually.
Here in B12, I've been amongst the discussions of a 'mandatory D1 miller claim' usage and have more on been leaning that it was a neutral tell than any kind of town idea given that such incorporates either diverse planning, suspicion and psychological aspects of the player, or the consistency of the role, the dayplay and the interactions between players. I'm doing this merely to poke at an aspect of my role.

Thinking along the idea the instance of this is for investigators: I'm either town miller or scum playing miller; neutral in the aspect of having the interpretation of it to...everyone else, actually. Doesn't matter much until value is placed on it however I give it as a note for advance--given the associative value of being a miller, it will be up to those who deem my attitude connected to whatever-may-be-important-to-them as an important note.
Meaning: How you interpret this is mostly based on how you...interpret it. I'm pointing more on others' interpretations here.
But why? What made you think "Hm, because of _____, I'm going to claim Miller as my first post of the game, thereby accomplishing ______."

Cheeetar:
Idea: Lynching Tiruin is currently the best thing we can do right now- if she's miller, we save the trouble of investigator worrying about her. If she's scum, we killed a scum.
Cool, I like this plan.

What happens D2?

flabort:
Probably Jack AT and... hm. The only thing I recall about Jiokuy is that he got lynched D1 elsewhere, and I'm not familiar with Scripten at all. You're possibly not the greatest choice what with barely existing until D2.

NQT: Your malignant pro-bunny, anti-cake agenda has been noted.

Silthuri, when would you bus an ally as scum? Would that answer change as the game progressed?

Imp, do you trust Tiruin's miller claim?

Varee, would you rather have a roleblock or a kill? Follow or protect? Powerful one-shot or weak infinite use?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2014, 06:01:33 pm »

Tiruin, you're saying miller is fitting for your role but not appropriate? Please be clear. Also, are you claiming 'Thought' was the role you sent in to Wuba? If so, could you explain why this was given 'Miller': what is the justification?
>_>
Do you want me to try to outguess the mod? Because that's what I tried to do.
Do you want me to try to say 'this is how webadict made my role' instead of how I believe he interpreted it and made stuff up for it instead?

I can do that, but it'll complicate this a TON LOT MORE THAN IS EVEN NEEDED THAT WOULD BE IMPRACTICAL. With emphasis in capitals.

I mean how can you classify THOUGHT? It is affected by its surroundings! Just like me. My powers are based on the # of people alive! <_< And even there I have no idea how they connect.
Do you want me to try to explain that? You want me to get a headache huh :x

Let me ask you one thing.

Why are you so privvy about a simple miller claim? Something to think about much more than is even needed? Sure, I can understand the townie quality of curiosity but herein you aim for a concept that is short to fullclaiming? It's like you're seeing my role as I interpreted it and that webadict just followed the contours. If it would help, I only gave a theme for Web. Nothing else (other than the specifications in the OP).

It's like just because I claimed miller you've the right to wring everything out of me. And the FoS for emphasis? I don't care if I die. I care if I die to such details like these in the process, however.

Allow me to justify thought, then.
Try to philosophize how mankind, sans the usage of resources, gets its problems. Let's leave that for you, in thought.

PPE
Tiruin:
Tiruin: Instant miller claim. Why claim so early in the game, Tiruin?
It's more of a null claim, actually.
Here in B12, I've been amongst the discussions of a 'mandatory D1 miller claim' usage and have more on been leaning that it was a neutral tell than any kind of town idea given that such incorporates either diverse planning, suspicion and psychological aspects of the player, or the consistency of the role, the dayplay and the interactions between players. I'm doing this merely to poke at an aspect of my role.

Thinking along the idea the instance of this is for investigators: I'm either town miller or scum playing miller; neutral in the aspect of having the interpretation of it to...everyone else, actually. Doesn't matter much until value is placed on it however I give it as a note for advance--given the associative value of being a miller, it will be up to those who deem my attitude connected to whatever-may-be-important-to-them as an important note.
Meaning: How you interpret this is mostly based on how you...interpret it. I'm pointing more on others' interpretations here.
But why? What made you think "Hm, because of _____, I'm going to claim Miller as my first post of the game, thereby accomplishing ______."
I see it more as a way of tracking interactions. Obviously, there's the curious folk. Then there's scum who would use the shift of attention to either coast along calmly in the lack of heat, depending on the situation, and there are those which would show their attitudes at the slightest of provocation.

All it takes is a spark--the claim was a note of my role: part of it was also my interest in how others would see it, but not just because I had it.
What it is, is curiosity about you all.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »

Walls of text, already?

NQT:
AörbannF re TQN. Nägev lilt aidjm nim dit.

I'll have a larger more serious post up in the near future.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2014, 06:05:03 pm »

Walls of text, already?
You try explaining miller in reference to your role and outguessing the mod that way. :v

NQT:
AörbannF re TQN. Nägev lilt aidjm nim dit.
:'( I thought you were Canadian.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »

Cheeetar:
Idea: Lynching Tiruin is currently the best thing we can do right now- if she's miller, we save the trouble of investigator worrying about her. If she's scum, we killed a scum.
Cool, I like this plan.

What happens D2?

We'll have all of Day 1 and Night 1 to make some informed decision off of. Do note: I'd prefer a much longer day than just us lynching Tiruin right now, but I do see it as our current best plan.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2014, 06:19:01 pm »

Cheeetar:
Cool, I like this plan.

What happens D2?

We'll have all of Day 1 and Night 1 to make some informed decision off of. Do note: I'd prefer a much longer day than just us lynching Tiruin right now, but I do see it as our current best plan.
You'd do well to expound on that 'plan' Cheeetar. There's so much more out there and you're leaving that space unclaimed by the label of 'best'.

PFP

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »

Ah. The best possible outcome for the day is for it to last long enough for scum to incriminate themselves (or at least for every, everyone to post enough to get a read on them,) and us to lynch a scum at the end. If we can't lynch a scum, the second best option is to lynch somebody who could be troublesome to town- third party roles or perhaps a miller.

I haven't quite seen anybody openly scummy yet, but I look with great suspicion on the miller claim- worst case scenario a miller's gone. The current plan is to lead a lynch against you after getting everybody's opinions. Their agreement/disagreement/neutrality, as well as the reasons they give for it, will be a very valuable thing to town regardless of the outcome of the plan.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 123