Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 238122 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 6: All Hail Nerjin?
« Reply #1545 on: September 20, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »

TolyK (who was lynched day 5) claimed to have investigated Jack A T and received town. Neither of our two people with protects protected him. That's a bit frustrating to be honest :(
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 20, 2014, 09:00:47 pm »

TolyK (who was lynched day 5) claimed to have investigated Jack A T and received town. Neither of our two people with protects protected him. That's a bit frustrating to be honest :(
....Damnit >_>

Tiruin:
Something is messing with the lynch, in the least. Toaster: Why is the Auto not [REDACTED].
Next: Considering TOlyK's and my communication D1, it'd be REAL weird that the Filler Ability is an...Auto. And its predispositioned for stealing rather than anything else--I was the one who received that thing early in the game and...nobody is commenting on it for today?

Maybe you should read TolyK's auto again.  (Hint:  His power trumped mine)

Cheeetar:  The only thing I haven't claimed is my other starting auto; I am immune to auto abilities as long as I don't action.  As such, I opted not to action last night, given that whole "totally interested in survival" thing.

(Auto) Filler Ability: If a player would steal one of your abilities, instead give them a dummy ability named Filler Ability. Every Cycle, they have a 50% chance to lose an ability while they have Filler Ability.
It has no mention of anything towards you or towards itself.
Also why isn't it REDACTED?
Also why isn't anyone poking me on ;stealing' TolyK's thingy here?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 20, 2014, 09:02:57 pm »

I don't care what you think. He's scum. He has to be. No one would pursue such a shit case, have such shit play, and be such an all around unpleasant person to play with.

Besides, you already think I'm scum so I don't really care how you view my actions.
What if he was Town, Nerjin?
Consider the idea if he was town? Where would your allegations be placed? :-\

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 20, 2014, 09:03:09 pm »

Jack forcing TolyK to give you an ability probably counts as an "ability theft" action. Toaster's steal-auto-on-death also probably counts as an "ability theft" action.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 20, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »

Tiruin:  The defensive part of TolyK's ability triggered and gave me the useless ability that you got, not the full ability he had.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 20, 2014, 09:27:27 pm »

Also, TolyK was a fool to lead us on and make us think he was a full strength cop; the Lockdown plan would have failed from the start.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 20, 2014, 09:38:03 pm »

Unvote

Hours later and I'm calmed down now. I still want that bastard dead though.

I will full-claim in the follow up post.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 20, 2014, 09:40:22 pm »

I ain't a bastard. I'm from the canadian ghetto. Life's rough up here. Yesterday i only had a quint of maple syrup for my crepes.

Those things drive you up the wall.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 20, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »

Hello America, this is your president, John Henry Eden, here to tell you a story. Specifically, the story of what I can do as your president. I have, obviously, the ability that all of my forebearers have had. The ability to Pardon. I am the highest level of law in the capital wasteland and, if the situation arises, I am able to expunge all crimes of the pardonee. For that day, and that one day only, they are unable to be lynched by a vote so long as I do so before a hammer, it turns out. A dead pardonee is still dead, you see.

This leads me to my second point... Martial Law. When things have become dire I may be forced to enact Martial Law causing myself to be the only player able to vote. It is for use only in dire situations obviously and I can't claim it until it has occurred. As we speak Enclave Soldiers have begun surrounding the area, waiting only for my orders. Or so I had thought. It would appear that some people still have the ability to vote and over-ride my decision.

Sweet sweet America, I have done all that I have done in an effort to better our situation. I only hope that you can forgive me if all goes wrong.

For Freedom. For America... For the Enclave.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 20, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »

Hey, its that guy from Fallout!
Now I only have to finish the game. Hmph.

So what we're seeing is a day-action, and a presumable one-shot?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 20, 2014, 10:26:28 pm »

Night action actually and, yes, it is a one-shot. I guess I prep it at night and orders go out in the morning or something. But I can't be too sure. All I know is that I choose to do it at night.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 20, 2014, 11:26:13 pm »

I think our best chance of nailing scum at the moment is voting for Silthuri. I'm not going to vote her just yet because we have more to discuss today, but... the whole coasting along and never making any significant arguments thing is irksome. Plus, we're not going after a 'high-profile twit' as Jack called it, because Silthuri's been pretty much inconspicuous.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 21, 2014, 12:23:06 am »

I think our best chance of nailing scum at the moment is voting for Silthuri. I'm not going to vote her just yet because we have more to discuss today, but... the whole coasting along and never making any significant arguments thing is irksome. Plus, we're not going after a 'high-profile twit' as Jack called it, because Silthuri's been pretty much inconspicuous.
Why Silthuri, though, of all people?

Looking back at TolyK--I'm still lost on what Toaster's hinting on order and such (sorry Toaster ._. Please restate).
And how he actually shifted the lynch, seeing the roleflip.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 21, 2014, 01:21:53 am »

I have absolutely no idea why TolyK claimed to be able to shift the lynch. Maybe Varee did hit him with his house building thing at some point, and that's just not shown on the roleflip?

Silthuri because Jack was suspicious of her, and I'm so very hesitant to want to lynch somebody else.

Other reads:
One of my top suspects was Nerjin, due to how passionate he was being about this game, and that I didn't really agree (or disagree, largely) with some of the things he's been saying. His more detached moments are very clear and towny seeming, however, and I found myself very agreeable with him in his thoughts during the earlier parts of the game.
Mysteriousbluepuppet is too clueless and ineffectual (sorry! But you really have been missing a lot of things that seem evident to me) to be scum- he would have friends in scumchat to yell at him to do different things if he were scum.
I'm not going to lynch Tiruin, because then I'd lose (or become town ally? Gonna PM Webadict about that, should have before >.>)
Toaster is Toaster. Whatever alignment he is, it's not scum, and right now we need him to kill the scum.
Urist, while forgetful, is fairly convincing as Town.

But wait:
TWS! Concerned that he'll be one of the people voting with me and Nerjin. Would very much like to see how he still has a vote- it wasn't anything in the role he's claimed, so he might have fakeclaimed earlier. Actually, he might be a good candidate for a lynch as well. Thoughts?
I've played some mafia.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 21, 2014, 01:17:45 pm »

Hail to the King, baby. Heh heh. Gods I hate that guy, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title. Look what you've done to me, Nerjin.  :P

Anyway, fullclaim time.

I am Jack Sparrow. I am a survivor.

The one-shot I've spoken about before is the ability to steal the vote of one person permanently. I have not used this ability because I did not find a worthy target before the lockdown and haven't tried to use it since.

I also have another one-shot that allows me to gain as many votes as there are on me to use how I will. I obviously haven't used this because it hasn't been an issue.

I also have an auto that grants me two votes. I didn't use this ever because of the stuff it would have stirred up.

I may also revive once upon death. Again, never used because I haven't died.

My situation with Toaster: being a survivor myself, I'm suspicious of him. This is one of my main reasons for being very wary of him but I was hesitant to state this. I really don't like his horde of powers because it does scream SK to me. So my suspicions of Toaster stems quite a bit from my own role.

I'd like to hear TWS's reasons why he wasn't affected by Martial Law. Currently, he seems like a good candidate for the lynch. There's nothing in his role that would have protected him and no one thus far has claimed to have protected him. I would love to hear the explanation though.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 123