Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241721 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2014, 11:40:47 pm »

@__@
All the pooosts.
Will post soon!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 12, 2014, 12:35:25 am »

Read through stuff! Yay!

First the answering of questions.

Varee:
so whoever feel like they have time to give opinion: What do you think is lying too much. Is saying your internet broke down to avoid answering question?

That's abuse of trust. If you say you're having a bad time in RL, we're all inclined to believe that you're legitimately having problems. It allows those having a few issues to remain in the game and not have others scream scum because they've been absent or their posts haven't had the content they should. Please avoid lying about these things.

Imp:
Silthuri:  You mentioned you are bad with RVS questions, and that you're so far just skimming through posts to catch questions addressed to you, though you did mention you'd reread Sunday.

How will you know when we leave the RVS stage, what marks that change to you?

RVS always ends when people find solid evidence to latch on to. The atmosphere usually becomes more serious.

Flabort:
Silthuri How do you plan to use your role to it's full potential? How do you plan on using the day game to your best advantage?
I don't really know. My powers are things unlike I've ever experienced before. I'll use the day game to hone in on the scum. If anyone else were rolfishing so obviously, I'd vote them into next week.

Nerjin:
Unvote.
Right now, I would like hear EVERYONE'S number one suspect aside from the person you are voting and why. Just to see who is who in this situation.
I will answer this tomorrow morning, along with posting my reads. I've got most my notes written down on paper but have run out of energy tonight to type them. 300 posts is a lot to sort through...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 12, 2014, 07:14:22 am »

Got a few unanswered questions, Nerjin.

Nerjin, are there any players you've seen as acting suspicious apart from 4maskwolf? Any possible communist sympathisers?

Nerjin, was your vice president a cake?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 12, 2014, 09:00:56 am »

All

Flabort is in line for the lynch. A cursory glance at the lurker tracker shows he's the second highest poster of the day and has voted a whole raft of different suspects. On the broad-brush level, perfectly reasonable Day 1 play. Here are three better lynch candidates than Flabort:

Varee - very few amount of posts, no suspicions
Toaster - even fewer posts, never voted
Silthuri - only three posts, not currently voting.

If you don't press cases, you can't lynch scum. Flabort is not the scummiest player, we should be voting for a likelier candidate.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 12, 2014, 09:18:06 am »

Silthuri:
Flabort:
Silthuri How do you plan to use your role to it's full potential? How do you plan on using the day game to your best advantage?
I don't really know. My powers are things unlike I've ever experienced before. I'll use the day game to hone in on the scum. If anyone else were rolfishing so obviously, I'd vote them into next week.

"If anyone else were rolfishing so obviously, I'd vote them into next week."
Why have you made a unique exception in this case?

Nerjin:

Remember this?

Spoiler: notquitethere (click to show/hide)

NQT did not respond to your comments or answer your question.  You didn't follow up.  Why not?

notquitethere:
Why didn't you react to Nerjin's concerns, quoted in my question to him in this post?

A cursory glance at the lurker tracker
Both lurker trackers I know of (think, ZU) are throwing errors.  Would you offer link to a functional tracker?

Spoiler: My reads: (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 12, 2014, 09:27:02 am »

Right now, I would like hear EVERYONE'S number one suspect aside from the person you are voting and why. Just to see who is who in this situation.

4maskwolf, because of how I feel when I interact with him/watch him interact.  As explained in 'my reads', previous post above.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59:11 am »

Silthuri:
Flabort:

"If anyone else were rolfishing so obviously, I'd vote them into next week."
Why have you made a unique exception in this case?
Because it's me rolefishing, and I've made it clear in previous games that that's part of what I do.
I still occasionally get in trouble for it, but I've been doing it so consistently that it seems Silthuri has given up arguing with me over whether it helps find scum or not (It does).
Although in this case, I wasn't really looking for her role, but what she intends to do with it; use it aggressively/wildly, or hold back and look for appropriate targets.
Silthuri:  Only 3 posts so far.
IronyOwl:  Low post count; 3 posts so far.
This is interesting to note, though. I think we should work to encourage them to talk more.

IronyOwl Do you have a plan to get the scum? I've seen good ideas for mass-claiming plans from you before, and non-claiming plans. Have you had a flash of genius?

Silthuri Looking back on the discussion about Tiruin and Miller, what do you think of the way Cheeetar was behaving? Do you think his behavior has changed since? Is Shakerag's behavior any different before and after he latched onto me as a target?

Imp Do you think it's possible that some player's behaviors could be explained by them having a day-use power? If so, which players?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 12, 2014, 10:10:48 am »

That said, TolyK, I wasn't only talking about your vote. You've been sheeping pretty hard these last two pages. Maybe it's just how fast and intense this game is feeling. Could you summarize your feelings on Flabort and those who are voting him alongside you?
The main problem is indeed the speed of the game - I just can't keep up with all the players' posts, and concentrating on things that tickle my scummeter.

Most of my case on Flabort:
flabort, why are you giving your role name away to people (slowly but surely)?
Because it's fun.
This is obviously not a satisfactory answer, since you typically play to win as well, and this could be detrimental to that fact.

PPE: Also, rolefishing as a playstyle is something that you should try to learn not to do, flabort. If you keep saying "I rolefish and can't do anything about it" you can quite well turn out to be a policy lynch.

4mask (who later unvoted) is the person who is also setting off alarm bells with strange content. He did so in the beginning of the game, saying he was "not really wanting to play the game" and the like.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 12, 2014, 11:00:04 am »

So so? Everybody! We got your opinion about who is the most scummiest/communist player/cakestealer is now who do you think deserve a new house? We can build it but who should get it? President doesnt seem interested in this offer so is there anyone we should help. It a unstopable urge to build and contruct that need to be fulfill.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 12, 2014, 11:05:30 am »

New house? What?

I suddenly feel that I might have missed a LOT.
Or Varee is drunk, either way.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2014, 11:07:29 am »

am not drunk D:< I just really need to build someone a new house tonight. :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 12, 2014, 11:15:32 am »

Imp
I'm not used to spotting my name in spoiler tags and I simply missed Nerjin's response. Thanks for bringing it to my attention: in a game with so many people, it's easy to miss things.

The Zombie Tracker is fixed: make sure you check the box to clear the database when you use it.

Nerjin
Mr. NQT, I have to say I'm disappointed. You are reaching far beyond what a normal, innocent, man would ever dare to. What, exactly, in this post claimed her as Third Party?
She openly mentioned having 3rd party roles before. It's quite common for 3rd parties to indirectly out themselves through their preoccupations.

Varee, what are the effects of said house?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2014, 11:19:30 am »

am not drunk D:< I just really need to build someone a new house tonight. :P
I'd like to know more about this house. Is it a power boost? A lasting-doctor effect? A you-cannot-be-targeted-but-neither-can-you-target-anyone-or-post-for-a-round effect?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:06 am »

The beauty o said house is that the benefit totally depend on the owner of the house. That is o reason I was building president the house and hope he use it as a safe house or something. Dont want to build a smuggler den or secret armory right?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2014, 11:26:49 am »

Greetings America. This is your President, Nerjin, speaking. Let's have a talk.

@Cheetar

Got a few unanswered questions, Nerjin.

I cannot remember everything. Thank, however, for bringing these to my attention. Let us answer them.

Nerjin, are there any players you've seen as acting suspicious apart from 4maskwolf? Any possible communist sympathisers?

Currently? Flabort. For reasons I already explained. Also, I find that NQT is acting strangely. He slipped away from my mind for a while but now that he's back in my mind I find his recent comments unnerving. But we'll talk more about that later.

Nerjin, was your vice president a cake?

Vice President V. Nilla Frosting will be missed. However, my role did not say specifically that he was my Vice President. I took that an ran with it for purposes of making these chats a little more entertaining.

@Imp

Nerjin:

Remember this?

Spoiler: notquitethere (click to show/hide)

NQT did not respond to your comments or answer your question.  You didn't follow up.  Why not?

For two simple reasons. The first, and most shameful, is that I simply forgot. That leads to the second though. He stopped doing it. It was suspicious, yes, but he stopped so I chalked it up to a bad day or some other such thing. As it stands I view what he did as more of a Null-Leanscum than a Scum movement.

@NotQuiteThere

Everyone on Flabort's Case, he's engaged, he's voting people and posting: is he really the best Day 1 lynch candidate?

True, he is engaged. However, he is engaged with statements such as:

This is why I'm fascinated and frustrated with the Bay12 standard of asking questions instead of shooting blindly from the hip. It does make the game more balanced, but it's difficult to actually be effective. Even harder to blend in and not be noticed, too.

Because it's me rolefishing, and I've made it clear in previous games that that's part of what I do.

He gets on Persus's case for getting on scripten's case (protective of scripten, or protecting persus from bandwagoning?).

Wherein he is getting on Shakerag's case for getting on Persus' Case for getting on Scripten's case.

Plus in several other posts [including the one just now mentioned] he relies very heavily on accusations that are missing steps:

He says that the night game consists of just sending in an action or not; clearly someone who'd pretty lazy about their night game. Very little thought at all as to who to target, like they don't care; that's pretty scummy.

Shakerag does not view the night game as particularly strong or weak. [Logic is missing]. Therefore Shake is lazy about their night game. [Reasons that Scum are lazy about their night game]. Therefore Shake is scummy.

I would like to point out that every scumchat I've read has had rather large discussion on who to use their ability on. I have NEVER seen scum kill at random. No. Scum have strong night play. Yes, Flabort's accusations sound scary. But they have no substance.

Lastly, he also, early on, relied overly much on saying very little. The posts I read had a significant amount of talk of camping.

However, as you mentioned, he does seem interested in the game. Thus, he is my secondary pick though barely.

What I find interesting is that you seem to be saying that simply being active is enough to make anyone not scum. I know your little tendency to think that the highest posting person isn't scum but... Surely you see that quality should also be taken into account.

That’s all for now America and remember: The cost of Liberty, is constant vigilance.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 123