Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 238108 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2014, 03:59:16 pm »

Extend.  A review on Flabort isn't turning up what I expected.  That said...

Flabort:
I also actually suspect him of building questions to which there is no right answer in order to cause a mislynch. I've accused Tiruin of that before, in previous games, and I feel very justified in voting Shakerag for it now.

Can you show a few of those questions?  Ideally with him voting over the answer?

PPE2: Toaster, eh? OK, that's a weird answer. If you don't prod someone into doing something, then they haven't done it. So if you do prod them into doing something, then it's your fault that they did it, right? I don't quite understand how you came to your conclusion.
Also, yeah, I guess he should be wary of redirections, but so should anyone.

An example will help:

PlayerA:  Hey PlayerB, why aren't you voting anyone?
PlayerB: *votes someone* Sure I am!

The buildup that got PlayerA's attention is still there.

Yeah, I want to help out. Help confirm whether you are town or not.
Oh, and FYI, don't build me specifically a house, it won't do anything.
Who do I think needs a new house?

I'm partial to saying Tiruin, but with the Miller claim, we can't know for sure if that's a good idea.
So perhaps Toaster would be an excellent candidate. Since nobody's confirmed anyways, we could go with the reputedly hardest person to confirm.
I believe that the way your power and mine might interact will confirm all three of us as one alignment or the other; you, me, our target.
That all depends on what toaster says about that plan, though. If he rejects it, due to not trusting either of us or his auto possibly interacting with either power, we can target someone else.

While I'm not opposed to beneficial actions being used on me, I fail to see how this confirms anyone of anything.

Oh, and I even see an opportunity to tie the vote and cause a no-lynch. I won't do that, though, because I value town's right to a flip. However, you won't get one if you continue to vote me anyways, so *shrug* why not pursue some target that can die? You can't kill a potato. Grind it up? It just grows from a piece of an eye. And that plant creates more potatoes. I'm afraid there's no point to voting me.

Now this is a rather forward claim.

Shakerag:
Technically, didn't Toaster claim medical reasons?

Again, that excuse died Saturday.  Any lack of posts after that, feel free to blame me for.

Anyway, Flabort I couldn't find anything conclusive one way or the other.  Need to do some more rereading, starting with NQT and TolyK.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:02 pm »

Hello, Flabort, this is your president, Nerjin, addressing you directly.

Oh, and I even see an opportunity to tie the vote and cause a no-lynch. I won't do that, though, because I value town's right to a flip. However, you won't get one if you continue to vote me anyways, so *shrug* why not pursue some target that can die? You can't kill a potato. Grind it up? It just grows from a piece of an eye. And that plant creates more potatoes. I'm afraid there's no point to voting me.

So you are claiming to be immune to lynching AND it seems like you might be indicating a cult of sorts. Could you discuss these claims in more detail?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »

Oh yeah, Nerjin.  Meant to say I at first thought he was posting as he was to hide him not doing anything, then I saw the content.  Then it was I thought he was posting that way to make it just hard to read his posts, but I haven't seen any malicious activity from him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »

Extend.
Oh, yeah, those exist.
Extend.

Extend.  A review on Flabort isn't turning up what I expected.  That said...

Flabort:
I also actually suspect him of building questions to which there is no right answer in order to cause a mislynch. I've accused Tiruin of that before, in previous games, and I feel very justified in voting Shakerag for it now.

Can you show a few of those questions?  Ideally with him voting over the answer?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Similar questions might be "Why did I investigate you as scum, scum?", and "How come you're not voting a claimed doctor?".
I'm sorry I can't answer this question to the full degree that you seem to expect, but I'm not sure how best to answer it.
PPE2: Toaster, eh? OK, that's a weird answer. If you don't prod someone into doing something, then they haven't done it. So if you do prod them into doing something, then it's your fault that they did it, right? I don't quite understand how you came to your conclusion.
Also, yeah, I guess he should be wary of redirections, but so should anyone.

An example will help:

PlayerA:  Hey PlayerB, why aren't you voting anyone?
PlayerB: *votes someone* Sure I am!

The buildup that got PlayerA's attention is still there.[/quot]
OK, I see. Just because someone prods you into doing something, doesn't mean you weren't doing something else.
Yeah, I want to help out. Help confirm whether you are town or not.
Oh, and FYI, don't build me specifically a house, it won't do anything.
Who do I think needs a new house?

I'm partial to saying Tiruin, but with the Miller claim, we can't know for sure if that's a good idea.
So perhaps Toaster would be an excellent candidate. Since nobody's confirmed anyways, we could go with the reputedly hardest person to confirm.
I believe that the way your power and mine might interact will confirm all three of us as one alignment or the other; you, me, our target.
That all depends on what toaster says about that plan, though. If he rejects it, due to not trusting either of us or his auto possibly interacting with either power, we can target someone else.

While I'm not opposed to beneficial actions being used on me, I fail to see how this confirms anyone of anything.
OK, then it's settled.
Also, OK, I guess it doesn't confirm anything, but it should reveal more information about all three parties.

Now this is a rather forward claim.
What does it tell you? What is your interpretation of this?
I'm pretty sure I breadcrumbed this claim earlier? I forget.
Anyway, Flabort I couldn't find anything conclusive one way or the other.  Need to do some more rereading, starting with NQT and TolyK.
You do that. I'll just be mourning a great mind. :(

Hello, Flabort, this is your president, Nerjin, addressing you directly.

So you are claiming to be immune to lynching AND it seems like you might be indicating a cult of sorts. Could you discuss these claims in more detail?
I was not indicating a cult. I was indicating that I cannot die. And yeah, I'm pretty immune to lynching; not that specific wording, but the effect is the same.
"And that plant creates more potatoes" is just an indication of my flavor. I have so many potatoes, I have no idea what to do with them all. It just refers to if you try to kill me, I'll just come back.

Oh yeah, Nerjin.  Meant to say I at first thought he was posting as he was to hide him not doing anything, then I saw the content.  Then it was I thought he was posting that way to make it just hard to read his posts, but I haven't seen any malicious activity from him.
Hidden messages? There might be some clue in his sign-offs.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2014, 04:18:34 pm »

Oops. Formatting failure. The above without broken [quot] tag after the break:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2014, 04:25:55 pm »

Fine, Jack, if you're right about me being scum, then what does that say about Cheeetar?
First I try to bus him and then I try to distance myself is how I would see it from your flawed perspective.
flabort: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  Please clarify.

Again, early game lack of participation was out of my hands. I was distracted by the whole camping issue, I had no time to knuckle down and focus. You'll also notice my activity was down from earlier in the CYOM of NQT's during this period, I think. I was still active, but I was talking more about queued actions and stuff.
You were able to be active enough to throw a bunch of posts around and answer questions, but not enough to do much scumhunting after your short Cheeetar engagement?

How dare Shakerag not be a weekend player!?!
OK, so shakerag's absences are excusable. But by that logic, no-body being absent matters. Jiokuy being absent doesn't matter. And if low activity doesn't matter, high activity doesn't matter. And by that logic, my low activity followed by high activity doesn't matter. I still get to think that shakerag's active lurking if you think that that matters.
...what is this?  There's a difference between a sub-24 hour absence or weekend absence (which are quite common and expected) and an extended absence (which is lurking), and there's a difference between posting content and not posting content.  This bit from you is, to be frank, nonsense.

Is there a reason you're spinning a non-issue to look as bad as possible and omitting an inconvenient fact that would interfere with your case?
Does everything in that post have to be an issue? I was going over everything he's done. Not everything he's done is bad. But he has done bad things, and is pinging "scum" like crazy to me.
...You just said the gaps were an issue.  You just argued that an effort to excuse those absences was wrong (I think).  In addition, the weekend gap and the rolefishing accusation you specifically emphasized with italics.  Why, if not to attack Shakerag?

And?  Again, why haven't you been trying to improve your read/get evidence?  Why go beyond abandoning a flawed-looking case and outright abandon your suspect?  Why leave him so completely that you even forgot about your vote?
Because he's not my prime suspect.
So?  I understand that Cheeetar is no longer your prime suspect.  Merely your second-strongest suspect.  So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that you have strategic reasons for focusing just on your prime suspect and avoiding your second-strongest suspect.  But again, why, during the extended period after you completely abandoned Cheeetar but before I voted you, did you not try to gain more information on him?  Why so completely abandon him?

Because what can I do to improve my read or get evidence without being accused of something else now?
Do not use me or your other attackers as an excuse not to improve your read or get evidence.  Why do you care so much about how your attackers would view efforts to scumhunt?  Why are you letting that interfere with your scumhunting?

Alright, I understand the non-flipping, reviving stuff, but what do you mean by the "that plant creates more potatoes" part? PPE: Alright.

One last thing: any response to Shakerag's recent post about you?  (I can see how you might have missed it, with it being the last post of a 25 or 50 post page).

Not changing my vote: quite late in the day and I'm not doing last-minute vote screwy stuff.

Spoiler: Off topic (click to show/hide)

Seriously, people, we could really use an extension.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2014, 04:32:52 pm »

Extend. Larger post hopefully later today.

If the extend fails to go through. Flabort, you are not going to tie up the vote and cause a No Lynch. If you are unlynchable as you claim, you'd survive it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2014, 04:48:04 pm »

I'm okay with extending.

Jack A T:
Shakerag: You have stated that you suspect NQT for his behaviour with regard to flabort.  What do you think a town NQT would do differently?
I guess I have a mental image of NQT being a bit more analytical than just saying we shouldn't vote a player because he's really active.  It just feels a bit off that he's not giving something a bit more concrete as to why we should let flabort off the hook.  Or some kind of game-by-game analysis of flabort's playing style or something. 

flabort:
OK, so shakerag's absences are excusable. But by that logic, no-body being absent matters. Jiokuy being absent doesn't matter. And if low activity doesn't matter, high activity doesn't matter. And by that logic, my low activity followed by high activity doesn't matter. I still get to think that shakerag's active lurking if you think that that matters.
How do you even go from one person having an excusable absence to absences don't matter?  I can't even begin to follow your reasoning for that, let alone the rest of the paragraph.

However, you won't get one if you continue to vote me anyways, so *shrug* why not pursue some target that can die? You can't kill a potato. Grind it up? It just grows from a piece of an eye. And that plant creates more potatoes. I'm afraid there's no point to voting me.
Oh well, gee, I guess we'll just not vote flabort for the rest of the game because he claimed unlynchable/a resurrect.  You realize that these kinds of claims never end well, right?

Silthuri:
Can you point out specific things to me that said to you "Cheeetar is full of shit and is scum" as opposed to "Cheeetar is mistaken about things related to millers and night actions"?  Because I'm not seeing it myself.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2014, 04:48:23 pm »

Extnd.
cannot post good content at this time.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2014, 04:49:47 pm »

Extend too.
x_x is me.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2014, 05:07:39 pm »

Extend. Larger post hopefully later today.

If the extend fails to go through. Flabort, you are not going to tie up the vote and cause a No Lynch. If you are unlynchable as you claim, you'd survive it.
Part of the reason I didn't vote varee. Who I don't suspect in the slightest anyways.

Fine, Jack, if you're right about me being scum, then what does that say about Cheeetar?
First I try to bus him and then I try to distance myself is how I would see it from your flawed perspective.
flabort: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  Please clarify.
If you think I'm scum, if I flip scum, then you'll have to go back and reevaluate all my interactions.
It would be easy to assume, I assume, from your perspective that what I did with Cheeetar was a scum strategy.
Which is why if I ever die without being revived, whether I'm town or scum, I want you to lynch Cheeetar; right after Shakerag if I'm town. However, that will likely never happen unless there's a hard counter to my powers, so I don't think it will ever be an issue.
Again, early game lack of participation was out of my hands. I was distracted by the whole camping issue, I had no time to knuckle down and focus. You'll also notice my activity was down from earlier in the CYOM of NQT's during this period, I think. I was still active, but I was talking more about queued actions and stuff.
You were able to be active enough to throw a bunch of posts around and answer questions, but not enough to do much scumhunting after your short Cheeetar engagement?
I was sneaking away from the IRL stress and activity to read and post. Most of the time my absence was noticed before I could do any scumhunting or thinking.
How dare Shakerag not be a weekend player!?!
...what is this?  There's a difference between a sub-24 hour absence or weekend absence (which are quite common and expected) and an extended absence (which is lurking), and there's a difference between posting content and not posting content.  This bit from you is, to be frank, nonsense.
If that's what you think this is, then that's what it is to you. I still believe his absences were long enough to matter.
Is there a reason you're spinning a non-issue to look as bad as possible and omitting an inconvenient fact that would interfere with your case?
Does everything in that post have to be an issue? I was going over everything he's done. Not everything he's done is bad. But he has done bad things, and is pinging "scum" like crazy to me.
...You just said the gaps were an issue.  You just argued that an effort to excuse those absences was wrong (I think).  In addition, the weekend gap and the rolefishing accusation you specifically emphasized with italics.  Why, if not to attack Shakerag?
Yeah, the absences were a note of interest; they indicated that he was far less involved than most of the other players.
But you had quoted several other "issues" with that question, and you could have easily been talking about any or all of those. I was wondering why you thought I was spinning those as issues.
Now that I know only those two issues matter to you, I can answer better.
Yes, the gaps are an issue. And I can't see you, as a player, rolefishing in any way near approaching the way I do; subtle or otherwise. So I'm quite surprised at both of you for that not, and it was a very interesting point to note.
And?  Again, why haven't you been trying to improve your read/get evidence?  Why go beyond abandoning a flawed-looking case and outright abandon your suspect?  Why leave him so completely that you even forgot about your vote?
Because he's not my prime suspect.
So?  I understand that Cheeetar is no longer your prime suspect.  Merely your second-strongest suspect.  So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that you have strategic reasons for focusing just on your prime suspect and avoiding your second-strongest suspect.  But again, why, during the extended period after you completely abandoned Cheeetar but before I voted you, did you not try to gain more information on him?  Why so completely abandon him?
Will "I forgot about it" work? Obviously I remember now, and it's an issue for you, but I forgot completely during that period. As stated before, the stress of IRL getting ready for camping was giving me little time, including time to think. So I forgot.

Because what can I do to improve my read or get evidence without being accused of something else now?
Do not use me or your other attackers as an excuse not to improve your read or get evidence.  Why do you care so much about how your attackers would view efforts to scumhunt?  Why are you letting that interfere with your scumhunting?
Why is this specific case needling at you so much? At this point I'm just not asking him questions because it's provoking you, and I'm starting to suspect a connection between him and you.
So, anyways, done with that, I guess now I'll start asking him questions too, then. Bottom of this post. If it's not there, yell at me.
Alright, I understand the non-flipping, reviving stuff, but what do you mean by the "that plant creates more potatoes" part? PPE: Alright.
Looks like you noticed the answer and just didn't remove the question here.
One last thing: any response to Shakerag's recent post about you?  (I can see how you might have missed it, with it being the last post of a 25 or 50 post page).
Sure. "Yes, I do say that vote analysis has a use even here on bay 12. No, I don't believe you were busy with 'the job thing' over the weekend."
Not changing my vote: quite late in the day and I'm not doing last-minute vote screwy stuff.
Fine.
Spoiler: Off topic (click to show/hide)
Yes. I've been bouncing between anger and grief and denial like a pinball for the last few minutes. Do you know just how many movies with him in them I've watched? Good movies? Movies where I didn't even recognize him for the first half hour or longer because he's that good?
Now who's the next best comedian? Will Ferrel? Yuk. Disgusting.
I would rather have Robin. Even if he does a horrible job.

Shakerag I'm going to get lynched today. I will revive. What is your emotional reaction to this? Also, who else do you suspect of being scum?

Cheeetar What is the best way for you to win? Specifically you. Doesn't matter what your alignment is, what is the best thing that could happen right now, or later in days 2 or three, that would lead to you winning? How do you plan on bringing that about?

PPE:
flabort:
How do you even go from one person having an excusable absence to absences don't matter?  I can't even begin to follow your reasoning for that, let alone the rest of the paragraph.

However, you won't get one if you continue to vote me anyways, so *shrug* why not pursue some target that can die? You can't kill a potato. Grind it up? It just grows from a piece of an eye. And that plant creates more potatoes. I'm afraid there's no point to voting me.
Oh well, gee, I guess we'll just not vote flabort for the rest of the game because he claimed unlynchable/a resurrect.  You realize that these kinds of claims never end well, right?
My reasoning is that if I have to excuse one absence, then I have to excuse others, at which point I have to excuse them all, at which point they don't matter any more. Which as the logic then follows, means that Jiokuy being absent doesn't matter because no absence matters because I've excused them all.
And if absence doesn't matter, then the lack of absence, or high activity, doesn't matter. Which means that neither states of activity that Jack was saying I had matters. Which meant that Jack's point is invalid. So if he still considered that point valid, then absence and activity do matter, which would mean that the idea that I had to excuse all absence was incorrect, which meant that the idea that I had to excuse YOUR absence was incorrect.

Yeah, I know that claiming unlynchable never ends well when it's true. And claiming a revive does turn out OK sometimes; I am aware that it's not often.
However, what I said was that my revival power makes me effectively unlynchable. Different thing. Doesn't mean your point is wrong. But it means you need a workaround to kill me. So go ahead and vote me, you'll see I'm right, but I am warning you that you're wasting the vote. It will end well for me, that I claimed. Even if you do try to lynch me once or twice.
It would, however, work out better for the town if you lynched someone who was able to die less then infinite times. Because you'd get a roleflip. You don't want the only flip to be scum's nightkill, right?

Ah, well, as Jack said, it's too late for vote screwyness.
The Cyan Menace

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »

At Uni. extend
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Now Baking Roles [17 / 13+]
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2014, 06:55:14 pm »

Round and round she goes
Where it stops...
Who knows?

Suddenly, flabort grabs his chest and mimics an epic death scene. Everyone is mildly surprised. The frothing mouth was a good touch, someone added.

But then flabort jumps back up. "Just kidding!" he spits out, wiping the foam away.

Webadict's mom hangs up the phone before she managed to finish dialing emergency services.

flabort has been killed!

flabort has come back to life!

Votes reset!

Day extended!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Cheeetar -
flabort -
Imp -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Jiokuy -
Nerjin -
notquitethere -
Persus13 -
Scripten -
Shakerag -
Silthuri -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK -
Varee -

Not Voting - Imp, Jiokuy, Silthuri, Toaster, TolyK, Varee, Tiruin, 4maskwolf, Jack A T, notquitethere, Persus13, Nerjin, flabort, Cheeetar, Shakerag, IronyOwl, Scripten,

9 To Hammer. Day ends Thursday 7 PMish CST.

Jiokuy has not responded to PMs. I will be replacing him with Mysteriousbluepuppet soon.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:00:19 pm by webadict »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Fake-Out Take-Out
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2014, 07:10:18 pm »

Is this the power of a day kill or a night-skip?
Something odd just happened. If I died, why isn't it night?
The Cyan Menace

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Fake-Out Take-Out
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2014, 07:12:24 pm »

Dear Flabort,

I sincerely suggest you start explaining.

Sincerely,
    Your President
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 123