Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241543 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Fake-Out Take-Out
« Reply #390 on: August 12, 2014, 08:33:15 pm »

Alright. Full claim time, to save town from a grave mistake.
I am town. I am SCP-1689, the bag of infinite potatoes.

I have Spudradic Reproduction, an auto that allows me to revive on being lynched or killed. Several times; the clause being more than one death in a certain time period overrules this. So yeah, lynching me now, while it's still day 1, I'm dead. Happy?
I have Latvian Dream (I barely understand where this power is coming from after a google search). Using it makes me immune to all incoming powers, but I need to select a target. Any powers targeting this target (was going to be Toaster) also target me. Also, the target's own powers are unblockable, unredirectable, unrandomizable, giving the target a power buff for that night.
And I just used my one-shot to vote my top two scum picks. I have a number of votes equal to the number of potatoes I have (which is infinite), I may only target two people with it; I'm not sure if this means there are now infinite votes on both my two picks, or if it just means I can vote two people once.

My plan with Varee was going to be target whoever he targets, so that he would build two houses, and I'd get the power boost he was mentioning; if he target's me, I get nothing.

I said my role was among the scariest things on the internet, because seriously have you read the SCP foundation website? I said I was safe earlier, because that's my item class. I'm considered "safe" by the foundation (unless I'm Euclid, I honestly forget). The cafeteria uses me on a regular basis, for Pete's sake, I'm pretty sure that mean's I'm safe to use. Just don't go exploring inside me.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 12, 2014, 08:35:35 pm »

You probably shouldn't've told us about this- if you have an upgrade the scum are likely to redirect you or otherwise screw with it so they can gain its advantage. Also, don't just pick the first person who volunteers- it'd be best to pick someone based on your own initiative.

Also full power claim I am going to need a bit to process this.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2014, 08:39:20 pm »

Votecount?

And uh, if Flabort did just kill me... best of luck guys?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2014, 08:42:00 pm »

How ..h.. how do i build a house for infinite about of inhabitant....
Well I guess it a Yes WE can situation.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Vote Count
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2014, 08:49:29 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Cheeetar - flabort,
flabort - Nerjin, Cheeetar,
Imp -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
notquitethere -
Persus13 -
Scripten -
Shakerag -
Silthuri -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK -
Varee -

Not Voting - Imp, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Silthuri, Toaster, TolyK, Varee, Tiruin, 4maskwolf, Jack A T, notquitethere, Persus13, Shakerag, IronyOwl, Scripten,

9 To Hammer. Day ends Thursday 7 PMish CST.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »

flabort: Look liek your infinite vote is not working..... Are you lying or something?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2014, 08:54:54 pm »

You're going to have to do a bit more explaining here Flabort.
I've played some mafia.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2014, 08:58:49 pm »

flabort: Look liek your infinite vote is not working..... Are you lying or something?
I forgot that I needed to PM Wuba about it. I got a reminder about it, it should work now.
Revotecount
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2014, 08:59:46 pm »

Oh, yeah, and now I need to do both simultaneously it seems.
Cheetar, shakerag
The Cyan Menace

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Vote Count
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2014, 09:01:22 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Cheeetar - flabort,
flabort - Nerjin, Cheeetar,
Imp -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
notquitethere -
Persus13 -
Scripten -
Shakerag - flabort,
Silthuri -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK -
Varee -

Not Voting - Imp, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Silthuri, Toaster, TolyK, Varee, Tiruin, 4maskwolf, Jack A T, notquitethere, Persus13, Shakerag, IronyOwl, Scripten,

9 To Hammer. Day ends Thursday 7 PMish CST.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »

Alright. Full claim time, to save town from a grave mistake.
I am town. I am SCP-1689, the bag of infinite potatoes.
For Reference :P

Also PFP. As in, seriously tied up with school stuffs here x-x

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2014, 09:03:46 pm »

That's your one-shot? Unfortunate :(
I've played some mafia.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2014, 09:07:21 pm »

PFP

I think the extension should have happened, if it could have.

Cheeetar was the 10th voter for an extend.  We just need a majority, that's 9.  I think the extension did happen.

No votecount was provided before flabort was killed.

Previous wubba BYOR games start of night have shown fluff followed by votecount followed by result of vote.  Start of games have shown fluff followed by kills/revives/whatever followed by the votecount.

The page set up resembles a day start, not a day end (or an extend).

We're still listed as on day 1.  I think the vote cancellation happened before flabort was killed, which is why votes were not shown before his death.  We were not shown -why- he was killed.  More specifically, we were not shown that he was lynched.

And we usually are, if that's what killed them.

From wubba's last BYOR, a lynch death:

TolyK has been lynched!

A kill (happened to be a nightkill) target:
Hapah has been killed!

I believe flabort was killed, not lynched.  I do not know how, if it is self-targeted or other.  But that was not a lynch; he would have been called 'lynched' not 'killed' if he had been lynched.  I believe the day would have ended had we not had enough extension votes.  I can not tell if the vote clearing is directly connected to the kill but I suspect it is, Occam's Razor.

Flabort.

For one:  Why do you believe Varee's  'house' to be a beneficial thing?  You seem to completely believe 1) that this 'housebuilding' exists.  2) That it is beneficial to recieve it.

For two:  You said you planned to target Toaster. Was that 'if' you did not instead target Varee's target?  Or did you say that because you offered Toaster as a Varee target, because Toaster had said he would not mind? 

For three:  You seem to completely disregard that you have an additional way to gain Varee's 'house', which would be the normal way; to be targeted by Varee for building it but to 'not' target Varee back; in fact don't use your 'Latvian Dream' power at all that night.  Why do you appear to not even consider this option even slightly?

For four:  If you target Varee as Varee targets you, this makes -you- immune to incoming powers, however it would make Varee's power unblockable.  Is immunity a form of block?  Have you already asked Webadict about an outcome to this?

For five:  Why did you pick Toaster to target?

For six:

Cheetar, Toaster, Varee, IronyOwl: Did one of you do this?

Why did you specifically ask those people instead of asking everyone?

You may have already explained this, I am work pressured and must go back to my work extremely soon and cannot further read/reread.  But please explain why Cheeetar got your vote here and now.  You had not even been voting for him before the vote reset, you'd been voting for Shakerag.  How did Cheeetar jump to the top of your list?

For Six:  Wait a sec.  You just got 'killed', sort of at least.  The second person you ask if they did it, is Toaster.  And you're recommending Toaster gets Varee's 'house', and you just explained that you intended to target Toaster with your huge buff.

THis seems senseless.

Explain your thinking, please.  Turn this into sense.

Everyone:

I suspect that Varee cannot actually 'give' someone a 'house' without consent.  I view Varee's behavior with grave suspicion and am concerned that there's some unusual interconnection between Varee and Flabort.  I suggest that noone give Varee consent.  Varee started acting like this when he started to gain votes.  I believe this act of Varee's is not a friendly act, and that Varee -wants- consent way to much, and he started determinedly seeking it it only under pressure.  If Varee could just pick anyone to target for the house, I believe he would, if he doesn't in fact want to just randomly 'give' it.  He could select -anyone-, including anyone he may like or trust (he said he had no suspicions); instead he wants consent, and that started only under pressure.  Be wary.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2014, 09:17:15 pm »

Flabort:
Alright. Full claim time,
I just used my one-shot to vote my top two scum picks. I have a number of votes equal to the number of potatoes I have (which is infinite), I may only target two people with it; I'm not sure if this means there are now infinite votes on both my two picks, or if it just means I can vote two people once.

At least one thing is missing from your full claim:  The name of that 'vote for two' oneshot.

Everyone:
This seems like a very strange power, especially if flabort MUST target two different people at once with it.  Since we can only lynch one person, what possible advantage is it to be able to vote for two different people at once?

However we do not see a votecount on anyone.  It is -possible- that flabort's votes are indeed infinite.

If so, he has now tied today's vote for sure, I think.  Two players with 'infinite votes', even if one of those should be 'infinite +1' or so, are surely tied in votes; it's a way to force a mislynch, does anyone understand this differently?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »

Ooooh. OK, that makes more sense PM wuba. Why didn't you explain this earlier?

Can I change my multi vote, in that case?
To Cheetar Cheetar Cheetar Cheetar Cheetar Cheetar Cheetar Cheetar Shakerag Shakerag Shakerag Shakerag Shakerag Shakerag Shakerag Shakerag? 9 to hammer, right?

@Imp:
1) I was hoping it was, and willing to find out the hard way if it wasn't. And find out for sure which alignment Varee was.

2) Because I offered Toaster and he said he wouldn't mind.

3) Heh. Because before I claimed, I wanted to make sure that scum didn't try to NK me tonight, because now I don't get my revive back until after a while. But now they know I can prevent my death; now it's a guessing game of do I or don't I target someone.

4) I hadn't considered that. Let's see... actions targeting me directly fail. I think that negates even unblockable. I haven't checked with wuba.

5) Out of a random list of players, I felt he might be trustworthy, might not be. If the house turned out to be evil, I felt him an acceptable target. If it was good, I still felt him an acceptable target.

6) Besides cheetar, I literally rolled dice for that one. Because I feel that asking everyone is a cop-out, and that I can't say "Person I'm voting, and everyone else:", because that also feels wrong. It goes against some form of orange-and-blue morality code I subconsciously have but am aware of. You know?
And no, before you even ask, it is NOT a game mechanic, it is not a post restriction.

PPE: Said earlier. Vote-tato.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 123