Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 238131 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2014, 11:10:45 pm »

Also: huzzah for no night deaths! We're doing something right.

4mask, your input for the night is a... Vote then an immediate unvote? :(
You responded in the middle of me writing a post, and I'm tired. My apologies for having exhausted my mental faculties trying to outwit the town in CYOM, hopefully my full wits and scumhunting potential will be back by morning.

I have a couple of theories on no night deaths, but I'll wait until tomorrow to tell you all them (tomorrow as in tomorrow, not as in day 3).

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 13, 2014, 11:19:35 pm »

Persus13, it was me or FlabortShakerag and I had a very small window of time in which to decide. I'm incredibly glad he ended up not being town. Thanks!

Correction in bold.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2014, 11:27:48 pm »

I'll start digging back for things later. For now:

Cheeetar:
Persus13, it was me or Flabort and I had a very small window of time in which to decide. I'm incredibly glad he ended up not being town. Thanks!
What is your wincon?

Flabort, why did you use your one-shot so early? Your move seemed incredibly desperate.
So you're saying desperate actions are untrustworthy?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 13, 2014, 11:44:39 pm »

I'll start digging back for things later. For now:

Cheeetar:
Persus13, it was me or Flabort and I had a very small window of time in which to decide. I'm incredibly glad he ended up not being town. Thanks!
What is your wincon?

Flabort, why did you use your one-shot so early? Your move seemed incredibly desperate.
So you're saying desperate actions are untrustworthy?

All anti-town factions dead.
In that situation, his desperation was suspicious (he had two votes of a necessary 9 on him and he needed to 'save town from a grave mistake'?) I do not trust people who are suspicious, so I am questioning him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 13, 2014, 11:58:51 pm »

All anti-town factions dead.
And why was quickhammering Shakerag to save your own skin necessary for that?

In that situation, his desperation was suspicious (he had two votes of a necessary 9 on him and he needed to 'save town from a grave mistake'?) I do not trust people who are suspicious, so I am questioning him.
And you had a hammer unilaterally poised over your head by someone you already suspected for other things, and now suspect for that as well. As a result, you felt you had to instantly kill someone you didn't suspect in order to save yourself from the chance that somebody else would say "Yeah, that sounds great!" and unilaterally hammer you, likely ending up on the chopping block themselves for it in the process.

See anything desperate and suspicious about that?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2014, 12:08:10 am »

I see desperation, but not suspicion (is it possible to suspect yourself?) It was a choice between me (a confirmed townie to myself) and Shakerag dying. In such a time pressured moment, I didn't at all feel comfortable saying 'yes okay let's let any one person decide who should die here.'

Quick hammering Shakerag wasn't necessary for me to win, but it sure seems like it helped!
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2014, 12:22:58 am »

PFP

> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
> I've gained a Filler Ability. Literally called such. Ihave a 50% chance to lose an ability while...I have that ability.
As if its going to do anything anyway. :V

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 14, 2014, 12:37:02 am »

Add-on

Flabort: Why did you pick two targets and multivoted them--wherein only one was lynched; did you have any information with how your ability worked?

Cheeetar
Quick hammering Shakerag wasn't necessary for me to win, but it sure seems like it helped!
How?

Also: huzzah for no night deaths! We're doing something right.
We?
This sounds like a fact more than a speculation--or it may be just my interpretation of your wording. Sup?

NQT
Brilliant design knowing my power. What was all that about knowing the name, by the way?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 14, 2014, 12:44:30 am »

The sk ally is a dude who's trying to help the sk, so he's anti-town. By getting rid of him we're one step closer to winning.
I claim no responsibility for preventing deaths this night, nor do I claim to have no responsibility :D

And uh, congratulations on losing the miller?
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 14, 2014, 12:51:11 am »

The sk ally is a dude who's trying to help the sk, so he's anti-town. By getting rid of him we're one step closer to winning.
I claim no responsibility for preventing deaths this night, nor do I claim to have no responsibility :D
Yeah...SK Ally.
However it is unsure, though I've to ask any vets who have knowledge about alignments and somesuch in this case *stares at OP*, that the ally knew who was the SK, other than there was an SK for the rule to take place.

So I'm pretty wary regarding that case and your attitude--though knowing you...I am undecided.
Also why the paradox of claiming a yes or no and leaning on the 'or' in the middle? :I

...And thanks, but it seems someone swapped it (given the wording) or stole it. Less likely the latter.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 14, 2014, 12:52:02 am »

So Varee, what's the new housing situation like?  What choice(s) did you make?

And flabort, did you decide to go with your Latvian Dream of trying to get housing?  You implied information gain through that use, would you explain what you learned or whatever else you're willing to say, given that you've already said so much?

Tiruin, so Miller became Filler for you, do you anticipate further changes, perhaps to exchange for Biller or Killer one day, or is Filter an equally likely direction for your permutations?  Do you understand -why- you have gained and lost abilities, or was this a surprise to you when it happened?  And why have you chosen to tell us about the Miller/Biller thing?

Cheeetar, if another player had made the choice you did at the end of D1, what questions would you want to ask that player?  Do you consider 'acting to save oneself' to be appropriate for every player under every condition of high pressure/immediate threat of death?

I'm not going to specifically prod just yet, it's quite early in D2 and right now I am exhausted, but various people have D1 questions that haven't been answered yet.  Hope those get a little attention as people have time.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 14, 2014, 12:57:02 am »

@_@
Imp, did you play around with my role or...
I distinctly remember, and am partly biased by, that one thing you said in banter pre-game .__.

...And no. I do not anti- waaait is this one of the verbal cue abilities which use an answer to activate it -_-
And sure, I can understand why. A philosopher by nature (aha xD), I'm trying to check on how people udnerstand it--the best way possible is that 'oh hey let's check if its a proven cause that Tir is a miller :D!' among others.

A surprise? Yeah. Someone wasted an ability on me and gave me an ability that does fish. 50% to lose...what. I'm being leeched now? :v

I chose to tell you about--and oh no am I not falling for semantic cues such as Biller, my elder Imp--it because.
Because. :v
I literally have nothing to lose but information to gain.

*prods everyone with a stick*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2014, 12:58:46 am »

And its not a permutation--it distinctly says Unlucky.

Replace that with Filler. Ability.
Yeah. Those two words.

No permutation or semantic shenanigans. I may have been leeched or...yeah. Stolen. Stuff like that.
The question I'm pondering on is if, ever, I lose any other ability, where does it go.

Per cycle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:18 am »

Cheetar:

Could you explain your actions at day end yesterday further?

Flabort: Could you do so as well?

Also congrats on killing an Sk ally.
How would an SK ally even work, anyways?
The SK would have to kill it's ally to win. Shakerag would have to die anyways for him to win.
Wait, does that mean we have an SK? Great.

As for your question, I knew that:
A) I would die for reals if I was voted that day after being daykilled, because my revive would not have time to recharge.
B) Someone having more votes on them then me would make me safe. Yes, this was incredibly self-serving, but I feel like my powers could help town. Less so now that I've actually claimed them, but I think they can still help; turning the night game against Scum into an excruciating game of "Did I or didn't I, and if I did where?". Night WIFOM vs Scum, if you will.
C) I didn't want to be responsible for killing either of them if they wound up town.
D) I didn't want to cause a tie.
E) I essentially presented the two of them with a variation on Prisoner's Dilemma. If one votes the other, they survive the day. If anyone else considered them scummy, though, they didn't. If they managed to each vote each other simultaneously (they didn't), they'd both survive due to it becoming a tie and no-lynch.
F) I didn't trust either of them.
G) Whoever cast the hammer vote would come under suspicion from the whole town.

Therefor, while it was a hasty and self-preserving action, there was plenty of reason behind it and I believed it would help town.

Let's see: I had two choices. Die and never use it, or use it and not know for sure the outcome.
So I went with the advice of "remember to use your one-shots, don't hoard them", and used it. Using an early one-shot is not suspicious.

I see desperation, but not suspicion (is it possible to suspect yourself?) It was a choice between me (a confirmed townie to myself) and Shakerag dying. In such a time pressured moment, I didn't at all feel comfortable saying 'yes okay let's let any one person decide who should die here.'

Maybe it did, but it means that you were the hang-man, the one with blood on your hands now.
Try living with that when it makes everyone suspicious of you.

PFP

> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
> I've gained a Filler Ability. Literally called such. Ihave a 50% chance to lose an ability while...I have that ability.
As if its going to do anything anyway. :V
???
Would you mind elaborating?

Varee What did you do last night? Did you target Toaster as discussed?

Toaster What happened last night? Did you gain an ability?

Cheeetar If nobody had chosen to vote anyone else, do you think that 2 votes is not scary? If you're town, what do you see the best plan from here being?

4mask What do you mean, someone distrusts you still?

MysteriousBluePuppet I'd like to hear your thoughts on the situation. Who do you suspect most?

Silthuri What do you think of Tiruin's new claim?

PPE: 4 posts.

Tiruin: My given information was that I had infinite votes with the power, and I could only vote two people. It was later explained to me that I could put multiple votes on one person, and have as many as I want to use. So I put 8 votes each on two people.
If I had voted more votes, that would have been hammer. If I had multihammered, I think it would have been a tie and no-lynch, or it would have been whoever's name had 9 votes first in my list of votes.

Imp: I have not received a PM confirming or denying anything yet; I have not recieved information that would imply that I successfully copied the housing power onto myself. The power is not innately one of information, but I should learn about certain powers affecting me, such as if I gained a new ability like was implied by Varee.
The power is literally a version of WIFOM at night, I think. It's certainly very interesting.

PPE 2 more posts.

Tiruin I don't fully understand what you're saying but it's troubling me.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2014, 01:19:28 am »

Tiruin:

No, I have not played around with your role, or you.  I am not involved in whatever is happening with your abilities, but I am asking you about what you have said about what has happened.

Are you focused on this part of my pre-game statement?

I get to play with Tiruin.

I specifically said that because of what you said, just before it:

I get to play with Imp.

I added to what I said, yes.  I made the pre-game claim,

That's my role, by the way.  I sent in 'an imp that plays with Tiruin'.  *Rubs hands together*.

Lets see what I get!

That was meant as a joke, and was not the role I actually submitted to webadict this game.  Gamer's honor.

Furthermore, if I had actually submitted that role, I would not have stated so pre-game.  I believe specifically stating it would weaken my enjoyment of playing such a thing.

I asked what I asked because the way you announced the ability change, and how similar the two names are (Miller/filler) made me wonder if your ability was partially randomized or something.  You seemed both confused and forthcoming, and I couldn't even tell by how you wrote if you were surprised that it happened or just confused about a part of it or what.

Like you I'm after information.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 123