Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 238059 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #675 on: August 19, 2014, 03:25:18 pm »

Excellent. We don't have to worry about today's lynch having been a waste- Flabort was lying when he roleclaimed earlier, and his resurrect is not what he said it was. We're safe to lynch him.
I'm afraid I never, ever said when my revive resets. I never said "It comes back the day after". I allowed people to guess that and believe that, but I never said that. So I'm not lying.

OK, going to where I manipulated Nerjin, and why he is scum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 19, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

Tiruin:
Unvote

Why did you unvote Flabort here?
Behavioral analysis (sans the idea of 'oh hey that power couldn't REALLY BE [alignment-related]) of the person in question.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 19, 2014, 03:42:20 pm »

I'm a little busy right now so I don't want to read that enormous post of hyperlinks, Flabort- I promise I will get to it later.
Just for now, however: Varee, stop making me want to lynch you when now is the time Flabort's resurrect hasn't regenerated. Voting is pro-town, and claiming that you're afraid of mislynching just means you're afraid of looking like scum to your fellow town. Be brave! Mistakes may be made, but worse things will happen if none of us vote for a lynch.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 19, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »

Flabort, wow. Just wow.
I am reminded of a friend.

Also, it smells so much of bs that I don't even know.
Flabort's a neutral third party, my say is final in third resurrect. But what the hell are you doing.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 19, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »

Frieken finally! Something other people can reply to on your case! Thanks a bunch Flabort! It's long, so I'm gonna go ahead and spoiler it.

Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)

TL;DR: Flabort claims to be a genius who manipulates me around the block and back when in actuality he just says a bunch of crap and then expects everyone to be stupid enough to believe it.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 19, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »

Toaster:
Who else do you suspect besides Flabort?
Right now? Probably Nerjin (some strange comments), NQT (focusing solely on flabort's post count besides vote count late D1), 4maskwolf (suicidal behavior and defense of 4maskwolf), Cheeetar (hardcore tunneling of Flabort and running argument taking up almost all of his posts), IronyOwl (tunneling Cheeetar for something Flabort should mainly be blamed for), Jack A T (something just feels different from his play in Supernatural 7, he doesn't feel hyper-townie like he did then), and Varee (behaving like some sort of weird third party, though could just be his inexperience).

This is roughly in order from scummiest to least scummiest.

Flabort:
Excellent. We don't have to worry about today's lynch having been a waste- Flabort was lying when he roleclaimed earlier, and his resurrect is not what he said it was. We're safe to lynch him.
I'm afraid I never, ever said when my revive resets. I never said "It comes back the day after". I allowed people to guess that and believe that, but I never said that. So I'm not lying.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well done, this is a good solid post on Nerjin that raises a few good points. Some Nitpicks, and I'd have more if I had time:
His address to Silthuri in that post feels suspicious,
SLithuri is Nerjin's girlfriend in RL, so his comment referring to her as First Lady makes sense in that context.

Also, I'm not sure why Shakerag says Nerjin likes revolvers. This is mildly suspicious.
Read the text under Nerjin's forum avatar. It's also a reference to something, but I don't remember the name. (Revolver Ocelot maybe?)

And assuming he's referring to himself when he says America, his closing statement becomes a taunt to the town.
It's fairly obvious that America is the town overall, and Nerjin just calls himself the President.

A Day kill and a Pardon both fit the flavor of a president, so it's possible Nerjin could have both. But what would be the point of Nerjin faking having a Pardon?

Your case also has several elements that just feel like you tried to shoehorn in stuff. So despite the fact you brought up a few good points, I still want to see your roleflip to make sure.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 19, 2014, 04:27:57 pm »

Also, what happened to your case on Cheeetar? And are you actually voting Nejin?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 19, 2014, 04:33:34 pm »

Toaster:
Right now? Probably Nerjin (some strange comments)

Fair enough. Mind if I ask for some follow up on that? Just in general is fine. I'm rather curious.

Quote from: Persus13
Flabort:
Quote from: Flabort
[[Flabort posts a giant Wall of text with a bunch of crap within it.
Well done, this is a good solid post on Nerjin that raises a few good points. Some Nitpicks, and I'd have more if I had time:

No, no it isn't. It is crap. Please, please tell me you're not serious.

Quote from: Persus
His address to Silthuri in that post feels suspicious,
SLithuri is Nerjin's girlfriend in RL, so his comment referring to her as First Lady makes sense in that context.

And I am quite lucky in that regard. Seriously, you guys are missing out.

Quote from: Persus
Also, I'm not sure why Shakerag says Nerjin likes revolvers. This is mildly suspicious.
Read the text under Nerjin's forum avatar. It's also a reference to something, but I don't remember the name. (Revolver Ocelot maybe?)

Yes, it is something Revovler Ocelot says.

[Flabort] Your case also has several elements that just feel(s) like you tried to shoehorn in stuff.

Fixed that for you.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:38 pm »

Nerjin: Seems like a president (duh), like a mayor. Seemed like a third party, but that makes too many of them. Mixed read between town, third party and scum - mostly leaning on town, though.
Cheeetar: More or less scum read. Answered questions with hidden accusations embedded and seemed to want to shoot me (skepticism is fine, but that's a bit too far, I think).
Tiruin: Pretty sure she's town due to behavior and circumstances.
Toaster: Town due to circumstances.
Varee: Town due to behavior and circumstances. Except that I don't get why he isn't claiming something, but on the other hand he probably shouldn't.
TolyK: Can you explain these?  Posting reads without reasons doesn't help town.  I know you've decided you love posting thoughts without explaining, but you really have to explain.

I accept that I am lazy but I just believe that pressing case is not the best way for me to gain info right now.
Varee: Explain this statement.  Also, give reads of everyone.  What the fuck are you doing and why are you doing so little to scumhunt?
So If finding scum is the goal and finding scum is find who is lying...
Thing is, it isn't.  The majority of the time, the scum won't be lying about much beyond their alignments.  In a game like this, with third parties, the "scumhunting" of scum will even be largely legitimate, as they need information too.  We're not primarily hunting liars.  We're primarily hunting people who are trying to use the tools of town for goals other than town victory.
So who do you people think is the most town right now?
Tiruin.  Definitely Tiruin.  Believable miller claim, plus unproven corroboration by Persus.

That said, I'm having less issues with your [Scripten's] play now, and am willing to back off for now.
Toaster: Please explain.

Persus13: What points in flabort's attack on Nerjin do you believe to be the good points?

Nerjin: Why am I the one asking the above question to Persus13, instead of you?  You had the chance to try to learn what Persus was thinking were the good points, and you instead just jabbed Persus for his relatively high opinion of flabort's attack.  A reflexive defence instead of an informed defence, basically.  What makes it so important to strongly indicate you disagree with Persus13 without even trying to figure out exactly what the disagreements are?

Jack A T How has your own play been so far, in your opinion?
Flabort: I have not had the chance to be as active as I'd like, but my play is non-terrible.
Do you believe there are any holes in your defense?
Considering I have not yet had to defend myself, as I have not had anything to defend myself against, the premise of this question is invalid.  Besides, isn't it your job to find holes in your targets' defences?
Yourself and 4mask have a mutual relationship of distancing. When 4mask answered about you, he said he invariably reads you as town; and as far as I've ever observed, you only ever find him to be mildly scummy. This was an experiment in seeing if I could get you two to give different reads on eachother for once.
Fascinating!  You couldn't explain this group without depending completely on information you could not have had when you assert you created the group: our responses to your group questions.  My previous posted read of 4mask this game is a null read, and 4maskwolf had not once posted a read of me before you requested one.  Your "mutual relationship" is lacking.  Your assertion that the group was based on our reads of each other is false.  Your reasons for the group are based on 4mask having consistent reads of me that he had not yet shown and me having a consistent mild scum read of 4mask that was without a base in reality.

It's almost as if you're trying to create a reason for these groups after you claim you made them!

So, why can't you explain why you allegedly created the 4mask/me group?
For example, you, Jack, are not likely to believe a lie when told one, but equally likely not to believe the truth. Even if you are not who I believe you to be, you have a strong distrust of everything. Especially if you are not scum, even. And you are being a lot more trusting of Nerjin than I would expect you to be if either of you were town, honestly. Just subtle clues here and there that you could be questioning him more.
Alright, you've finally said something about what you're attacking me for.  Would you be so kind as to give evidence for your assertions?
I will reveal the one piece of information regarding my role I have withheld until now:
My revive takes a whole cycle to recharge. As I was killed Day 1, I will get my revive back Night two. If I had been killed Night 1 instead, I would have my revive on the morning of Day 2.
I don't have it back yet! Yay! You may procede to lynch me over allowing you to believe I had it now. ::)
Based on the fact, correctly pointed out by some, that a rapid recharging revive would be rather ridiculous, plus this new claim, I hereby place my vote where it should be.  Flabort.

One last thing: would you mind saying what your key points against Nerjin are, and why they indicate he is scum?  I skimmed your massive link dump, but it is a a massive post-by-post analysis where your points are sandwiched between piles of unimportant material.  Can you summarize the important parts and give their relevant evidence on their own?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 19, 2014, 05:10:52 pm »

How much time till day end? 12 hours from now and I'm totally free (+ destressing x_x)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 19, 2014, 06:18:19 pm »

Tiruin:
How much time till day end? 12 hours from now and I'm totally free (+ destressing x_x)
About 25 hours from this post.

Nerjin:
Toaster:
Right now? Probably Nerjin (some strange comments)

Fair enough. Mind if I ask for some follow up on that? Just in general is fine. I'm rather curious.
You were unexplainably irritable in some posts, especially in that post regarding 4maskwolf's unnecessary post. Your reaction to some of flabort's previous comments (not sure which ones) seemed over the top. It wasn't much, you've just been provoking the strange radar (in fact you shoud have been much lower on that list, now that I think about it).

Quote from: Persus13
Flabort:
Quote from: Flabort
[[Flabort posts a giant Wall of text with a bunch of crap within it.

No, no it isn't. It is crap. Please, please tell me you're not serious.

[Flabort] Your case also has several elements that just feel(s) like you tried to shoehorn in stuff.

Fixed that for you.
I was mainly applauding the fact he mainly spent a lot of time and effort building a giant post with links and stuff in it. A giant case on you gives a lot of information, and flabort should be applauded for that. I also wanted to see what your reaction would be. You seriously overreacted to my post. Why are you so worried about a post that you believe is full of BS and is coming from someone who has been on the chopping block since D1, when no one has been voting you? Me saying that flabort's case has a few good points shouldn't be disconcerting, especially since I'm still voting him and mentioned that I still wanted to see flabort's roleflip. And fixing my post was unnecessary.

Jack A T:
Persus13: What points in flabort's attack on Nerjin do you believe to be the good points?
Nerjin's comment on the food production industry seemed out of place, if not as significant as flabort seemed to think.
Flabort's day kill scenario seems possible, so I'm asking him why he thinks it's that not anything else.
Flabort's mention that Nerjin has focused a lot on 4maskwolf is a good point.
I reveal my suspects; I forget to prove them. It does, however, Get nerjin to finally drop the roleplay. He also doesn't say what his actual arguement is, because he'd rather I just flail about innefectually, so that I get mislynched.

He completely dismisses 4mask's point right after he says I dismissed his.

And he hasn't picked up the roleplaying again yet. Instead he's being really angry at NQT and deflecting her questions. And saying that she isn't putting in any work.
These three end comments do have merit to them. Nerjin dropping roleplay does seem like an unneccesary overreaction. 4maskwolf's proposition that we go after scum that isn't flabort seems like a valid suggestion given flabort's revive (also deserved more discussion, not just getting attempted to be shut down), and the fact that Nerjin went after NQT for stuff also seems odd given the large list of people who haven't posted a lot (including Tiruin, Scripten, Slithuri, Varee, MBP, and Myself, as well as possibly you and Toaster).
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 19, 2014, 07:35:01 pm »

Nerjin: Seems like a president (duh), like a mayor. Seemed like a third party, but that makes too many of them. Mixed read between town, third party and scum - mostly leaning on town, though.
Cheeetar: More or less scum read. Answered questions with hidden accusations embedded and seemed to want to shoot me (skepticism is fine, but that's a bit too far, I think).
Tiruin: Pretty sure she's town due to behavior and circumstances.
Toaster: Town due to circumstances.
Varee: Town due to behavior and circumstances. Except that I don't get why he isn't claiming something, but on the other hand he probably shouldn't.
TolyK: Can you explain these?  Posting reads without reasons doesn't help town.  I know you've decided you love posting thoughts without explaining, but you really have to explain.
I do love it, yes.
As I've said, I'll say tomorrow why. If I happen to die, you'll have to take it at face value (since I'm not lying here). I kinda hope I'll live, but the risk of death is smaller than possible rewards.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Vote Count
« Reply #687 on: August 19, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »

Hopefully this is right. If not, let me know.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Cheeetar - IronyOwl, TolyK, flabort,
flabort - Cheeetar, Nerjin, Persus13, Scripten, Jack A T,
Imp -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
notquitethere -
Persus13 -
Scripten -
Silthuri -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK -
Varee - notquitethere, Toaster,

Not Voting - Imp, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Silthuri, Varee, 4maskwolf, Tiruin,

9 to Hammer. Day ends Wednesday 7 PMish CST (Approximately 23 hours from this post.)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 19, 2014, 08:31:34 pm »

Scripten:
I dont believe that flabort is scum as his day one move would be suicidal as a scum. I dont think playing that reckless will end well. I already tried that and everyone just pin the word scum on you(CYOM).

Ehh... WIFOM. Acting anti-town is acting anti-town, whether you are scum or not.
Please define exactly how Flabort's behavior was anti-town. I have my own reasons, but I want to hear yours.

His posts are confusing, distracting, and riddled with terrible/nonexistent logic. I've said before that I believe he's either scum or possibly an anti-town Jester who wants lynched and to distrupt the town as much as possible. His votes are nonsensical and OMGUS-y, despite being fairly late into the second day, and even if he were town, he's definitely not helping us achieve our wincon by trying to "manipulate and decieve" us into doing his work for him. He's either playing poorly or playing to an anti-town wincon and I've held that he should be lynched for many RL days now.

I was mainly applauding the fact he mainly spent a lot of time and effort building a giant post with links and stuff in it. A giant case on you gives a lot of information, and flabort should be applauded for that. I also wanted to see what your reaction would be. You seriously overreacted to my post. Why are you so worried about a post that you believe is full of BS and is coming from someone who has been on the chopping block since D1, when no one has been voting you? Me saying that flabort's case has a few good points shouldn't be disconcerting, especially since I'm still voting him and mentioned that I still wanted to see flabort's roleflip. And fixing my post was unnecessary.

That post is BS, though. You had to pick through a mountainous pile of crap to get several barely servicable points out of that post. Walls of text aren't inherently commendable, even if they happen to be on target with a tiny fraction of their scattershot. I get that you're giving points where you feel they are deserved, but this doesn't look like good behavior in a pro-town player to me.

What's your detailed viewpoint on Persus13 and I?

You're town to me, Tiruin. I hadn't taken your cleared miller status from earlier into account. Persus13 reads town to me right now, but he's mostly null. I find his hunting to be legitimate and his motives so far seem pro-town, but it's hard to tell with only one flip and so many players.

Toaster
Quoting a question where I'm trying to prove a point and calling it bad hunting is pretty misleading.

That said, I'm having less issues with your play now, and am willing to back off for now.

Unvote Scripten.

Wait a second, I'd like to understand this a bit better. What, exactly, has changed in my play since your post besides me putting pressure on you? And why are all of your votes on people who aren't going to flip? You've gone from me to Varee, so I'm curious what you expect to achieve with your vote. I barely registered your vote initially and Varee is practically begging to be lynched. (Something probably activates in his power when he's lynched/killed and he wants to test it.) It's like you're keeping your vote safely applied but uncommitted.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 19, 2014, 09:35:24 pm »

Nerjin So deign was not the most appropriate word choice. No need to get sarcastic and scummy about it.
Yes, I do think I'm clever. Now give me a reads list that does not include 4mask or myself. I know your opinions on both of us.
Alright. At least we have our views on drinking in common. Still isn't relevant.
I have a hard time believing that's all fluff.
My point with that "quote mining" is that you are already distracted, as per my plan.
Sure. None of my evidence is concrete, I said that when I was saying that I'd post the list today. You were pre-warned about that.
You were citing a headache. Not anger.
Is the word "easy" better then "lazy", then? You were giving him what he wanted.
Aknowledged.
Hah hah. I get it. That's sarcasm, right?
OK. I don't pay attention to personal text. Interesting to know that.
WHAT POINT?! YOU ALWAYS SAY WHAT I INTERPRET TO BE THE POINT IS NOT THE POINT, SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT?
You are the american in our small russian town. That means you are refering to yourself, that means that you have a powerful ally. OK, if what you are saying when you say "America stands for town" is not a flat out lie, then my point becomes BS, but I think you are a liar.
So you admit that you were refering to me. And you had said that the communists were attacking the reference to me, then, meaning that whether america is town or scum, the alignment that is opposite yours (communism opposite America) was attacking me. And since I'm town, that makes you scum. Also, if you were town, you'd have no way of knowing for sure that we were opposites and wouldn't so boldly declare us to be opposites; only scum start with that knowledge off the bat.
No, it didn't waste my time. Having to defend myself against scum like you in the first place wastes my time. Proving that you are opposite me is not a waste of time.
I hope you understand that this is an aggregate suspicion of abstracts and hidden clues. It's the sum total of all this that is my point; any one point being 100% proof of you being scum would be enough and I wouldn't have to make this "empty void of gibberish".
Your continued deflection is suspicious. If the name does not matter at all like you say, why not claim it instead of continuing to be scummy?
Yeah, a very clever idiot who plays mind games, who has a 140 IQ. I expect everyone to be able to focus on more than two players at a time. You must do excelent in LYLO.
It implied you were preparing for after I flip or don't already. You would be the only one doing that, but if you knew I was going to die from day kill, you would already consider it to be after the kill, which is effectively a lynch. And after the lynch comes day 2, so when you already had a day 2 perspective, it meant you were already triggering the day kill.
My point about NQT being predictable was that I knew that if I were the most suspicious, she would post a list of better candidates, and implore everyone not to lynch me. She always does that: Most suspicious person? Don't lynch them!
Yeah, the post has value. Worth it's weight in uranium. And you are blowing up over it.
Well it is. :P Seriously. You are making me more sure you did it with that response. The town Nerjin with no reason to let this bother him wouldn't be getting so upset over this.
I have seen "Hammer has hit, stop talking" so, so many times. You seriously have never seen that before? I find that hard to believe.
I know you're not willing to listen. But I keep getting responces.
Hmm. I think Varee is starting to pull "a Flabort". I don't think you'll ever think town is making a mistake, unless it's to trust you.
If I still haven't seen your point by now, then there's nothing to dismiss because you don't have a point, because I would have seen it going over the thread this many times.
It's not as much of a waste of time as you believe.

TL;DR The above: Reads on everyone but me and 4mask please, why not stop being so dodgy and scummy and claim your name if it doesn't matter?

Persus Oh. OK. That makes sense about the First Lady part. What about the "good men do nothing" bit?
OK, he explained the reference himself, but good to know.
Yes, I guess it is possible he could have multiple day abilities.
If it feels I tried to shoehorn anything in, I'm sorry, I did not, but I respect your opinion and will allow the roleflip now.

Oh, and my case on Cheeetar still stands, but nothing has happened on that front. And there's no point in voting Nerjin while there's no chance of him being lynched today. Cheeetar still has more votes on him.

Jack A T OK, if anyone were to pursue you for any reason, what do you think they would be accusing you over? I'm sorry that wasn't clear.

I'm using the answer to explain the reason; the reason did not come after the answer. I knew he usually does that, but his answer made it easier to explain.

I'll find some "evidence for [my] assertions" before the lynch, if I'm not hammered. OK?

My key points are that he is hiding massive amounts of hidden communications in his roleplay, is evasive as heck, and is getting upset over things that shouldn't upset him. To summarize in as brief as I can.

Scripten And I've said it before, you are either a anti-town third or a third scum. I was trying to manipulate, not decieve. When I flip, you will see that I am town, and that I actually have put in quite a bit of work tracking down and finding each of my four suspects.
Even if some of that post is BS or irrelevant, there are more servicable points than you give me credit for. I'd like to see YOU do a post-by-post analysis that doesn't have some useless information.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 123