Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241211 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #720 on: August 21, 2014, 10:55:09 pm »

To clarify: I know the identities of the tracker and the rolecop. I'm not going to say who, because if they are town I want to protect their identities unless they choose to claim. The tracker probably shouldn't: you don't really have much info to share, at least not from last night (nothing adverse happened to TolyK). The rolecop, however, may want to, and I'll tell you that this player's name can be easily shortened to an acronym (which should narrow it down for you, so you know I'm telling the truth if this person does choose to claim).

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:01 pm »

So it's MBP. Y'might as well tell us straight out. I don't want the tracker to claim either, but if the rolecop could tell us who's been stealing all these powers we might have a fairly solid lynch target.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 21, 2014, 10:59:37 pm »

Also: Did the result of the rolecop's investigation tell us what powers those who had them stolen had? Because that might be useful to us.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 21, 2014, 11:04:28 pm »

Also: Did the result of the rolecop's investigation tell us what powers those who had them stolen had? Because that might be useful to us.
Nope. It discovered the thieving ability itself.

Also, you're forgetting IO.
But yeah, since you guessed it, it is MBP. And MBP, good news: I'm now a bodyguard. I grew up from being a cute playful pup and am now man's best friend.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 21, 2014, 11:05:36 pm »

Probably don't tell us more than is strictly necessary to eliminate that guy who steals role abilities.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 21, 2014, 11:10:54 pm »

Probably don't tell us more than is strictly necessary to eliminate that guy who steals role abilities.
One more thing, that may be good to know: NQT was not killed by an ability backfire. I roleblocked him last night, and I did not get a report of my action failing (unlike N1), so he was locked down. Someone out and out killed him.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 21, 2014, 11:43:42 pm »

I'm working on another post for here, but I refreshed and saw recent posts.

4maskwolf, are you willing to tell us everything you know about the ability theft ability?

Failing that, are you able to tell from it if the person who has it gets -all- the abilities that have been REDACTED, or only keeps the most recent, or however else that ability may be limited?

Are you willing to tell us why you picked NQT to roleblock last night?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 21, 2014, 11:46:17 pm »

You catched me 4mask. Or rather, Cheetar. Anyhow, yeah. Funnily, i had checked you 1st night (4mask) nothing to say against you.

And i think i got the rolestealer, just need confirmation from Wubbah. Ill give it to yah soon.

The ability steal is a Auto that that scavenge the ability of a dead player, and REDACTED it. Also, losing it = death, apparently.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 21, 2014, 11:56:53 pm »

That sounds like it's more suited to having been on Shakerag's role, given the interaction between Persus13 and Shakerag. Weird.
I've played some mafia.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 22, 2014, 12:03:26 am »

Cheeetar:

Several things in your D3 opening post seem odd to me.  Especially understanding that you wrote it during N2, so you weren't rushed, right?

Why did 'REDACTED' make you think 'Mason'?  REDACTED is used for many 'classified' things, it's especially all over the SCP website that flabort's role was from.  Everyone who has roleflipped has had a REDACTED showing, and for all four of them it's been their first ability.  I think someone has an auto that hides the first ability from each flip.

It seems weird to me that seeing REDACTED in Shakerag's flip and REDACTED in flabort's flip, you would decide that flabort's REDACTED meant he was a mason.  Would you please explain your reasoning? 

Also, why do you think TolyK is a Mason as well?

What do you mean by this:

Dang. I honestly did not expect Flabort to be town. I maintain that he behaved really scummily. I've written this up before day time (just in case I survived!) because I am very aware of the fact that this was my fault and people will not be happy with me.

Are you claiming it's your 'fault' that flabort was Town, or your fault that he was lynched?  Why do you expect people to not be happy with you; what have you done that you are so worried about?

3) I am likely going to be lynched, or possibly even day killed.
Why do you believe this?

Do you believe that you are about to be hammered instantly day killed?  Why?  Any why you, out of all of us?

Your post 711 looks a lot like a 'final post of the day' to me, or a post made right before someone thinks they are about to die.  It looks rushed and it starts and explains your suspicions, but the only question you ask in it is struckthrough because it has to do with NQT's hammering, and NQT is dead.

Why are you so focused on 'I am about to die' and not at all focusing on asking questions or interacting with people, your top scum picks or anyone?  Are you so sure of your top suspects that for you there's nothing left to discuss?

Also: I'm reading him as a lyncher and not just scum because he should've been fine with a Flabort lynch if he was scum. Instead, he was pretty much tunneling me for the entire day, and not doing much else.

Cheeetar, you're talking about IronyOwl, who you said you think is your lyncher?

As I look back over IronyOwl's posts (there's only 12 of them, Irony posts less than most players), I see a lot of discussion with a lot of players.  I also note that she didn't post at all on the last hours of D2, her last post was on the 17th, about 63 hours before flabort's hammering vote.

Can you point out where and how she's talking to you like a lyncher, as opposed to reasonable scum hunting?  I don't see the tunnelling you're talking about and I don't see exclusive focus on you.

And, one older issue:
...And thanks, but it seems someone swapped it (given the wording) or stole it. Less likely the latter.

I think I may have had something to do with it. I didn't receive much info on my PM from Webadict.
Is there anything you're willing to add to what you said here, about what you did or tried to do to Tiruin?

Varee:  You've talked about a theory that someone has a daykill they get to use when we vote to Extend.  Do you still believe this theory?  If you do, will you explain why you think we didn't see a daykill when D2 was extended? 

Anything further you are willing to tell us about your santa ability, and/or how you used it last night?

IronyOwl:  It's been a few days since we last heard from you.  Are you coming back?  What are your reads?

Silthuri:  Positive thought beams from me to you too, I hope things continue to get much better.  Are you current on the thread?  Do you predict needing more time of not being able to really play?

Mysteriousbluepuppet:  With your college about to start, and work schedule issues, are you able to play?  Have you gotten more caught up on the thread?  Do you have time for the game scheduled in during your about to start college/work schedule, or do you think you may need to replace?  Or is night game enough, and daytime scumhunting something that just has to be set aside?

Jack A T:

Why do you say that Shakerag was probably the best possible D1 lynch target?
Imp: Had we lynched anyone else, Shakerag's powers would have been quite disruptive and town-damaging for the entire game, concealing the alignments and powers of both the D1 lynch and the N1 killed.

Shakerag wasn't Town and needed to play to make Town lose, and it's annoying and challenging for us all to not to see roleflips.  But Shakerag's Sorry! power probably would have prevented some (or many) night deaths, notably N2 instead of losing both NQT and Persus, we would have only lost one of them.

There is mafia and (probably) at least one serial killer in play; unless the mafia converts there are at least two anti-town killing alignments/killing abilities.  The Sorry! auto would have slowed night deaths, and likely delayed or outright prevented all but one night death.  Any Town nightkills would have also been leashed, but we have reason to believe there's more than one non-Town killer out there, and alive. Shakerag alive put limits on the nightkills.

Simultaneously, Shakerag could speak with the dead while still alive; granted he was not Town and any use he made of information from this would have not been intentionally for Town's benefit, but when we started to see multiple roleflips of 'Shakerag Did it (Town)' the pressure we put on Shakerag could have gotten information offered to us that Town could use, even if Shakerag offered it just to try and save his own neck for longer.

Furthermore, Shakerag's lynch was in place of a possible directly deadly to Town target.  Did you not consider these things when you declared Shakerag probably the best D1 lynch target?  Or why do you feel that hidden flips are that much worse than a limit on the rate of night kills + the lynch of someone who might have been an anti-Town killer or converter?

Tiruin:  Anything you'd like to tell us about how Filler went for you?  I hope the distressing stuff leaves you alone soon.  You're a skilled player and we could really use your involvement and help when you can give it.

Scripten:  At one time you said you thought 4maskwolf was flabort's scumbuddy.  Would you review your case on 4mask and how it has changed over time?

Quite a few people have said I'm a null read to them. 

So who do you people think is the most town right now?

Most town? Probably IronyOwl and Imp. Most everyone is null save for a few.
Why do/did I and IronyOwl seem more Town to you than others in the game?  Specifically, why do I and IronyOwl appear more Town to you than Persus13, who you are specifically asked about and answer, 10 hours later:

What's your detailed viewpoint on Persus13 and I?

You're town to me, Tiruin. I hadn't taken your cleared miller status from earlier into account. Persus13 reads town to me right now, but he's mostly null. I find his hunting to be legitimate and his motives so far seem pro-town, but it's hard to tell with only one flip and so many players.

4maskwolf: You've told us you are rather burned out of Mafia, and recently mentioned you'd even forgotten you were still playing in a Mafia game.  Do you only play this game for the night game, and do you feel that's enough for a good mafia game?

I have a couple of theories on no night deaths, but I'll wait until tomorrow to tell you all them (tomorrow as in tomorrow, not as in day 3).

Ready to share your theories yet?

Nerjin, Toaster, TolyK; ran out of time in my rereading to focus on you guys.  More tomorrow.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 22, 2014, 12:07:18 am »

Imp, 4 days of work,  6 day free apart from moving. Then college. I've been there for 6 years now, i can handle a little psoting in the evening. I won't need a Replace. And yes i'm up to date, kinda shit that the night was during my free day yesterday

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 22, 2014, 12:48:58 am »

Spoiler: Imp (click to show/hide)

Varee, do you plan on voting today?
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 22, 2014, 01:04:58 am »

There's two things that really struck me as strange about Irony Owl's attack on me- one, unlike pretty much everyone else, she thought my vote on Flabort was proof of me being scum (which seemed and continues to seem strange to me.)

Erp. By this, I meant: my vote on Shakerag
I've played some mafia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 22, 2014, 01:27:09 am »

Cheeetar:
3) I am likely going to be lynched, or possibly even day killed. In the event of this, here are my top suspects and why:
I suspect you have time to scumhunt and respond to my megapost.

Varee:
Ok I understand now that certain people take this game seriously so I will stop goofing around. My attempt of RIA is doing exactly what the wiki warn me will happen.

I dont believe it a LYLO situation but I wont denied that a lynch is useful to the town.

So any question? I like to answer question more than asking so ask away i guess?
Do you intend to scumhunt today? If the post you reply to this in does not contain scumhunting, append a "When? Why aren't you doing so yet?" to that.

4mask:
To clarify: I know the identities of the tracker and the rolecop. I'm not going to say who, because if they are town I want to protect their identities unless they choose to claim. The tracker probably shouldn't: you don't really have much info to share, at least not from last night (nothing adverse happened to TolyK). The rolecop, however, may want to, and I'll tell you that this player's name can be easily shortened to an acronym (which should narrow it down for you, so you know I'm telling the truth if this person does choose to claim).
Why'd you mostly but not explicitly out a rolecop?

One more thing, that may be good to know: NQT was not killed by an ability backfire. I roleblocked him last night, and I did not get a report of my action failing (unlike N1), so he was locked down. Someone out and out killed him.
This is good to know.

Imp:
IronyOwl:  It's been a few days since we last heard from you.  Are you coming back?  What are your reads?
Yeah, sorry.

Reads are mostly what you'd expect: A lot of null reads on powerful players and dubious reads on players who might be scum or just weak.

Cheeetar's scummy as hell, but his flailings are starting to remind me of flabort. I'm not gonna lose sleep over killing him, but if I had a choice between right now or later I'd wait and see.

4mask seems lurky/activelurky in a lazy way, as opposed to others who are claiming IRL difficulties or who seem... I don't know, more naturally useless I guess? I haven't been impressed with TolyK's contributions, for instance, but he seems to wear it well.

Tiruin's miller business seems to semi-confirm her. I guess third party could be a miller, but it'd be mostly redundant unless they could bribe their way out with power usage.

Scripten's play bothered me D1 but seems more solid now. I haven't had a chance to go examine that in more detail, so I can't swear he's not just going for the target I like instead of the target I don't like or something.

Toaster's a good player, but it seems like he's going exclusively after easy targets. That bothers me.

Jack A T I've tried to review in the writing of this post, and has proven an utter monster. If he's scum we're probably fucked.

Otherwise it's mostly null/uncertain reads.

Toaster, I can't help but notice that the only semisolid player you've gone after this game was Scripten, whom you bailed off of immediately on their doing anything. Do you intend to do any big game hunting today, or harass TolyK, Varee, and anyone who's not voting?

Jack A T, what does flabort's lynch tell you?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:08 am »

Oh, hey guys. I'm bedazzled. Thanks for your cooperation!

Anyways, jokes aside, I'm sort-of an inspector, though not necessarily.

It turns out that Toaster is the neutral third party, by the way. I thought it more likely that Flabort was it, but it happens to not. I inspected Toaster N1 and got two results, "town" and "neutral". That night, Tiruin actioned me as well, and was de-millered, which is now confirmed by a dead townie. Thus, Tiruin is definitely not scum and very likely town. Toaster is a third party, but likely not the serial killer (more like survivor, as that's a good counter to an SK). Flabort is somehow town with all that bs. Well, whatever.

This night I investigated NQT and got Town. Unfortunately, this means I have lost a night (and possibly incriminated myself as well).

I'm interested in what MBP and 4mask say/will say.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 123