Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 240301 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #735 on: August 22, 2014, 01:52:26 am »

Also, whoever targeted me, I'm sorry about that. Unless of course it's a horse. Then just keep it.
<.<
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 22, 2014, 02:03:04 am »

TolyK:
It turns out that Toaster is the neutral third party, by the way. I thought it more likely that Flabort was it, but it happens to not. I inspected Toaster N1 and got two results, "town" and "neutral". Toaster is a third party, but likely not the serial killer (more like survivor, as that's a good counter to an SK). Flabort is somehow town with all that bs. Well, whatever.
What does this mean and how did it lead you to tell us you were 98% sure we shouldn't lynch Toaster and 60-75% sure we shouldn't lynch flabort?

That night, Tiruin actioned me as well, and was de-millered, which is now confirmed by a dead townie. Thus, Tiruin is definitely not scum and very likely town.
Also, whoever targeted me, I'm sorry about that. Unless of course it's a horse. Then just keep it.
<.<
What's all this about?

This night I investigated NQT and got Town. Unfortunately, this means I have lost a night (and possibly incriminated myself as well).

I'm interested in what MBP and 4mask say/will say.
Then why'd you claim at all? Say about what?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 22, 2014, 02:19:26 am »

I thought the results corresponded to action order, which they didn't as it turns out (since both actions happen at the same time, it turns out), and Flabort's play had me really thinking that. Only after his lynch did I realize that.

That's to certain people, since I don't want to claim everything.

I claimed so that people won't go "but what did you do this night? I saw you go kill NQT" or the like.
Will say about the redacting. Actually, rereading, I realized that 4mask wants to say no more, which is fine.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:06 am »

Cheeetar:
3) I am likely going to be lynched, or possibly even day killed. In the event of this, here are my top suspects and why:
I suspect you have time to scumhunt and respond to my megapost.

Yep, I'll give it a try now. I am going to cut it down a bit (especially the quote pyramids) for my own readability as much as anybody elses. If I don't address something in particular or misrepresent your points, let me know.

Spoiler: Irony Owl (click to show/hide)

This is, I acknowledge, not the best response. I find it hard to respond in length to these things. If you're legitimately interested in interrogating/investigating me (if you aren't already 100% sure I'm scum, or you're a lyncher) I would welcome your efforts to highlight important things I should note and respond to.

and... I'll try to get some more reads than were in my first post today out later tonight.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2014, 04:19:34 am »

Looks like my luck ran out

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2014, 07:07:34 am »

So Look like i wont learn anything about my power today eithier. the houseowner came to an early demise ...
There not only Death power theft, one of my power was stolen too so there someone that can take people power out there.
Hey and both people that is trying to get me lynch is dead yeah!
Wait wait dont point fingers yet. thoses two dont only suspect em but they are one that push thoses who are less than active.
Enough nonsense !

Toaster: Explain your move yesterday, What the deal with scripten and vote swing?

Imp: I still believe there alot of other power going around. someone is building quite a pool and there might be a day kill or extend kill among them.

Wolf and Slithuri : What do you think of NQT death? He seem to be the one that suspect the "less than active players" a lot. Do you think this will bring suspicious to us?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2014, 07:26:32 am »

So I promised reads. Here they are!

Mysteriousbluepuppet: Very busy, not so many posts (understandable.) Find it hard to understand his posts on occasion. If the rolecop thing turns out well, should be good. Town read due to claim, would be reading as scum if not.

Varee: Doesn't want to play the day phase, really, and would prefer it if people left him out of it altogether (apart from him having willing subjects for his night activity.) Suspicious! Has been for ages.

Nerjin: I felt suspicious of him at the start- his roleplaying seemed to be hiding noncontent. Been much more engaged towards the end of Day 1 and through Day 2. Nerjin: I would like to see your thoughts on the Flabort flip.

Scripten: Broad-ish focus Day 1, vision narrowed Day 2 given the whole Flabort situation. Similarly critical of Varee and 4maskwolf. Slight town?

Jack A T: Very dense posts. Late on the Flabort lynch, only after Flabort claimed that the lynch would be able to kill him. Clearly good at the game, attentive, hasn't said anything particularly insightful. Mild scum?

Imp: Engaged but has been busy on occasion. Focus & interesting questions on quite a few people. Town read.

Silthuri: Late on the Flabort lynch, but good reasoning for it. Hasn't been able to engage much. Null.

TolyK: One of the few people who thought Flabort was ultimately not scum, wasn't afraid to say so. Not a mason. Still reading as slight town. Upon reading his posts, it seems he claimed a bit later to believe that Flabort was third party. TolyK, what do you think was his eventual plan as town, given his 'mass manipulation' of people?

Toaster: Very much on the sidelines for the Flabort lynch, feeling that the Flabort lynch was likely so he would go after other people. Could've been using it as an excuse to not vote for a town- not feeling that, though. Good follow through on Varee questioning, paying attention to lots of different strands of conversation. Town? Toaster: You FoS'd TolyK for his posting during Day 2- are you still suspicious of him following the lynch and night's results?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 22, 2014, 07:39:54 am »

I think that Flabort was trying to either save his own skin somehow (through utterly confusing everyone?!) or really believed that he could catch scum by the reactions to his bs. I think he couldn't have, with 16 people there and most people voting for his death or at least supporting.

Also, about Toaster.
You're a survivor, and now I'm pretty damn sure. You have taken jabs at people, but have otherwise been noncommittal. You aren't really questioning anyone, as far as I've noticed, but are making sure you don't seem scummy either. Basically, you're doing very well to stay neutral in most respects. I wouldn't have guessed if I hadn't expected you.
What do you plan to do, eh? [/inb4 Canada jokes]
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 22, 2014, 08:42:43 am »

Imp:
Silthuri:  Positive thought beams from me to you too, I hope things continue to get much better.  Are you current on the thread?  Do you predict needing more time of not being able to really play?
Thank you! I was fairly current up until day end. Semester just started for me and I'm settling back into my schedule. This should mean that I'll be around much more than I was, surprisingly enough. I might be able to get in two/three posts a day, depending on the amount of homework and closeness to an exam.

Varee:
Wolf and Slithuri : What do you think of NQT death? He seem to be the one that suspect the "less than active players" a lot. Do you think this will bring suspicious to us?

Possible Vig or SK kill?? He didn't seem like a good candidate for a scum kill. I would suspect 4mask of lying about NQT not killing himself with his ability, but I fail to see why NQT would use his ability so early on someone who didn't seem really scummy. I don't see it coming back on the "less than active players." Especially those who have legitimate reasons to be absent.

Will try to get in another post later today containing reads.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 22, 2014, 10:53:02 am »

Okay, got my confirmation from Wubbah. Had targeted Toaster, got the Lawless Scavenger Auto i described earlier. I may have been redirected. If so do warn, but that's what i've got.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 22, 2014, 11:04:39 am »

Nah, that's me.  Yeah, I've been getting those abilities, in return for not having any to start with.

For the record:

Shakerag:  An auto that does nothing, but is removed first if an auto ability is removed.
Flabort:  His revive, which pretty much works as he claimed it
NQT: He can dictate how random abilities work.  Therefore, it's extremely safe to assume that he didn't kill himself, block claims notwithstanding.
Persus:  Immunity to Shakerag.  Shakerag cannot action this person, including this person being unlynchable if Shakerag is voting him.

I don't have any non-auto actions.  And yes, if I lose that auto, I die.

More coming later; wanted to get that out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 22, 2014, 11:38:02 am »

4maskwolf, are you willing to tell us everything you know about the ability theft ability?

Failing that, are you able to tell from it if the person who has it gets -all- the abilities that have been REDACTED, or only keeps the most recent, or however else that ability may be limited?
I'm actually not allowed to say any more.  Sorry.

Are you willing to tell us why you picked NQT to roleblock last night?
Yes I am.  I targeted him for the same reason I targeted Cheeetar N1: I was suspicious of him due to his hammer, particularly his given reasons for it.

4maskwolf: You've told us you are rather burned out of Mafia, and recently mentioned you'd even forgotten you were still playing in a Mafia game.  Do you only play this game for the night game, and do you feel that's enough for a good mafia game?

I have a couple of theories on no night deaths, but I'll wait until tomorrow to tell you all them (tomorrow as in tomorrow, not as in day 3).

Ready to share your theories yet?
No, I play for the day game too.

I did tell you my theories, but since my role has evolved I'll tell you what could have happened:
My old role was kill resistant: the first time a given player targeted me with a kill action, it would fail.

4mask:
To clarify: I know the identities of the tracker and the rolecop. I'm not going to say who, because if they are town I want to protect their identities unless they choose to claim. The tracker probably shouldn't: you don't really have much info to share, at least not from last night (nothing adverse happened to TolyK). The rolecop, however, may want to, and I'll tell you that this player's name can be easily shortened to an acronym (which should narrow it down for you, so you know I'm telling the truth if this person does choose to claim).
Why'd you mostly but not explicitly out a rolecop?
I'm not allowed to say any more on the matter.  I'm sorry.

I've told you what I know of NQT's death.

Okay, so.

On the whole Toaster having these powers thing.

I'd vote him, but TolyK has vouched for him.  This could be a quick reaction to save his scumbuddy, but I can't confirm this and am going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 22, 2014, 11:47:14 am »

Oh.
Well, this makes perfect sense.

Lynching Toaster is silly as he has a revive. He's also almost definitely a survivor, with an auto called "lawless scavenger" to boot. I do not know what to do with him, given we have an SK (unless Wuba made the ultimate Skakerag troll) and mafia as well, and three townies dead.

Wait. 4mask. Why can't you say more? Did Wuba make an error, or did your buddies tell you not to?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 22, 2014, 12:09:07 pm »

Scripten:  At one time you said you thought 4maskwolf was flabort's scumbuddy.  Would you review your case on 4mask and how it has changed over time?

Honestly, as we go into the new day, 4maskwolf does appear more town to me, and not only because of Flabort's flip. I'm not sure where I want to go to lynch scum, honestly. I am definitely feeling like Toaster is a third party, but he may also be scum who's trying to pass himself off as a harmless outsider role.

Varee is doing a little better with scumhunting but he's also setting off a ton of red flags in my head. Granted, he's done that whenever I play in the same game, so it can be tough to get a good read on him.

Also, flavor note. [REDACTED] is a trope used in the SCP files website to act as a sort of thematic veil over information meant to be kept in the dark. May have relevance to Flabort's role. He may have a hidden power.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 22, 2014, 01:06:33 pm »

Okay, you got me.  I am a Survivor.

I am The Player of BYOR 13 to Whom the Rules Do Not Apply.  Apparently that means 1) I don't get actual actions 2) I don't care for the normal Town/Mafia alignment rules.  I was hoping for some sort of crazy outsider alignment, or a hilarious role that could edit posts and talk at night and such hilarity, but alas.

I have no actions to claim because I have no non-auto actions.

Scripten:
Also, flavor note. [REDACTED] is a trope used in the SCP files website to act as a sort of thematic veil over information meant to be kept in the dark. May have relevance to Flabort's role. He may have a hidden power.

Or I ate his revive.

I'm starting to believe TolyK's motives now, though his claiming methodology still baffles me.

TolyK:  What do you know of Varee?  Why did you give a percentage on Tiruin and Flabort when you hadn't inspected them for actual information?

Cheeetar:  The above lines should answer your question.  Can you confirm you were blocked N1?

Irony:
Toaster, I can't help but notice that the only semisolid player you've gone after this game was Scripten, whom you bailed off of immediately on their doing anything. Do you intend to do any big game hunting today, or harass TolyK, Varee, and anyone who's not voting?

I'll shoot it straight: I want to find that SK.  Given his claims, I doubt it's TolyK (pending his answers to the questions above) and it's clearly not Flabort, so I'm going to continue to check on Varee and also broaden my search.

Varee:
Toaster: Explain your move yesterday, What the deal with scripten and vote swing?

It's exactly as I said.  His D2 start was wimpy, but then he beefed up his game later in the day.

Are you ever going to vote anyone?  Also, I can't help but notice your so-claimed easily confirmable power has consistently failed to deliver.

Going to do some digging.  Did I miss anything?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 123