Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241663 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

Persus, why aren't you bandwagoning Tiruin?

Tiruin is your millerdom thematically appropriate to your role?

Silthuri were you disappointed by your alignment?

Varee, how do you intend to make the most out of Day 1?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2014, 04:36:12 pm »

Your question is in the sheet and it'll come up i-
This..this isn't one of those powers which activate when you ask people a certain wording in such a way right? :I
I remember Vector.
I remember that.
I ain't answering that thing, yo. I:
Because seriously, I'm remembering that horror thing too. And wondering if I got my tone right here...bleh

Tiruin:  Why are you using that damn tiny text?  Are you trying to hide something?  Obviously you must be fake-miller-claiming scum then.
O_o
It's...still readable.
Also I do it everywhere on the forum.
It's only 2 superscript tags, too. I guess its a typing quirk(?) I've developed? That, and I guess it was developed out of my formatting usage in my RtD. Because tons of liberal formatting had to be used to give the writing its desired edge.
In which I must post and update that once I overcome my fear >_> bleh.

Anyway yeah.

PPE: Scrippy
Tiruin: Instant miller claim. Why claim so early in the game, Tiruin?
It's more of a null claim, actually.
Here in B12, I've been amongst the discussions of a 'mandatory D1 miller claim' usage and have more on been leaning that it was a neutral tell than any kind of town idea given that such incorporates either diverse planning, suspicion and psychological aspects of the player, or the consistency of the role, the dayplay and the interactions between players. I'm doing this merely to poke at an aspect of my role.

Thinking along the idea the instance of this is for investigators: I'm either town miller or scum playing miller; neutral in the aspect of having the interpretation of it to...everyone else, actually. Doesn't matter much until value is placed on it however I give it as a note for advance--given the associative value of being a miller, it will be up to those who deem my attitude connected to whatever-may-be-important-to-them as an important note.
Meaning: How you interpret this is mostly based on how you...interpret it. I'm pointing more on others' interpretations here.

PPE OH COME ON 6 REPLIES x_x

Tiruin: Who do you feel you can reliably tell whether or not they're scum?
Not at instantgamestart :P
My tells come from attitude--given my affinity for sentient behavior (heh, sentient...)--as well as tracking behavioral patterns and interactions between players. Motive, intent and other related ideas.

Though...err, reword question please? It's a bit confusing to answer if I get that you're asking me 'who among us[...] > tell names' or 'how do you tell if[...] > give an idea on how you value scummy peoples or such'

Scripten: Why you bandwagoning on Tiruin?
It's...not even an hour into the game.
I don't think this qualifies as a bandwagon despite semi-hammers in effect.
Webadict: What is a semi-hammer?

PPE NQT

._.
*flips open dictionary*
I can't think on the meaning of thematically despite knowing it! D:
> Grammar.
Err...no? Yes? O_o
I'm guessing my millerdom is pretty much related...in a way? to my role. Because I made it go more along metaphysics. Thought being the theme. T'would've been nice if I picked B12 Forum Mafia Board as my role, but this is an example of the metaphysics of it.
...The essence, I guess? That seems more appropriate.
I believe the millerdom-ship being related to the...essence of my role when thought about...in a way.
>_<
Maybe. It depends.
How is grammar related to being a miller? I'm confused and tried to answer it in the best way possible. Gray morality? Erh?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »

Hello America. This is your President, Nerjin, presiding. I think it's time for us to have a little chat, if you don't mind. But before I ask questions of you, a concerned citizen has written to me with regards to a question they have.

Nerjin: How do BYORs differ compared to regular Mafia?

Oh quite the rapscallion we have here folks. Ha ha, let's answer that. One could consider a BYOR to be America. Strong. Proud. Unpredicitable in composition. As opposed to some less countries which are our stand ins for regular mafia. Weak. Pathetic. Predictable. That is not to say that a regular mafia game isn't good. It's just that a BYOR is the best.

Now I have some questions for you America. If you would be so kind to indulge me.

Wuba is awesome. I love my role.

Oh, the game has started.

Hi everyone.  My name is 4maskwolf.  It's time to play a game.  I like to play.  Do you like to play.

A country is only as strong as its people. We stand, right now, at the brink of war. Questions like this make us flabby and soft. I ask you: What did you expect to occur after asking this question? I implore you, keep focused and ever vigilant.

Also I'm a miller. Woo first game as a miller! \o/

Dear Tiruin. Dear, Dear Tiruin. I'm afraid I can't quite believe that just yet. If I may ask, what exactly your role states in regards to this development? If you can be as specific as possible I promise you a full pardon for any and all transgressions. However, for now, I am forced to regard you as suspect. Though you seem to be quite guilt free at the moment.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2014, 04:44:40 pm »

Tiruin
"Thematically appropriate" means, "fitting with the theme". And 'theme' here means 'collection of related ideas that make up your role'. So miller would be fitting with the role 'Undercover Cop', because an Undercover Cop is a member of the town but would look like a criminal, but it might not fit with Fluffy Bunny, as there's nothing inherently suspicious about bunnies. So you're saying 'miller' is appropriate to your role? So your saying that the role you chose is someone that presents as a bad guy. Is that right?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2014, 04:47:42 pm »

Tiruin, I've played games without declaring Miller d1 (Jack's byor is an example) if I believe there could be others.

Hello everyone. Don't feel like asking questions since I need to sleep.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »

Here in B12, I've been amongst the discussions of a 'mandatory D1 miller claim' usage and have more on been leaning that it was a neutral tell than any kind of town idea given that such incorporates either diverse planning, suspicion and psychological aspects of the player, or the consistency of the role, the dayplay and the interactions between players. I'm doing this merely to poke at an aspect of my role.

Thinking along the idea the instance of this is for investigators: I'm either town miller or scum playing miller; neutral in the aspect of having the interpretation of it to...everyone else, actually. Doesn't matter much until value is placed on it however I give it as a note for advance--given the associative value of being a miller, it will be up to those who deem my attitude connected to whatever-may-be-important-to-them as an important note.
Meaning: How you interpret this is mostly based on how you...interpret it. I'm pointing more on others' interpretations here.

Okay, at this juncture, I really should clarify that my vote was still RVS. I just prefer my RVS votes to have SOME sort of game-related justification. Though, I appreciate the more in-depth examination of theory.

Also, all this role playing is quite fun. I hadn't been in a BYOR until now, so it's a nice change.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2014, 04:52:30 pm »

Scripten:
Imp, Cheetar, & Shakerag: I haven't played or seen a game of mafia in which you've taken part, but you seem to be a regular around these parts. What's your strong suite; day or night game?
Why don't you go back and read games that I've been in and formulate your own opinion, then?
How does one have a strong night game anyway?  All you do is send in an action (or not).

Also, all this role playing is quite fun. I hadn't been in a BYOR until now, so it's a nice change.
Role playing?

Persus13:
Shakerag: Do you think the order roles were sent out and alignments correlate? Will we be switching voting methods like in a previous BYOR or did WUBA heavily nerf your role?

Scripten: Why you bandwagoning on Tiruin?
I think webadict has been doing this long enough and is crafty enough to not send out role PMs grouped by alignment.  Granted, I could be wrong, but that seems like something he would have thought of.  I have no idea whether or not we will be switching voting methods this game.  I'm thinking likely not as I don't recall a lot of recycled gimmicks among webadict games, but then my memory is poor and not to be trusted.  I also don't know why you'd think that webadict would "heavily nerf" my role, as that doesn't make any sense to me. 

Are you being genuinely serious about calling bandwagoning already?  :-/

4maskwolf:
Shakerag: Is there a specific power you hope to see in this game?  A specific mechanic that you hope someone has?  If so, what?
I don't think I've ever been in a game with a jester, so I suppose that would be fairly interesting to see.  Otherwise ... I'd say that I'm just expecting webadict to throw out something novel as he typically does in BYORs.

Tiruin:
Tiruin:  Why are you using that damn tiny text?  Are you trying to hide something?  Obviously you must be fake-miller-claiming scum then.
Yes, I know.  And I seethe every time I see it.  Note that I didn't say 'read it', because I can't.

Nerjin:  Do you have a posting restriction as part of your role?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2014, 04:55:37 pm »

Also I'm a miller. Woo first game as a miller! \o/

Dear Tiruin. Dear, Dear Tiruin. I'm afraid I can't quite believe that just yet. If I may ask, what exactly your role states in regards to this development? If you can be as specific as possible I promise you a full pardon for any and all transgressions. However, for now, I am forced to regard you as suspect. Though you seem to be quite guilt free at the moment.
I'm prone to expounding in verbosity when asked questions that can be answered one way or the other :/

Anyway in regard to that role, i sent in an...amorphous concept. The theme of Thought. It is neutral in its existence, yet may be perceived as evil by some, understood by others, and accepted by the rest. In all sense, it is...erh, like thought ._.
My role has no bearing towards being a miller, however it may be taken as..negative(?) just as much as it is beneficial. Something seemingly malevolent at first but in due process of thought, would be quite benevolent or neutral, and on the flip side something that would seem neutral or beneficial but in the later tense would be...quite bland.
Also pardon? Dear goodness do you write well.

So yeah. I'm trying my best to guess Webadict's thinking. :I Anyone try sending in a role of vanilla townie?
Think upon it.
Then think that I themed my role as Thought.
Then read my one instance that i first responded to it:

PPE NQT

._.
*flips open dictionary*
I can't think on the meaning of thematically despite knowing it! D:
> Grammar.
Err...no? Yes? O_o
I'm guessing my millerdom is pretty much related...in a way? to my role. Because I made it go more along metaphysics. Thought being the theme. T'would've been nice if I picked B12 Forum Mafia Board as my role, but this is an example of the metaphysics of it.
...The essence, I guess? That seems more appropriate.
I believe the millerdom-ship being related to the...essence of my role when thought about...in a way.
>_<
Maybe. It depends.
How is grammar related to being a miller? I'm confused and tried to answer it in the best way possible. Gray morality? Erh?

In orange being the essence--or the essential idea of it.

PPPE
Tiruin, I've played games without declaring Miller d1 (Jack's byor is an example) if I believe there could be others.

Hello everyone. Don't feel like asking questions since I need to sleep.
...All games I've played in, the miller claims ~d1 ish.
You're the only person, on a search, who I recall does not claim Miller D1. :P

Tiruin
"Thematically appropriate" means, "fitting with the theme". And 'theme' here means 'collection of related ideas that make up your role'. So miller would be fitting with the role 'Undercover Cop', because an Undercover Cop is a member of the town but would look like a criminal, but it might not fit with Fluffy Bunny, as there's nothing inherently suspicious about bunnies. So you're saying 'miller' is appropriate to your role? So your saying that the role you chose is someone that presents as a bad guy. Is that right?
Oh.
So Yes. However, it isn't "appropriate" for my role. Believe me when I say that the first assumption that 'hey, this is usually taken as a bad thing or entity; universal behavior or teaching applies//first impressions pertain to a negative sense about it' is not one to be taken when pondering upon my indication of miller. Thought, is one thing that is neutral, however can be taken into negative/positive with whatever you do with it.

Hilariously, webadict made my role. :I Please take my words for this that I do not want to be role-copped. Any other kind of investigative or whatever power is totally fine. Just not role cop.

PPE
Tiruin:
Yes, I know.  And I seethe every time I see it.  Note that I didn't say 'read it', because I can't.
Oh dear :s Sorry Shakerag.
Didn't put into mind that thing.

Will not use mini-text from now on in this thread.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2014, 04:59:02 pm »

Hello America. Let's have a talk.

There are those who doubt whether or not I am capable as president. They wonder amongst themselves "Can our president post as he pleases?"

Well, America, I am sad to say that not all Presidents are given the freedom of speech that the rest of the country so enjoys. I, however, am not one of these weak presidents. I can say what I want, whenever I want. Do bear in mind, that I do this not for myself. But for you dear America. To answer your questions: No, there is no restriction on what your dear President can say.

That's all for now America. One Country. One heart. One soul. One America.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2014, 05:00:48 pm »

It would be weird if you are a Kingmaker-type role :P
But query for the future Nerjin--I'll advance this before anything else: Would you differentiate when you RP your role (because fun and all) between serious Mafia scumhunting and technical RP'ing?
Also I'm waaaaaay over half of the world, America!
..Sorry Shakerag.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2014, 05:04:23 pm »

Oh no, I can be far more creepy if I'm actually trying to be creepy.
That's terrifying.

Silthuri were you disappointed by your alignment?
Nope. I like playing as all alignments. I've only been third party once where I replaced in to die, and even that was kinda fun. The only way I could be disappointed is if I somehow managed to be a vanilla townie in this.

Will think of questions later. Maybe. I'm bad with RVS questions.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2014, 05:10:20 pm »

There is a set deadline, but if there has been a majority, they are lynched. By the way, 9 to Hammer. I forgot to add that part.

I think webadict has been doing this long enough and is crafty enough to not send out role PMs grouped by alignment.  Granted, I could be wrong, but that seems like something he would have thought of.  I have no idea whether or not we will be switching voting methods this game.  I'm thinking likely not as I don't recall a lot of recycled gimmicks among webadict games, but then my memory is poor and not to be trusted.  I also don't know why you'd think that webadict would "heavily nerf" my role, as that doesn't make any sense to me. 
My roles were sent in the order that I had labeled them finished. The alignment order is therefore mixed fairly well.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2014, 05:13:03 pm »

Oh no, I can be far more creepy if I'm actually trying to be creepy.
That's terrifying.
*4maskwolf does a pitiful puppy face*

Hello America. Let's have a talk.

There are those who doubt whether or not I am capable as president. They wonder amongst themselves "Can our president post as he pleases?"

Well, America, I am sad to say that not all Presidents are given the freedom of speech that the rest of the country so enjoys. I, however, am not one of these weak presidents. I can say what I want, whenever I want. Do bear in mind, that I do this not for myself. But for you dear America. To answer your questions: No, there is no restriction on what your dear President can say.

That's all for now America. One Country. One heart. One soul. One America.
*4maskwolf cocks his head to the side at the barrage of words, then returns to eating food*
President Nerjin: How do you feel about the recent theft of cake from Webadict's party?
Silthuri: What do you feel is the most annoying type of third party, should it exist?
Shakerag: Does your role name start with "The BYOR 13 Role that" again?

There is a set deadline, but if there has been a majority, they are lynched. By the way, 9 to Hammer. I forgot to add that part.

My roles were sent in the order that I had labeled them finished. The alignment order is therefore mixed fairly well.
*cocks head to one side and listens attentively*

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »

4maskwolf, the emotes aren't a posting restriction are they?

Spoiler: Shakerag & Scripten (click to show/hide)

Idea: Lynching Tiruin is currently the best thing we can do right now- if she's miller, we save the trouble of investigator worrying about her. If she's scum, we killed a scum.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2014, 05:23:35 pm »

Idea: Lynching Tiruin is currently the best thing we can do right now- if she's miller, we save the trouble of investigator worrying about her. If she's scum, we killed a scum.
Why would an investigator worry about me at all? And the best thing 'we' can do right now? Huh. Interesting thought process.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 123