Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241716 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2014, 01:03:31 pm »

My role is quite loosely tied to what I sent in, but generally unified by a common theme.  My general flavour, which is weakly tied to the thing I sent in, tells me what my role was basically built around.  One of my powers does not fit my general flavour, and is barely tied to the thing I sent in, but at least in flavour it fits the wider field my general flavour puts me in.

Basically, Wuba's interpretation of what I sent in is a bit odd, and doesn't fully fit together, but I can sort of see how he came to make it like that.
The pains of being an artiste!

I'll get you guys a vote count when I get off work.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2014, 01:05:27 pm »

Webadict: I do like the role.  Powers seem fun, and overall flavour is amusing.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2014, 01:30:59 pm »

Is there anyone else who is unsure how their role fits in with the idea they sent?
Didn't see this question earlier. I'm a tad confused how the night ability fits, but I'm quite happy with how it works, so I have no complaints.

Jack A T Mario is Busing Bowser. How does Princess Peach, who is Tiruin, react? As a Toad, how do you react?
flabort: Sorry, I'm having trouble finding that stuff right now.  Cannot answer.
That's fine, I'm just pleased you remember what I was referring to.

Flabort:  3) I had only read up to the post you asked me that as of the time I typed the answer.  All caught up now, and it still wasn't too bad.
4)  Ah.  Potatoes are heavily involved later.
5)  It's not really camping if there are 300+ people.
3) OK. That's good.
4) Alright. How involved? Actually, I can look for myself, can't I. I'll do that after watching House for a bit.
5) Precisely. There's even a store that sells books and vegetarian food, plus Jones Soda, which is part of why I can tolerate that particular yearly trip. And a cafeteria, though no-one I know chooses to eat there. And my friends there all play MtG, so we played that almost all week, with Munchkin and Crazy Eights and Phase 10 as well. Which many of the older people at said trip would disapprove of, because ages range from 0 to 110, and they're sticks in the mud, but my friends make it all worthwhile. So yeah, that's not camping, which is why I put up with that trip. The trip I was about to be taken on is camping, and my friends would not be joining us, so I didn't want to go.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2014, 01:36:51 pm »

Is there anyone else who is unsure how their role fits in with the idea they sent?
My powers and autos and stuff seem to fit perfectly with the role, but my role wasn't exactly the hardest one to work with.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2014, 01:45:55 pm »

flabort: Why do you use intricate methods of analogy in questions to certain people? Is it a shift of viewpoint or is there something up with your wording there?
I can't say I'm entirely sure what you mean. Could you point out where I used analogy (besides Jack, and it's more reaction test than analogy there)?
Err, I should done my clarifications. I was staring at your note to Jack A T here, using a time-honored tradition of referencing Mario.
It was curiosity.

pfp

What questions, Tiruin? What was left unanswered?

OK Cheet. I usually do, but I might not as I'm pretty busy at the moment.

Interesting Toly. Do you have any questions for me?
[...]
And I do see my question on why you're asking it not yet answered, NQT
It is Unlucky.

Why do you care so much about it? Got an ability or tag to inspect it? Go bloody ahead.

[...]Are you making the notice that you may have something attached to the names of things more obvious or what? That is a valid ability seen before, by the way.

4maskwolf: Right, this is where I bring that question back again. In the situation of being chided or seemingly being faced with abrasiveness, do you think it is better to act proactively or act reactively? As in, the former being a response which is calm and collected versus the response that lies with emotions and has more 'impact' in a sense?
Heh, the question looked bigger on my ipod.  Which is better?  Calm and collected.  Which am I likely to do?  Emotional.
:c
But sometimes it feels like you take it personally. I know I just did...because of my mood at the time which wasn't good due to RL stuff >.> (Srry NQT)
Got methods there which would help ya with your emotions? This is more player-person based.

THE PACIFIC OCEAN
Tsunami (one-shot) - blah blah

Considering Tiruin lives in an area where Pacific tsunamis are a legitimate concern, I'd say that was the inappropriate one.
That was my joke :P
But yeah, despite being near/along the PRF [Pacific Ring O' Fire], I'm in a pretty nice place away from the Tsunami.
...Last one that hit us was thankfully not that strong, thank God.
I'm on a mountain.

But thanks for the concern. It stabs my heart nicely. C:

Spoiler: As an aside (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: What do you believe is the biggest scumtell on day one?  Does the biggest scumtell change as the days progress?
I believe the biggest scumtell is that which carries over to the proceeding days--no game is won in a day and in D1 the information just begins to seep. I speak this in a general way because of the...err, 'interval' approach I look at scumtells at D1.
Those that curry suspicion and may as well carry over in D2, usually as conversational topics, are pretty much 'big' for me.

So yes, it changes as much as how you word your...words.
Quote from: wikipedia
Despite the origin of the term from the Greek roots skhizein ("to split") and phrēn ("mind"), schizophrenia does not imply a "split personality", or "multiple personality disorder"—a condition with which it is often confused in public perception.
And no, I'm not schizophrenic.  Just a horrible person.
No you ain't. :I

PFP here, will get back to read soon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2014, 01:46:53 pm »

4maskwolf
Flabort: Why in all flavor of damnation did you avoid camping?PPE:
4maskwolf:
Do that again, and I will vote you for wasting everyone's time. That was NOT neccesary and you shouldn't have done it. You are obviously intelligent enough to trim the post into something resembling coherent, so I expect you to do so in the future. It wasn't cute. It wasn't funny. It was a waste of time and space. If you're going to make a wall of text, do it because you have something to say. Not because... Whyever you did it.
You know the number of shits I give about people threatening me with votes?  Zero.  You heard me right.  Zero.  Go ahead, use your vote for no other reason than you hate my posting style.  All it would serve to do is prove that you don't particularly care about your vote, that you don't see it as a valuable weapon for you.  Which is not a good thing, mind you.
4maskwolf, quoting a small wall of text for no reason is bad forum etiquette, especially as you can't go back and edit it. This game already has and will have plenty of extremely long posts. Adding to it does not help. It is unhelpful to the game in general. Responding to someone's comment about it being unhelpful by being even more unhelpful and threatening doesn't help either.
I was not threatening him, but thank you for demonstrating how little you care about your vote usage.
All it would serve to do is prove that you don't particularly care about your vote, that you don't see it as a valuable weapon for you.  Which is not a good thing, mind you.

Use your vote in a manner that is in accordance with the needs of the town.
Those weren't meant as a threat?

Also, your accusing me of not caring about how I use my vote, and your voting flabort for not liking camping?

Persus13: You have replaced in numerous times for various people in mafia games.  Do you believe there is anything good about replacing in that you wouldn't get by starting in the game?
You get to avoid D1, and often get to experience a fresh start while other people have scummy things they've already said, so you can focus less on defending yourself and more on scumhunting.

Jack A T
4maskwolf, quoting a small wall of text for no reason is bad forum etiquette, especially as you can't go back and edit it. This game already has and will have plenty of extremely long posts. Adding to it does not help. It is unhelpful to the game in general. Responding to someone's comment about it being unhelpful by being even more unhelpful and threatening doesn't help either.
Persus13: Alright, I understand that you haven't read a significant part of the thread, and thus are unaware of the votes already on 4maskwolf and of his use of an iPod to play.  However, this is still an astoundingly lazy vote.  You're largely repeating Nerjin's complaint about 4mask not cutting his quotes enough, and your addition (that his response to Nerjin's threats was unhelpful) does little to make voting for 4mask a good idea.

Please explain, in detail, how 4maskwolf's poor etiquette in posting a longer post than necessary and how 4mask's response to Nerjin threatening to vote him for poor etiquette indicate scumhood.
For the record, I have read the entire thread, and I haven't seen anywhere where 4maskwolf said he was on an iPod. Regardless, that is irrelevant to the present discussion.

Here's my explanation. Currently 4maskwolf is the scummiest player for his response to Nerjin. The only other player I find scummy currently, is Cheeetar, because up until he voted Jiokuy, I was convinced he was a Lyncher due to his focus on lynching Tiruin and pushing for that lynch instead of doing any scumhunting. Now he's started scumhunting, so my suspicions of him are somewhat lessened.

Anyway, I think 4maskwolf is scummy because of the way he reacted to Nerjin voting him. The right response would have been to apologize for reposting an entire giant post and drop the matter. Instead he reacted extremely defensively for no reason, swearing at Nerjin and basically telling Nerjin that if you vote me I will try and lynch you for it. 4maskwolf had no reason to repost that giant post of flabort's and it was at worst an inconvenience, so 4maskwolf's reactionary and ridiculous defensiveness is uncharacteristic and unnecessary, especially as last I checked, you were the only one voting him.

Also, thanks for getting me to clarify that, I needed to figure out why I thought something was off with that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2014, 01:51:28 pm »

Jack A T
[...]
Please explain, in detail, how 4maskwolf's poor etiquette in posting a longer post than necessary and how 4mask's response to Nerjin threatening to vote him for poor etiquette indicate scumhood.
For the record, I have read the entire thread, and I haven't seen anywhere where 4maskwolf said he was on an iPod. Regardless, that is irrelevant to the present discussion.

Here's my explanation. Currently 4maskwolf is the scummiest player for his response to Nerjin. The only other player I find scummy currently, is Cheeetar, because up until he voted Jiokuy, I was convinced he was a Lyncher due to his focus on[...] lynching Tiruin and pushing for that lynch instead of doing any scumhunting. Now he's started scumhunting, so my suspicions of him are somewhat lessened.
Would be weird to say he's pretty much a lyncher due to the way he positioned and worded his curiosity regarding the claim in question. While I'd say its intriguing to know (I'm biased a bit in checking Cheetar out as a vet, too), that's one of the main reasons I unvoted him (as an extra since this'll come up later anyway though I'm too tired to connect it to othe rpertinent ideas in my thoughts right now)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2014, 01:54:12 pm »

Those weren't meant as a threat?

Also, your accusing me of not caring about how I use my vote, and your voting flabort for not liking camping?
It was a warning about how it would be perceived.

Also, what I did was a blatantly obvious random vote because lolz and I don't care anymore.  What you did is a deliberate vote for no reason other than you don't like my posting style.

Anyway, I think 4maskwolf is scummy because of the way he reacted to Nerjin voting him. The right response would have been to apologize for reposting an entire giant post and drop the matter. Instead he reacted extremely defensively for no reason, swearing at Nerjin and basically telling Nerjin that if you vote me I will try and lynch you for it. 4maskwolf had no reason to repost that giant post of flabort's and it was at worst an inconvenience, so 4maskwolf's reactionary and ridiculous defensiveness is uncharacteristic and unnecessary, especially as last I checked, you were the only one voting him.
Nerjin never voted me, in case you didn't notice.  What I said was "I don't care if you vote me".  How is that scummy, precisely?  I also did not threaten him or tell him I would lynch him: I was telling him to find better grounds for a lynch or look elsewhere, because voting someone on shaky grounds like that is extremely scummy.  You have blatantly misinterpreted my post to the point where I'm not sure it's possible for it to be an accident, Persus13.

Oh, and unvote, I'll read over the thread later and see if there's anyone worthy of an actual vote, rather than an RVS vote.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2014, 01:58:55 pm »

Hello again sweet America. This is your President, Nerjin, presiding. We are currently in the second day of a conflict for the ages. I see that all of you are trying desperately to root out the communists who dared, who had the gall, to harm America. You are alone no more. As your president I have been authorized to assist in any way I can. I would like to start by releasing some, previously classified, documents detailing my thoughts. I have sorted alphabetically by citizen. I hope they’re helpful.

Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Imp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notquitethere (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Persus13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Silthuri (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Well America, that’s almost everything. But one thing that caught my eye:

I'm not that invested in staying alive this game, so in the absence of other tells, I offer myself as tribute.

So aside from being incredibly rude towards other players and semi-active lurking [he has made several posts recently that contain little to nothing of value inside of them.], His voting of Flabort for no real reason, he also doesn’t care about remaining alive to help town. Perhaps it is foolish to expect someone on their way out to commit. But if you don’t care about being alive, why should we 4mask?

With that sad business out of the way I’m afraid we must part ways for now sweet America. Remember: One Soul, One Heart, One America.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »

So aside from being incredibly rude towards other players and semi-active lurking [he has made several posts recently that contain little to nothing of value inside of them.], His voting of Flabort for no real reason, he also doesn’t care about remaining alive to help town. Perhaps it is foolish to expect someone on their way out to commit. But if you don’t care about being alive, why should we 4mask?
*shrugs*
You shouldn't care about me being alive.  Nobody but me knows my alignment, I could be anti-town for all you know.  If you really want to lynch me, feel free.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2014, 02:14:35 pm »

Also, CanLII?
Tiruin: Forgot to answer this, sorry.  CanLII.  I read stuff.

Here's my explanation. Currently 4maskwolf is the scummiest player for his response to Nerjin. The only other player I find scummy currently, is Cheeetar, because up until he voted Jiokuy, I was convinced he was a Lyncher due to his focus on lynching Tiruin and pushing for that lynch instead of doing any scumhunting. Now he's started scumhunting, so my suspicions of him are somewhat lessened.

Also, thanks for getting me to clarify that, I needed to figure out why I thought something was off with that.
Persus13: Thank you for the clear and detailed response.
On the iPod thing: 4mask mentioned using one here.  The relevance is in the possible explanation of 4mask's failure to cut the quote down... but, looking back, he did make a cut version of the quote later in the post, so it is irrelevant.

On votes for 4mask: NQT was also voting for Wolf.

You state that the "right response" to Nerjin's post would have been purely apologetic and would have involved dropping the issue, and that 4maskwolf was needlessly and ridiculously defensive/aggressive.  I have a couple questions:
*Does the fact that Nerjin explicitly threatened to vote to lynch 4maskwolf for poor etiquette alone have any impact on the "right response" to Nerjin's complaints?
*Aside from your view of 4maskwolf's response as excessively defensive, what do you think of 4mask's argument that voting him for etiquette reasons is a bad idea and worthy of a vote?

Nerjin: Can you explain how flabort's question to Cheeetar about PFP players is irrelevant enough to the game, compared to the average RVS question, that you felt it was necessary to take a shot at him for?

As a side note, I fully understood flabort's question to me (it's based on an odd private conversation the two of us had a while back in which we ended up coming up with roles for Mario characters).  With that information added, do you still see it as irrelevant?

You shouldn't care about me being alive.  Nobody but me knows my alignment, I could be anti-town for all you know.  If you really want to lynch me, feel free.
4maskwolf: What are you even doing?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2014, 02:27:52 pm »

I'm responding to things as I see them chronologically, so if anything looks odd, that may be why.

4maskwolf:
Shakerag: Does your role name start with "The BYOR 13 Role that" again?
I am nothing if not a creature of habits.

I haven't really played with you all that much.  What is your favorite part of Wuba's BYORs.
Seeing what he comes up with when I submit another "The BYOR ## Role That ..."
That, and crazy power-related bullshit. 

flabort:
Shakerag What "shakeragian" role would you recommend for each player, based on what you know of those players?
Are you seriously asking me to come up with 16 roles for your amusement? 
Why would you want me to spend my time on something like that rather than paying attention to the game and finding scum?
Also, PFP can mean "posting from profession" which is pretty much what I use PFP for. 

Cheeetar:
See the last line of flabort's response.
Also, I'd be behind a miller lynch if there really wasn't anything scummier to go on.  Having said that, I think the odds of a miller claim being the scummiest thing on D1 are pretty low though.  For the record, I think a miller claim post-inspection is more scummy than an early miller claim, for whatever that's worth.

Imp:
Shakerag:
Imp:  Do you think your pre-game banter will make you more of a target now?

It might, which could be useful.  Do you view my pre-game banter as useful or meaningful to you?

Shakerag
Note that I didn't say 'read it', because I can't.

If you want to read it, copy/paste it into notepad or something, or just quote the post.  Since you probably knew of at least both of those options, why'd you claim you couldn't read Tiruin's tinywrite?
So you're saying that you'd benefit from being a target?  That's interesting to know.  No, I don't think your pre-game banter is useful, although your responses to it now may be. 

Also, I'm not going to be arsed to take extra steps to read someone's post.  If I need to magnify, decode, or copy/paste what you're writing then it isn't worth reading.  And I'll think less of you as a person for doing so. 

IronyOwl:
To be honest I'm not familiar enough with either of them anymore. Well, I think I'm still reasonably familiar with Tiruin, but her posts tend to make my head hurt. :P
You wound me, IO.  But I do agree with you in regards to Tiruin. 

Jack A T:
Shakerag: Has your role screwed everyone over yet?  If not, when will it?
You, too, wound me, Jack.  While I would find it hilarious if my role could screw everyone over, I doubt webadict would allow things to be that unbalanced.  As for the rest, you can take your role-fishing attempts elsewhere.

Persus13:  Are you willing to lynch a person for posting in an annoying manner as the only reason?

If I missed a question, yell. 

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2014, 02:33:30 pm »

*shrugs*
Ow-tato! Stop that. Stop poking your Jester's stick into my trillions of eyes!

Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
1) Because I was prepared to BE a PFP Player, and I wanted to know if he was they type to lynch someone over it. I mercifully don't have to go now, so I won't be, but I wanted to know.
2) Seeding spuds.
3) Well, that's one way that question could be interpreted. Jack understood the other.
4) Fair enough. It seems nobody is ever able to predict the actions of others.
5) The questions you may feel are less than applicable have their own way of being applicable. Many of the questions I ask may seem this way, that they do not apply or may not be timed right. The reason for this is that I'm still learning to ask the right questions and I feel that the questions have to be creative; I don't feel like asking the same questions every game is productive.

flabort:
Shakerag What "shakeragian" role would you recommend for each player, based on what you know of those players?
Are you seriously asking me to come up with 16 roles for your amusement? 
Why would you want me to spend my time on something like that rather than paying attention to the game and finding scum?
Also, PFP can mean "posting from profession" which is pretty much what I use PFP for. 
Actually, I'm asking you to think of what you know about each player, and come up with an answer based on that. Though I added the roles part for my amusement, yes, the question is less about the roles and more about the players.
The Cyan Menace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2014, 02:48:14 pm »

Hm.

I'm probably paranoid, but you should probably refrain from saying any variant of the P-word around Flabort.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2014, 02:54:17 pm »

Why? What's wrong with being posting from phone/profession/piano/parking garage/work/potato?
I just thought that since I was going to be absent, I should check if my low activity levels would get me lynched.
Since I'm not going to be anymore, I'm perfectly fine with that word.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 123