Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241719 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2014, 12:54:45 am »

Hello again America, this is your President, Nerjin, hoping to have a word with some of those who have called for my impeachment.

Nerjin: So you're the President from Fallout 3? Are you roleplaying it excessively so I can't catch you in a lie?

I'm afraid, in the interest of National Security, I am unable to divulge that information. When my term is up, however, I will lay bare all that I can. I assure you however that I am playing no role: For nefarious or no. Instead I am focusing on that which is important: Finding the moral degenerates who dare attack our sweet America.

That's all for now America and remember: America the Brave. America the Beautiful. America the Eternal.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2014, 02:27:15 am »

I'm really not sure whether 4mask is genuinely sick of Mafia at this point, or just a jester. I'm having trouble seeing his behaviour as helpful to the town though.
TolyK: Did you replace Jiokuy? Have I been voting for somebody who is actually no longer playing the game?
4mask seems to be playing games. Probably ones related to scum hunting, but that's less sure.

No, I'm replacing for Hapah, Jiokay was busy as far as I remember.

Also, Nerjin is a third party, pretty sure. Otherwise he just has a post restriction that doesn't allow him to say that he has a post restriction.
Who are your cabinet members?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2014, 07:22:19 am »

Tolyk:
Also, Nerjin is a third party, pretty sure. Otherwise he just has a post restriction that doesn't allow him to say that he has a post restriction.

What are you seeing in Nerjin's responses that leads you to be pretty sure he is third party?

Jack A T:
Imp: I find your response to Varee's question interesting, largely for the pragmatism and the lack of comments about etiquette.  Do you believe there to be any situations in which you would feel comfortable lying about your real life circumstances for an advantage?

Only thing that comes to mind is outside the bounds of probability and certainly isn't happening now: someone threatening me with IRL consequence unless I lied about it.  I'm not interested in making such lies for an in game advantage, and I don't see possible in game advantage to be gained from doing so either.

Varee's reply 193 left me with some concerns about his intentions and strategies as a player.

There's a difference between lacking etiquette oneself and discussing an etiquette-sensitive concept without mentioning etiquette at all.  If a player does not already view it as wrong to use lies about real life circumstances, how convincing is a discussion about the etiquette they lack likely to be upon shaping their behavior?  Other approaches exist; I used one.

Scripten:  You've got some unanswered questions still, but I've got more for you again. 
4maskwolf: You're playing a creepy role, aren't you? Betcha mine is creepier.
nope.  You're wrong about my role.
Your's would be, naturally.  It's hard to get any less creepy than my role.
Scripten: Why the role question right off of the bat?
Banter. I thought you were trying to (heh) role play something creepy.

At the time you posted your question to 4maskwolf, wolf had made only two posts.  What did you see in those two short posts that you interpreted as creepy roleplay?  What role did you see him roleplaying as, and why did you offer a bet that yours was creepier?

Okay, at this juncture, I really should clarify that my vote was still RVS. I just prefer my RVS votes to have SOME sort of game-related justification. Though, I appreciate the more in-depth examination of theory.

Also, all this role playing is quite fun. I hadn't been in a BYOR until now, so it's a nice change.
You state your vote was RVS, and that you want your RVS votes to have a game-related justification, and that you appreciate the examination of theory.

Do you believe that stating that your vote is RVS weakens or strengthens it?

You haven't exactly been pressuring or questioning except with your vote and you haven't been posting very much; are you satisfied with the effects you perceive that your play has so far?

Silthuri:  You mentioned you are bad with RVS questions, and that you're so far just skimming through posts to catch questions addressed to you, though you did mention you'd reread Sunday.

How will you know when we leave the RVS stage, what marks that change to you?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2014, 02:17:14 pm »

Tolyk:

What are you seeing in Nerjin's responses that leads you to be pretty sure he is third party?
Gut feeling. Don't tell me gut feeling isn't which to be pretty sure about something, but knowing Wuba rules and roles, along with how Nerjin is responding to questions about his restriction, those seem most logical assumptions to me.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2014, 02:37:26 pm »

Tiruin:
My powers are based on the # of people alive!

Why did you tell us this?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2014, 02:51:56 pm »

Hey Cheeetar, this just caught my eye. 
Also I haven't heard or seen the acronym PFP before, and it doesn't come up on google as anything interesting. It means posting from phone, right, and it isn't some sort of way Webadict has given you of identifying yourselves to each other?

But PFP has been used in other games you've played in, while you were still alive.  Here's one example, taken from the last BYOR, and it was used while you were still alive.

PFP - Bad net.

PFP was used a good, 6 times or so in that BYOR.  You serious that you just saw it now for the first time?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2014, 06:59:12 pm »

Hey Cheeetar, this just caught my eye. 
Also I haven't heard or seen the acronym PFP before, and it doesn't come up on google as anything interesting. It means posting from phone, right, and it isn't some sort of way Webadict has given you of identifying yourselves to each other?

But PFP has been used in other games you've played in, while you were still alive.  Here's one example, taken from the last BYOR, and it was used while you were still alive.

PFP - Bad net.

PFP was used a good, 6 times or so in that BYOR.  You serious that you just saw it now for the first time?

It's entirely possible I'd seen it before and forgotten. I didn't recall it, anyway.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2014, 09:06:35 pm »

Well, while I'm waiting on Jiokuy to show signs of life...

4maskwolf: Do you think the most likely outcome of Day 1 is your lynch, given that you seem fairly resigned and 3 votes are on you? (3 of the 9 necessary is not that much, mind.)
If so: Do you have anything to say that will aid town upon your flip? Any suspicions we can reliably trust if you flip town or uninvolved third party?
If not: Who do you think is acting scummy- would you like to put your vote and scumhunting abilities to use?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2014, 11:59:05 pm »

Who are your cabinet members?

Hello concerned citizen, you have raised the question whether or not I am third party. From what I hear you believe I am third party due to some gut feeling you have. I ask you: How sure are you? Are you willing to risk it? You use Occam's Razor as a baseline for your assumption. As far as I can tell, your reasoning looks something like this:

Our President is posting oddly
Third parties...
Therefore, President Nerjin is third party.

A wise American train of thought is not I'm afraid. Allow me to propose an alternate theory.

Our president is posting in a manner that he deems interesting and relevant to his role.
Our Concerned Citizen does not know Nerjin's role.
Therefore, Our Concerned Citizen is wary of Our President.

I cannot blame you for your wariness. I too am weary. Weary of an America focused on the non-issues. How I am posting matter not. What I post is filled, absolutely filled, with my scumhunting abilities at the forefront. What does this mean for America? It means she has a powerful ally by her side. Now, as I have stated, there are some things I cannot discuss. But one thing I can tell you is my cabinet composition.

It is you sweet America. America will guide me. Together, with America, I, and by extension you, will find the moral degenerates who attacked our proud nation. We will deal with them. Then, we shall enjoy an era of peace, unprecedented in this savage world.

That's all for now dear TolyK. That's all for now.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2014, 01:40:50 am »

Well if you really want to get into role I wouldnt be very informative talker and rather annoying so I dont think we really need to get into our role that much anyway. Also i feel that your role might have an effect on your alignment too.

I dont mind peopl talking in roles though, it is kind of entertaining to read.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2014, 04:02:37 am »

Understood, sir.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2014, 09:45:55 am »

Scripten:  You've got some unanswered questions still, but I've got more for you again. 

-snip-

At the time you posted your question to 4maskwolf, wolf had made only two posts.  What did you see in those two short posts that you interpreted as creepy roleplay?  What role did you see him roleplaying as, and why did you offer a bet that yours was creepier?

Okay, at this juncture, I really should clarify that my vote was still RVS. I just prefer my RVS votes to have SOME sort of game-related justification. Though, I appreciate the more in-depth examination of theory.

Also, all this role playing is quite fun. I hadn't been in a BYOR until now, so it's a nice change.
You state your vote was RVS, and that you want your RVS votes to have a game-related justification, and that you appreciate the examination of theory.

Do you believe that stating that your vote is RVS weakens or strengthens it?

You haven't exactly been pressuring or questioning except with your vote and you haven't been posting very much; are you satisfied with the effects you perceive that your play has so far?

Apologies for being out for so long. I've been very busy these past two days, so I'm going to have to try and catch up now that this game has slowed down a bit. Firstly, regarding 4maskwolf's posts, this is what jumped to mind immediately:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's pretty creepy. The basis for my role is something that exists in real life and is, moreover, just a bit creepier.

As I said above, I've been very busy and it will take me a little time to catch up with the massive number of posts that popped up the past few days. I've been keeping up and skimming them, but they definitely need a more in-depth look. I do believe that stating that my vote is RVS weakens it, but I do not believe that a weak RVS vote has any effect upon later votes in the same game. I would like, and plan to interact more as the game progresses, as my current interaction has been less impressive than I'd like.

Scripten:  I'm tempted to step on you, just in case.  Do you intend to use much coded/hidden message stuff in your posts?  What value do you see in placing hidden messages in your words?

Also, all this role playing is quite fun.[/abbr]

Since you say you like the RP going on, do you intend instead to join it more directly, or is it something you'd rather observe?

I don't use a lot of hidden message stuff in my posts. I don't think I've done it more than the one time you're quoting. I like the idea of keeping my game-related content in the open, so if I do add hidden messages, they would not be particularly important to the game itself. As far as RP goes, I do enjoy watching it, but I don't really have any way of participating myself save in response to other people. My role's not a particularly talkative sort. I suppose I could buzz meaningfully if you guys really want me to RP. :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2014, 12:32:23 pm »

Tiruin
[...]
And I do see my question on why you're asking it not yet answered, NQT
It is Unlucky.

Why do you care so much about it? Got an ability or tag to inspect it? Go bloody ahead.

[...]Are you making the notice that you may have something attached to the names of things more obvious or what? That is a valid ability seen before, by the way.
I already answered that:
Got an ability or tag to inspect it?
No
I haven't got any power related to ability names or anything like that.

Toaster
William Shatner?
Not. even. close.

Wolf
notquitethere: How is your spreadsheet going?
As I said to Imp, I don't bother with that usually until seeing if I survive until Day 2. Are you making any kinds of notes?

Scripten, did you deliberately pick a creepy role hoping to get creepy powers?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2014, 12:38:18 pm »

Spud if his role is based on something in real life, it's barely creepy at all!
I mean, sure, ocean life can be creepy, spiders can be creepy, but potatoes are among the most creepy things on the internet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:06 pm »

Scripten, did you deliberately pick a creepy role hoping to get creepy powers?

Not exactly. I picked an interesting role to get interesting powers. That it was also creepy was incidental. And fun.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123