Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241657 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »

PFP - life stuff happened. Sad stuff happened too.
Both stuff concluded in a really :C several days.

Tiruin:
My powers are based on the # of people alive!

Why did you tell us this?
...I didn't think it would hurt me telling it (since I'm being asked about ability names anyway)...My mind went on a silly tangent.
But yeah. Didn't think about why I shouldn't (since I've no power over it :I).

Also, Nerjin is a third party, pretty sure. Otherwise he just has a post restriction that doesn't allow him to say that he has a post restriction.
Who are your cabinet members?
You say this like its a 'pretty sure' "fact". Something ping your radar there?
What exacts made you think that?

Firstly, regarding 4maskwolf's posts, this is what jumped to mind immediately:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh you too?
*high five*

Spud if his role is based on something in real life, it's barely creepy at all!
I mean, sure, ocean life can be creepy, spiders can be creepy, but potatoes are among the most creepy things on the internet.
Oh come on. Calories? Starch?
They're basically plant matter.
That equals a ton of energy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »

OK. Let me clarify.
These specific potatoes are among the creepiest things on the internet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2014, 01:04:44 pm »

Tiruin, you can say "I don't want to answer this" and that would be fine, but I'm curious to know: do you get more powerful with fewer players alive, or less powerful?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2014, 01:11:59 pm »

Wuba, could we get a prod on Jiokuy?

Imp, is this going to be one of those games where you post right at the end of each day?

TolyK, shooting from the hip, who's scum?

Toaster, theory time now: does it matter for the town's chances of success who gets voted on Day 1?

Varee, who is the most suspicious player in the game right now?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2014, 01:17:26 pm »

Tiruin, you can say "I don't want to answer this" and that would be fine, but I'm curious to know: do you get more powerful with fewer players alive, or less powerful?
. . .
. . .
Err. That depends on how you see the usage of a power. :v Like I said, Amorphous.
I'm no omnicellular mass though :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2014, 01:43:45 pm »

Wuba, could we get a prod on Jiokuy?
I suppose, but he might live far away from me, and I don't know where he lives.

But, I can certainly send him a prod over PM.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2014, 01:53:51 pm »

Nerjin: Please answer my questions:
Nerjin: Can you explain how flabort's question to Cheeetar about PFP players is irrelevant enough to the game, compared to the average RVS question, that you felt it was necessary to take a shot at him for?

As a side note, I fully understood flabort's question to me (it's based on an odd private conversation the two of us had a while back in which we ended up coming up with roles for Mario characters).  With that information added, do you still see it as irrelevant?
Also, what do you think 4mask is?
Cheeetar: I do wonder why you are not paying much attention to the posts of the person you say you suspect of being scum.  Answer this:
Please explain how Persus13's vote appears to be an RVS vote.
Imp: Alright.  You designed your answer to Varee to best influence him based on impressions you got from his post.  Do you continue to get these impressions from Varee?

flabort: You indicated that you think 4maskwolf is a jester.  What do you believe is the best way to deal with jesters?  In addition, you are voting for Cheeetar.  Your last interaction with him was a while back.  Do you believe Cheeetar is scum?  If so, why aren't you trying to strengthen your case?  If you don't think he's scum, why are you voting for him?

notquitethere: A while back, you asked if there was anyone other than Tiruin who was unsure of how their role fit with their submission.  What effect has the set of answers you've received had on your view of this game?

Tiruin: What, aside from miller stuff, do you find to have been the most notable event/topic of discussion/whatever in game today?  Why?

Reads
Ah, early game stuff.  As expected, a null-heavy read set.

*4maskwolf: Clearly tired of Mafia, and has been for the past few games, but is still playing.  Playing very half-heartedly, even compared to his normal Day 1 avoidance of usefulness.  However, his contributions are not worthless.  Null read.
*Cheeetar: Carried out a daring, attention-grabbing move in trying to get Tiruin lynched for claiming miller.  A terrible move, but a daring, attention-grabbing one.  The risk for scum inherent in this is mitigated in part by the necessary lack of awareness of standard Bay 12 miller procedures and the possibility that, based on the self-preservation part of early miller claims, he may have believed a Tiruin lynch to be easier than it is.  Still, mild town read.
*flabort: Is posting a lot, but aside from dumping a bunch of RVS questions on us in his first post and contributing a bit to the miller debate, he's not doing all that much, which seems unusual for him.  Mostly quickly answering questions, talking about camping, and saying things about potatoes.  Has his vote on Cheeetar for Cheeetar's miller beliefs, but has stopped actively gathering more information on Cheeetar and pushing his case.  Mild scum read.
*Imp: Still approaching the game as if it is in RVS.  Is contributing, though.  Null read.
*IronyOwl: Not quite here yet.  Null read.
*Jiokuy: Who?  Null read.
*Nerjin: Is not my head of state.  Buried underneath his AMERICAN PATRIOTIC FERVOR is some content (best seen here).  Did snap at 4maskwolf for his needlessly long post, and threaten to vote to lynch 4mask, but did so out of character.  I get the feeling that that move was out of rage.  Neutral read.
*notquitethere: Thoroughly interrogated Tiruin on her miller claim.  Very thoroughly.  Seems to be in-character for him.  Still start-of-game NQT, before he starts doing his main work.  Null read.
*Persus13: Sort of blandly active, but definitely active.  His 4maskwolf accusation seems to have been made honestly.  Mild town read.
*Scripten: Busy catching up.  Null read.
*Silthuri: Low activity in RVS, as is normal for her.  Has promised to go through everything today.  Null read.
*Tiruin: Claimed miller.  Got tangled up in a miller debate.  Has been busy dealing with life as well.  Miller claim seems real.  Mild town read.
*Toaster: Due to eye problems, is having trouble reading the thread, and will be having trouble for a while.  Null read.
*TolyK: Isn't doing much, but that's not all that unusual for him.  Thinks Nerjin is a third party.  I do think more detail on that belief will be valuable.  Null read.
*Varee: Not a day player.  Should try to do more day stuff, though.  Null read.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2014, 02:08:19 pm »

Jack
notquitethere: A while back, you asked if there was anyone other than Tiruin who was unsure of how their role fit with their submission.  What effect has the set of answers you've received had on your view of this game?
It made me see that Tiruin wasn't the only one to have a role that had been interpreted in a way that wasn't immediately clear to them. Part of why I eased off on that line of attack (but mainly because Tiruin's bafflements seemed to flow from genuine uncertainty and the post after she got clarification from Wuba seemed genuine).

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »

flabort: You indicated that you think 4maskwolf is a jester.  What do you believe is the best way to deal with jesters?  In addition, you are voting for Cheeetar.  Your last interaction with him was a while back.  Do you believe Cheeetar is scum?  If so, why aren't you trying to strengthen your case?  If you don't think he's scum, why are you voting for him?
I'd forgot I had that vote on him. And I guess he's been thoroughly corrected on how a miller works, so I guess there's no reason to leave it on him.
I think the likelyhood of him being scum is a bit higher than average, a slight lean in that direction.

he's not doing all that much, which seems unusual for him.
Ahahaha! Someone who knows more about what I do than I do!
I personally don't think I've been any less active than usual, but if you've got an eye to catch that, then good work! Though it is harder to keep track of my thoughts with more people, so that may be contributing.

More RVS questions!

4maskwolf At what point is it most important for one to claim? What is the best time for a scum to fake claim?
Cheeetar When should a cop claim? When shouldn't a cop claim? If a cop receives an investigation result of third-party, should he claim?
Flabort Are you safe? Yes.
TolyK What variety of tuber is your favorite? I'm partial to Yukon Gold myself. How many potato varieties can you think of without turning to wikipedia?
Imp What do you think of Nerjin's Role-tato Play? Is it too over the top?
IronyOwl What kinds of common scum strategies (such as bussing or fake-cop) are you most expecting to see? Least expecting to see?
Jack A T What BYORs have you participated in? Which BYOR was your favorite?
Jiokuy How do you like potatoes served best? How often do you eat potatoes or food made out of them? How often should one review who they think is most suspicious?
Nerjin Is your role that of a specific President? Which President? Who is the Vice President?
notquitethere If you were a self-doctor, would you always doctor yourself? What situations would you protect someone else in?
Persus13 What is your opinion on nonsense questions?
Scripten Three potatoes walk into a bar. One of them kills another, and one commits suicide. Two potatoes leave the bar. How? And do you think this has any relevance to this game? How?
Shakerag When is the appropriate time to be angry at a player? Should you post on Mafia while angry?
Silthuri How do you plan to use your role to it's full potential? How do you plan on using the day game to your best advantage?
Tiruin Do you think it might be possible that some players are somewhat psychic, or do you think that any signs of that are just them being really lucky or observant?
Toaster I don't recall that you've been any more active than me. Is this due to the eye problems?
Varee Who do you most suspect of having the ability to kill someone? Do you suspect those players of being scum?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »

notquitethere If you were a self-doctor, would you always doctor yourself? What situations would you protect someone else in?
I'd pretty much protect myself every time unless I had compelling reason to believe a confirmed town player was going to be night killed. For instance, if a cop claimed and that claim got scum lynched that day, the following night I'd protect the cop instead of myself. Curious as all this, do you think this answer would have been different if I'd have been mafia or 3rd party?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 10, 2014, 04:32:32 pm »

I seem to have done that thing where I chip through posts bit at a time, then get to the end and not really want to go back through the whole thing looking for questions and things of note. Oops.

IronyOwl
IronyOwl:  Would you rather have a one-shot full rolecop or a regular doc ability?
Regular Doc. A one-shot rolecop can prevent us from lynching someone who was useless anyway, or be held onto so I have it with me when I die. Trust me, I'm a potion hoarder, I know how these things go.

Other than that, it gives me a lot of information I probably can't use, and which if I could share we could probably get by just asking them to roleclaim.

A regular doc ability, on the other hand, can be fired at someone I like each night, and maybe cost scum a kill eventually. That's basically granting town an extra day, which is infinitely more valuable than letting me know somebody's got a follow, roleblock, and self-revive.

Varee:
so whoever feel like they have time to give opinion: What do you think is lying too much. Is saying your internet broke down to avoid answering question?
How much lying were you intending to do this game?

Tiruin:
Any particular reason to believe you're telling the truth about it, then?
Particular-...What?
It's all up to you to believe me--considering the replies I've had, it was believed. :V
If you want to actually believe in it, contrast and compare my attitude instead of the bloody label.
It's pretty much a heads-up that I'll inspect as scum no matter what.
How believable is that to you, because I can't understand what's your motive or your thoughts behind the observation there.
Could you explain, just like Cheeetar?[/quote]
Seems pretty simple to me. You claimed to see how everyone would react to it, right? Why would you need to actually have such a role to do that, then? Couldn't you have claimed miller to see how we'd react even though you weren't one?

IronyOwl
Black or white morality, how do you see that in terms of a Mafia game?
Meaning: What do you base your judgement of seeing someone as scummy by? Their attitude, wording, emotional-attachment...?
Hm. Usually attitude and wording, more specifically behaviors that seem like they're lazy or disingenuous.

Cheeetar:
Alright. Given the resolution of my suspicions, I'll unvote Tiruin.
What exactly was the resolution of your suspicions? I seem to have missed the point where you stopped saying "Tiruin is dangerous or scum let's lynch her" and started saying "Yeah I don't really believe that anymore." What happened, exactly?

Persus:
Warning - while you were reading 80 new replies have been posted. I think I win?
Mother of God.

4mask:
IronyOwl: If you were a watcher, what types of powers would you want in order to accomplish your wincon.
The obvious and presumably overpowered- something to keep me alive.

Less direct methods of avoiding kills, like redirects or roleblocks, would be a bit hit-or-miss for my tastes.

That said, roleblocks or protects to extend the game rather than save my hide could prove useful. I wouldn't typically be concerned about being lynched, though if I get inspected as third party that could end poorly.

I wouldn't generally value things to make me useful to town or scum, because said things are likely to make me a target to the other group. Though on that note, revives could be another game-extending shenanigan. In fact, a one-shot revive could put me above suspicion or murder, if I revived some dumb mislynched townie N1, claimed it D2, and then swore I had no more powers and was therefore ultasafe to leave un-NK'd.

Yeah, I like that. A one-shot revive, maybe some RBs or something.

Toaster:
4mask:
Toaster: What in particular appeals to you about the arsonist?
3) This.
Also this, which I can't believe was from a different game.

Hm.

I'm probably paranoid, but you should probably refrain from saying any variant of the P-word around Flabort.
Probably.

flabort:
IronyOwl What kinds of common scum strategies (such as bussing or fake-cop) are you most expecting to see? Least expecting to see?
Most? Late-game fakeclaims. Least? Early-game fakeclaims. In a game this big and power-heavy, everything is likely to go to hell for everyone, which makes intricate scum plans even riskier and more difficult to pull off than normal.

Also lurking/active lurking. A game this big is just asking for scum to coast by.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 10, 2014, 05:16:00 pm »

Pfp
@Tiruin I've already answered that, I think, look at my previous post.
@nqt: Toaster 4mask Cheetar Irony. That good for you?
@flabort Even though I live in a country (in)famous in Europe for being potatostan, I do not know any varieties of potatoes, not do I think anyone else knows) Why are you so after potatoes? Looking for the Irish?)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 10, 2014, 05:19:04 pm »

Toly
And so why aren't you voting anyone you might think is scum?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 10, 2014, 05:23:21 pm »

Hello once again America! I hope today has found you as excellently as it has found me. But let's have a small talk. It would appear I have missed some questions that some concerned citizens want... No, NEED, answered. Well, I am to answer them.

Nerjin: Please answer my questions:
Nerjin: Can you explain how flabort's question to Cheeetar about PFP players is irrelevant enough to the game, compared to the average RVS question, that you felt it was necessary to take a shot at him for?

As a side note, I fully understood flabort's question to me (it's based on an odd private conversation the two of us had a while back in which we ended up coming up with roles for Mario characters).  With that information added, do you still see it as irrelevant?
Also, what do you think 4mask is?

Well the PFP question in, well, question was one that I found irrelevant as it makes no difference whether an American is short or tall. White or black or any other ethnicity. It matters not if they are a genius or a moron. All that matters is that they are American and dead set against those communist lackwits who dared attack America's food production industry. In the end I felt that it didn't matter whether someone was PFPing or not. After getting the full facts, however, I am forced to rescind my statement of it being irrelevant. One who fears not being taken seriously, is right to do so under these circumstances.

My early statement also applies to your second point about Mario characters. Given the proper context I can see why it might have been more useful than first thought.

As for 4mask heh heh, well... Well I think it would best be explained by one of inspirational quotes: "Evil only triumphs when good men do nothing."

What I mean by this is that he is, at BEST, worthless as he doesn't care. At worst he is a detriment to America. I hope this helps you understand my vote and my thoughts

*Nerjin: Is not my head of state.  Buried underneath his AMERICAN PATRIOTIC FERVOR is some content (best seen here).  Did snap at 4maskwolf for his needlessly long post, and threaten to vote to lynch 4mask, but did so out of character.  I get the feeling that that move was out of rage.  Neutral read.

Oh, but I am your President I'm afraid. However when my term is up I encourage you NOT to vote for re-election. Mind you, I use the term vote in regards to a different meaning than is currently applied at this party. If you wish my resignation by all means vote for it. After all, the right to vote is what keeps America strong.

Nerjin Is your role that of a specific President? Which President? Who is the Vice President?

My role is me. I am your President as I have no doubt mentioned before. As for which President? As I've said before it is a matter of national security. I cannot divulge the information. As for my Vice President? Well I'm afraid he is no longer with us. However, one day, after all of this is over, we shall appoint a new Vice President. It is unfortunate what befell our beloved Vice President. Allow us all a moment of silence...

Well I'm sorry to leave our conversation on such a sorrowful note. For now though America, reflect on what I've told you with a solemn frame of mind. We WILL catch those responsible. We WILL find those who have destroyed our cake. And we WILL deal with them properly.

That's all for now America. Stay safe, stay alert, and above all else: Stay American.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 10, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »

Nerjin, are there any players you've seen as acting suspicious apart from 4maskwolf? Any possible communist sympathisers?

Spoiler: Jack A T (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irony Owl (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 123