Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241655 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #450 on: August 14, 2014, 05:29:20 am »

Spoiler: Irony Owl (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 14, 2014, 05:30:15 am »

If we lynch Flabort, someone will have to night kill him or day kill him to stop him coming back. But frankly, I don't see Wuba giving scum an insta-hammer ability like that.

Do you believe Flabort has a regenerating resurrect?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2014, 06:04:48 am »

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:05 am »

Urgh. I'm not gonna quote all of that.

"I should be happy to be lynched because then people would lynch the person who lynched me"
No, I'm not going to plan to be lynched to prove that I was right.

"I am scum because I voted to lynch somebody rather than die myself."
No. I had no way of knowing what alignment he was, and spoiler alert: turned out to not be townie.

"You want me to believe you! Aha! I've caught you!"
Errr... I want you to at least consider my points. You're tunneling a bit much here.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2014, 06:35:55 am »

I want to say that, in Cheetah's position, I'd probably have done the exact same thing. When you're hammer-tied and you don't know the alignment of the person you're tied with, hammering them is probably the right move regardless of your alignment.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2014, 06:45:07 am »

Good morning America! Before we get started: Flabort I am no less suspicious of you than I was yesterday. In fact, your little move there has cemented the fact that you are a communist in my mind. But first, I must address a question that is quite important.

Nerjin, what was the power you attempted to use yesterday and why did you try to save Shakerag?

Why do you think? I believed him to be doing no wrong and felt that Flabort was simply trying to save their own skin. But I'll address that later. As President I issued a full pardon to Shakerag. Apparently however, if a hammer occurs I don't get to use that ability because... I'm too slow or something. It seems to limit what I'm capable of but then again a hammer is a rare thing.

I assure you that I will not use this ability unless I find it absolutely necessary. If the town wishes it, I can prevent all lynches [though I’d prefer not to] and if town wishes I can simply not issue pardons. I leave it up to town to decide. I consider this ability no longer mine. But towns.

Flabort: . . . congrats on killing an Sk ally. saving your own skin and luckily killing a SK Ally.

I fixed that for you.

Spoiler: Flabort – MUST READ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NQT (click to show/hide)

That’s all for now America [and Flabort]. I leave you, now, with one of my inspirational quotes: Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation, for it is better to be alone, than in bad company
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2014, 06:49:13 am »

MBP: Are you an arsonist again?

Nah. While I wish I was ( because let's be clear, i can't think of a funner role, i was laughing histerically during the entirety of BYOR 4) i think that game showed that it waaay too powerfull. Silent triggerable mass kills ? Uncopable ? Kills undirectable/going trough protect? Scum wished they had all that sweet stuff.

And to bring it to Cheetar point, i mostly see it as a null tell. If you wanna keep playing, and you got a ability to allow you to doso, why the fuck not. You risk being unlucky and killing someone useful, but that didn't happen.

ALso Nerin, what's up with the pardon? Ability ? Presidential Flavor?

New Post:

Fair enough,

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 14, 2014, 07:08:51 am »

Tiruin:
> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
Per cycle or what? Permanently?

NQT
Brilliant design knowing my power. What was all that about knowing the name, by the way?
What?

*prods everyone with a stick*
Laaaaaaateeeeeeer.
1. I've totally no idea. I have the Filler thingy however that gives me a 50% chance to lose an ability per cycle.
I queried at Wuba on the exact details of it--still have to get an answer.
And about the miller thing? It just says I lost it O__O
So yeah. I'm not a miller now \o/
2. That's a cont. to D1. NQT kept on poking me about my power name and stuff like that. As of now, its a placeholder vote.

3. :I

Here's my case against Flabort: He claimed to be certain both me and Shakerag were scum, and that's why he essentially condemned one of us to death. He does not, however, want to be viewed as responsible for it- he wants everyone to say that I'm to blame for Shakerag's death. He made the situation occur, then blamed me for reacting rationally to it. He thinks I'm a scummy person for lynching a SK ally instead of letting myself die - however, he's perfectly towny for panicking at the sight of two votes and using his one-shot to OMGUS. Do note that his reasons for suspecting me so far had been 'that guy just doesn't sit right with me.'

I'm going to unvote Nerjin and vote Flabort in the hope that his resurrect was a one-shot. I do still however want Nerjin to explain his attempted saving of Shakerag.
Err, didn't he condemn both of you to death?

Tiruin, I already told you, I don't care what your ability was called (I don't have any power that targets ability names), I just wanted to know whether it fit with your theme (so I could judge how believable your miller claim was). If you suspected me of replacing your miller power with a filler power, then I'm not sure why you'd be voting me... did you want to be a miller?!
...unvote
>_> Like I wanted to be Miller. Oh yeees I did! :D No. <_<
It was more a vote-incentive to poke you because I'm busy reading up the thread as of late. What I'm wary of, now, is that a person is able to target (probably by knowing the name of the ability), an...ability and steal it. I'm biased by previous encounters with such shenanigans though.

Also how did you judge Unlucky fitting my theme? :I

MBP: You're Jiokuy, right?
What's your opinion regarding that usage of a one-shot in D1 that equals an insta-kill?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 14, 2014, 07:16:50 am »

he essentially condemned one of us to death.

Well, there's one lynch per day- so, one of us. It could've been either of us, but only one could've died.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 14, 2014, 07:19:47 am »

he essentially condemned one of us to death.

Well, there's one lynch per day- so, one of us. It could've been either of us, but only one could've died.
Nothing says how many lynches can occur in the OP.
Though nothing says otherwise, too.

Webadict: Is this game restricted to One Lynch Per Day?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 14, 2014, 07:46:24 am »

EBWOP
Wondered why another tab was open.

Tiruin I don't fully understand what you're saying but it's troubling me.
...Yeah, let's give me the finger without giving any more details than 'D: WAT U SAY'
>_>
It's troubling you, how.
Is that so easy to append?

PFP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 14, 2014, 07:47:32 am »

Net is all >_<

Tiruin:

No, I have not played around with your role, or you.  I am not involved in whatever is happening with your abilities, but I am asking you about what you have said about what has happened.

Are you focused on this part of my pre-game statement?

I get to play with Tiruin.

I specifically said that because of what you said, just before it:

I get to play with Imp.

I added to what I said, yes.  I made the pre-game claim,

That's my role, by the way.  I sent in 'an imp that plays with Tiruin'.  *Rubs hands together*.

Lets see what I get!

That was meant as a joke, and was not the role I actually submitted to webadict this game.  Gamer's honor.
I know silly! :P I was also saying that in jest (though I did make it of mention that...the wording may make it sound like its a crucial factor. Sorry about that :x)
I asked what I asked because the way you announced the ability change, and how similar the two names are (Miller/filler) made me wonder if your ability was partially randomized or something.  You seemed both confused and forthcoming, and I couldn't even tell by how you wrote if you were surprised that it happened or just confused about a part of it or what.
In truth, I'm quite :O that someone picked me as a target!
Of all the games, I'm finally picked by someone *_*
I feel both honored and in awe, because I got picked. Also other stuffs which are confusing at the moment and all (ie Who hit Tiruin?).

Tiruin, what action did you use this night? Don't say on who or what, perhaps not even concretely what it did, but what you used.
What action > Don't say who or what.
Err. Doesn't that defeat the first question?
I used an action last night, yeah?
You ask me what action I did, but I shouldn't say what.
@__@
Wat.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 14, 2014, 08:07:18 am »

Webadict: Is this game restricted to One Lynch Per Day?
No. But only in cases where two or more players are successfully Hammered. Ending the Day with equal votes less than Hammer is a No Lynch. Or those related to abilities, as always.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 14, 2014, 08:54:15 am »

Personally, I'm viewing Cheeetar's actions at the end of D1 as a null tell. I know that I would likely do the same in his place, no matter what alignment I was. We should instead be lynching Flabort.

Cheeetar:
Persus13, it was me or FlabortShakerag and I had a very small window of time in which to decide. I'm incredibly glad he ended up not being town. Thanks!

Correction in bold.
Alright, I think you're still suspicious, but Flabort is more suspicious.

Tiruin:
> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
That was me testing to make sure you weren't fakeclaiming scum. You passed. It also is completely gone, not stolen.

> I've gained a Filler Ability. Literally called such. Ihave a 50% chance to lose an ability while...I have that ability.
As if its going to do anything anyway. :V
That wasn't me.

However it is unsure, though I've to ask any vets who have knowledge about alignments and somesuch in this case *stares at OP*, that the ally knew who was the SK, other than there was an SK for the rule to take place.

So I'm pretty wary regarding that case and your attitude--though knowing you...I am undecided.
Also why the paradox of claiming a yes or no and leaning on the 'or' in the middle? :I

...And thanks, but it seems someone swapped it (given the wording) or stole it. Less likely the latter.
I believe SK-ally doesn't know who the SK is unless it's one of their autos. I'm not too sure on that. However I'm pretty sure that the SK doesn't know who their ally is.

Flabort:
How would an SK ally even work, anyways?
The SK would have to kill it's ally to win. Shakerag would have to die anyways for him to win.
Wait, does that mean we have an SK? Great.
Allies win when the people they're allied with win.
Dying does not equal losing, unless you're the last member of your faction.
We have 17 players. Why did you think there wasn't an SK?

As for your question, I knew that:
A) I would die for reals if I was voted that day after being daykilled, because my revive would not have time to recharge.
B) Someone having more votes on them then me would make me safe. Yes, this was incredibly self-serving, but I feel like my powers could help town. Less so now that I've actually claimed them, but I think they can still help; turning the night game against Scum into an excruciating game of "Did I or didn't I, and if I did where?". Night WIFOM vs Scum, if you will.
C) I didn't want to be responsible for killing either of them if they wound up town.
D) I didn't want to cause a tie.
E) I essentially presented the two of them with a variation on Prisoner's Dilemma. If one votes the other, they survive the day. If anyone else considered them scummy, though, they didn't. If they managed to each vote each other simultaneously (they didn't), they'd both survive due to it becoming a tie and no-lynch.
F) I didn't trust either of them.
G) Whoever cast the hammer vote would come under suspicion from the whole town.
So you did it to draw attention away from yourself, get two other people lynched that weren't you and avoid responsibility for it. Nice try. Yeah, you need to be lynched.

Imp: I have not received a PM confirming or denying anything yet; I have not recieved information that would imply that I successfully copied the housing power onto myself. The power is not innately one of information, but I should learn about certain powers affecting me, such as if I gained a new ability like was implied by Varee.
If you don't get a PM, it means your action was or seemed successful.

No, I'm just in a different time zone. GMT+2, 10am now.

That's true, of course, which is something I might confirm only to me.

Also, we almost definitely have an SK, given an SK-ally (unless Wuba really is a bastard in regard to Shakerag :D), and we have another third party to be sure.

Given at least two killing teams, I'd guess we either have an arsonist or a really strange mafia kill.
Where are you getting this information? How do you know there's another third party after the SK and SK-ally?
How do you know there's two killing teams when there were no kills last night?
It's called common sense. TolyK did the same exact thing in Jack's BYOR too. If there's a 17 player game, then either there is a large scumteam or multiple third parties. Only multiple third parties is more balanced and FUN. Also, Shakerag's role only allows one kill to occur, which means that at least two people have some form of kill. One of which we know is the SK, while the other is likely the Mafia or a Vigilante. Weren't you in Jack's BYOR? Stop trying to cast suspicion on other people.

TolyK:
I happened to see this while reading (yes, I see posts 352 and 353, but I'm on phone and can only quote one at a time).
Pardon Shakerag

I'm afraid not.
Wtf was this? Apparently a mayor who failed?
Webadict specifically said at the end of D1 that actions sent in after the hammer fail. So yes.

NQT:
I want to say that, in Cheetah's position, I'd probably have done the exact same thing. When you're hammer-tied and you don't know the alignment of the person you're tied with, hammering them is probably the right move regardless of your alignment.
Although I agree with you on Cheeetar, you're being really lenient on people this game. Are you prviding any alternatives to Flabort and Cheetar?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 14, 2014, 09:03:20 am »

4mask What do you mean, someone distrusts you still?
What I mean was that my action last night failed, which I'm assuming means I was roleblocked (which is odd, because that's my power).  Either that, or my target was immune to roleblocks.

I can't really fault Cheeetar for trying to save his own skin, but his defensiveness about it... idk.  Something strikes me as off, and I want to get to the bottom of this.

Cheeetar: How many scum do you think there are?  How many third parties?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 123