Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241712 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #465 on: August 14, 2014, 09:19:30 am »

Hello once again America [and Flabort]. I want to address 4mask today.

I can't really fault Cheeetar for trying to save his own skin, but his defensiveness about it... idk.  Something strikes me as off, and I want to get to the bottom of this.

Cheeetar: How many scum do you think there are?  How many third parties?

So... I can't help but notice that you ask him a question that has nothing to do with the defensiveness that you claim to want to get to the bottom of.

Interesting... Very interesting...

That's all for now America. Stay safe. Stay America.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 14, 2014, 09:20:06 am »

Hello once again America [and Flabort]. I want to address 4mask today.

I can't really fault Cheeetar for trying to save his own skin, but his defensiveness about it... idk.  Something strikes me as off, and I want to get to the bottom of this.

So... I can't help but notice that you ask him a question that has nothing to do with the defensiveness that you claim to want to get to the bottom of.

Interesting... Very interesting...

That's all for now America. Stay safe. Stay America.
The question is going to lead into another one.  I want his answer to this one first.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 14, 2014, 09:33:13 am »

In a typical 12 player game, there's like 3 scum (generally?)
So 25% of 19 is uh, 5? 4?
Maybe two scum teams of 3 each?

Third parties: We know there's a sk, there's tons of other probabilities as well. Guessing... 4? I really don't know. Webadict has some insane setups sometimes.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 14, 2014, 09:39:01 am »

so someone get the house. I will be real happy if whoever got it said so. Also on second thought it might not be a house. more like toilet or something.

Well my brain is too tired today, I will just make a full post tmr.(that like 10 hrs )
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 14, 2014, 09:49:00 am »

In a typical 12 player game, there's like 3 scum (generally?)
So 25% of 19 is uh, 5? 4?
Maybe two scum teams of 3 each?

Third parties: We know there's a sk, there's tons of other probabilities as well. Guessing... 4? I really don't know. Webadict has some insane setups sometimes.
Well, we've killed one third party and there probably is an sk, so that makes two.

Okay.  So you're saying that you guess 10-11 townies, 4-5 scum, and 4 third parties?

In which case, why were you afraid of dying.  The town outnumbers the scum by a lot right now.  Yes, you managed to off a hostile third party, but you didn't know that at the time.  What made you convinced that Shakerag wasn't town?  Why did you think you mattered more to the town than he did?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 14, 2014, 09:57:23 am »

Well, we've killed one third party and there probably is an sk, so that makes two.

Okay.  So you're saying that you guess 10-11 townies, 4-5 scum, and 4 third parties?

In which case, why were you afraid of dying.  The town outnumbers the scum by a lot right now.  Yes, you managed to off a hostile third party, but you didn't know that at the time.  What made you convinced that Shakerag wasn't town?  Why did you think you mattered more to the town than he did?

(Emphasis mine)
I never claimed I knew anything. I knew I was town, I didn't know he was. I was afraid of dying because there was one vote necessary to kill me. I don't like having to repeat things like this- please just read my previous posts if you'd like to ask me stuff, because I may have answered it already.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 14, 2014, 09:59:51 am »

Regardless of who got out of that situation, Shakerag and Cheetar would both have ended up being suspicious, depending on who survived it. Because of that, Flabort comes up pretty damn scummy, or at least anti-town, for propagating the situation.

Vote Flabort

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 14, 2014, 10:09:56 am »

(Emphasis mine)
I never claimed I knew anything. I knew I was town, I didn't know he was. I was afraid of dying because there was one vote necessary to kill me. I don't like having to repeat things like this- please just read my previous posts if you'd like to ask me stuff, because I may have answered it already.
You didn't answer my last question.  What made you think you being alive was more important than him being alive to the town?  Also, who would have hammered you?  Nobody had any major suspicions of you that I can recall, and if someone hammered you they would be outing themselves as anti-town unless they could come up with a damn good excuse.  You don't have to be alive to fulfill the town wincon: why are you so important you have to be kept alive?  Particularly when anyone hammering you would be summarily lynched, thus making your death take a scum down?  Is you being alive more important than a scum being dead?

Regardless of who got out of that situation, Shakerag and Cheetar would both have ended up being suspicious, depending on who survived it.
Not necessarily: had neither of them hammered the other, the one who lived wouldn't be regarded with extra suspicion, at least not by me.  The one who delivered the quickhammer would be.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 14, 2014, 10:17:01 am »

Regardless of who got out of that situation, Shakerag and Cheetar would both have ended up being suspicious, depending on who survived it.
Not necessarily: had neither of them hammered the other, the one who lived wouldn't be regarded with extra suspicion, at least not by me.  The one who delivered the quickhammer would be.
There was no incentive not to hammer. If flabort really had cared about getting town to focus on those two, he could have made it so there were two votes needed to hammer.

Also, what are you trying to argue that's different from anything IronyOwl has said and that Cheeetar has already responded to?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 14, 2014, 10:40:08 am »

Webadict: Is this game restricted to One Lynch Per Day?
No. But only in cases where two or more players are successfully Hammered. Ending the Day with equal votes less than Hammer is a No Lynch. Or those related to abilities, as always.
Err.

Flabort. Why was there only one person lynched?

PFP

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 14, 2014, 10:51:51 am »

Webadict: Is this game restricted to One Lynch Per Day?
No. But only in cases where two or more players are successfully Hammered. Ending the Day with equal votes less than Hammer is a No Lynch. Or those related to abilities, as always.
Err.

PFP

Because only Shakerag got hammered, by Cheeetar. If you mean why didn't he hammer both Cheeetar and Shakerag and lynch them both, I don't know.

Flabort: Why didn't you lynch both Cheeetar and Shakerag?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 14, 2014, 10:52:24 am »

There was no incentive not to hammer. If flabort really had cared about getting town to focus on those two, he could have made it so there were two votes needed to hammer.

Also, what are you trying to argue that's different from anything IronyOwl has said and that Cheeetar has already responded to?

I'm certainly suspicious of Cheetar, but Flabort shows himself to be much more scummy by this play in my book. I suppose you could say I agree with Cheetar, but only on a superficial level.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 14, 2014, 10:52:54 am »

Tiruin:

Because he put them at L-1, not hammer.

A better question is this:

Flabort:  If you're town, why didn't you simply hammer everybody but yourself?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 14, 2014, 10:54:41 am »

Scripten:

I'm certainly suspicious of Cheetar, but Flabort shows himself to be much more scummy by this play in my book. I suppose you could say I agree with Cheetar, but only on a superficial level.
You quoted a post from me responding to 4maskwolf, with a response that appears to be responding to 4maskwolf, not myself. What post are you trying to respond to here?
Sigtext

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 14, 2014, 11:13:47 am »

Scripten:

You quoted a post from me responding to 4maskwolf, with a response that appears to be responding to 4maskwolf, not myself. What post are you trying to respond to here?

Oh, thought the question was directed toward me just because of the content, rather than the context. Either way, it's relevant.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 123