Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241684 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #480 on: August 14, 2014, 11:21:56 am »

Going by the closest example I could find, an -Ally would not know the player to who he is allied.  Now we do know there is at least one SK out there, though.

Varee:
so someone get the house. I will be real happy if whoever got it said so. Also on second thought it might not be a house. more like toilet or something.

Wasn't me.  Did you target someone or just let it be random?

Scripten:
Regardless of who got out of that situation, Shakerag and Cheetar would both have ended up being suspicious, depending on who survived it. Because of that, Flabort comes up pretty damn scummy, or at least anti-town, for propagating the situation.

Vote Flabort

I agree with this sentiment.  I can't blame Cheeetar for what he did (though he had no way of knowing the outcome, so he gets zero credit for hammering a dangerous third party), because Flabort put them both in a sticky situation.

That said, is that it?  You're just going to come in here and bandwagon with a regurgitated case on Flabort?  What happened to your case on TolyK?  On Varee?

NQT spent the first half of D1 going on and on with Tiruin about her miller claim, in a way that really just looked like a way to act busy.

NQT:
Everyone on Flabort's Case, he's engaged, he's voting people and posting: is he really the best Day 1 lynch candidate?

What about now?

If we lynch Flabort, someone will have to night kill him or day kill him to stop him coming back. But frankly, I don't see Wuba giving scum an insta-hammer ability like that.

I have learned it's best not to suppose what Wuba will and won't do.

So for reals, who do you suspect and why?

TolyK:
flabort, why are you giving your role name away to people (slowly but surely)?

This is the sum total of your vote history.  Beyond that, I can't really find you pursuing targets with any real interest.  Who do you suspect now and why?  Does your suspicion of Flabort still hold?

More should be coming; I want this out now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 14, 2014, 12:29:19 pm »

Flabort, why did you use your one-shot so early? Your move seemed incredibly desperate.
Let's see: I had two choices. Die and never use it, or use it and not know for sure the outcome.
So I went with the advice of "remember to use your one-shots, don't hoard them", and used it. Using an early one-shot is not suspicious.

It is suspicious if you use it for seemingly no reason to essentially daykill someone. And no, don't create a false dilemma for yourself. You wouldn't die if you hadn't used it- there were two people voting you of a necessary nine.
Nine to hammer. If nobody else votes, you only need one vote and the day to end to lynch. Two votes is still enough to kill; nine is just what ends the day early.

Here's my case against Flabort: He claimed to be certain both me and Shakerag were scum, and that's why he essentially condemned one of us to death. He does not, however, want to be viewed as responsible for it- he wants everyone to say that I'm to blame for Shakerag's death. He made the situation occur, then blamed me for reacting rationally to it. He thinks I'm a scummy person for lynching a SK ally instead of letting myself die - however, he's perfectly towny for panicking at the sight of two votes and using his one-shot to OMGUS. Do note that his reasons for suspecting me so far had been 'that guy just doesn't sit right with me.'

I'm going to unvote Nerjin and vote Flabort in the hope that his resurrect was a one-shot. I do still however want Nerjin to explain his attempted saving of Shakerag.
Shakerag turned out to be anti-town. I trust my gut. It still says you're scum.
I don't want to be seen as the one who pulled the trigger; I admit that I set up the situation. But if I were to be the one that chose and killed a person, all on my own, that would be a jerk move; also, biased. If this action still gets me killed, I still bring the person(s) that are most scummy with me.
I didn't "blame" you for "acting rationally": I said the situation was such that anyone who thought it through and still wanted me to die would not have voted for shakerag or you. You panicked, in other words.
Yes, I was panicking too. Somewhat. You don't gather ~5 votes, get daykilled, and then get the only votes so far back on you and not panic about that; someone wants you dead, and that someone is very determined. I want to be alive long enough to learn who.

And come on, a vote? "In the hopes that [my] revive was a one-shot"? My votes were a one-shot. My revive recharges.

flabort:
Wait, does that mean we have an SK? Great.
Really. You want us to believe that you just now figured this out. "SKs? What SKs?! I don't know anything about SKs! Why I didn' even notice anything about SKs when the guy I suspected and helped murder flipped 'SK ALLY!'"

C) I didn't want to be responsible for killing either of them if they wound up town.
G) Whoever cast the hammer vote would come under suspicion from the whole town.

Therefor, while it was a hasty and self-preserving action, there was plenty of reason behind it and I believed it would help town.

Maybe it did, but it means that you were the hang-man, the one with blood on your hands now.
Try living with that when it makes everyone suspicious of you.
So your scummy, panicky, self-serving bullshit is perfectly understandable because you want to live and it "helps town," but Cheeetar's awfully suspicious for pulling the trigger on the gun you cocked for pretty much identical reasons?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It didn't really filter through my brain what there being an SK-ally meant until I was thinking about how an SK-ally would work. I saw the flip, but my thought at the time was "huh, impossible alignment, included just to annoy shakerag because wuba is frustrated with the role".

OK, fine, my given reasons for voting him are a bit of a double standard. But I notice you're voting him and finding him suspicious too.
So we both want to live and used that as our justification for yesterday. We still suspect each other and find each other to be scummy.

@flabort: Rolefishing, I see... )
Two killing teams as in teams that need to kill everyone.

Also, given an SK, I bet the third party is a survivor.
How is asking how you know that rolefishing? Unless knowing that information is part of your role, how would you assume that I asked that because I was rolefishing?
OK, so you're considering the SK to be a killing team. OK, I can understand that.
But how would you know there's another third party? We already have an SK and an SK-ally for thirds, how would you know there is a third third?
There's no information in any of the mod-posts indicating this.

flabort: Did your one-shot target two or up to two targets? What would have happened if you applied an uneven number of votes to each, or tried to vote additional targets?
I would interpret it as up to two targets.
With an uneven number of votes, it would imply suspicion of one over the other. I chose not to, so it's a moot point.
If I had tried to vote additional targets, I guess it would have failed, or would have not counted the additional targets.

Quote from: Nerjin
FLABORT MUST READ
You hypocritical communist. I choose to believe you are entirely to blame, in order to set up the idea that it's been you the whole time
You are entitled to your opinions. I am entitled to my opinions too, and if I choose to believe you are President Stalin For Life, you wouldn't be able to change that opinion. I choose to believe that you are working for the town, right now, but that you are very mistaken about who to pursue.

Tiruin I don't fully understand what you're saying but it's troubling me.
...Yeah, let's give me the finger without giving any more details than 'D: WAT U SAY'
>_>
It's troubling you, how.
Is that so easy to append?
So now you're saying... what? I don't understand this talk of Unlucky and having nothing to lose but information, and you're saying you're not miller now?
It's tickling my suspicion, and I don't understand the chaos of those posts. It's troubling me because you're saying something that directly affects how we perceive your alignment is changed.

Flabort:
How would an SK ally even work, anyways?
The SK would have to kill it's ally to win. Shakerag would have to die anyways for him to win.
Wait, does that mean we have an SK? Great.
Allies win when the people they're allied with win.
Dying does not equal losing, unless you're the last member of your faction.
We have 17 players. Why did you think there wasn't an SK?
An SK is such an underpowered alignment though. So easy for someone to accidentally kill the SK or find him out; almost impossible for the SK to win, even with their kills and other powers.
So benefit of the doubt. I was assuming that if there were third parties, they'd be a bit more survivable. Like a watcher or something.
As for your question, I knew that:
A) I would die for reals if I was voted that day after being daykilled, because my revive would not have time to recharge.
B) Someone having more votes on them then me would make me safe. Yes, this was incredibly self-serving, but I feel like my powers could help town. Less so now that I've actually claimed them, but I think they can still help; turning the night game against Scum into an excruciating game of "Did I or didn't I, and if I did where?". Night WIFOM vs Scum, if you will.
C) I didn't want to be responsible for killing either of them if they wound up town.
D) I didn't want to cause a tie.
E) I essentially presented the two of them with a variation on Prisoner's Dilemma. If one votes the other, they survive the day. If anyone else considered them scummy, though, they didn't. If they managed to each vote each other simultaneously (they didn't), they'd both survive due to it becoming a tie and no-lynch.
F) I didn't trust either of them.
So you did it to draw attention away from yourself, get two other people lynched that weren't you and avoid responsibility for it. Nice try. Yeah, you need to be lynched.
Not totally avoid responsibility, but yes, I guess that's a good summary.
Imp: I have not received a PM confirming or denying anything yet; I have not recieved information that would imply that I successfully copied the housing power onto myself. The power is not innately one of information, but I should learn about certain powers affecting me, such as if I gained a new ability like was implied by Varee.
If you don't get a PM, it means your action was or seemed successful.
OK, but that means that it didn't interact with Varee's or Varee didn't target Toaster.
No, I'm just in a different time zone. GMT+2, 10am now.

That's true, of course, which is something I might confirm only to me.

Also, we almost definitely have an SK, given an SK-ally (unless Wuba really is a bastard in regard to Shakerag :D), and we have another third party to be sure.

Given at least two killing teams, I'd guess we either have an arsonist or a really strange mafia kill.
Where are you getting this information? How do you know there's another third party after the SK and SK-ally?
How do you know there's two killing teams when there were no kills last night?
It's called common sense. TolyK did the same exact thing in Jack's BYOR too. If there's a 17 player game, then either there is a large scumteam or multiple third parties. Only multiple third parties is more balanced and FUN. Also, Shakerag's role only allows one kill to occur, which means that at least two people have some form of kill. One of which we know is the SK, while the other is likely the Mafia or a Vigilante. Weren't you in Jack's BYOR? Stop trying to cast suspicion on other people.
OK. He could have explained that that information was coming from Shake's powers. Instead of thinking it's rolefishing. How did he even come to that conclusion that that's what I was doing this time? He just assumed that because I do that a lot, that's what I was doing?

Webadict: Is this game restricted to One Lynch Per Day?
No. But only in cases where two or more players are successfully Hammered. Ending the Day with equal votes less than Hammer is a No Lynch. Or those related to abilities, as always.
Err.

Flabort. Why was there only one person lynched?

PFP

Because I had no idea about this. If I had known that hammer-ties do not result in a no-lynch, then hammering both of them would have been the better course of action, because now knowing this a lot of what I had said about not wanted to cause a tie is voided. I didn't know this at the time, though, so I thought if I had hammered them both, no-one would have died.

Flabort: Why didn't you lynch both Cheeetar and Shakerag?
See directly above.

Flabort:  If you're town, why didn't you simply hammer everybody but yourself?
*facepalm* Because the ability only works on up to two people. It's part of the ability.
And oh boy would that ever be overpowered. "Here's an instant win button."
And also, see answer directly above.
Toaster, how could you assume that I could hammer everybody but myself?

If I missed anything please let me know.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 14, 2014, 12:57:05 pm »

Flabort:
Flabort:  If you're town, why didn't you simply hammer everybody but yourself?
*facepalm* Because the ability only works on up to two people. It's part of the ability.
And oh boy would that ever be overpowered. "Here's an instant win button."
And also, see answer directly above.
Toaster, how could you assume that I could hammer everybody but myself?

If you said that, I missed it.  And remember what I said about not assuming anything with Wuba?  Allow me to cite BYOR 10:

Quote from: Hapah's Role
Hapah - Kefka

Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, Assassin, and respective Allies and Brothers)

(1-Shot, Night) Demon: Blocks all actions used against you during this Night.
(1-Shot, Night) Fiend [target]: Delays the target. If the target is targeting you, they are blocked.
(1-Shot, Night) Goddess [target]: Target gains (Auto) Zombify: When you die, you revive once. If you are the target of a non-kill action, you die. Kill actions have no effect on you.
(99-Shot) Light of Judgment: This is only usable after you have used Demon, Fiend, and Goddess. You kill everyone else.

And yes, that's a town role.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 14, 2014, 01:01:03 pm »

Hello once again America [and Flabort], this is your President Nerjin speaking. Let's discuss Flabort's recent post.

Here's my case against Flabort: [Cheetar's case] Do note that his reasons for suspecting me so far had been 'that guy just doesn't sit right with me.'
. . . I trust my gut. It still says you're scum.

The rest of us, however, would greatly appreciate proof of your status. Specifically: Something that did NOT arise from the situation you masterminded.

(a)I don't want to be seen as the one who pulled the trigger; I admit that I set up the situation. (B)But if I were to be the one that chose and killed a person, all on my own, that would be a jerk move; also, biased. (C) If this action still gets me killed, I still bring the person(s) that are most scummy with me.

A) Why? If you were certain of someone's communist leaning and used logic and reasoning before using the vote power America would have been less suspicious of you. HOWEVER that's not what you did.
B) No. Forcing someone else to implicate themselves due to your failure to have a legitimate case makes it a jerk move.
C) No. You panic and bring the two people who you had the biggest gut reaction towards with you. If a gut reaction makes a man right, then science is wrong. Medicine is wrong. A bowling ball falls faster than a feather due to gravity. No. You have no case other than the case you pulled out of the air via your own mechanations.

Yes, I was panicking too. Somewhat. You don't gather ~5 votes, get daykilled, and then get the only votes so far back on you and not panic about that; someone wants you dead, and that someone is very determined. I want to be alive long enough to learn who.

I still don't think you were day killed. You wiped the board. Or one of your 'komerades' did. Why would someone day kill you if you were already on the block to be lynched? No, no I think it makes much more sense that after wiping the board didn't save your communist hide, you decided to pull out the big guns. You don't care about the town. You don't care about America! The only thing you care about is your own victory condition.

And come on, a vote? "In the hopes that [my] revive was a one-shot"? My votes were a one-shot. My revive recharges.

We only have your word for that. I'm willing to bet that this isn't the case.

OK, fine, my given reasons for voting [Cheetar] are a bit of a double standard. But I notice you [IronyOwl] voting him and finding him suspicious too.
So we both want to live and used that as our justification for yesterday. We still suspect each other and find each other to be scummy.

Yes. You both do. Cheetar AND you find the other suspicious. The difference being that you are doing nothing to help and are doing a lot to hurt. Cheetar, though I don't know his alignment for sure, at least is focusing on the person responsible for forcing his hand.

Quote from: Nerjin
FLABORT MUST READ
You hypocritical communist. I choose to believe you are entirely to blame, in order to set up the idea that it's been you the whole time
You are entitled to your opinions. I am entitled to my opinions too, and if I choose to believe you are President Stalin For Life, you wouldn't be able to change that opinion. I choose to believe that you are working for the town, right now, but that you are very mistaken about who to pursue.

Hahahahaha heheheheheh... Oh you're too cute. That really is an adorable way to try to discredit what I said. No. What I say is backed up with facts. How you acted. How you ARE acting. How you react. Your opinion is, yet again, based on the fact that someone else suspects you.

Shake and Cheetar suspected you. We see how that went. Now I suspect you and... You're panicking. You see what I'm saying has truth to it. But now, your precious little one shot is gone. Now all you can rely on is ad hominem attacks. How about, instead of dismissing my comments you prove them wrong? Using logic and reasoning. Evidence and quotes. Instead of "You're wrong because I say so". I don't think I'm making an outrageous request. So how about you humor me. Prove to me, no, prove to AMERICA that what you did was warrented. That what you did proves you're town. I've given my evidence. Now you give yours.

It's tickling my suspicion, and I don't understand the chaos of those posts. It's troubling me because you're saying something that directly affects how we perceive your alignment is changed.

Again you say something along the lines of 'gut reaction'. Well a gut reaction is like iron. Unrefined by the fires of truth and evidence it is simply a rock. A more useful rock than some [the rocks of lurking and deciept] but a rock none-the-less. Give evidence to back up your claims. Otherwise, keep them to yourself.

As for your question, I knew that:
A) I would die for reals if I was voted that day after being daykilled, because my revive would not have time to recharge.
B) Someone having more votes on them then me would make me safe. Yes, this was incredibly self-serving, but I feel like my powers could help town. Less so now that I've actually claimed them, but I think they can still help; turning the night game against Scum into an excruciating game of "Did I or didn't I, and if I did where?". Night WIFOM vs Scum, if you will.

D) I didn't want to cause a tie.
E) I essentially presented the two of them with a variation on Prisoner's Dilemma. If one votes the other, they survive the day. If anyone else considered them scummy, though, they didn't. If they managed to each vote each other simultaneously (they didn't), they'd both survive due to it becoming a tie and no-lynch.
F) I didn't trust either of them.
So you did it to draw attention away from yourself, get two other people lynched that weren't you and avoid responsibility for it. Nice try. Yeah, you need to be lynched.
Not totally avoid responsibility, but yes, I guess that's a good summary.

Thank you for admitting that you were throwing suspicion off yourself [or trying to]. But once again you lied. I went ahead and marked the statements that show you trying to avoid responsibility directly. I was even kind and let the "I don't want to cause a tie" comment slide as that can be reasonably argued to be American in nature.

If I missed anything please let me know.

Well... You missed my entire argument. Well, not so much missed as dismissed. How about you respond to it in a rational manner instead of making the childish retort of "No it isn't".
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 14, 2014, 01:07:39 pm »

Forgot to mention this bit:

Flabort:
I don't want to be seen as the one who pulled the trigger;

This is incredibly self-serving.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2014, 01:09:24 pm »

Tiruin I don't fully understand what you're saying but it's troubling me.
...Yeah, let's give me the finger without giving any more details than 'D: WAT U SAY'
>_>
It's troubling you, how.
Is that so easy to append?
So now you're saying... what? I don't understand this talk of Unlucky and having nothing to lose but information, and you're saying you're not miller now?
You...confuse me heavily.
First you don't ask why or how.
Next you note somethingsomething perceive my alignment being changed.

Did you get the note that the ability that got the perceiving of my alignment being wiped out or are you noting something subtle there, flabort? Am I missing something or is your wording being silly?

What did you get from reading my post, anyway?

Because I had no idea about this. If I had known that hammer-ties do not result in a no-lynch[...], then hammering both of them would have been the better course of action, because now knowing this a lot of what I had said about not wanted to cause a tie is voided. I didn't know this at the time, though, so I thought if I had hammered them both, no-one would have died.
But it wasn't a hammer-tie, was it?
Someone got lynched. Shakerag got lynched.
And I can't view the votecount back then right now so excuse me if there's one extra vote that made Shakerag > that other target you got there.

Also...you had no idea because you thought the description of the ability was clear-cut?
Do note: No-lynch hammer ties were mentioned when the votes were BELOW THE HAMMER COUNT.
The hammer had fallen back then.
PFP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 14, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »

EBWOP
Tiruin:
> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
That was me testing to make sure you weren't fakeclaiming scum. You passed. It also is completely gone, not stolen.
Why're you telling this out loud, now?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 14, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »

Well.  Two of us lynched what was probably the best possible lynch target D1 based on less than no evidence.

Also, Flabort, you can revive several times?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like something Wuba would give a townie.
4maskwolf: Darvi, BYOR 7.  However, there, the revives were limited more strongly and each death (which would happen at least once a cycle after the first kill) would drain him of the ability to use his other powers/his other powers would drain his life.

Someone day killed me. A day kill is not a town power.
flabort: Dariush, BYOR 8.  Also, stop it with the slippery slope absence argument.  It doesn't work at all.

So 25% of 19 is uh, 5? 4?
Cheeetar: There's only 17 slots in this game.

TolyK: Respond to my stuff.

So.  A few people, through their actions, have caught my attention.  I'm tired, I have a bad headache, and my internet connection is a mess, so I'll try to examine them more closely and deal with them later today, but they are the following players:
*Flabort.  Was scummy Day 1.  Got scummier now with the whole hammer gambit being an effort to get attention off of him and onto someone else while avoiding responsibility for a lynch he caused.  I would probably place my initial Day 2 vote here, but he's careening towards a hammer and I'd rather not help bring one too quickly.  Also, might be third party (powers are odd for mafia.  Doublehammer for an/the informed minority seems a bit much, though I wouldn't put it beyond Wuba)
*TolyK for his very weak participation in the initial Day 1 Flabortwagon and lack of any other scumhunting.
*NQT, aside from the Tiruin scuffle, has largely contributed in a way that could easily be replaced by an NQTbot that occasionally pops up to tell us to stop voting for an active player and vote for an inactive one.  Which feels wrong, considering that would be, in most circumstances, just a bad caricature of him.  He gives me the feel of someone coasting through the game, not engaging with the cases he opposes and not making cases against the people he says he wants to lynch.  He seems to be, to put it simply, not quite here.
*Cheeetar: That hammer.

For now, extend for the following reason:
Day ends Thursday 7 PMish CST.
Webadict: That is an error, right?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 14, 2014, 01:41:45 pm »

EBWOP
Tiruin:
> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
That was me testing to make sure you weren't fakeclaiming scum. You passed. It also is completely gone, not stolen.
Why're you telling this out loud, now?
Because when things are a confusing mess, I like to help fix it when I can.

Because I had no idea about this. If I had known that hammer-ties do not result in a no-lynch[...], then hammering both of them would have been the better course of action, because now knowing this a lot of what I had said about not wanted to cause a tie is voided. I didn't know this at the time, though, so I thought if I had hammered them both, no-one would have died.
But it wasn't a hammer-tie, was it?
Someone got lynched. Shakerag got lynched.
And I can't view the votecount back then right now so excuse me if there's one extra vote that made Shakerag > that other target you got there.

Also...you had no idea because you thought the description of the ability was clear-cut?
Do note: No-lynch hammer ties were mentioned when the votes were BELOW THE HAMMER COUNT.
The hammer had fallen back then.
PFP
I'm confused by what you're saying here, and I think its because you're misunderstanding what happened yesterday.

At end of day yesterday, Flabort played an ability that he says allowed him to vote two players as much as he wanted. He voted so that Cheeetar and Shakerag each had 8 votes, meaning one last vote would hammer. Cheeetar then voted Shakerag, hammering and causing the day to end with a Shakerag lynch. Only one person was lynched because only one person was hammered.

Flabort says he gave them enough votes for someone else to hammer because those were his top two suspects and he wanted to avoid responsibility for them being lynched. He also says he didn't know that Hammering two people at the same time would result in both being lynched.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 14, 2014, 01:44:55 pm »

Also, the votecount:
Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Cheeetar - flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort,
flabort - Nerjin,
Imp -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
notquitethere -
Persus13 -
Scripten -
Shakerag - flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, flabort, Cheeetar,
Silthuri -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK -
Varee -

Not Voting - Imp, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Silthuri, Toaster, TolyK, Varee, Tiruin, 4maskwolf, Jack A T, notquitethere, Persus13, Shakerag, IronyOwl, Scripten,

9 To Hammer. Day ends Thursday 7 PMish CST.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 14, 2014, 02:05:52 pm »

And yes, that's a town role.
...there had to be something else in play in order to make that balanced. Though that's not an instant win. He had to use all three of his other abilities, and I'm guessing that he could only use one per night. That essentially makes his power "Town is Watcher 4 if you stay alive".

Tiruin I confuse you? You confuse me.
I don't understand what you mean "first you don't say why or how", at all.
To clarify what I said: Something that affects "The way we perceive your alignment" has been changed. You're saying you lost miller, so if town investigates you and finds a scum result now, what does that mean?
I think one of us is missing something or both our wording is being silly, because I didn't fully understand the sentence where you just voted me.

Shakerag got lynched because there was an additional vote besides mine. And I didn't know I could make a tied hammer, so that's why only one person died.

Forgot to mention this bit:

Flabort:
I don't want to be seen as the one who pulled the trigger;

This is incredibly self-serving.
Fine. Guilty as charged, it was self-serving. Still town. Still not lying in anything I've said.
Maybe still omitting details. Not lying. I don't lie to town as town.

Quote from: President Stalin
Well... You missed my entire argument. Well, not so much missed as dismissed. How about you respond to it in a rational manner instead of making the childish retort of "No it isn't".
Let me think of a way to best answer that then.
But how can you pretend to hate communism so much when you're the head of Russia?
But seriously, how can you be so blind to the truth? Drop your "president" act and tell me exactly what you think of each player right now, how they can or could relate to me or Cheeetar, and what the results tell you.
I guess I can get lynched and killed if it will tell you the truth about who's who and what's what.
Cheeetar is the SK. Nerjin is Scum with a night kill and a once-per-day vote reset, plus the one-shot daykill. Jack A T is his scumbuddy. Scripten is either a third scum or another third party.
Your case on me is that I am a big fat hypocrite, and that I am not genuinely scum hunting. Tell me if this is accurate, and then tell me I haven't been hunting for scum.

PPE: Thank you Persus. That was explained pretty well. How do you perceive the current situation?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 14, 2014, 02:18:59 pm »

Hi. Actual Nerjin here. No roleplaying in this post because I just... I'm sorta shocked at something. I want to hit it bit by bit.

Quote from: President Stalin
Let me think of a way to best answer that then.
But how can you pretend to hate communism so much when you're the head of Russia?

So we're off to a good start. Name calling. I've been tossing the terms "communist" and "America" around as replacements for Scum and Town respectively. This right here is just name calling.

Quote from: Flabort
But seriously, how can you be so blind to the truth? Drop your "president" act and tell me exactly what you think of each player right now, how they can or could relate to me or Cheeetar, and what the results tell you.

Okay. I have null reads on everyone except: You (Scum), NQT (Scum-lean), and Varee (Scum-Lean).

There. I've put in exactly as much effort as you. Actually, far more so but that's beside the point.

I guess I can get lynched and killed if it will tell you the truth about who's who and what's what.

It would be most helpful yes.

Cheeetar is the SK. Nerjin is Scum with a night kill and a once-per-day vote reset, plus the one-shot daykill. Jack A T is his scumbuddy. Scripten is either a third scum or another third party.

My my my... So many claims and... Wait... Why? What evidence do you have? Hold up... Let me try something.

Town wins. Scum loses. All third parties lose. Webadict makes a public apology for murdering his family which he murdered with an acid based shotgun.

Hm... No, just saying something was true didn't make it true. Go figure. How about you PROVE that I'm scum? How about you PROVE Cheetar is an SK. How about you PROVE that these people [who oddly enough all have cases on you] are so evil. Hm?

Your case on me is that I am a big fat hypocrite, and that I am not genuinely scum hunting. Tell me if this is accurate, and then tell me I haven't been hunting for scum.

It is not. You are not. It is not. You have not.

There. I responded to all your accusations. Please refute my actual argument if you please.

P.S.

I agree. He did explain what you said very well. Then he posted the vote count because reasons I guess.

Anyways, your OMGUS is adorable.

@Everyone

Sorry for breaking character. I'll try not to do so in the future.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 14, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

Back to my promised post... PPE: Which I was reminded about again, thank you.

I'd rather give more time for Scripten to examine TolyK if Scripten chooses to chase this further without this possibly clouding reactions, if Scripten was just being indirect about beginning to explore it, but day end nears and I don't know if work will allow me much time to post again before day is over.  I wrote it yesterday, after reading the post I quote that I say blew my mind, and haven't changed it since.
« Reply #296 on: Today at 11:32:39 am »
TolyK: You seem relatively happy to jump on the Flabort wagon. What makes Flabort's role talk more dangerous to the town or more scummy than everyone else's?
« Reply #316 on: Today at 03:55:22 pm »
There was a flabort wagon? When I voted?
As far as I remember, when I voted flabort with a random vote people were taking about millers...

TolyK, your answer just blew my mind.

That I can see, you've voted once this entire game.  4.5 hours before being asked about your vote.  Yours was the second vote on flabort, and there's 4 votes now.

I don't see a flabort wagon, though one may have begun; momentum can happen.  notquitethere seems concerned about a possible flabort wagon too.
I... don't understand what blows your mind. I voted, there were more votes behind me. I did not remember what exactly was happening 4.5 hours before. Is that what does it?

TolyK: I find your contribution to the flabort wagon troubling.  You voted for flabort for his apparent effort to give away his role name.  How is this scummy?
I was... second on the bandwagon. I voted him with minimal evidence to pressure vote him and hopefully get more out of him. Evidently, he has incriminated himself even more.

Quote from: Jack A T
Later, you, when asked to explain your "shooting from the hip" targets (which did not include flabort), came out with this:
@jack I hipfire horribly, so those are more or less random picks. They're the names that came up after more or less re-skimming though the material.

Flabort, who I've already voted, had since taken the front scene.
...but what do you think?  Why do you think he is worth your vote?
He's worth the vote for rolefishing, and now even more for causing a bull fight to save his own skin, and even more for being very defensive and OMGUS-ing Nerjin. (SORRY TIRUIN FOR TERM MISUSE :P)

Quote from: Jack A T
Since that post, you've taken a few short jabs at flabort, but have never really brought together a case against him.  You're sort of sitting back on the bandwagon.

Most of my case on Flabort:
Because it's fun.
This is obviously not a satisfactory answer, since you typically play to win as well, and this could be detrimental to that fact.
...And?  What makes this scummy?
a) It continues the pressure, and
b) This is scummy because, as it seems to me, he's trying to increase the chaos in the game this way. It's a probable explanation, as well as what he is doing now.

I typically PFP, so please excuse not quoting and such completely.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 14, 2014, 02:47:12 pm »

Also, Flabort, you can revive several times?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like something Wuba would give a townie.
4maskwolf: Darvi, BYOR 7.  However, there, the revives were limited more strongly and each death (which would happen at least once a cycle after the first kill) would drain him of the ability to use his other powers/his other powers would drain his life.

Someone day killed me. A day kill is not a town power.
flabort: Dariush, BYOR 8.
Well um...
Did Wuba scale down how powerful the roles were, or was I just given a weak role?  I'm specifically looking at Dariush's role: immune to kills and can cause all powers targeting someone else to target him?  Impressive... Unlike my rather unimpressive role (at least powerwise).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 14, 2014, 02:56:11 pm »

TolyK:
I was... second on the bandwagon.

This does not excuse you from the bandwagoning charge.

You missed my post.

4mask:
Did Wuba scale down how powerful the roles were, or was I just given a weak role?  I'm specifically looking at Dariush's role: immune to kills and can cause all powers targeting someone else to target him?  Impressive... Unlike my rather unimpressive role (at least powerwise).

Also, don't under- or overestimate your abilities.

A lot of oddball town roles exist as counters to specific scum roles, as well as seemingly powerful ones having counters.  Like that Kefka role posted earlier; scum had some revive power that game, and one had a roleswap that could simply steal it.  Plus, there was a town 50% magnet for all kills.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 123