Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241762 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #555 on: August 15, 2014, 08:38:20 pm »

4maskwolf What is your opinion on what he has done since Jack A T unvoted you?
Jack A T is one of the two people who I almost invariably end up reading as town.  Frankly, I'll have to go back and look at what he's done.  If people aren't directly engaging me, I tend not to notice their contributions as much.

Basically, I'd rather see Cheeetar be lynched (unless he convinces me otherwise, or at the very least assuages my suspicions)

This. What suspicions of Cheetar? (I would have thought this was obvious, but my bad for not directly quoting you.) Also, last game was massively different form this one. Plus, if you were a one-trick pony, you wouldn't be so self-aware with regard to it. Your defense is weak.
...You could read my post(s) about why I suspect Cheeetar.  However, his posts seem mostly well thought out and make sense, so I'm going to Unvote Cheeetar for now.

What's this about one-trick pony?  I know what the phrase means, but... what are you referencing?

Everyone not voting Flabort: What do you think of the arguments for lynching Flabort?  Why do you believe a different target would be a better choice?
4maskwolf: Flabort's most likely scum of some variety (mafia or third party).  However, he's getting close to a hammer and I'd rather avoid hammering early D2, particularly against someone who is less likely to die when lynched than most players.  Also, I'm leaning third party on him (powers seem a bit much for the mafia), and would rather catch the mafia.

Do you have any suspects other than Cheeetar and flabort?  If so, why do you suspect them?  If you don't have any other suspects, why not?  How have your Day 1 suspicions held up?
Currently, no.  Tomorrow, I'm going to go back, read the thread, and see if anything jumps out at me.  Frankly, work has been hella busy this week and I haven't had much time to play mafia or to think things through.

4maskwolf:
I have a couple of theories on no night deaths, but I'll wait until tomorrow to tell you all them (tomorrow as in tomorrow, not as in day 3).

Did you elaborate on this already, or change your mind about it?
Bluh.  Sorry, totally spaced on that promise.
1. A protector protected the nightkill last night (quite possible).
2. A roleblocker roleblocked a killing role (also possible).
3. The killer(s) decided not to kill (unlikely).
4. All killing roles not affected by the above targeted someone who is immune/resistant to kills (highly unlikely, but possible).

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 15, 2014, 09:13:38 pm »

Basically, I'd rather see Cheeetar be lynched (unless he convinces me otherwise, or at the very least assuages my suspicions)

This. What suspicions of Cheetar? (I would have thought this was obvious, but my bad for not directly quoting you.) Also, last game was massively different form this one. Plus, if you were a one-trick pony, you wouldn't be so self-aware with regard to it. Your defense is weak.
...You could read my post(s) about why I suspect Cheeetar.  However, his posts seem mostly well thought out and make sense, so I'm going to Unvote Cheeetar for now.

What's this about one-trick pony?  I know what the phrase means, but... what are you referencing?

I was hoping to not have to read through the thread again to find out what you were talking about. It kind of wastes my time, but whatevs. Isn't a big deal.

However, I'm a little surprised to have to explain what I meant by one-trick pony. You said that you played scum differently in another game. Then you went and used that as defense against my suspicions of you being scum in this game, as if you expected me to believe that you simultaneously play scum only one way and are aware of it. That's simply contradictory and thus a weak defense.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 15, 2014, 09:20:32 pm »

So let me talk about the power without the fluffy non sense....

The power is an auto trigger that will give a random player, including me, a new power according to their role every night. I have the ability to target someone, that is not myself, with it as a free action every night. The person that recieve the power then should be inform of it.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 15, 2014, 09:27:53 pm »

Shakerag:
This is yesterday's stuff, but I feel the need to answer it regardless.
Silthuri:
Can you point out specific things to me that said to you "Cheeetar is full of shit and is scum" as opposed to "Cheeetar is mistaken about things related to millers and night actions"?  Because I'm not seeing it myself.
It was basically "Cheeetar's full of shit and scum" which can be attributed to "Cheeetar mistaken." That was the best thing I could come up with because I wasn't around to witness Flabort's stunt.

Flabort:
Silthuri What do you think of Tiruin's new claim?
As with her miller claim, which was supposedly confirmed by Persus, I believe her. I'm really curious about her morphing role though...

4mask:
Alright, on to more serious things:
Everyone voting Flabort: What are your points against him?  What alignment do you believe him to be?
I feel that Flabort is definitely not town. He put two people at one below hammer, claiming that whoever hammered would look scummy. He forced the hammer when he had a decent chance of not getting lynched in the first place. There was what... two votes on him? Then he starts claiming he knows who the SK and such are. Just... doesn't feel right. I'll try to go back and form a solid case before the Day ends.

NQT:
Silthuri, by my count you made one case on Day 1 and have done bugger all of use today. Unless I'm missing something? Please point out a recent contribution you've made that brings us closer to lynching scum.
I haven't done shit today and you know it. I haven't made a single contribution this day until now. I'm having severe RL issues and still trying to play this game. Sorry if this is impeding your scumhunting because you feel the need to focus on little old me.

Persus:

Varee, Slithuri:

Are you still playing?
Barely, but yes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:06 pm »

Y'all: It's a possibility that this day will end with a Flabort lynch and he will then resurrect. In the case that he does, I would encourage vigilante action against him- I don't see him being town alignment if he has regenerating resurrects such that scum would need two kills to get rid of him, or to both lynch and scumkill him.

MBP, you weren't in the game until the very end of Day 1. As such, you stand from a fairly neutral position. Were you at all reading the thread before you replaced in? Did you notice anything scummy, or would you be willing to read back on Day 1 and point out scum players that may have escaped attention?

Flabort, exactly how much of your subtle manipulation would you be willing to reveal to us, and do you understand that if you aren't able to show the subtle manipulation people may disbelieve you were doing such a thing in the first place?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 15, 2014, 10:40:45 pm »

I started reading after the first day was concluded, and so my view is not neutral.

Basically, Flabort justification don't float much, but at the same time i can't see scum using an ability that powerfull this early. Late game that would have been devastating and would give scum a ''free'' day. Worth gold. From a action point of view, scummy. From a more ''meta'' view, ill advised>townie. The role claiming and throwing names around will need to be verified, too.

Varee
I've got a kind of tingle that reminds me of my arsonist. If you can't say what those ''powers'' are i'm not inclined to see them as beneficial.

Jack
Glad to see you agan, Jack.  Been a long time.

NQH
With all the wall of text being thrown around, i can't say you guys aren't making this easy. In normal circomstances i mostly use vote history to catch the patterns, no dice here. Tolyk ''bang for the buck'' comment had me raise my eyebrow (yes, it's a mono). I'll have to ask him about it.

Hey TolykWhat's up about the ''bang for the buck'' thing ?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:26 pm »

To reiterate: Would you be willing to read back on the events of the first day?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 16, 2014, 02:04:39 am »

Is the phrase strange, or the use?

I'm currently off doing stuff that isn't really mafia-hunting, but rather third-party-hunting, because that is my most effective use of time at the moment. That is what that post meant.

Also, I have a strong urge not to lynch Flabort if he agrees not to spew out random crap. Before I'm sure on this I'm waiting for a reply...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 16, 2014, 02:16:51 am »

PFP

Persus: Thanks for clarifying it back there--the misunderstanding >_< Will be completing my read in the next half-day.
Tiruin:
> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
That was me testing to make sure you weren't fakeclaiming scum. You passed. It also is completely gone, not stolen.

> I've gained a Filler Ability. Literally called such. Ihave a 50% chance to lose an ability while...I have that ability.
As if its going to do anything anyway. :V
That wasn't me.
Could you explain the orange part? My intuition had a bad ping after I thought about this.
How did you test, and how did you check if the ability is gone?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 16, 2014, 10:22:21 am »

I was hoping to not have to read through the thread again to find out what you were talking about. It kind of wastes my time, but whatevs. Isn't a big deal.

However, I'm a little surprised to have to explain what I meant by one-trick pony. You said that you played scum differently in another game. Then you went and used that as defense against my suspicions of you being scum in this game, as if you expected me to believe that you simultaneously play scum only one way and are aware of it. That's simply contradictory and thus a weak defense.
I'm not a one trick pony, but that is one of the things I do as scum.  If one of my scumbuddies messes up, I get them killed off.  I wasn't refuting the point that I was scum, technically I was refuting the idea that Flabort and I knew we were on the same time, but that's an irrelevant distinction since the point I made is, as you have correctly pointed out, completely useless.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 16, 2014, 10:55:55 am »

I'm not a one trick pony, but that is one of the things I do as scum.  If one of my scumbuddies messes up, I get them killed off.  I wasn't refuting the point that I was scum, technically I was refuting the idea that Flabort and I knew we were on the same time, but that's an irrelevant distinction since the point I made is, as you have correctly pointed out, completely useless.

In light of the fact that you've acknowledged your point is useless...

This is getting ridiculous. Flabort is OMGUS-y scum and I'm becoming more and more certain that 4mask is his scumbuddy. (Can you summarize your suspicions? The thread is really long and my time is limited lately. Would be appreciative.)
Lolz if I was his scumbuddy my vote would be solidly stuck on him.  You were in the last game I was scum, you saw what I did to my scumbuddies.

How do you feel about this?
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:56 am »

This is getting ridiculous. Flabort is OMGUS-y scum and I'm becoming more and more certain that 4mask is his scumbuddy. (Can you summarize your suspicions? The thread is really long and my time is limited lately. Would be appreciative.)
Lolz if I was his scumbuddy my vote would be solidly stuck on him.  You were in the last game I was scum, you saw what I did to my scumbuddies.

It was a useless and silly thing I did when I was already irritated by life events.  I know this, and I've accepted it.  Had I been thinking straight, I would realize that me saying that would be pointless and mean nothing.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 16, 2014, 12:06:17 pm »

It was a useless and silly thing I did when I was already irritated by life events.  I know this, and I've accepted it.  Had I been thinking straight, I would realize that me saying that would be pointless and mean nothing.

Fair enough. That being said, you haven't really offered an alternative explanation. While life events are hardly something I could hold against you, it's a little ridiculous to think that such a slip is irrelevant. You seem to be supporting Flabort blindly and I'd like to know why, considering his actions are pretty damn scummy to me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 16, 2014, 12:19:28 pm »

Fair enough. That being said, you haven't really offered an alternative explanation. While life events are hardly something I could hold against you, it's a little ridiculous to think that such a slip is irrelevant. You seem to be supporting Flabort blindly and I'd like to know why, considering his actions are pretty damn scummy to me.
Oh no, I think he is probably anti-town.  I've stated as much several times.  I've also stated the case that we should be looking for scum who haven't spent some of their abilities, to take them out before they can use said abilities.  That's why my vote was on Cheeetar for a while: I thought both were anti-town, but I didn't know what Cheeetar had ability-wise so I thought it would be prudent to lynch him first.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 16, 2014, 12:35:07 pm »

Flabort, exactly how much of your subtle manipulation would you be willing to reveal to us, and do you understand that if you aren't able to show the subtle manipulation people may disbelieve you were doing such a thing in the first place?
I'm OK with them not believing it, because it would not be subtle if I was blatant about how I did it.
Also, I have a strong urge not to lynch Flabort if he agrees not to spew out random crap. Before I'm sure on this I'm waiting for a reply...
What do you define as random crap?

So let me talk about the power without the fluffy non sense....

The power is an auto trigger that will give a random player, including me, a new power according to their role every night. I have the ability to target someone, that is not myself, with it as a free action every night. The person that recieve the power then should be inform of it.
So you have two powers. One that hits someone randomly, giving them a new power. And the other power lets you control who the random power hits?
Are you sure the second power works that way? Could you paraphrase these abilities for us?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 123