Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241798 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2014, 11:05:08 am »

I have a feeling that extending is like voting for no lynch.

From the day one thing that flabort got kill during extend i have a feeling that someone have an ability to kill when we vote extend.

Pisud mai dai
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 17, 2014, 11:28:55 am »

Is there any chance of the Flabort wagon being shifted with the extend? Are any of you actually going to make use of your extra time? I see a lot of knee-jerk extending on this forum. Oppose Extend, if possible.

Oh but NQT, you rascal, why are you trying to stifle discussion?

Drawn out days are bad for overall player morale. Town will perform better if the game doesn't slow to a crawl. I see this like I do boardgames where people are taking forever to take their move.

But you're not even voting Flabort!

Yeah you're right. Flabort, I think it's weird you haven't made any serious attempts to get to the bottom of the apparent day kill. Why would anyone want to kill you when you were about to be lynched? And why haven't they claimed?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 17, 2014, 11:36:32 am »

If they were town they would have claimed.
They were trying to appear town by using it as an extra lynch; however, having not claimed yet, I believe that they are trying to protect themselves from other members of the town; the possibility that they are hiding from scum instead exists but is a slim chance.
Also, the first thing I did after being daykilled is declare the day-kill to be a scum ability, which may have scared whoever did it into not claiming.

Personally, I suspect Nerjin of having the day kill, but I guess I could ask some more questions to make you happy. I feel really awful issuing a blanket question, though.

Everyone How would you use a day-kill as town? How would you use a day-kill as scum? Do you have the day-kill? Is it a one-shot or an auto that triggers on extend?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 17, 2014, 11:42:23 am »

Is there any chance of the Flabort wagon being shifted with the extend? Are any of you actually going to make use of your extra time? I see a lot of knee-jerk extending on this forum. Oppose Extend, if possible.
You didn't have to cope with [RL SIGNIFICANT DIFFICULTIES] >_>

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 17, 2014, 12:13:54 pm »

Everyone How would you use a day-kill as town? How would you use a day-kill as scum? Do you have the day-kill? Is it a one-shot or an auto that triggers on extend?

As town, I'd like to use it to kill people who were certain that they knew somebody was scum for reasons unknown. Either they'd flip as non-town, in which case we could disregard their claim, or they'd flip as town and we'd be able to lynch a scum. As scum, I guess I'd kill people who claimed investigator, or those who might discover me- preferably towards the start of the day before they'd posted too much.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:14 pm »

Pfp at dialup speeds. It's painful ;(

Alright, uh. Cheeetar, you seem to want me dead both ways. I like that in that you're so open about it.
I'm giving you guys all the info you could actually use without extra info getting to the scum. I do not want to be lynched right now, obviously, but this is in case scum kill me this day/night. I will claim tomorrow (in-game time), but I can today if you really really really want me to.

Oh, and Flabort's a neutral third party, which probably means survivor, which is why I told him to not wreck stuff. If you feel that lynching a survivor over scum like Cheeetar or Extend is profitable, by all means.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 17, 2014, 01:12:42 pm »

Obviously, I'm not certain that Cheeetar is scum. However, trying to coerce people into killing someone who's giving information seems maligent.
As for your question, Flabort, I'd kill the current lynch target if I was town, and possibly if I was scum (if the next in line was also a townie). Otherwise, I'd either kill the towniest player or the one who seems to be most powerful.

Sorry for double post.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 17, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »

Toly
Oh, and Flabort's a neutral third party
Do you know this for a fact?

Flabort
Are you a 'neutral third party'?

Why?

If I had a day kill I'd use it to eliminate suspects to get the most out of the early days where we've got a buffer of expendable players. So I'd be shooting you right now. Unfortunately, I don't have a kill.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 17, 2014, 02:29:09 pm »

As town, I'd like to use it to kill people who were certain that they knew somebody was scum for reasons unknown. Either they'd flip as non-town, in which case we could disregard their claim, or they'd flip as town and we'd be able to lynch a scum. As scum, I guess I'd kill people who claimed investigator, or those who might discover me- preferably towards the start of the day before they'd posted too much.
Typically, Cheeetar, the right answer for town is to kill whomever has the most votes on them, functioning as a second lynch; giving town the flip they were going for, and a second chance to lynch right that day. I get what you are saying, though, it does make sense, but it's a much more risky strategy and someone else might find it more suspicious.
Your scum answer works fine; as long as the kill can't be tracked back to you.

Pfp at dialup speeds. It's painful ;(

Alright, uh. Cheeetar, you seem to want me dead both ways. I like that in that you're so open about it.
I'm giving you guys all the info you could actually use without extra info getting to the scum. I do not want to be lynched right now, obviously, but this is in case scum kill me this day/night. I will claim tomorrow (in-game time), but I can today if you really really really want me to.

Oh, and Flabort's a neutral third party, which probably means survivor, which is why I told him to not wreck stuff. If you feel that lynching a survivor over scum like Cheeetar or Extend is profitable, by all means.
Ouch, yeah, that would be painful.

It could be argued that as scum he would kill someone else, such as me, but yeah, it seems like he'd really be gunning for you right now. Also, since I'm pretty certain he's the SK, neither case actually applies to him.

I would (hypocriticly) recomend against you claiming so early. You are not currently the focus of any gambit or conversation that I am aware of, except for Cheeetar, so unless you're about to pull a gambit of your own, hold off for now.

I am seriously bugged by the fact that everyone thinks I'm third party or scum, but I guess after the stuff I pulled it's no surpirse. This is a step up from being lying scum, anyways, and I appreciate the trust. I will try to refrain from wrecking stuff, as you put it.

Obviously, I'm not certain that Cheeetar is scum. However, trying to coerce people into killing someone who's giving information seems maligent.
As for your question, Flabort, I'd kill the current lynch target if I was town, and possibly if I was scum (if the next in line was also a townie). Otherwise, I'd either kill the towniest player or the one who seems to be most powerful.

Sorry for double post.
Double post is fine.

This is exactly the answer I expected from... most everyone and anyone, to be honest. It's the deviants from this answer that we have to be wary of.

Also, yes, Cheeetar is doing that; "lynch all cops" is not exactly a town policy. Among others, he is one of the ones that I am positive is antitown; I would rather lynch mafia than SK, but I guess he needs to die too.

Toly
Oh, and Flabort's a neutral third party
Do you know this for a fact?

Flabort
Are you a 'neutral third party'?

Why?

If I had a day kill I'd use it to eliminate suspects to get the most out of the early days where we've got a buffer of expendable players. So I'd be shooting you right now. Unfortunately, I don't have a kill.
No he does not know it for a fact.

No, I'm not a third party. If I was, it would be Town-ally, which I'm not (the only difference being how investigative roles interact with it). I am town.

Why not? If they claimed, town would do everything they could to protect them.

Either way you'd be shooting me? Scum or town? Hmm. This new data might tip some scales on my notes.

NQT why would you use it on me? Is there anyone else you would use it on if I were an invalid target?
Who are your top suspects right now?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 17, 2014, 05:28:15 pm »

@NQT: Not completely, but relatively sure.

@Flabort: Why... are you buddying me? I understand that I'm more or less defending you, but why are you voting Cheeetar right after me? And giving me advice on when to reveal. Individually, each would be fine, but all together it starts to worry me.
And you know, eh. Meh.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 17, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »

A watcher with infinite resurrects and the ability to lynch anyone he so chooses once? I'm not buying it, TolyK. And why exactly do I want you dead, again?

Sorry for double post.
Also, yes, Cheeetar is doing that; "lynch all cops" is not exactly a town policy. Among others, he is one of the ones that I am positive is antitown; I would rather lynch mafia than SK, but I guess he needs to die too.

This again? You've had all this time and the best you can come up with now is the same OMGUS you were making earlier.

No, I'm not a third party. If I was, it would be Town-ally, which I'm not (the only difference being how investigative roles interact with it). I am town.

TolyK, do you honestly think a watcher would be so scared to reveal their alignment to town?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 17, 2014, 05:31:32 pm »

A survivor would.
Policy lynching survivors is a thing.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 17, 2014, 05:33:21 pm »

Due to lylo. Hence I told him to not do shenanigans.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 17, 2014, 05:38:48 pm »

You believe a survivor would have those abilities?
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 17, 2014, 05:50:57 pm »

Third parties aren't house pets, TolyK. You can't put Flabort on a leash and expect him to do what you want, and that you expect us to trust you that you have him under control because of a verbal agreement is a bit silly.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 123