Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241623 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #615 on: August 18, 2014, 05:48:05 am »

@Cheeetar, obviously I don't expect most people to believe me, but considering what I'm saying is obviously necessary in order to play best. For the who you are not me, you obviously should take it with a soon of salt, but just throwing it away is nonsense. You sure seem to be trying to convince people into doing illogical things - first shooting people who are trying to give information, then trying to tell people to disregard it (not directly, that would be too obvious).

I'm saying that people shouldn't believe you just because you say something- you need to prove what you say. What about that is 'illogical', and where have I told people to shoot 'information givers'?

It also seems that this hostility is towards me alone, at this point - are you a lyncher?

Jee, I'm sorry for not only focusing on Flabort. I questioned you because you were posting suspicious things- this is a fairly ordinary part of the game, and a passing suspicion is not a reason to accuse somebody of being a lyncher (especially when they're leading a lynch on somebody else...)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 18, 2014, 08:15:50 am »

Ah, but I'm just pressing points and pressing buttons.
I agree, I do need to prove what I say, but that doesn't mean that you should disregard what I say. That was my point and your illogicity.

This is where I got the notion... that you would kill people claiming to know something without explaining. And saying that if you were scum (which might be a tip-off to scum, theoretically) you would get rid of someone like me ASAP. :

Everyone How would you use a day-kill as town? How would you use a day-kill as scum? Do you have the day-kill? Is it a one-shot or an auto that triggers on extend?

As town, I'd like to use it to kill people who were certain that they knew somebody was scum for reasons unknown. Either they'd flip as non-town, in which case we could disregard their claim, or they'd flip as town and we'd be able to lynch a scum. As scum, I guess I'd kill people who claimed investigator, or those who might discover me- preferably towards the start of the day before they'd posted too much.
Typically, Cheeetar, the right answer for town is to kill whomever has the most votes on them, functioning as a second lynch; giving town the flip they were going for, and a second chance to lynch right that day. I get what you are saying, though, it does make sense, but it's a much more risky strategy and someone else might find it more suspicious.
Your scum answer works fine; as long as the kill can't be tracked back to you.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 18, 2014, 08:45:35 am »

Flabort:
Everyone How would you use a day-kill as town? How would you use a day-kill as scum? Do you have the day-kill? Is it a one-shot or an auto that triggers on extend?
I would kill those who I find incredibly suspicious, although this would die out when mistakes come at great cost . At this point, I'd use my kill sparingly. As scum, I would go with my usual scum tactic of either killing those whose deaths wouldn't cast suspicion on me in any way or killing those I deem the greatest threat. I don't have a day-kill. Would be interesting though.

NQT:
Silthuri
I haven't done shit today and you know it. I haven't made a single contribution this day until now. I'm having severe RL issues and still trying to play this game. Sorry if this is impeding your scumhunting because you feel the need to focus on little old me.
(Sorry life stuff is tough: I'm sending positive thought beams in what I imagine to be your general direction.)

I have a need to focus on everyone. You're as likely as anyone to be scum. Remember, it's not a crime to replace out if you don't the time to play.
(Thank you! This has already been the best day I've had in a while so it must be working!  :D )

I understand your questioning of me. My comments directed at you were made in anger and for that I'm sorry. I know it's not a crime to replace out, but webadict took the time to make an awesome role for me and I really want to see what I can do with it. Things are starting to get a bit better though.

Beginning read-through a bit later. Also, extend.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 18, 2014, 09:56:32 am »

NQT : The second part is a few post under the one you quote. Is your goal to lynch me or something? I got a feeling that you really wnat rid of me.

I feel the house thingy got redirected..... I got to try the random thing. I hope that will make it harder to redirect.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 18, 2014, 10:11:44 am »

NQT : The second part is a few post under the one you quote. Is your goal to lynch me or something? I got a feeling that you really wnat rid of me.
Yeah I saw that but it doesn't resolve the issue. I do want to get rid of you, but that's not my wincon. If it was, I'd be voting you and making up some case as to why you have to die. Lyncher is a rare role, incidentally.

Did you get a post saying your action was a success or failure?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 18, 2014, 10:21:56 am »

Weba say there will be no confirmation what so ever so ......

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 18, 2014, 10:26:11 am »

Also how the power is worded i assume that i have to build a house no matter what(unless am dead of course) so i guess someone got it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:53 am »

Day is extended. Will post vote count later, since pfp. Also, I don't do confirmations for actions. You are told if an action fails, if you're blocked, or if you received a result.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 18, 2014, 11:45:08 am »

Varee, you don't know what your house does, correct? Can the same person receive a house twice? You say it's compulsory. What does the "random thing" do?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 18, 2014, 11:48:36 am »

Also, can multiple people receive it during the same night? And are the houses different for either of them? How about day to day?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 18, 2014, 11:50:06 am »

I dont see why someone cant get more than one thing. To repeat what the power is again.

I give someone a power related to their role every night. I can either give a random player, which include myself, the power or i can specify a target for the power, which i cant target myself.

I think i can make one house but if for example flavort copy the power then i guess there can be more house. I got no clue about what kind of power it give though so i cant answer your second question.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 18, 2014, 12:10:28 pm »

Sorry for being nitpicky, I'm making sure you're consistent.
Final thing: It gives a good power, right? As in, it's a buff to a specific player or to a random player?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 18, 2014, 01:45:14 pm »

Back, though still limited access this week.

Imp:
Toaster:
A better question is this:

Flabort:  If you're town, why didn't you simply hammer everybody but yourself?

Why did you specify 'If you're town' in that question?  If he could have hammered everyone, there's extremely few roles he could possibly have where he would not win by hammering everyone but himself (ironically, the something-ally roles are among those).

What was the purpose of this very odd question, and why do you think this is a 'better question'?

Because I have my doubts as to if he's actually town.  Sure, the same logic could apply to several alignments, but I wanted to know what Supposedly Townie Flabort would do in that situation.

It's a better question because Tiruin's question has a purely objective answer.  (It wasn't a hammer because there weren't enough votes for a hammer.)

NQT:
Toaster, does your gut still say Flabort like it did yesterday?

Prior to his antics D1, he had actually improved.  Now he's swinging back to scum and pending me finishing this read (I'm answering questions as I encounter them) I'm considering more and more voting him.

Yeah, my count was off. Jack was voting Flabort yesterday but hasn't done so today. Why no votes, Jack?

Prior to this, you twice mentioned Flabort at being L-1, implying heavily you would be voting him otherwise.  You didn't here, though.  Why?

Flabort:
Toaster How has Scripten's play been? Where do you see it going, what is your opinion about it?

Did you catch where I voted him?  He's had a grand total of one post since then, and no, it didn't go anywhere of clearing my issues with him.  That said, I intend to go over his further posts in more depth, probably at the end of this post right here.  I'm still unimpressed with his play.

If they were town they would have claimed.
They were trying to appear town by using it as an extra lynch; however, having not claimed yet, I believe that they are trying to protect themselves from other members of the town; the possibility that they are hiding from scum instead exists but is a slim chance.

I dispute the first claim.  Why would they claim?

Personally, I suspect Nerjin of having the day kill, but I guess I could ask some more questions to make you happy.

Given he tried to act again, this is extremely unlikely.

Probably as an extra lynch, much like it was (attempted to be) used.  As a LYLO breaker or to eliminate a claimed power role before they could screw us up; that or to reset votes at an opportune time.  Rolefishing.

TolyK:
Lynching 4mask might be a good idea. Mostly because he does WIFOM a lot.

Seriously?  Not even a vote?

And yes, I've been persecuting third parties in this game for several reasons.
- Wuba's BYOR's tend to have quite a few third parties
- Several points of behavior from various players do not fit with scum play, but neither do they fit town play
- We have a confirmed SK-ally, ffs.
- * CLASSIFIED *

A very Mafia-aligned trait, I might add.  Is the CLASSIFIED there to represent that you are a mafia member?

I want to put out information before I'm likely dead, but want to increase my life expectancy. That is, I'm not comfortable telling how I got this quite yet.

I still remember you pulling this crap when you didn't actually have anything.

Varee:
The power is an auto trigger that will give a random player, including me, a new power according to their role every night. I have the ability to target someone, that is not myself, with it as a free action every night. The person that recieve the power then should be inform of it.

Just to clear this up: even if you target it, it's still an auto power?  Or do you target a night action and it just fires off even if you don't target?  Or some third thing?

Cheeetar:
Third parties aren't house pets, TolyK. You can't put Flabort on a leash and expect him to do what you want, and that you expect us to trust you that you have him under control because of a verbal agreement is a bit silly.

I totally agree with this.

Jack:
Everyone who is voting Flabort: Do you believe that Flabort does have a regenerating revive?

I consider it highly likely that he's not being entirely truthful about the nature of the revive.  In short. I doubt it.  At the least, there's some other condition on it.

Everyone:  Do you believe a role with a reusable revive AND the ability to make itself unactionable at night really 1) is a true claim 2) is town?

In conclusion, Flabort almost certainly isn't town, Scripten isn't hunting well, TolyK is trying to act like a mafia member, and I'd be happy to see any of them hang.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 18, 2014, 01:57:28 pm »

I believe you're several days off the timeline..?
It's more like a hider at night, but it seems possible if he's third party. As town I'd say that's impossible.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 18, 2014, 02:01:30 pm »

Oh, and yes, that game.
I was town that game, and turned out to be right, didn't I?
Also, this time I'm giving percentages!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 123