Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241761 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #630 on: August 18, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »

I believe you're several days off the timeline..?

I'm caught up reading, if that's your question.

Also, this time I'm giving percentages!

Meaningless ones!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 18, 2014, 02:06:39 pm »

Only if you don't believe in them! You will, eventually.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 18, 2014, 02:49:09 pm »

Did you catch where I voted him?  He's had a grand total of one post since then, and no, it didn't go anywhere of clearing my issues with him.  That said, I intend to go over his further posts in more depth, probably at the end of this post right here.  I'm still unimpressed with his play.

-snip-

In conclusion, Flabort almost certainly isn't town, Scripten isn't hunting well, TolyK is trying to act like a mafia member, and I'd be happy to see any of them hang.

Oh, please. If you're going to push to lynch me, then at least bother to read the damn thread. I've posted several times since the one you quoted, specifically targeting someone (4maskwolf) who looked scummy to me. I'm keeping my vote on Flabort because he's the most obvious choice of scum and nothing he's said recently has changed that. About the only alternative explanation I can think of would be that he's an anti-jester and wants to both be lynched and waste the town's time, which is exactly what is happening. We've had a single flip, which was a third party, and one person tried to kill Flabort. (The biggest recent conversation has been Flabort trying to rolefish for the person who did that.) The rest of the day's events have been rehashing old information.

But you'd like to see me lynched for "not hunting well." When you ask questions like below?

Everyone:  Do you believe a role with a reusable revive AND the ability to make itself unactionable at night really 1) is a true claim 2) is town?

Of course it's not a town role... Flabort isn't town. Anyone who doesn't see that is just not keeping up with the thread. You put a vote on me which isn't going to go anywhere and call me out on poor scum hunting? Come on, you're supposed to be good at this. Who do YOU want to see lynched? Considering you have your vote on me, a FOS on TolyK, and... a bit of a post saying that Flabort isn't town, I assume that's your list of scummiest players in the game? TolyK is playing strangely, I'll grant you that, but Flabort is practically holding a neon "I HATE THE TOWN" sign above his head, and 4maskwolf kept his vote off of scum because he wanted us to "be looking for scum who haven't spent some of their abilities, to take them out before they can use said abilities."

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 18, 2014, 02:50:52 pm »

Everyone:  Do you believe a role with a reusable revive AND the ability to make itself unactionable at night really 1) is a true claim 2) is town?

In response to 1), not unless they really needed it because of their win condition (or Webadict designed a role to screw with it.) In either case, I still can't see it as town.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 18, 2014, 03:18:10 pm »

Ah, but I'm just pressing points and pressing buttons.
I agree, I do need to prove what I say, but that doesn't mean that you should disregard what I say. That was my point and your illogicity.

This is where I got the notion... that you would kill people claiming to know something without explaining. And saying that if you were scum (which might be a tip-off to scum, theoretically) you would get rid of someone like me ASAP. :

As town, I'd like to use it to kill people who were certain that they knew somebody was scum for reasons unknown. Either they'd flip as non-town, in which case we could disregard their claim, or they'd flip as town and we'd be able to lynch a scum. As scum, I guess I'd kill people who claimed investigator, or those who might discover me- preferably towards the start of the day before they'd posted too much.

If I were scum and knew you weren't (aka you were probably telling the truth about knowing things) getting rid of you immediately would be logical, though! Anyway, I wasn't trying to convince people of anything- at the moment, I think if anybody has a gun they ought to point it at Flabort. If I was town vig, without context (as was the case in the hypothetical), those are the targets I'd try to aim at in general.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 18, 2014, 09:28:55 pm »

Sorry for being gone. I'm about to go over what I missed. In the meantime, here are some questions:

Cheeetar Who, besides me, do you hold the opinion of being the greatest threat to town? Why?

Nerjin What are your plans following this day? What do you see happening tomorrow?

Scripten How do you plan to prove that I'm not town? Can you produce concrete proof?

Jack A T How has your own play been so far, in your opinion? Do you believe there are any holes in your defense?

Toaster When you said that Cheeetar gets no credit for hammering a dangerous third party, does this imply that anyone else who suspected this third party gets credit? Does the suspicion I get for creating that situation override any credit I have so far?

TolyK I'd like to know as much as you can think of about my four suspects (above the divider). How scummy would you would rate each one?

Tiruin You seem to have gone silent. Is this a sign of RL troubles, or is there nothing for you to say?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Vote Count
« Reply #636 on: August 18, 2014, 09:37:27 pm »

Hopefully this is right. If not, let me know.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Cheeetar - IronyOwl, TolyK, flabort,
flabort - Cheeetar, Nerjin, Persus13, Scripten, Tiruin, notquitethere,
Imp -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
notquitethere -
Persus13 -
Scripten - Toaster,
Silthuri -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK - Jack A T,
Varee -

Not Voting - Imp, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Silthuri, Varee, 4maskwolf,

9 To Hammer. Day ends Wednesday 7 PMish CST.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 18, 2014, 10:05:30 pm »

Whoo boy did I ever miscount then. :P
I honestly though there were more votes on Cheeetar. Guess not.
Part way through answering Jack, still working on my post.
The Cyan Menace

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:53 pm »

Scripten How do you plan to prove that I'm not town? Can you produce concrete proof?

Nope, not any more proof than what you've presented for your case where I'm a third scum or some anti-town alignment. Why? Because I'm voting you alongside three of the other people you're suspecting. So, like I said ages ago, you're OMGUS-y anti-town/scum. You keep trying to get everyone to focus on people you're assigning rather than making direct accusations and following through. (You've done this twice now, off the top of my head.)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 18, 2014, 10:52:21 pm »

I'm super tired. Might have missed something or another.
@Flabort

I would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to provide evidence for your 'theories'.
I'm trying to, but when your clues are abstract differences in observed behavior, it's hard.
Also, when you don't ask a full question. Which theories are you refering to with this particular question?
The one that you are scum? Can't just make a collection of quotes in ten minutes to proove it. It would take hours to fully explain to YOUR satisfaction why you have to be scum.
OK, so it sounds like I'm being dodgy here. Promise you, tommorow I will spend some time tracking down where and when you feel off, building this proof.

Posturing (Verb): To position, especially strategically. To develop a policy or stance for (Oneself, a company, government, etc)
flabort: Not the definition intended.  The one intended is more like "(verb): 1. To assume an exaggerated or unnatural pose or mental attitude; attitudinize."
I see. Well, that makes sense. I can see how you thought I was doing that. However, I don't believe I was.

Why those specific groups? Because those are focuses that I specifically made sure weren't focused on earlier.
...but why those specific groups?  Explain why you selected each group.  Separate explanations for each group, please.
Tall order :P
Alright.
For a pre-note, each group was a mutual analysis to keep all members trustworthy in their analysis, for purposes of catching lies.

Yourself and 4mask have a mutual relationship of distancing. When 4mask answered about you, he said he invariably reads you as town; and as far as I've ever observed, you only ever find him to be mildly scummy. This was an experiment in seeing if I could get you two to give different reads on eachother for once.

Imp, Toaster, and Scripten are some of our most active players right now, with possibly the exception of Scripten. However, when I issolated everyone from eachother with my "lookit me I'm faking defending myself" act to atract votes, it split these three up. I would like the more active players to take a look at the more active players.
ALSO, for this trio, Scripten was my scum suspect. But he's a weaker player as far as I've seen. So getting him to analyze the same person analyzing him would be less effective (for this reason I SHOULD have included a third person with Varee and Nerjin); so I had him analyze a player I was less familiar with and had that player analyze the more familiar player, to keep them all trustworthy.

Varee and Nerjin President Stalin and Wreck it Ralph. The fox in the henhouse and the guy who quite possibly gave Tiruin her new "50% chance to lose an ability" ability. Name calling and reaction testing asside:
Actually, this pairing was mostly just a reaction test. Nerjin basically ignored how I asked Varee about fearing Nerjin. In fact, he also ignored the question directed at him, too. Varee also ignored the fear portion, and answered minimally.
I infer from this that Nerjin wants to avoid comenting on who is part of his scum team, yes or no; if he were town the question would have refered to if he thinks Varee is town or not; but his diening not to answer infers that he is part of a different team.

Cheeeetar and Persus Cheeetar is active and Persus is... when was persus last online?
This was a test of Cheeetar's reaction speed, sort of, to test if he was actively paying atention or if he was going to hide away from anything.
It was also a test to see if I could draw Persus out. I haven't seen him post since.
Honestly, I don't rightly remember everything about why I paired these two, but I know there was more. But since I forget why, the results beyond what I have are useless.

IO and MBP I knew that unless Irony had a really, really good reason to focus on someone, they would ignore that someone. Jiokuy/MBP has been mostly absent, with nothing to focus on. I wanted to see if I could encourage MBP to be more active, and to see if I could get Irony looking in more places then just where stuff was happening.

Everyone How would you use a day-kill as town? How would you use a day-kill as scum? Do you have the day-kill? Is it a one-shot or an auto that triggers on extend?
As town: If there were some person I 100% knew to be scum, I would daykill them.  Aside from that, the lynch target near the end of a day is reasonable if people haven't been setting up night action plans in thread.  However, to limit town use of daykills to being based on the collective claimed suspicions of the full player set is to limit them excessively.  Another approach I could take early in the game (and only early) is elimination of a major suspect, or (really early) a lurker.  All daykill decisions would be based on the situation at the time, and a single universal daykill plan for town me does not exist.
As scum: I could try to act like town me, or I could kill a dangerous townie, or I could save it for LYLO.  This all depends heavily on the situation at hand.
I do not have the daykill.

What does my deviation from TolyK's answer tell you about me?  What does NQT's deviation from TolyK's answer tell you about him?
Yours is probably the one with the most contingencies. However, it's pretty much the same answer as TolyL's, but with additions. I'm not surprised to see such an experienced player have a longer, more extensive strategy for using the kill to cover more situations.
NQT's deviation from the norm is alarming, but only on a personal level. It makes sense; it's more of a cavelier attitude, shoot first ask questions later consequences be damned, but it is still a legitimate town strategy. Just, less so.

Also, the first thing I did after being daykilled is declare the day-kill to be a scum ability, which may have scared whoever did it into not claiming.
Considering the overwhelming majority of players here have experience in BYORs, and should already know that daykills can easily be and have been town abilities, I doubt that this had much of an effect.
You say tomatoe, I say potato. You see a shadow, I see a Rorschach Test. Even if you're right and I didn't scare anyone off, I think that had some sort of effect somewhere.
For day 2? Day 3? Yeah, I know two anti-towns for sure, and am fairly confident about two more. So I intend to press all four and look for any more while I'm at it. As stated before, these four are Cheeetar, Nerjin, Jack, Scripten.
Oh, hey, the allegations again.  You keep on making these claims.   Back them up.   Or are they as lacking in substance as your assertions that your scumminess was really you manipulating everyone into not looking at each other and just focusing on you (which is totally in the interests of the town)?
It was a bad strategy to steal town's attention. I admit that now. I'm working to undo that now, and I'm still getting more results from it even now. For example, you, Jack, are not likely to believe a lie when told one, but equally likely not to believe the truth. Even if you are not who I believe you to be, you have a strong distrust of everything. Especially if you are not scum, even. And you are being a lot more trusting of Nerjin than I would expect you to be if either of you were town, honestly. Just subtle clues here and there that you could be questioning him more.

Everyone who is voting Flabort: Do you believe that Flabort does have a regenerating revive?

Nope!
Hmm. It does, I'm telling you. See below, reply to Toaster.

Flabort
NQT why would you use it on me? Is there anyone else you would use it on if I were an invalid target?
Who are your top suspects right now?
I already said: to make the best use of the day. To get some info from lynch target before we lynch them so the rest of the day can be spent using that info. Killing anyone would be helpful, there's too many living to get any kind of handle on alignments. I'll get back to you about suspects.
Right. So your style of analisis only starts to work when one team or the other starts to get a numerical advantage over the other.
Whereas the gambit style of analysis I've been using works right away but carries more risk. I think you should try to psychologically seperate people and see what happens when you put them back together some time; I think you'd be better at this then I am.
Basically, I disagree about there being too many people for good analisis.

Flabort:
Everyone How would you use a day-kill as town? How would you use a day-kill as scum? Do you have the day-kill? Is it a one-shot or an auto that triggers on extend?
I would kill those who I find incredibly suspicious, although this would die out when mistakes come at great cost . At this point, I'd use my kill sparingly. As scum, I would go with my usual scum tactic of either killing those whose deaths wouldn't cast suspicion on me in any way or killing those I deem the greatest threat. I don't have a day-kill. Would be interesting though.
I find it interesting how most players are assuming it's one-shot, but you assume you could use it over and over.
I don't have anything else to say about that yet at this time, though.

Flabort:
Toaster How has Scripten's play been? Where do you see it going, what is your opinion about it?

Did you catch where I voted him?  He's had a grand total of one post since then, and no, it didn't go anywhere of clearing my issues with him.  That said, I intend to go over his further posts in more depth, probably at the end of this post right here.  I'm still unimpressed with his play.
Yes, and I have to say, good job on spotting that he's full of bogus, and I like the use of the word regurgitated. However, your answer leaves me wanting more from you.
If they were town they would have claimed.
They were trying to appear town by using it as an extra lynch; however, having not claimed yet, I believe that they are trying to protect themselves from other members of the town; the possibility that they are hiding from scum instead exists but is a slim chance.

I dispute the first claim.  Why would they claim?
This is undoubtedly the most confusing bit. Assuming it was a one-shot, it's expended now. It can't be used to kill again, since it didn't trigger when the day extended this time. And since it's expended, there is no risk to the person who used to to take credit for it. I would assume that they wanted to take credit for it? No?
There's no risk to, and there's credit to be had. But that's probably not enough to satisfy your answer.
Assuming everyone believed I was scum at the time, and possibly still do (dat vote count), it would make them less suspicious themselves. And assuming that they're not you, Toaster, who has a reputation of never revealing anything (more widly applied to alignment), there aren't many people who'd have the restraint not to as town.

Personally, I suspect Nerjin of having the day kill, but I guess I could ask some more questions to make you happy.

Given he tried to act again, this is extremely unlikely.
He tried to put some words in bold. After the hammer.
His goal with that was to pretend to have an ability, but pretending to miss his opportunity to use it.
I find it doubtful that he actually has a vote reset ability unless it's tied to his day kill.

Probably as an extra lynch, much like it was (attempted to be) used.  As a LYLO breaker or to eliminate a claimed power role before they could screw us up; that or to reset votes at an opportune time.  Rolefishing.
OK, Toaster as second candidate for day kill if Nerjin flips and doesn't have it.
I still believe Nerjin has it.

Yes and Yes.
I will reveal the one piece of information regarding my role I have withheld until now:
My revive takes a whole cycle to recharge. As I was killed Day 1, I will get my revive back Night two. If I had been killed Night 1 instead, I would have my revive on the morning of Day 2.
I don't have it back yet! Yay! You may procede to lynch me over allowing you to believe I had it now. ::)

The revive is probably not as strong as you were assuming when you wrote that question, mate.

Nope, not any more proof than what you've presented for your case where I'm a third scum or some anti-town alignment. Why? Because I'm voting you alongside three of the other people you're suspecting. So, like I said ages ago, you're OMGUS-y anti-town/scum. You keep trying to get everyone to focus on people you're assigning rather than making direct accusations and following through. (You've done this twice now, off the top of my head.)
The OMGUS or the assigning of focus?
Because I don't remember how many times it could be percieved that I've done the former, but I've done the latter four times. Five if you include subtle manipulation within this very post.
I like mind games. Puzzles and mind games. Mafia is the perfect expresion of both. And I am playing the mind games like a Potato Occarina. Sure, maybe I shouldn't, but I am definitely enjoying them.

You may not be able to trust me, but I have been telling the truth and I am town. I just wanted to have fun with mind games, is all.
The Cyan Menace

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 18, 2014, 11:20:48 pm »

Imp, Toaster, and Scripten are some of our most active players right now, with possibly the exception of Scripten. However, when I issolated everyone from eachother with my "lookit me I'm faking defending myself" act to atract votes, it split these three up. I would like the more active players to take a look at the more active players.
ALSO, for this trio, Scripten was my scum suspect. But he's a weaker player as far as I've seen. So getting him to analyze the same person analyzing him would be less effective (for this reason I SHOULD have included a third person with Varee and Nerjin); so I had him analyze a player I was less familiar with and had that player analyze the more familiar player, to keep them all trustworthy.

Congratulations on trying to pass scum play as an act/gambit. You know, if it gets you lynched and you ARE town (Doubtful in my mind) you're not helping the town. Last time I remember you making a gambit, it only paid off because TolyK pulled it the rest of the way. Seems to me that, if you were town, you'd be working with the town like you had before. Meta sucks, but this is scummy as well as out-of-character. As it stands, I feel like your play is anti-town and self serving. Thus, either scum or anti-town third party.

Flabort:
Toaster How has Scripten's play been? Where do you see it going, what is your opinion about it?

Yes, and I have to say, good job on spotting that he's full of bogus, and I like the use of the word regurgitated. However, your answer leaves me wanting more from you.

Masterful buddying. Why don't you post some of your fantastic deductive results? Considering you haven't claimed any sort of inspection powers and say you've fullclaimed, this is a bunch of self-congratulatory BS. Toaster feels more town, or at least unaligned with you, because of this post, though.

The OMGUS or the assigning of focus?
Because I don't remember how many times it could be percieved that I've done the former, but I've done the latter four times. Five if you include subtle manipulation within this very post.
I like mind games. Puzzles and mind games. Mafia is the perfect expresion of both. And I am playing the mind games like a Potato Occarina. Sure, maybe I shouldn't, but I am definitely enjoying them.

You may not be able to trust me, but I have been telling the truth and I am town. I just wanted to have fun with mind games, is all.

OMGUS-ing. You're still doing it, this far into the second day, which is fairly telling. You set up a player to take the fall for you, dog them and everyone who votes you, and pray they're anti-town to clear yourself while you distract everyone by getting reads and reports all day. It's a little simple and I'm frankly amazed you expect us to fall for it. Also, seriously, are your palms getting hairy or is your vision fading lately?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 18, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »

Tiruin You seem to have gone silent. Is this a sign of RL troubles, or is there nothing for you to say?
RL has gone better (thanks Irony u_u) and I've been reading up, just finalizing my notes here! :O
Also why the lapse is more on 'o hey let's rush group works because :D' sort of deals -_-
Unvote

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 19, 2014, 12:02:38 am »

Yeh, back from work. For the first time in 5 week i got 2 consecutive day off. It's like a god damn dream. Now, to answer stuff.

MysteriousBluePuppet: Great to see you again.  If you had been in the position of Cheeetar or Shakerag at the end of Day 1, what would you have done?  What are your reads?  How, if at all, does Flabort's claimed Latvian Dream power play into your idea of how to deal with Flabort?

I'd probably have posted asking people not to vote. Like, 36pt NOBODY VOTE. The move is scummy, Basically put anybody up to get killed, shorten the day, nothing good to get out of it. In that case. Shakerag got killed, he was SK ally, everything went better than expected. Still, scummy move. 
Latvian dream aint a town role imo. You don't give a multiple revive to a townie. Possibly a 1 shot revive disguised to discourage another attack. As to how to handle it, I suppose a lynch would be the best thing. Flabort will probably earn my vote once i re-do a good reading, unless i get a new perspective on somebody else. Lynch don't often fail. It's town best weapon, after all.

Oh and thanks for your concern Flabort, i'll admit ive been msotly absent the last few days. The switch between work and college is incoming, and so scheduling is beign a bitch, Should be fine for next 2 days, at least.  Hopefully i'll be able to stay ahead rather than lagging behind on the reading. Shit's killing me.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 19, 2014, 03:50:07 am »

Tiruin, if it looks like the day might reach its end before you're able to completely finalise your notes, please do post what you've been able to discover- I don't see your case as particularly suspicious, but I am wary of the fact that scum can use delaying tactics for quite a while to great effect in order to avoid having to post too much potentially incriminating content.

Imp, Silthuri, Varee, 4maskwolf, what are your plans for voting this day; do you notice any people who seem suspicious?

Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 19, 2014, 04:07:25 am »

Cheeetar
Nerjin
Scripten
Jack A T
TolyK I'd like to know as much as you can think of about my four suspects (above the divider). How scummy would you would rate each one?
Jack AT: Very logical. Can't really say anything about him otherwise.
Scripten: I haven't seen enough of Scripten to gauge play.
Nerjin: Seems like a president (duh), like a mayor. Seemed like a third party, but that makes too many of them. Mixed read between town, third party and scum - mostly leaning on town, though.
Cheeetar: More or less scum read. Answered questions with hidden accusations embedded and seemed to want to shoot me (skepticism is fine, but that's a bit too far, I think).

Flabort: Neutral third party, pretending to be mass manipulating, which I find a bit silly.
Tiruin: Pretty sure she's town due to behavior and circumstances.
Toaster: Town due to circumstances.
Varee: Town due to behavior and circumstances. Except that I don't get why he isn't claiming something, but on the other hand he probably shouldn't.

Lynching Flabort is not out of the question, but possibly not the best lynch.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 123