Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241688 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #660 on: August 19, 2014, 09:27:01 am »

Well Mislynch is the best thing that mafia can wish for. I still believe I cannot be certain that my using my vote, I will further my wincon, I believe that I am doing what is best for me by not misplacing my vote.

An idle town is just about as good for scum. Right beside an idle town is a town afraid to use votes. (This is something that is greatly bothering me about the way Flabort used his multi-vote power: It can be seen as a scare tactic.)

Who would you be voting for if you weren't worried about using your vote, Varee?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 19, 2014, 09:48:45 am »

Slithuri
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 19, 2014, 09:51:47 am »

Err, Varee, bluetext = Finger of Suspicion. It only details who you suspect--useless without context (other than most likely letting someone else poke you on what is the context), and does not carry /that/ level of weight as a vote without any context.

Yeah, reading up, but slow net .-.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 19, 2014, 10:01:24 am »

Slithuri

...why are you afraid to vote someone who has absolutely no votes?

And why do you suspect Silthuri of being scum? Activity level?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:41 am »

Well Mislynch is the best thing that mafia can wish for. I still believe I cannot be certain that my using my vote, I will further my wincon, I believe that I am doing what is best for me by not misplacing my vote.
Yes, and town allow mislynched to happen when they don't press cases on actual scum. Why are you content to sit by and let scum mislynch?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 19, 2014, 10:17:32 am »

Well I dont have anyone in mind to vote really... Sithuri isnt any more suspicious than most other player actually but there just not much to go on for her.
Well I dont say that sitting and let other people vote will prevent mislynch. Am leaving that to the more potent player to make that decision.

I dont believe that flabort is scum as his day one move would be suicidal as a scum. I dont think playing that reckless will end well. I already tried that and everyone just pin the word scum on you(CYOM).

So If finding scum is the goal and finding scum is find who is lying , Why dont everyone just mass claim as that is one thing you can do to force certain people to lie.

Giving power to random people or a certain someone is definitely not scum hunting but something that got to be done have to be done.

So who do you people think is the most town right now?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 19, 2014, 10:22:54 am »

For all you know i could have been causing distraction and trying to get something to happen so why dont you just ignore me.......

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 19, 2014, 10:38:30 am »

Erm...I do understand the method of utilizing an action and the perspective of silence--that is done in most cases wherein the observer can get a feeling of a plan of the doer. There however, in my opinion, is lacking perspective in the form of context.

Yea, drop a finger of Suspicion on somehow--however leave not anything else for them to grab on, to utilize a metaphor, and you'll have curiosity at its peak.

For quite well everyone.

The term of 'distraction' could be taken wrongly in that scenario, but knowing you, I...doubt it.

And no. No ignores :V That's just rude.
Query, Varee: (also its real late here, good morning :p) What was behind your idea of FoS'ing without context?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 19, 2014, 10:40:16 am »

Well I dont have anyone in mind to vote really... Sithuri isnt any more suspicious than most other player actually but there just not much to go on for her.
Well I dont say that sitting and let other people vote will prevent mislynch. Am leaving that to the more potent player to make that decision.

Now, please don't take this the wrong way, but if this is your mindset, then what exactly is the point of you? I know you prefer to play during the night and you say you have a more solid night game, but if you aren't using all the tools given to you as town, then how are we supposed to consider you town? That is, if you aren't playing as a townsperson, you are essentially saying that you are not town, or at least don't want to play as town.

I dont believe that flabort is scum as his day one move would be suicidal as a scum. I dont think playing that reckless will end well. I already tried that and everyone just pin the word scum on you(CYOM).

Ehh... WIFOM. Acting anti-town is acting anti-town, whether you are scum or not.

So If finding scum is the goal and finding scum is find who is lying , Why dont everyone just mass claim as that is one thing you can do to force certain people to lie.

How so? You can't really tell an alignment from role powers in this game. I don't think a mass claim is necessary right now.

Giving power to random people or a certain someone is definitely not scum hunting but something that got to be done have to be done.

Why? What if you give power to scum?

Most town? Probably IronyOwl and Imp. Most everyone is null save for a few.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 19, 2014, 10:40:31 am »

@tiruin: am just and hour behind you :P

That fos was just answering to scripten,

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:22 am »

Most town? Probably IronyOwl and Imp. Most everyone is null save for a few.
What's your detailed viewpoint on Persus13 and I?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 19, 2014, 10:53:24 am »

I am just not making a case against anyone specifically, look like it is not working out. I actually enjoying the conversation we are having. I dont find them useless but some may find them less than useful. Am doing my job so be patient.

I am sitting here like a santa handing out gift. Not many poeple feel like their should get involve with my house discussion but am getting there.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 19, 2014, 11:26:19 am »

Varee:
Well Mislynch is the best thing that mafia can wish for.
This isn't true. The best thing the mafia could wish for is a No Lynch every day. Mafia is primarily a game of information, and the scum start off with the most amount of information. Every lynch gives town information, not just on what the lynched person's role was, but also on how they interacted with other players, who voted for the lynched player, and why people behaved the way they did. Lynching is often town's only weapon against the scumkill so use your vote or don't play.

I still believe I cannot be certain that my using my vote, I will further my wincon, I believe that I am doing what is best for me by not misplacing my vote.
That's because you've done nothing this game except babble on about houses. Do stuff to help change that instead. Ask questions. Prod about stuff you find odd.

But that more potent player could be scum. People like NQT or Toaster are good players, whether they are scum or town. They won't watch themselves, and need other people to do that for themselves.

This is a good start to formulating an opinion on someone. You think flabort is unlikely to be scum because he was reckless D1? So ask people who are voting flabort why they think that being reckless means flabort's scum.
Also: You cite CYOM as where you got lynched for doing something reckless, and everyone thought you were scum. What do you think this says about the alignment of people who normally do reckless stuff in Mafia? Look at all the responses to the question about people using daykills that said "If I had a daykill, I'd use it sparingly and on someone I was positive was scum"

The problem with this is that Scum powers often look like town powers, and they can conceal their powers pretty easily. Look at CYOM when everyone mass-claimed. The one remaining active Mafia player full-claimed completely all his actions, which caused him to seem pretty town. It was only a town player suddenly deciding to kill him that caused him to lose the game.

I'm glad you see it that way. Are you saying you're a third party and this house thing helps your wincon? Because this is what you sound like you are.

I think Tiruin is probably Town because of her play and her reporting losing her Miller auto.
Other than that, I can't really think of anyone. From what I've seen of Slithuri and Imp's pay, they have been playing well and seem pretty town to me. Oh, and Toaster is playing well, but then again, Toaster can be very good at being scum too.

Scripten:

Ehh... WIFOM. Acting anti-town is acting anti-town, whether you are scum or not.
Please define exactly how Flabort's behavior was anti-town. I have my own reasons, but I want to hear yours.

Tiruin:
Persus: Thanks for clarifying it back there--the misunderstanding >_< Will be completing my read in the next half-day.
Tiruin:
> I've lost my Miller ability (...yeah.)
That was me testing to make sure you weren't fakeclaiming scum. You passed. It also is completely gone, not stolen.
Could you explain the orange part? My intuition had a bad ping after I thought about this.
How did you test, and how did you check if the ability is gone?
I used an ability to destroy your Miller auto last night. I got no response from Webadict, which means it was successful. The next day you claimed you lost your Miller auto. If you were scum, you wouldn't have that, so you would likely wouldn't have said anything about it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 19, 2014, 01:01:01 pm »

Silthuri, by my count you made one case on Day 1 and have done bugger all of use today. Unless I'm missing something? Please point out a recent contribution you've made that brings us closer to lynching scum.
I haven't done shit today and you know it. I haven't made a single contribution this day until now. I'm having severe RL issues and still trying to play this game. Sorry if this is impeding your scumhunting because you feel the need to focus on little old me.
If its RL-school issues, I could help there.
Otherwise: *hugs a lot*
Yeah...will get notes soon x_x

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 19, 2014, 01:09:22 pm »

Scripten:
But you'd like to see me lynched for "not hunting well." When you ask questions like below?

Everyone:  Do you believe a role with a reusable revive AND the ability to make itself unactionable at night really 1) is a true claim 2) is town?

Quoting a question where I'm trying to prove a point and calling it bad hunting is pretty misleading.

That said, I'm having less issues with your play now, and am willing to back off for now.

Unvote Scripten.

Flabort:
Toaster When you said that Cheeetar gets no credit for hammering a dangerous third party, does this imply that anyone else who suspected this third party gets credit? Does the suspicion I get for creating that situation override any credit I have so far?

Not really.  Given that he was an independent actor (we have no reason to suspect that the SK even knew an ally existed nor do we know that Shakerag knew who the SK was), there's no associative tells to work with.  Additionally, scum wouldn't know if he was town or not.

As for you, all I can go by is your case on him.  From what I can tell, your biggest beef comes from the question in this post.  I really don't see a big deal with it.  I guess your case is based in reality, but that doesn't award you nearly enough points to override anything.  In fact, any credit for a case is wiped out by you merely asking if that covered for it.

Regarding claiming daykills:  Interestingly, a one-shot (day) kill is one of the things I'm more likely to claim unprompted- see Jack's BYOR.

Regarding the slight change of claim on your revive:  That pushes it slightly into the realm of plausible, though I'm still not convinced of its validity or your alignment.

Varee:
be patient NQT My vote is safest where it is right now.

Several people have already said this, but let me just agree that this is malarkey.

Slithuri

Seriously, there is zero reason this can't be a vote.

For all you know i could have been causing distraction and trying to get something to happen so why dont you just ignore me.......

Good point!

Varee.

Tiruin:
Unvote

Why did you unvote Flabort here?

Persus:
I used an ability to destroy your Miller auto last night. I got no response from Webadict, which means it was successful. The next day you claimed you lost your Miller auto. If you were scum, you wouldn't have that, so you would likely wouldn't have said anything about it.

Huh.  If that's true, then Tiruin is almost certainly not mafia and very likely town.

Who else do you suspect besides Flabort?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 123