Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 243747 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #750 on: August 22, 2014, 01:21:33 pm »

Okay, you got me.  I am a Survivor.

I am The Player of BYOR 13 to Whom the Rules Do Not Apply.  Apparently that means 1) I don't get actual actions 2) I don't care for the normal Town/Mafia alignment rules.  I was hoping for some sort of crazy outsider alignment, or a hilarious role that could edit posts and talk at night and such hilarity, but alas.

I have no actions to claim because I have no non-auto actions.

Alright. Why should we trust you to work toward the goals of the town? If the game ends with a mafia win, all you have to do is be in the subset of players left. Therefore, making easy lynches benefits your role and that makes you a liability. Can you explain how I'm wrong, if you think I am?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 22, 2014, 01:28:16 pm »

Okay, you got me.  I am a Survivor.
Yup.

Quote from: Toaster
I'm starting to believe TolyK's motives now, though his claiming methodology still baffles me.

TolyK:  What do you know of Varee?  Why did you give a percentage on Tiruin and Flabort when you hadn't inspected them for actual information?
My claiming methodology is insane, but it works. :D
I actually inspected Flabort through his hiding at your place. With actions copying. It was the only logical explanation to getting a double inspect result.
Tiruin has unknowingly confirmed herself as non-scum. Well, she knows now, but she couldn't have at the time.
Varee, who I thought I knew something about, is unknown now. I suspect he's not the SK you're looking for (see? how good that I've blown your cover!), though.

Scripten, as long as he's looking for an SK I'm fine with him living. You can't kill him now, anyways, because he must be double-killed.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 22, 2014, 01:33:19 pm »

Scripten, as long as he's looking for an SK I'm fine with him living. You can't kill him now, anyways, because he must be double-killed.

I'm aware of these points. I'm just curious about what Toaster thinks about his play in the later part of the game. Is he going to just become flotsam?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 22, 2014, 02:05:55 pm »

Scripten:
Alright. Why should we trust you to work toward the goals of the town? If the game ends with a mafia win, all you have to do is be in the subset of players left. Therefore, making easy lynches benefits your role and that makes you a liability. Can you explain how I'm wrong, if you think I am?

For now, nobody can win as long as that SK is alive.  It's in everyone's interest to eliminate him/her.

Beyond that, having a revive makes me more town-sided, since the typical "help us or we'll kill you" mentality of the Mafia toward survivors does not apply; they gain nothing by shooting me.

And no, I'm not going to just post "lol sup" every day to avoid a force replace after the SK is removed, if that's your question.  I'll still do up some work then.

TolyK:
Varee, who I thought I knew something about, is unknown now. I suspect he's not the SK you're looking for (see? how good that I've blown your cover!), though.

Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2014, 02:22:49 pm »

Went ahead and made a list of players.  It's mostly a list of claims, but I threw in some of my thoughts of a couple players as well.

Code: [Select]
4maskwolf:  Claimed roleblocker.  Claimed to be now a bodyguard.  Saw MBP's rolecop and an as-yet-unnamed tracker.  Said tracker tracked a player to TolyK.
TolyK:  Claimed cop.  Something possibly negative happened to whoever targeted him N2.
Mysteriousbluepuppet:  Claimed rolecop.  Targeted Toaster N2, saw [REDACTED]-ifier ability.
Nerjin:  Tried to pardon Shakerag.  From this, almost certainly not the person who daykilled Flabort.  Despite Shakerag being SK-Ally, probably not the SK because this would be a dangerously obvious use of a power.  Plus, a SK with a pardon?  Really?
Scripten:  Light hunting early on, has improved.
Tiruin:  Due to her miller and its removal, which was claimed by Persus (town), is almost certainly not Mafia.  Probably town, too.
Toaster:  Survivor.  Is grabbing the abilities that have been [REDACTED].
Varee:  It's day 3 and he hasn't used his vote yet.  Claimed to give out a house nightly; this hasn't happened yet.

Somebody is a tracker.
Somebody caused 4mask to see two other night results.

If a name isn't on the list, I haven't got anything on that player yet.  I left off Cheeetar's hammer because I'm not sure if it's really alignment-relevant; gut's saying no on that one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 22, 2014, 03:19:35 pm »

I've got no evidence he's not, it's a gut feeling, mostly.
Probably influenced by what happened N1.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 22, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »

There also a power stealer out there. One of my power was stolen last night
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 22, 2014, 07:07:20 pm »

Cheeetar:  The above lines should answer your question.  Can you confirm you were blocked N1?

I can confirm that I got the response of "One or more of your abilities has failed." on Night 1.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 22, 2014, 07:15:20 pm »

Persus:  Immunity to Shakerag.  Shakerag cannot action this person, including this person being unlynchable if Shakerag is voting him.

Why would Persus have this part of his role if all Shakerag had was autos? You're saying Shakerag's first auto was completely useless except as a buffer against Persus13?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 22, 2014, 09:35:44 pm »

I believe that the general theme of this game is power changes.  Powers being moved around, powers changing over time, powers being destroyed, powers being stolen, powers being given, etc.

Hey and both people that is trying to get me lynch is dead yeah!
Varee: Yes, let's all celebrate the deaths of townies that suspected you.  ...I assume that's what you're doing here (correct me if I'm wrong).
Scripten ask me about voting and scare tactic so I FoS slithuri, putting on some pressure trying to get a reply
A reasonless FoS is not exactly pressure.  At all.
Intentionally causing distraction to draw attention to me did not go as I hope it would.
What did you hope would happen?  Why did you try to do this?  Also, I still want your reads.  Who do you think is most likely to be scum, and why have you not been able to give that information for days?  Finally, what do you feel comfortable telling us about your power loss?

I've written this up before day time (just in case I survived!) because I am very aware of the fact that this was my fault and people will not be happy with me.
Cheeetar: Explain.

Jack A T, what does flabort's lynch tell you?
IronyOwl: It tells me that everything flabort did was intended to help the town somehow.  More importantly, that is a lynch that scum almost certainly would not have completely avoided.  Incredibly easy mislynch.  Probably a few anti-town players on the lynch.  I intend to go back through Day 2 later (probably during the weekend) and see who focused almost completely or completely on flabort, and who was just sort of on the lynch.

Jack A T:
Shakerag wasn't Town and needed to play to make Town lose, and it's annoying and challenging for us all to not to see roleflips.  But Shakerag's Sorry! power probably would have prevented some (or many) night deaths, notably N2 instead of losing both NQT and Persus, we would have only lost one of them.

There is mafia and (probably) at least one serial killer in play; unless the mafia converts there are at least two anti-town killing alignments/killing abilities.  The Sorry! auto would have slowed night deaths, and likely delayed or outright prevented all but one night death.  Any Town nightkills would have also been leashed, but we have reason to believe there's more than one non-Town killer out there, and alive. Shakerag alive put limits on the nightkills.
Imp: Knowing what we now know about Shakerag, how long do you think he should have been kept alive?  Considering every death with him alive is a death without the high-value roleflip information, do you believe the cumulative loss of information is outweighed by the value of players (quite likely including scum and/or third parties) kept alive?
Simultaneously, Shakerag could speak with the dead while still alive; granted he was not Town and any use he made of information from this would have not been intentionally for Town's benefit, but when we started to see multiple roleflips of 'Shakerag Did it (Town)' the pressure we put on Shakerag could have gotten information offered to us that Town could use, even if Shakerag offered it just to try and save his own neck for longer.
The pressure placed on Shakerag would likely get him to say a bunch of stuff, yes.  Said stuff would have been of limited (and quite possibly negative) value to the town.  Limited because dead townies tend to be careful around mediums (especially ones like Shakerag after a non-flip) and would likely have been careful about giving him information, because dead scum would have lied about their alignments and quite likely their powers, and because Shakerag could not be trusted to give us unfiltered information (he could, say, lie about inspection results to protect his SK).  That is to say, the stuff would have been of limited value due to being information from dubious sources filtered through a dubious (and, as we know now, malicious) source.  The high chance of harm to the town comes from the WIFOMiness of all information gained through this, the more direct damage caused by the inevitable misinformation that would come out, and the massive and distracting debate(s) over whether to trust anything Shakerag says dragging us away from scumhunting.

Would you have been willing to depend on what Shakerag would have said about the dead?
Furthermore, Shakerag's lynch was in place of a possible directly deadly to Town target.  Did you not consider these things when you declared Shakerag probably the best D1 lynch target?  Or why do you feel that hidden flips are that much worse than a limit on the rate of night kills + the lynch of someone who might have been an anti-Town killer or converter?
I considered those things.  In the early game, valuable information generally outweighs the life of a townie.  Information as valuable as flips, when coming along with the death of an anti-town entity and the prevention of a nightly random randomize, easily outweighs one or two lives that may or may not even be town.  Lynching Mafia without a flip, while good, leaves us without the information allowing people to make well-thought-out attempts to connect players (yes, people try to make such connections anyway without flips, but the results are usually quite poor).  Lynching the SK, while useful, does not immediately outweigh the importance of keeping death flips working. The "probably" was in my statement pretty much due to the chance of a cult leader.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 22, 2014, 09:54:34 pm »

NQT
Quote from: Varee on 22,August 2014, 07:07:34 pm[/size]Hey and both people that is trying to get me lynch is dead yeah!

[/color]Varee[/font][/size]: Yes, let's all celebrate the deaths of townies that suspected you.  ...I assume that's what you're doing here (correct me if I'm wrong).[/size]

[/size]Am being rather sarcastic if you havent notice.[/size]

[/color]Quote from: Varee on 20,August 2014, 08:27:15 pm
Intentionally causing distraction to draw attention to me did not go as I hope it would.

What did you hope would happen?  Why did you try to do this?  Also, I still want your reads.  Who do you think is most likely to be scum, and why have you not been able to give that information for days?  Finally, what do you feel comfortable telling us about your power loss?
[/font]

Reads are rather hard. I am not comfortable with doing them. I can talk about my power loss though. It a oneshot kill that ignore protect. it was stolen last night.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 22, 2014, 10:26:33 pm »

I've written this up before day time (just in case I survived!) because I am very aware of the fact that this was my fault and people will not be happy with me.
Cheeetar: Explain.

I led a lynch against a townie who thought I was scum. Now that he's a confirmed townie, I expected at least some people to immediately want to lynch me. I'm... pleasantly surprised?

Jack, who are your top scum picks apart from Varee?

Also: It probably would've been best to gut the SK rather than the SK-ally re: your opinion on best possible lynch. Were the SK out of the game, the SK-ally would instantly fail and thus leave the game, right? (I do think a Shakerag lynch was an incredibly lucky occurrence, though.)
I've played some mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 22, 2014, 10:51:37 pm »

I led a lynch against a townie who thought I was scum. Now that he's a confirmed townie, I expected at least some people to immediately want to lynch me. I'm... pleasantly surprised?
Cheeetar: Interesting.  Do you believe that leading a mislynch against someone who thinks the mislynch leader is scum is scummy enough to warrant an immediate lynch effort against the mislynch leader?  Enough to warrant a daykill?
Jack, who are your top scum picks apart from Varee?

Also: It probably would've been best to gut the SK rather than the SK-ally re: your opinion on best possible lynch. Were the SK out of the game, the SK-ally would instantly fail and thus leave the game, right?
On scumpicks: I'll be working on getting that together this weekend.
On SKs and their allies: The SK wincon does not explicitly require the SK to be alive, and Wuba has spoken before about how SKs should not need to be alive to win.  The SK-ally would be in a very bad situation, but I see no reason for an automatic loss when the SK (and by extension, the ally) can still win.

Varee: Apologies for the lack of quotes here.  I'm not dealing with the piles of tags.
Unmarked sarcasm is often hard to recognize in text.  Do be careful.
The fact that you made that remark is still interesting, and jokes can say a lot about their tellers in this game.  Why did you make that remark?  Do you feel happy that your attackers died?

As for your lack of reads, is there at least anyone you suspect of being scum of any sort?  If not, why not?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 22, 2014, 11:20:11 pm »

Varee: Apologies for the lack of quotes here.  I'm not dealing with the piles of tags.
Unmarked sarcasm is often hard to recognize in text.  Do be careful.
The fact that you made that remark is still interesting, and jokes can say a lot about their tellers in this game.  Why did you make that remark?  Do you feel happy that your attackers died?

As for your lack of reads, is there at least anyone you suspect of being scum of any sort?  If not, why not?
Well i thought it is better tyo point that out as if not it will bring suspision toward em anyway. I dont think that it will help me really though.
My suspision is on wolf He seem to be less than willing to play but his power seem a little more suspicious than he make it sound like. Someone that is stealing power is still out there so I think I might be looking for that guy.
oh and just to prove a point wolf
Toaster: do you think your power and affect the random target of my auto?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 22, 2014, 11:24:22 pm »

Webadict: Can we get a votecount, please?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 123