Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241388 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1260 on: September 08, 2014, 11:46:03 pm »

Had less time to read and post than i tought. so, Extend. I need it.

Who is confirmed town?  By my count, nobody.  Tiruin is extremely close, but third party is remotely possible.  TolyK I don't see any proof of confirmation at all.  Remember that "confirmed" is a very strong word in Mafia.

Nobody is confirmed town. This is not paranormal. The only person you can be sure is town is yourself when you get your role from wubbah. And even then. Saying that anybody is confirmed should be punishable. Suggesting it too.

Furthermore, My top 3 are Tiruin, Scipten, and Nerjin. Also, Toaster.

Basically. Tiruin i'm pretty sure is either scum or 3rd party. Don't believe me, i don't care.
Scripten poisoner, i can't understand how that would work. I've got strong SK viibes from this. You got a town ability that you can use to prime someone, and since he got 2 he can just do 1 kill a night or hell, prime then go on a rampage. That's like an extra strength arsonist.
Nerjin did protect a known third party against town wishes. Maybe mistake maybe bad will, still something you shouldn't do.

And I voted toaster since i'm unsure amongst the other 3, and a 3rd party lynch is better than a mislynch in my book. No offense Toasty.

Also Toaster, If you want to keep the panic rolling you can, but if they killed you yesterday i assume they would be capable tonight too. Wouldn't like to be in your shoes.
Why Nerjin?
Also your top suspects don't include Toaster...yet you vote him. Meaning: Your whole case against me now equals 'Unsure'?
Huh.

Scripten: You never explained why you were intending to prime people, if you were intending to prime people.

Since I'm town, I can use my ability in a lylo situation to leave us with only confirmed townies, if I play my cards right. (So far I haven't, it seems.) I haven't been relying on my powers alone to play the game. Exactly what am I expected to do to not be scumread for the ability set the mod gave me? If you feel that my role is too dangerous to keep around, then lynch me. I'll still win with the town. I'm defending myself only because a mislynch/nolynch would hurt the town.

I will admit, however, that having to defend my role is frustrating when I didn't design it myself.
What's the reason for the orange part being there?

Fine for unvoting MBP. Very glad to see you have some actual reads and scumhunting. Perhaps there are some questions you'd like to ask those people you view as suspicious so you can be more sure of their alignment?
How do you see MBP scumhunting?
Is he reactionary or being pro-active?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 08, 2014, 11:53:31 pm »

Tiruin: he's actually being suspicious of people (and not all of his reasons are related to their roles.) I don't want to tie the vote and cause a no lynch, so I'm untying it given that MBP is being slightly constructive. Definitely because he's being pressured to, but that might be necessary for some players regardless of their alignment due to playing style.

Should the day get extended I'll be able to get home and take another look at things so I can get a good read on the most likely scummy player.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 09, 2014, 12:02:27 am »

What's the reason for the orange part being there?

I was explicit about my alignment because my roles applications to a town player were called into question.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 09, 2014, 12:35:33 am »

Had less time to read and post than i tought. so, Extend. I need it.

Who is confirmed town?  By my count, nobody.  Tiruin is extremely close, but third party is remotely possible.  TolyK I don't see any proof of confirmation at all.  Remember that "confirmed" is a very strong word in Mafia.

Nobody is confirmed town. This is not paranormal. The only person you can be sure is town is yourself when you get your role from wubbah. And even then. Saying that anybody is confirmed should be punishable. Suggesting it too.

Furthermore, My top 3 are Tiruin, Scipten, and Nerjin. Also, Toaster.

Basically. Tiruin i'm pretty sure is either scum or 3rd party. Don't believe me, i don't care.
Scripten poisoner, i can't understand how that would work. I've got strong SK viibes from this. You got a town ability that you can use to prime someone, and since he got 2 he can just do 1 kill a night or hell, prime then go on a rampage. That's like an extra strength arsonist.
Nerjin did protect a known third party against town wishes. Maybe mistake maybe bad will, still something you shouldn't do.

And I voted toaster since i'm unsure amongst the other 3, and a 3rd party lynch is better than a mislynch in my book. No offense Toasty.

Also Toaster, If you want to keep the panic rolling you can, but if they killed you yesterday i assume they would be capable tonight too. Wouldn't like to be in your shoes.
Why Nerjin?
Also your top suspects don't include Toaster...yet you vote him. Meaning: Your whole case against me now equals 'Unsure'?
Huh.
On 'why Nerjin' being "Why exactly does that make him a suspect? His reasons are detailed and outlined before your post, and show why he chose to utilize his Pardon on Toaster--the exact same effect came out anyway in the night as an aside."

Also I don't think you answered my queries as to how you perceive 'Role Abilities == Alignment of the person' here. Please do answer when able :o

Votecount please Web?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 09, 2014, 12:41:42 am »

TolyK:
I'd be fine with lynching me if that confirms what I said.
But you haven't said anything, except that Jack is town.

And you all seem to forget that I confirmed Toaster as survivor and made him talk, which would be extremely unlikely otherwise.
What do you mean "otherwise?" How is outing and then controlling a third party not also scum behavior? It even worked! You were one of three people allowed to act last night, well done.

MBP:

If you think he's likely to be NK'd anyway, why vote for him? Surely a town mislynch is better than doing scum's first pick for free and letting them spend their kill getting their second choice as well.

Cheeetar:
Tiruin: he's actually being suspicious of people (and not all of his reasons are related to their roles.)
Pretty close. Tiruin because the block/combo is too strong, Scripten because being an arsonist+ is too strong, Nerjin because he pardoned Toaster.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 09, 2014, 01:01:45 am »

Irony: I meant that I am a confirmed investigator, not town.
Jack is very likely confirmed town, even if I am scum (trying to get his sympathy by putting him as town :p).

Extension to finalize crap would be good. Please extend.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 09, 2014, 02:06:38 am »

Irony: I meant that I am a confirmed investigator, not town.
Jack is very likely confirmed town, even if I am scum (trying to get his sympathy by putting him as town :p).
Oh. Yeah, unless scumbuddies but that'd probably be overelaborate. Although you are claiming to have now lost your original investigator ability, or something? Could you summarize your claim so far?

And yeah, that'd be my first guess, but you could be scumbuddies. If your ploy works, you're both less suspected while no townies get a pass and no third parties risk getting a pass while ruining everything. If your ploy fails, suspecting Jack for it is WIFOM so he's probably somewhere between better and not much worse off.

Extension to finalize crap would be good. Please extend.
I'm counting... seven extension votes, I think? I think we got it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 09, 2014, 02:20:58 am »

Ok, that works. I'm at a lecture so a quickie.

Initial role: Investigate, Randomize, Filler Ability + unclaimed

N1: Inspect Toaster, got "town" "neutral" (action happened twice), lost Filler ability
N2: Inspect NQT, got town. Gained one-shot kill.
N3: Inspect Jack, got town. Inspect turned into ability-or-rolename cop (possible power or own role gag).
I also have an unclaimed one-shot that is helpful near lylo.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 09, 2014, 02:26:22 am »

N1: Inspect Toaster, got "town" "neutral" (action happened twice)
Do you know why it fired twice? Do you mean it hit him twice and delivered a different result each time? That sounds less like "third party" and more like "shenanigans," if so.

N3: Inspect Jack, got town. Inspect turned into ability-or-rolename cop (possible power or own role gag).
So you don't understand why your ability was altered? Have you tried confirming with wuba?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 09, 2014, 02:29:08 am »

PFP

Irony: IIRC flabort actioned Toaster N1 so all actions on Toaster got copied to him.

Extend
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 09, 2014, 02:51:46 am »

Yes, it was Flabort's hide-behind-Toaster that made that happen. And misinformed me. :/

I'll confirm when I have the chance.

And don't worry about me, vector algebra is easy.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 09, 2014, 07:07:40 am »

Get well soon, Tiruin!

Suspicious people:

TolyK: The more he types, the less inclined I am to believe he's an investigator. All of the stuff he's claimed (that person is definitely not scum, guys) has been pretty easy to claim as a scum, and the fact that he only explained why after they were dead for a few was suspicious, along with the generally reasonless way he acts. The only thing that's been on target so far has been pinning Toaster as a third party- and this was after Toaster'd already been rolecopped and somebody was likely going to expose him for stealing powers from corpses.
Toly K: You're 'okay' with being lynched. Let's say you're lynched and flip as town- how does this help us, beyond knowing that Jack is town and Toaster is third party?

MysteriousBluePuppet: Not sure if the scumminess is playing style or the fact that he's scum. Really needs to push his cases. You can't just say 'this is scummy' or 'you are scum' by itself- you need to investigate! Question people constructively- search for the answer to your suspicions.

Scripten: Attempted to prime people day 2 and 3 with little explanation as to why. I'd like to see the explanation for why you acted this way, Scripten- I don't specifically think your role condemns you to being scum, but the way you've been using it is strange to me. Why not just block everybody once so you can later prime two people per night? That way you would only target people late game anyway, at a stage in which you have much more information.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 09, 2014, 07:57:43 am »

Everything is possible. A Mafiakill cannot be directly stolen by abilities that target actions, since the Mafiakill is a group ability. If you want a more specific answer, please be more specific.

Would it be possible to remove the mafia kill from play completely with the use of an ability (without killing the mafia members)?
Everything is possible.

Let me know if anything's wrong.

Vote Count
------------------------
Cheeetar -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Nerjin,
Nerjin -
Scripten - Tiruin, TheWetSheep,
Silthuri - TolyK,
Tiruin -
TheWetSheep - Jack A T,
Toaster - Mysteriousbluepuppet,
TolyK - IronyOwl,
Urist Imiknorris -

Not Voting - Toaster, Silthuri, Scripten, Urist Imiknorris, Cheeetar,

7 to Hammer. Day ends Wednesday 9 PMish CST (Approximately 36 hours from this post.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 09, 2014, 08:05:45 am »

Did the extend push through? Also thanks all for the well wishes! :)

Unvote by the way. Thinking this through.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 09, 2014, 10:27:29 am »

Scripten:
For nights 1 and 2, I tried to choose people who looked fairly scummy or anti-town. Flabort and Toaster fit the bill, and I was suspicious enough of P13 to aim at him. Last night, I didn't think my ability would work at all (I was told that one or both of my primes failed, so I'm fairly certain it didn't work.) so I chose a player that I have a null read on atm.
You tried to prime Jack N3 because you had a null read on him? Why on earth would a townie try to prime someone they had a null read on, as opposed to someone they had a scum read on?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 123