Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 238078 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1320 on: September 11, 2014, 09:31:04 pm »

Cheeetar:
So I've been reading back a bit, and I notice nobody at all has really made any big deal out of Urist Imiknoriss being able to lose his panic so quickly. I'm worried here that he's not the only one who did. What do you think the chances are that that nightkill's likely to be used again, Toaster?

Er... did I miss that?  I didn't see him saying that.  And I don't know; I'll just have to wait and see.

Sheep:
Day will be ending any time, right? And we're heading into a tie(2 for TolyK, 2 for Scripten). Scripten's post seems very transparent and genuine, and I'm having second thoughts. I'll go with TolyK, who's been suspicious for a while, to avoid a tie.

While I wouldn't really mind seeing either of them hang, I'd rather do Scripten first.  I'm not going to force a tie over the issue, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 11, 2014, 09:55:25 pm »

Cheeetar:
So I've been reading back a bit, and I notice nobody at all has really made any big deal out of Urist Imiknoriss being able to lose his panic so quickly. I'm worried here that he's not the only one who did. What do you think the chances are that that nightkill's likely to be used again, Toaster?

Er... did I miss that?  I didn't see him saying that.  And I don't know; I'll just have to wait and see.

Yep! Lots of people seem to have missed it.

D3 I reverted from Dog state to Puppy state, ridding myself of Panic.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 11, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »

Oh.  Huh.  Hm.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:53 pm »

So UI, why did MBP claim a different ability name than the one you gave?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 11, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »

Jack:
My vote holds, though, primarily for one reason.
Why is the Imp stuff less of an issue now?
TheWetSheep: It's not that the Imp stuff is less of an issue now.  It's that the brazen deflection is much more of an issue, and keeps my vote on you instead of Scripten.
Why do you feel the need to deflect?  What makes you so scared of my vote that you feel the need to not only defend yourself, but push me towards a bunch of other players?
I was pointing out a flaw in your argument. I was not telling you to go vote those people.
Yes, yes, the horrible flaw that was me going after you instead of Nerjin, TolyK, or a non-voter.  The horrible flaw in my argument being that if much of my case was to be ignored and one single part was to be treated as my entire case, I should have been going after people you believed that single part of my case fit better than you.

So, I ask again: why did you feel the need to deflect?

Scripten: Alright.  Please answer these questions:
Would it be correct to say that your plan was basically to prime all the likely long-lived players so you could zap a bunch at the end if you felt it was necessary?  Also, even ignoring the priming part, why did you feel so comfortable with blocking a skilled non-suspect?

'splained. I hope.
TolyK: No, it really isn't.  A bunch of numbers mean little without a good explanation of how you came up with those numbers (and no, "taken more or less from the sky" is not a good explanation).

So UI, why did MBP claim a different ability name than the one you gave?
Toaster: Can you remind me where this was?

Jack A T is nonexistant, wich is a shame.
MBP: I'm back now.  Still in the poor mental/emotional state I was in that got me to drop out of the game, but I found the guilt tied to dropping out wasn't helping me.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 11, 2014, 10:42:33 pm »

My auto is Cute.
My other auto is Dog Years.
As a night action I can Play With someone, blocking them.

Dog (granted morning of D3):
My Auto is Circle of Life.
As a night action I can be someone's Best Friend,
Once, as a night action, I can invoke All Dogs Go To Heaven.

And i confirm the Puppy dog eyes from Urist

Right here.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 11, 2014, 10:46:07 pm »

THe name of the ability is Cute, Toaster.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 11, 2014, 10:46:34 pm »

I said that without re-checking the PM, but it's that.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 11, 2014, 10:47:29 pm »

Oh and third time the charm, welcome back Jack. Highs and lows, gotta roll with flow.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 11, 2014, 11:49:31 pm »

Re: All questions about my numbers:
I actually did goof, since Nerjin was also a mixed read, he should've started out at the "average" level. However I still maintain that it makes the other three scummier than average.

The actual numbers themselves aren't as important as their relative order. But since I'm about to be lynched anyways, if anyone wants I can explain after the game is finished (or in deadchat hahaha).

My one request is to unblock me for today, so that I could still be useful today (I have a day action!).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 12, 2014, 12:16:39 am »

Unvote. Don't feel comfortable with my malaise vote at the moment, and I think we're tied at two votes apiece anyway.

I will hopefully at some point do things.

Toaster, Silthuri, Scripten, Cheeetar, Tolyk: Day's ending and you're not voting. Are you as braindead as I am or what? Are you fine with a 2-vote Scripten lynch?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 12, 2014, 12:21:57 am »

No- I'm not. I don't have a better suggestion though- absolutely not thinking too well right now. I think Scripten has picked his night actions poorly, but he was also completely upfront about them. I'd rather a no lynch than a 2 person lynch on Scripten.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 12, 2014, 12:59:49 am »

I'd agree with a no lynch, as I don't feel comfortable voting Scripten, or anyone, at the moment.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:36 am »

Toaster, Silthuri, Scripten, Cheeetar, Tolyk: Day's ending and you're not voting. Are you as braindead as I am or what? Are you fine with a 2-vote Scripten lynch?
Braindead seems like the correct term.  :P

Scripten claimed arsonist or something similar, didn't he? I haven't read much yet, but that doesn't seem like something we want hanging around. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 12, 2014, 09:05:10 am »

No lynches don't help anyone but mafia. We gain information if someone is lynched. If no one is lynched scum get a free day kill and we come right back to where we are now. DO NOT NO LYNCH!!!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 123