Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 241714 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 5: Cruel Irony
« Reply #1395 on: September 16, 2014, 10:14:01 am »

It was early-early in the morning for me (day end) so I didn't have much to do. Tiredness because I acted illogically.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 16, 2014, 10:26:30 am »

Tiruin:  Is there anything in your role that could have caused MBP to hit the wrong target?

MBP:  Is there anything in your role that could have caused you to hit the wrong target?
If the answer to both those questions is no, it means there's at least one scum among the unblocked players(and very possibly two). Was anyone else unblocked, other than MBP, Tiruin and UI?

I only let MBP through.  Tiruin never had it, and UI fixed himself.  Anyone else is avoiding it.

Toaster: Your probability control thing can't be blocked?

It appears not since MBP and TolyK matched up what I said, and no one else is claiming getting through.

So... Neither MBP nor Tiruin claim any ability that could deflect the inspect.  Assuming neither are lying, that leads to three conclusions:

1)  Someone bypassed the lockdown and targeted MBP.
2)  Someone bypassed the lockdown and mass-redirected.
3)  Some sort of automatic ability redirected MBP.  (See Shakerag's flip for an example)

I rather doubt it's case 1.  Why would someone bypass the lock to target one person who may or may not even be acting?

The issue with 3 is that it'd mean two people have an identical ability.  This isn't impossible, but it'd be really odd.

Now 2 has potential.  For example, why was Irony killed?  Assuming the kill from both of the last two nights are scum-based, why not kill me when they had the chance?  A mass redirect would explain that as well.

Back to the original possibilities, I do not doubt that MBP has an ability cop action.  He called my ability (name included) and 4mask/UI saw this.  Therefore, I believe that SOMEONE has that ability, as he claimed.

Tiruin... now Tiruin could be lying.  The problem is I don't see as to what benefit.  I can't think of a reason Tiruin would be lying about having a randomize, since it's not a terribly scummy ability.

Am I missing anything here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 16, 2014, 03:05:59 pm »

Wait- are you saying Tiruin redirected the lynch, MBP?

Why did you vote Tiruin here while asking a question to MBP who we already know is useless when it comes to anything concerning Tiruin due to bias and crappy scum-hunting.

I thought it was one of those moments in a crime procedural where the main detective uncovers one clue almost by coincidence and suddenly all the pieces come together- if Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course! - this was silly of me. MBP clarified that what he meant was nothing like what I read from his post, anyway.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 16, 2014, 03:08:36 pm »

Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Sigged.

Toaster: You're missing Jack and Silthuri's claims, as they haven't posted yet.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 16, 2014, 03:20:30 pm »

This is not an auto- it requires an action.

Toaster, didn't you claim only being able to take autos?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 16, 2014, 03:21:28 pm »

Sigged.

Aw. Thanks :D
I've played some mafia.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 16, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »

Blatant buddying there Cheetar

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 16, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »

Before you people get the pitchfork that was a joke.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 16, 2014, 03:42:01 pm »

Cheeetar:
This is not an auto- it requires an action.

Toaster, didn't you claim only being able to take autos?

No.  I had just only taken autos until the Scripten lynch.  I theorized that, but it was never stated fact.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 16, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

Aye, re-reading my messages it doesn't specify auto's.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 16, 2014, 03:54:29 pm »

Toaster, you had only taken autos prior to last night? Including the 'this auto does nothing' auto from Shakerag and the 'this auto prevents you from being targeted by Shakerag' auto from Persus13?
I've played some mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 16, 2014, 03:59:42 pm »

Yep.  To be fair, Varee's auto had a targetable component that did count as a free action, but it was still listed as (Auto) and not (Auto/Night) or (Auto/X-Action) or (Auto/anything).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 16, 2014, 05:32:28 pm »

MBP: You could do well with answering my question, or at least acknowledging it.

PFP

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:36 pm »

On the MBP/Tiruin issue: This may have something to do with whatever caused my Varee-->Tiruin transfer to be changed to Varee-->TolyK (possibly some sort of long-term randomizing thing).

Toaster: You're missing Jack and Silthuri's claims, as they haven't posted yet.
Urist Imiknorris: My action, a power transfer from TolyK to Tiruin, failed.

MBP: So, who do you suspect now?

TolyK: Did you not consider the standard player reaction to those who do last minute self-saving silliness?

I'm tired of us charging after every high-profile twit we see.  That approach has gotten us absolutely nowhere, and our ever-growing line of dead twits (flabort, Varee, and secondary suspect Scripten) is town.  And our major secondary suspects each day?  High-profile twits like Varee or MBP, or people who made high-profile poor moves like Scripten.

We're at 10 players out of 17, and we're burning through townies.  What we're doing is not working.  We are failing.

Everyone: Who is your top non-TolyK, non-MBP suspect and why?

I can tell you mine: TheWetSheep.

Let's begin with his predecessor, Imp.  I made a case against her back on day 3.  Essentially, although active and questioning broadly, she had had only two vote targets for the entire game.  They, of course, were the ridiculously easy targets: Varee and flabort.  The latter she voted for at the end of day 2, and did so in a half-hearted way.  Her questioning, while looking good, didn't help find scum.  And then there's one rather off-putting reason for her flabort vote:
Yes, I was panicking too. Somewhat. You don't gather ~5 votes, get daykilled, and then get the only votes so far back on you and not panic about that; someone wants you dead, and that someone is very determined. I want to be alive long enough to learn who.
That doesn't sound or feel like a new player playing Town.  Furthermore he's made a claim of being very, very familiar with hammers.  So he also knows he doesn't 'need to be alive' to learn anything; we learn everything when the game is over no matter when we die.
Yes, this is Imp attacking flabort for saying he wanted to be alive long enough to learn who tried to kill him, using the post-game reveal to say that he'll learn anyway whether alive or dead.  There were a lot of valid reasons to attack flabort.  This is not among them.  It is a contrived reason, dependent on an unrealistically literal reading of flabort's statement; it is dependent on an assumption that flabort had no interest in dealing with the person(s) who wanted him dead and cared only about learning who they were.  The assumption is, of course, not supported by flabort's actions, including his repeated assertions that one of his reasons for attacking Nerjin was a belief that Nerjin was the daykiller.
Unfortunately, Imp disappeared before she could respond.  TheWetSheep replaced her.

So, on Day 4, I vote TheWetSheep both for the Imp stuff and for poor play, including a bare-bones TolyK vote.  His play does improve, but his reaction to my vote is quite the reaction:
I can't address your issues with Imp, but would you say I'm the lowest on content today? Many people haven't even voted, and TolyK's and Nerjin's votes are similarly low-content and low-pressure. I realize this doesn't mean I'm less guilty of it, but why are you focusing on only me?
He deflected, and did so badly.  He focused on a single aspect of my case and shoved me at other targets.  When I called him out on his deflection, he claimed he was just pointing out a flaw in my argument.  My response:
I was pointing out a flaw in your argument. I was not telling you to go vote those people.
Yes, yes, the horrible flaw that was me going after you instead of Nerjin, TolyK, or a non-voter.  The horrible flaw in my argument being that if much of my case was to be ignored and one single part was to be treated as my entire case, I should have been going after people you believed that single part of my case fit better than you.

So, I ask again: why did you feel the need to deflect?
He has yet to respond to my last attack.

TheWetSheep's response to my vote was panicky deflection, and his predecessor spent her time coasting through the game with little in the way of suspicions.  I believe TheWetSheep is most likely scum.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 16, 2014, 10:17:46 pm »

Everyone: Who is your top non-TolyK, non-MBP suspect and why?

Toaster. He's been taking an incredibly active role in the game for a supposedly survival oriented third party, and I still don't entirely believe him about Shakerag/Persus13's autos. One of them could be true, but both of them being true just seems strange.

PFP.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 123