Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 240811 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 6: All Hail Nerjin?
« Reply #1635 on: September 23, 2014, 11:24:27 am »

Tiruin:
UI: Do you have any idea on what the Labrador God does? Also it seems you reverted this morning? o_O
No clue, and yesterday, respectively.

Cheeetar:
I'm most suspicious of Silthuri for the survivor counterclaim, and UI for his general conduct and 'forgetting' to protect the confirmed town, as well as replacing the generally shaky 4maskwolf. I'm definitely understanding TWS as the third member of their scumgroup though, especially due to the unexplained ability to vote.
I still recommend lynching TWS. Also, your cases require support:

-What makes Silthuri's claim scummy, and what makes it scummy in a 'mafia' way instead of a 'third party' way?
-Define my general conduct. I'm also not the only one who forgot Jack was confirmed, but you actively don't care about that.
-Is there anything else about TWS that's scummy to you?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 23, 2014, 12:23:22 pm »

Since there's confusion, here's my full claim in one place:

The Player of BYOR13 to Whom the Rules Do Not Apply, Survivor

Starting game abilities:
(Auto) Whenever a player dies, I get one of their abilities and make it flip as [REDACTED].  Also, I die if I lose this ability.
(Auto) I am immune to autos if I don't action. I can't gain abilities except through the above ability.

I haven't taken a single action all game.

Ability gains:

D1 (Shakerag):  (Auto) Does nothing, but is lost first if something makes me lose an ability.
D2 (Flabort):  (Auto) His revive, as he claimed it.
N2 (NQT): (Auto) Can control random effects, to a point.
N2 (Persus): (Auto) Immunity to Shakerag
D3: (Auto) Panicked
D3 (Varee):  (Auto) His building action, as claimed.  I've always forced this to go to me, and I don't gain anything from it.
D4 (Scripten):  (Night) Force egged players (primed by double-tap with his ability) to guard me.  Useless since there aren't any (AFAIK)
N4 (IronyOwl): (Night) Track
D5 (TolyK): His ability trumps mine and stuck me with (Auto) Filller.  Pointless since I can force it to not affect me.
N5 (Jack): (Night) Player1 must give an ability to Player2.

I have gotten several things, but the only really useful things are the random control and the revive.

So who is scum?  I think we can safely say that no more than one scum can currently vote, so among Nerjin, Cheeetar, and TheWetSheep no more than one is scum.  That means among the rest:

Silthuri, Urist Imiknorris, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Tiruin

...there are at least two scum.  Noteworthy is that two of these are unaffected by Panicked.  MBP has been confirmed to be at least acting in a non-Mafiakill fashion.  Silthuri... possibly SK, possibly Survivor.

My gut's telling me UI and Tiruin, but I don't have much to back it up besides the above-written process of elimination. 

What of the other three?  Nerjin was awfully jumpy to vote MBP in such a tight-hammer situation, but I'm really not sure what to make of that.  Cheeetar had his quickhammer of Shakerag, but I don't consider that strong evidence either way. 

Ehhhhh it's probably TWS; though his *claimed* action pattern doesn't really match with a likely scum one, how many of those actions of his can be verified?

Calling it now: scum is TWS, Tiruin, and UI.

Note to Tiruin:  Given that I neither have a vote nor do I have a dog in this fight (reminder: look at my alignment) no, I'm not going to go into detail on why I think you're scum.  It's a cross between gut and process of elimination.

Also I'm assuming three scum instead of four because the game is still going on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 23, 2014, 04:02:23 pm »

Also I'm assuming three scum instead of four because the game is still going on.
Are you forgetting your alignment or...?
Because the SK is still present.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 23, 2014, 04:09:49 pm »

D5 (TolyK): His ability trumps mine and stuck me with (Auto) Filller.  Pointless since I can force it to not affect me.
And how does it trump yours, Toaster?
Given that your sole action is IO's Track, I find it weird that you aren't using it at all ever since you gained it.
And you've got Scripten's action too.

Primarily, I'm curious about why this is a valid occurrence when the only thing it does is belay autos from getting to you--next thing, it's strange. 'You' personally? Maybe not, but it helps quite well everyone else around you.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 23, 2014, 04:42:50 pm »

We havent got a SK kill in a while now. Unless he is an arsonist, i dunno what to make of it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 23, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »

Calling it now: scum is TWS, Tiruin, and UI.

Error on line 7: Cheeetar.align must equal Tiruin.align

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 23, 2014, 05:56:30 pm »

I suspect Silthuri to be the SK--even if she isn't, that's debatable for tomorrow.

Cheeet; TWS = Lynch, and you act Toaster back to himself. How's that for you?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 23, 2014, 05:59:28 pm »

Also kill analysis, presuming the SK being the intervening variable and the Mafia FK being a constant:
N1 - No K
N2 - Both//Scum Doublekill(?)
N3 - Probably no SK Kill; Toaster dies here and Revives
N4 - No SK(?)
N5 - No SK(?)

Checking the OP links anyway.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 23, 2014, 06:40:03 pm »

Don't hammer anybody without giving them a chance to respond.

MBP:
That sounds like quite the cop out, considering you got a kill, targeted the guy that got killed, and have an ability that force you to switch..
How do you want me to respond to this?

Cheeetar:
TWS: It's good to see that you actually tried to protect Jack last night. Who do you think the most scummy people are? Why do you have a vote?
MBP has been acting with blatant-jester levels of scumminess for a lot of the game... but I don't actually think he's scum.

Nerjin's use of a kingmaker ability is suspect - he would have to be supremely confident in his own abilites over other peoples, and since he was willing to give scum an easy hammer on MBP based on emotion, that doesn't really add up.

One of the survivors is probably lying, and Toaster's been confirmed neutral. I don't feel like Toaster's actions line up with a SK's motive, so Silthuri looks like scum.

Cheeetar's claim dribbled out over a series of posts(starting here), which he should know not to do by now.

UI's attack on Nerjin gave me a gut feeling of him being opportunistic scum jumping on an easy target, and his action claim last night was suspect.

Who do I think the scum are? 3 of: Silthuri, UI, Cheeetar, Nerjin. Cheeetar and Nerjin cannot both be scum, so I guess it must be Silthuri and UI and either one of them. The other is probably the SK, or it could be Toaster. If there's anything missing in my logic, tell me.

The urge to hammer you so we lose and you're proved wrong is so god damn strong, MBP. If I didn't want everyone else to lose because of how I felt about you, I would do it.
How do you know lynching MBP would make you lose?

Actually, since it's a kingmaker scenario with an SK around, it's possible for there to be four.

Nerjin: Why did you decide to do Martial Law today? Could you have allowed others to vote if you had wanted to?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 23, 2014, 08:24:47 pm »

UI:
Error on line 7: Cheeetar.align must equal Tiruin.align

While Cheeetar wins with Tiruin, that doesn't mean Cheeetar *knows* what Tiruin's alignment is.  Therefore, they're not exactly equal.

Tiruin:
And how does it trump yours, Toaster?

All I know is that it does.  It's quite self-evident, given the description of the ability, what I got, and that TolyK is the sole person to not flip with a [REDACTED].

TWS:
Actually, since it's a kingmaker scenario with an SK around, it's possible for there to be four.

If I'm right that Tiruin is scum and Cheeetar is brothered to her, then the count would make sense.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 23, 2014, 08:45:00 pm »

What do you make of Tiruin's Miller ability then?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 23, 2014, 08:46:50 pm »

............Bloody hell I forgot about that.  Uh.... that makes it UI, MBP, and TWS.  Maybe.  Could be Cheeetar lying about his brotherhood (kinda low odds); do we have any independent confirmation of that?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 23, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »

Cheeet; TWS = Lynch, and you act Toaster back to himself. How's that for you?

I redirected Toaster to himself last night, and it seemingly did nothing. Are you sure you'd like me to do it again this night?

-What makes Silthuri's claim scummy, and what makes it scummy in a 'mafia' way instead of a 'third party' way?
-Define my general conduct. I'm also not the only one who forgot Jack was confirmed, but you actively don't care about that.
-Is there anything else about TWS that's scummy to you?

Apart from what I already said:
-Silthuri's claim was scummy in that if she's survivor, she shoulda counterclaimed Toaster claiming it (because Toaster would almost definitely be scum/sk, and sk is pretty much the only alignment she can't win with.)
-Your general conduct has been pretty convincing, but I'm worried about your claimed night actions and Jack's suspicion of you.
-TWS has been generally one of the less active players recently, and also Jack was suspicious of him.

I'm honestly treading pretty lightly on solid material. I'll look through things and try to bring up some evidence if you'd like, but I'm trusting my brain when it's telling me 'you noted these people as suspicious in the past' for the most part.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 23, 2014, 08:55:56 pm »

Maybe.  Could be Cheeetar lying about his brotherhood (kinda low odds); do we have any independent confirmation of that?
Nope.

So it's basically unanimous that TWS is scum?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 23, 2014, 08:58:50 pm »

Yep. And keeping that there's more than one scum, that heightens the possibility that TWS is not scum.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 123